The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 6th, 2012, 10:09 AM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBlazePlatinum View Post
How far in Brightbulb City? Like arriving there or doing every event there that can be done? Also do I use a Pokemon Silver U ROM to patch Beta 3 to? Oh and on the first post the map with castle says Viridian City, even though I don't think Viridian City will actually appear ingame. Maybe mentioned or lampshaded by an NPC... Fufufu...

By the way is Suden another planet close to the Pokemon World or is Suden close to another familiar region (Kanto, Unova, Almia, etc.) or is Suden your name for the Pokemon world?
Brightbulb City can be "completed" (in other words, you can go through every single event in there). Everything is well-explained in the downloadable zip-file (although you said you're not going to download it yet) but just pointing this out for others to know too. But yes, you should patch it to a clean Pokemon Silver (U) rom.

That "Viridian City" you see there won't exist in the game and that part of Suden (East) can't be entered yet. It's just there for showing what East-Suden looks, that's all.

There is one event in the game where Suden is mentioned as a planet in the game although I might change it later so it's just said as "world" or something else. Anyway, Suden is supposed to be a world inhabited by Pokemon and in this hack, no other region is known / ever even existed.

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old June 10th, 2012, 12:42 PM
!MaX!

Full feedback will be up in a few days maybe tomorrow if I decide to rush it but for now some bug reports and some bloopers!

After beating the final gym(final for this beta I mean) I got around doing a few random things and then I decided to visit my hometown!

The Bulbasaur npc is back again!

I guess this has to do with the fact I'm still using my beta 2.2 save file, nothing too serious since Theresa still remembers that she already gave me a Bulbasaur, it's just weird that's all!

And now, for a game breaking one!

OH MY GOD, WHAT IS GOING ON????????????

Apparently, entering my house triggered one of the scripts again, with disturbing results!

After the script ends, the game doesn't freeze but it's impossible to move unless you use a cheat code!(I have saved anyway just before I entered my house)

Using the walk through walls gameshark code will help you escape and after that you can enter and leave the house without any problem!

The tree that the Charmander was guarding gives no berries any more!

Don't know if this is a bug or intentional!

This screenshot is from The Capital!

The mobs at the side are different and lower lvl than those at the sea!

Again, I don't know if this is intentional or not!

And now for some bloopers!

Spoiler:

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Spoiler:
Ok, I admit this was a pain to find!

What's with the graveyard of signs?

I almost expected a zombie coming out of the ground!

HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR!!!!!

Last edited by !MaX!; June 10th, 2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old June 10th, 2012, 12:51 PM
godlesplay

can anyone tell me where are pages of magic book ?
Old June 10th, 2012, 03:06 PM
!MaX!

Quote:
Originally Posted by godlesplay View Post
I hope it's pretty self-explanatory!

Spoiler:

Old June 10th, 2012, 10:55 PM
miksy91

Quote:
Originally Posted by !MaX! View Post
Full feedback will be up in a few days maybe tomorrow if I decide to rush it but for now some bug reports and some bloopers!

After beating the final gym(final for this beta I mean) I got around doing a few random things and then I decided to visit my hometown!

The Bulbasaur npc is back again!

I guess this has to do with the fact I'm still using my beta 2.2 save file, nothing too serious since Theresa still remembers that she already gave me a Bulbasaur, it's just weird that's all!

And now, for a game breaking one!

OH MY GOD, WHAT IS GOING ON????????????

Apparently, entering my house triggered one of the scripts again, with disturbing results!

After the script ends, the game doesn't freeze but it's impossible to move unless you use a cheat code!(I have saved anyway just before I entered my house)

Using the walk through walls gameshark code will help you escape and after that you can enter and leave the house without any problem!
Yeah... all that is definitely because of using your save file from Beta 2.2. The reason for this happening is because I happened to change Bulbasaur's flag no. because I noticed it was using an "unstable" flag in older versions and the reason why you're having bugs at the home is that I accidentally changed one other place to use the same trigger flag as your home (meaning the trigger event in there was already over) and later on, changed home's trigger flag to something else.

I'm wondering though, didn't you notice any other glitches happening in places that use triggers according to this? By heart, I can only think of a couple of places where the triggers could actually work by having the trigger flag activated from the beginning when you get there.

EDIT (to this):
If you open the VBA's memory viewer and go to offset D6CD with it, the value there should be 00. I assume that the value in your save file is different (01 or 02) though so you should change it to 00 if so (and then use a save state afterwards). That should prevent bugs in following versions to occur. To fix Bulbasaur glitch, increase the value in offset D7B9 by 80.
Quote:

The tree that the Charmander was guarding gives no berries any more!

Don't know if this is a bug or intentional!

This screenshot is from The Capital!

The mobs at the side are different and lower lvl than those at the sea!

Again, I don't know if this is intentional or not!
That "berry tree bug" occurs because of the fact, that's not a normal berry tree. The script of that tree "simulates" a script of a berry tree as highly as I possibly could do back then (not sure if there is a better way through scripting only) so basically, no berries will ever grow in it.
If there were no rare candies to be picked, I could of course make it a normal berry tree instead.

About the other screenshot, I've no idea what you're talking about . I see nothing wrong (no tile-errors ?) with it and a wordbook translated "mob" as "group of people" so it really doesn't say a thing to me either.

Quote:
And now for some bloopers!

Spoiler:

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Spoiler:
Ok, I admit this was a pain to find!

What's with the graveyard of signs?

I almost expected a zombie coming out of the ground!

HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post
That "Viridian City" you see there won't exist in the game and that part of Suden (East) can't be entered yet. It's just there for showing what East-Suden looks, that's all.
It looks like I couldn't pack this up although I think I could!
The events calling you a "CHEATER" occur by the fact that a friend of mine thought it would be cool if I changed the pointer to "Object event." display that sentence instead. So yeah...

Quote:

Quote:
Spoiler:

Two found, another two left to go!
And the remaining two may wait till the next beta, or further...

Here's a hint in finding another one:

Spoiler:
Even some houses have items hidden inside them. Even your home does...

Hacks I support

Last edited by miksy91; June 11th, 2012 at 01:05 AM.
Old June 11th, 2012, 05:48 AM
!MaX!

Quote:
About the other screenshot, I've no idea what you're talking about . I see nothing wrong (no tile-errors ?) with it and a wordbook translated "mob" as "group of people" so it really doesn't say a thing to me either.
!%!#$%^#$%!#%!!#$%!#$%!#$%!!#^#%^#%#%!%@#$@$!^$%&@!~^$!!!!!!

I was referring to pokemon as mobs!

Sorry, have been playing too much Lineage 2 and League of Legends!XD

Quote:
I'm wondering though, didn't you notice any other glitches happening in places that use triggers according to this? By heart, I can only think of a couple of places where the triggers could actually work by having the trigger flag activated from the beginning when you get there.
I did!

The fisherman at Area 106 Mt. Lima Entrance that talks about Fisherman Dustin!

I don't remember anything else right now, I will see what I can find!

Quote:
EDIT (to this):
If you open the VBA's memory viewer and go to offset D6CD with it, the value there should be 00. I assume that the value in your save file is different (01 or 02) though so you should change it to 00 if so (and then use a save state afterwards). That should prevent bugs in following versions to occur. To fix Bulbasaur glitch, increase the value in offset D7B9 by 80.
Hhhmmmm.....this sounds like chinese to me!xD

I'll try!

Last edited by !MaX!; June 11th, 2012 at 05:58 AM.
Old June 11th, 2012, 06:02 AM
godlesplay

Quote:

Spoiler:

I found only one in Milky Village , btw where is HM Surf ?
Old June 11th, 2012, 06:20 AM
miksy91

Quote:
!%!#$%^#$%!#%!!#$%!#$%!#$%!!#^#%^#%#%!%@#$@$!^$%&@!~^$!!!!!!

I was referring to pokemon as mobs!

Sorry, have been playing too much Lineage 2 and League of Legends!XD
Okay! It's intended to be so because that's where the map connection between The Capital and Western Lake is located. Each map can only have one set of wild pokemon data so I couldn't make different water pokemon appear in different parts of The Capital and I don't think it would work if strong water pokemon could be seen in those small pools close to the Pokecenter.

Quote:
I did!

The fisherman at Area 106 Mt. Lima Entrance that talks about Fisherman Dustin!
This is not intended to be a bug either (and has nothing to do with trigger events btw). When talking to him again after he catches Lv10 Magikarp, he won't encounter another one till you escape Area 106 and return there. This is mostly because I don't want to use flags for no good reason (you need to understand what this means either). :D

Quote:
I found only one in Milky Village , btw where is HM Surf ?
I've written the FAQ in the main post for questions of this kind but as it's not really explained in there (only tells you HM03 will be obtainable eventually by playing), I'll answer to it.

Just keep playing till you reach Argent Warehouse. You'll get it from a scientist in there after a certain event (not going to spoil it here) is gone through.

Hacks I support

Old June 12th, 2012, 05:06 AM
blooster23

This is a great hack! I love it. I was able to find 3 pages out of all of them. I was able to find the 3rd one by luck
Old June 12th, 2012, 11:59 AM
digimonqueen
Draco Malfoy's Girlfriend

Nature: Gentle
what's the item the man wants to give you for $3500? i don't trust shady characters after that Magicarp dude. can you at least give me a hint? oh, and PLEASE click on the egg in my siggy. i need it to hatch.

Help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it.

“Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without love. By returning, you may ensure that fewer souls are maimed, fewer families are torn apart. If that seems to you a worthy goal, then we say good-bye for the present.”

"Harry--you're a great wizard, you know."
"I'm not as good as you," said Harry, very embarrassed, as she let him go.
"Me!" said Hermione. "Books! And cleverness! There are more important things--friendship and bravery and--oh Harry--be careful!"
Old June 12th, 2012, 12:30 PM
HeroesAndCons

I have a major issue with this otherwise great hack - the difficulty of certsain Gym Leaders is outrageous. The Grass Gym had me struggling to grind decent levels, and there was NOTHING useful at that point with a type advantage to Grass types (just Swinub, who is weak to grass, Delibird and Sneasel, who are better left unmentioned, and the terrible early bugs).
The biggest outrage is Isaac the fighting Gym Leader, though. Quite frankly, a Level 42 Machamp with Earthquake and Dynamicpunch is unbeatable without literally hours of grinding - even my level 34 Kadabra was OHKOed, and Machamp outsped everything else. Please lower Isaac's main Pokemon levels by about 5 levels; level 42 at that point is nothing more than a complete waste of my time doing relentless grinding - something which should not need to be done if this is, as you say you wish it to be, a "true RPG". Unless those levels are lowered, well... mission failed, sir. Mission failed.
Old June 12th, 2012, 05:28 PM
MedicineMan
Unhatched Egg

The signpost graveyard was kind of funny. Reminds me of the signpost maze from Link's Awakening. I actually found those all over kanto and not just that city while messing around with gameshark codes.

I enjoyed the beta. It's cool how the player's party is starting to develop now. THANK YOU for putting in an elemental orb. I was hoping we'd have the opportunity to get one in this release.

I second what Heroesandcons said about the levels, though. It's not that I have a problem with high levels, it's just that when you're trying to get to level 25 and the wild pokemon are level 11, it's a little tedious.

Also,
Spoiler:
Is it possible for you to return that stolen sweater?
Old June 12th, 2012, 07:01 PM
!MaX!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroesAndCons View Post
I have a major issue with this otherwise great hack - the difficulty of certsain Gym Leaders is outrageous. The Grass Gym had me struggling to grind decent levels, and there was NOTHING useful at that point with a type advantage to Grass types (just Swinub, who is weak to grass, Delibird and Sneasel, who are better left unmentioned, and the terrible early bugs).
The biggest outrage is Isaac the fighting Gym Leader, though. Quite frankly, a Level 42 Machamp with Earthquake and Dynamicpunch is unbeatable without literally hours of grinding - even my level 34 Kadabra was OHKOed, and Machamp outsped everything else. Please lower Isaac's main Pokemon levels by about 5 levels; level 42 at that point is nothing more than a complete waste of my time doing relentless grinding - something which should not need to be done if this is, as you say you wish it to be, a "true RPG". Unless those levels are lowered, well... mission failed, sir. Mission failed.
You are not supposed to beat Isaac at that time but....

Do you still have your Bulbasaur?

I beat Isaac only with Bulbasaur(of course, I did try a lot of times before I was able to beat him), you can say it is the Ace for this hack as it is right now!

All you have to do is learn to it the moves Sleep Powder and Leech Seed and you can win most of the battles in the current beta!
Old June 12th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Evil 4 Life

how far into the game is brightbulb city? How many hours of gameplay and gyms am I looking at?
Old June 12th, 2012, 10:10 PM
miksy91

Quote:
Originally Posted by blooster23 View Post
This is a great hack! I love it. I was able to find 3 pages out of all of them. I was able to find the 3rd one by luck
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by digimonqueen View Post
what's the item the man wants to give you for $3500? i don't trust shady characters after that Magicarp dude. can you at least give me a hint? oh, and PLEASE click on the egg in my siggy. i need it to hatch.
It's Town Map for Pokegear that he's selling. I guess that price could be lowered a little bit too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroesAndCons View Post
Others have also said that Brady and Arnold are very difficult to beat and it wouldn't be a problem if they were optional ones but they're not...
You can actually get Pidgey, Hoothoot and Vulpix by then.

Nevertheless, I've decided to drop down the levels of the pokemon that trainers use. Wild pokemon will stay the same and that way, the game won't maintain as difficult as it's now. It's good when everyone can beat it, the storyline is more important feature than how challenging the game is after all.

And as Max said, there is no reason for the player trying to defeat Isaac at all and I didn't mean one to do either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
I enjoyed the beta. It's cool how the player's party is starting to develop now. THANK YOU for putting in an elemental orb. I was hoping we'd have the opportunity to get one in this release.
Good to hear you liked it!
*I replied to the difficulty in my earlier quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post

Also,
Spoiler:
Is it possible for you to return that stolen sweater?
Spoiler:

Not in this release but in later releases, I think I'll make it that way. You still have to put it in use before giving it back though

Quote:
I beat Isaac only with Bulbasaur(of course, I did try a lot of times before I was able to beat him), you can say it is the Ace for this hack as it is right now!

All you have to do is learn to it the moves Sleep Powder and Leech Seed and you can win most of the battles in the current beta!
Actually... it can't be done like this anymore.
Instead of Sleep Powder, I made it learn Stun Spore so that you wouldn't be able to "cheat" through battles anymore. At least, with Venusaur it's practically impossible to lose a match by using Sleep Powder, Leech Seed and Razor Leaf.
*Besides, Bulbasaur learns Vine Whip at lv12 instead of lv10 like in normal releases. There is no point in having such "feature" now that you can't go and challenge Ritch in the beginning before having to battle some trainers first but that was practically the idea behind that.

I've decided to keep Bulbasaur the way it is now and make trainers easier to beat that you don't have to "cheat" to win at all.
I tested through the hack without using any of the Kanto starters and it wasn't so bad really (and was underleveled compared to the pokemon gym leaders use).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil 4 Life View Post
how far into the game is brightbulb city? How many hours of gameplay and gyms am I looking at?
This would probably be a 60-80% release of a normal pokemon game like RSE or FRLG. There are six gyms of which 2nd and 3rd one have to be beaten and rest are optional (you aren't collecting badges at all, there is a very different quest you've got to finish).

Updates!

I've decided to start working on an update Beta 3.0 soon. The following version will be called Beta 3.1 and will have the following updates to Beta 3.0

-Trainers weakened a little bit (levels dropped by ~10% likely, leaders > 10%)
-Three minor bugs fixed (of which one can't even be found without hacking in current version. Other ones: "Ancient Power" text bug + "TM Sandstorm in the rocks" if not picked. Not sure if anyone has even noticed these.)
-Updated information in the zip-file telling you shouldn't continue from the point where you left off with Beta 2.2 (it's okay to continue from the point where you left off with Beta 3.0 however).
-New battle sprites for Team D. Goons, and for another one who already has a new battle sprite which will be made even more epic, and possibly even more

Credit for the new battle sprites goes to Poketto-Monsuta.
Just for reference, here is some of his earlier sprite work: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=233659

Hacks I support

Last edited by miksy91; June 12th, 2012 at 10:17 PM.
Old June 17th, 2012, 12:03 PM
!MaX!

Yeah, the few days ended up becoming a week but here's my review nonetheless!

Spoiler:

#12395723529438 Keep rollin' rollin' rollin' rollin'

Rofl rofl rofl!

I know the screenshots don't show much, but that there is some funny stuff!

#2 Biker

Eeehhhmm....nothing really, Sir, I was just passing by and you stopped me for no reason!

And...he dissapeared right after I beat him!

New rival or something?

#3 Darkness Team again

And we run across Team Darkness again!

We also see some nice scripting done which is quite refreshing as always!

W8, could that be.......YES!!!!!

REVENGE!!!!

Apparently, just like Isaac, Captain Darkness also has an even stronger team, which after all the things I have seen, doesn't really surprise me anymore!

Unfortunately for him, we are interrupted...

...by Master Neal who saves the day!

My thought was "This guy must be pretty strong to make the Darkness Captain and his team retreat!"

Master Neal waves us goodbye, saying that we will meet again!(These screenshots were taken days ago and I don't remember many of the events)

An old lady then appears(at least I think she is old, I can't really tell from the sprite) thanking us for chasing away Team Darkness!

She asks us to meet her again in her farm so she can reward us, even explaining how we will open the gate!

And this is what I'm talking about!

This is a proper explanation on how a new mechanism works unlike that old invisible Key!

#4 Milky Village Inn

Off to the Milky Village!

Since I'm there, I decide to go heal my Pokemon first!

Don't want to run unprepared in any events that might require me to fight!

W8!

Where the freak is the Pokecenter?

Huh?

"Milky Village Inn"

Could it be...?

Oh come on, I really have to pay this time?

Well, it's just 100 Poké Dollars, it's not that expensive!

I guess it's kinda logical for them to be far behind in technology and not have a Pokemon Center, after all we are in a Village, and this might also be a try to make it look more like an rpg.....

....too bad it's ruined by the fact that there is a computer right here and I can heal my Pokemon by just depositing them!(I'm joking of course!It would suck if there wasn't a computer to change my Pokemon!)

#5 Jungle and Cobra

Went to the farm, got my reward, did what I had to do in the Milky Village, bla bla bla, time to go to the jungle!

Yeah. instead of the Safari Zone, we get a jungle!

Spoiler:

Time for an exciting and dangerous adventure with temples and dungeons full of booby traps and the ancient treasures of kings and gods, an endless ocean of trees full of carnivorous animals ready to feast on human flesh, a human that has grown with the apes since he was a baby and tribes that have lived away from the rest of the human civilization for THOUSANDS of years!

No, but we do get to find the "Cobra" that guard warned us about....WHAT'S THIS???

DON'T WORRY ME LADY!

YOUR KNIGHT TO THE RESCUE IS COMIN' TO SAVE YA!

LEAVE 'ER ALONE YOU FILTHY SNAKE OF HELL!

So, yeah I beat the Arbok, and people congratulated me for that.....I don't exactly remember what really happened!XD (As I said before, these screenshots were taken days ago)

Off to the next route!

I also have to say that by this point my Pokemon were starting to get tired due to all the battles!

Couldn't there have been a PC in this building at least?

#6 Zapdos

A yellow bird Pokemon?

Now which that might be?XD

Of course, I know that she was talking about Zapdos but what I didn't expect was to see it right after a few moments!

Although, we don't get to fight right away but instead it flies off far from us!(I think they said that it went to some tower?!?)

I like how you start to introduce the Legendaries little by little!

#7 Magikarp Trainer

Aaaaah yes!

Finding new uses for some not so famous Pokemon!

That's always nice!

Beating this guy was easy and I got the Dratini!

I still haven't tried battling him again though!(which reminds me that I also never tried to evolve a Magikarp with the Water Stone to see what will happen! Maybe I'm gonna give it a try!)

#8 Super Onix

Huh......Super Onix....oh come on!

Just how strong can that Super Onix be.....

...eeeEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!

JESUS!!!

Although this is supposed to be a statue, I was still speechless by the sprite!

#9 New companion

And it's a girl!

Oh ho ho!

Spoiler:

Someone is getting lucky tonight!

Seriously now, it's good to get new companions but the problem remains!

These companions do almost nothing and have served nothing important so far to the plot, and I say this after I have finished beta 3.0!

#10 Water Gym

Beating the gym of Argent Warehouse was surprisingly easy!

Maybe it's the fact that I have a Bulbasaur and my team is much more trained than before!

I like how you changed the color of Bugsy's sprite to make him match the theme of the gym!

#11 Script Madness

Ok, I'm done with Argent Warehouse pretty swiftly!

Nothing extraordinary or dangerous so far, everything's fine!

OMGROFLMAOWTFGGQQBB!!!!!!!

Ok, I admit, Earthquake scripts are always awesome!

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!

HOLY MOSES!!!!!!

Miksy91 used CUTSCENE!

It's super effective!

MaX had a nerdgasm!

That.....was the most freaking amazing thing I have ever seen in a Pokemon hack so far!

I'm serious!

The scripting done here must have been painful and it probably required a lot of hard work!

Even though there was no battle with that semi-pseudo Legendary Super Onix, the cutscenes were more than enough to get me all fired up!

#12 messing up

After the Argent Warehouse, I messed up and went first to...you guessed it, Deep Cavern!

So, I fall down this hole and I'm like "@#$%!!!What now?"(Yes, I have completely forgotten that I had an Escape Rope with me!No, I didn't have the Flash HM yet)

No big deal since I have saved, well before I went into the cave!

I decide to keep going anyway and by utilizing a small trick with the pokemon battles, I am able to abuse the little light that I get, to proceed further into the cave...

...only to run into some guy here that uses the Anti Form from Kingdom Hearts 2!

At this point, my Pokemon were still no match for him so I had to restart and this time make sure to go to the Brightbulb City!

#13 Brightbulb City

Eeehhmmm.....ok.........what the heck??

Did I accidentally use my Pokemon Crystal rom?

No, it turns out that poor Professor Joke gets tricked by all the @$$holes and he ends up giving them new Pokemon!(for some reason I didn't get any more screenshots from this part)

The sad part is that I trick him as well and I get the Totodile this way!

At this point, I figured out that in the future we will get the other two Johto starters as well in some way or another!

Aaaaand...end of the line!

Oh well, I still have a few things to do!

#14 Idiot

You don't say....

#15 Gym Trainers

No, there are not!

Which reminds me, the trainers at the gyms really need a different dialogue for when you have beaten their leader!

#16 Custom moves

Or more like Pokemon that know moves they aren't supposed to know!

And I also saw the Night Shade Guarados and some other which I don't remember right now!

So, here's my question!

Are we also able to learn such moves to our Pokemon?

#17 Big Shoe

It's open!

Good!

Only one complaint!

It lacks an elevator!

Nice use of the Burglar trainer!

But what now?

Are we seriously gonna keep the sweater?

What?

First, we trick Professor Joke out of his Pokemon then we steal that poor guy's sweater?!?

We are supposed to be heroes not Team Rocket!

#18 Deep Cavern retry

So, after getting well prepared, I go back to the Deep Cavern!

Defeating the Guardian was still pretty difficult especially since he has that lvl 52 Snorlax!

Ok, this guy just has to be a villain!

What the....ok, seriously, did he freeze time or something?

Even in the original pokemon games the screen flashes before the characters dissapear!

Even ninjas aren't that fas....ooooohhh, I get it!

He used the Space–Time Ninjutsu!

Spoiler:

And, at long last, we get the first Elemental Orb!

Oh God, the cave is collapsing!

WE ARE GONNA DIE!!!

OH THE HUMANITY!!!

No, the team escapes by using an escape rope!

Out of curiosity, I backed up and then tried to do this part again without any Escape Rope (I tossed them)

And....nothing different happened!

You still use an Escape Rope to get out of the cave safe and sound!

I guess a dark ending in a Pokemon would be kinda....yeah...it would suck!

And the cave has completely collapsed which reveals the Earthquake TM!

The bad news is that kinda sucks since they were some pretty strong pokemon inside the cave who were good for training!

Lady, the entire cave collapsed which was probably accompanied by a massive earthquake and all you have to talk about is swimming??????

#19 Grand Tower

So, all that's left is the Grand Tower!

This one is definitely the hardest part of the beta 3.0

Oh yeah, it's definitely Pokemon League all over again!

Actually, defeating the first three was pretty easy but the hard part started when we reached the semi-finals!

WHAT???

RED??

REALLY?

RED?

WHAT??WHAT???

Oh well!!(Yeah, I know he isn't that Red but the name still blows my mind on so many levels!)

This guy is tough!

He gave me a pretty hard time but I still managed to beat him on my first try!

....AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA, that's funny, you almost got me there man!

You have humor, I give you that!

Now seriously, where is my real prize?

.................................WHAT THE @$$????

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?

YOU'RE THE FREAKING SEMIFINAL AND THAT'S ALL I GET???

TO TOP IT ALL, I'M THE FIRST GUY THAT EVER BEAT YOU!

Even the first Sage Elite gave me at least a PP Up!

Sage Elite Red!?!

More like SAGE ELITE DOUCHEBAG!!!!

Hhhmmff....

Anyway we're finally gonna meet Master Neal again!

Oh God, no, I fell into the Deep Cavern again!

No, actually we're just in a dark corridor on our way to Sage Master Neal!

GREAT SCOTT, THIS GUY LOOKS BAD@$$!

I'm serious, this is one of the most awesome sprites I have ever seen in a Pokemon game!

And......I get beaten to a pulp because Charizard is just way too strong!XD

It wasn't until after I trained my Umbreon that I was able to take him out!

Time to collect my grand prize!

.....great, just great!

First, Red gives me just a potion and now, Sage Master Neal rewards me with absolutely nothing!

No, seriously, I checked my inventory afterwards and I didn't have anything new!(At least, I'm pretty positive that Master Neal wouldn't give me just a potion!)

It wasn't till later that I thought that probably the item is still not programmed or that it might be a bug!

Too bad that by that point I have already saved the game!

Out of curiosity I tried to redo the challenge!

And.....that's where I reach my limit because Sage Master Neal's Pokemon are now 70+ and that Charizard is simple impossible with the team I have right now!

I think of restarting the game when the next beta comes out because more and more bugs keep popping up!

And yes, that's recent!

#20 Money

...are kinda a problem!

Since there is no phone in this hack, there is no way of re-battling trainers to get more money!(other than the Grand Tower which is just too difficult)

If you can add the feature in the next beta or any easier way to earn money for that matter, that would be nice!

#21 Daycare

One of the best features that 2nd generation introduced is breeding!

We need it!

Pretty please!XD

#22 GAME CORNER

Nuff said!

That's all I had to say for now!(at least so I think!I might have forgotten something!)

Good luck with the next beta and see you soon again!

Last edited by !MaX!; June 17th, 2012 at 06:47 PM.
Old June 18th, 2012, 07:18 AM
miksy91

Wow, looks like I've also got some replying to do :D

I'll get to it later though (probably in a couple of hours) and edit this post when I'm done but what I'd like to know though:

"I also saw the Night Shade Guarados and some other which I don't remember right now!"

Any idea where a Gyarados like this would have been? I've tried to be exact with the moves that opponent-pokemon know but I've to admit, there are likely bugs like this still in game. About that Aipom, I've made it to know some special attacks for fun: Toxic, Extremespeed, Double Team + one I don't remember (if I even remembered these three correctly).

The TM learning data has stayed the same which practically means that you won't be able to teach your Aipom those moves in it couldn't learn them in original Silver.

Hacks I support

Old June 18th, 2012, 08:09 AM
!MaX!

Quote:
Wow, looks like I've also got some replying to do :D

I'll get to it later though (probably in a couple of hours) and edit this post when I'm done but what I'd like to know though:

"I also saw the Night Shade Guarados and some other which I don't remember right now!"

Any idea where a Gyarados like this would have been? I've tried to be exact with the moves that opponent-pokemon know but I've to admit, there are likely bugs like this still in game. About that Aipom, I've made it to know some special attacks for fun: Toxic, Extremespeed, Double Team + one I don't remember (if I even remembered these three correctly).

The TM learning data has stayed the same which practically means that you won't be able to teach your Aipom those moves in it couldn't learn them in original Silver.
Did I say Night Shade Guarados?

I think it was actually a Tentacruel!XD
Old June 18th, 2012, 10:24 AM
miksy91

Replies to stuff in Spoiler.

Spoiler:
Quote:
#12395723529438 Keep rollin' rollin' rollin' rollin'

Rofl rofl rofl!

I know the screenshots don't show much, but that there is some funny stuff!
Nothing else to add here, I completely agree with you :D

Quote:
#2 Biker

Eeehhhmm....nothing really, Sir, I was just passing by and you stopped me for no reason!

And...he dissapeared right after I beat him!

New rival or something?
Not a rival but you're bound to meet him again, sooner or later.

Quote:
#3 Darkness Team again

And we run across Team Darkness again!

We also see some nice scripting done which is quite refreshing as always!

W8, could that be.......YES!!!!!

REVENGE!!!!

Apparently, just like Isaac, Captain Darkness also has an even stronger team, which after all the things I have seen, doesn't really surprise me anymore!

Unfortunately for him, we are interrupted...

...by Master Neal who saves the day!

My thought was "This guy must be pretty strong to make the Darkness Captain and his team retreat!"

Master Neal waves us goodbye, saying that we will meet again!(These screenshots were taken days ago and I don't remember many of the events)

An old lady then appears(at least I think she is old, I can't really tell from the sprite) thanking us for chasing away Team Darkness!

She asks us to meet her again in her farm so she can reward us, even explaining how we will open the gate!

And this is what I'm talking about!

This is a proper explanation on how a new mechanism works unlike that old invisible Key!
Again, nice to hear you liked it!
It wasn't really that difficult to create scripts of this kind because nothing that special doesn't happen in this script either - lots of code is just gone through, nothing more. But it took some time to get it finished however.

Actually, it's quite difficult to make these new mechanisms to work the way they should. Of course I can get around them because I do them but I also have to think how a random player with no knowledge what will happen next, will get past them. Good to hear this is working the way it should though!

Quote:
#4 Milky Village Inn

Off to the Milky Village!

Since I'm there, I decide to go heal my Pokemon first!

Don't want to run unprepared in any events that might require me to fight!

W8!

Where the freak is the Pokecenter?

Huh?

"Milky Village Inn"

Could it be...?

Oh come on, I really have to pay this time?

Well, it's just 100 Poké Dollars, it's not that expensive!

I guess it's kinda logical for them to be far behind in technology and not have a Pokemon Center, after all we are in a Village, and this might also be a try to make it look more like an rpg.....

....too bad it's ruined by the fact that there is a computer right here and I can heal my Pokemon by just depositing them!(I'm joking of course!It would suck if there wasn't a computer to change my Pokemon!)
I admit, I took the idea of having an inn from Final Fantasy games as well and think it really works in a place of this kind. If there was an inn instead of a pokecenter in The Capital however, that wouldn't be such a good idea.

Quote:
#5 Jungle and Cobra

Went to the farm, got my reward, did what I had to do in the Milky Village, bla bla bla, time to go to the jungle!

Yeah. instead of the Safari Zone, we get a jungle!

Spoiler:

Time for an exciting and dangerous adventure with temples and dungeons full of booby traps and the ancient treasures of kings and gods, an endless ocean of trees full of carnivorous animals ready to feast on human flesh, a human that has grown with the apes since he was a baby and tribes that have lived away from the rest of the human civilization for THOUSANDS of years!

No, but we do get to find the "Cobra" that guard warned us about....WHAT'S THIS???

DON'T WORRY ME LADY!

YOUR KNIGHT TO THE RESCUE IS COMIN' TO SAVE YA!

LEAVE 'ER ALONE YOU FILTHY SNAKE OF HELL!

So, yeah I beat the Arbok, and people congratulated me for that.....I don't exactly remember what really happened!XD (As I said before, these screenshots were taken days ago)

Off to the next route!

I also have to say that by this point my Pokemon were starting to get tired due to all the battles!

Couldn't there have been a PC in this building at least?
That's a good idea you've got there in the end of this paragraph! I could possibly put random people in some maps who will heal your party if talked to (for example in this gate shown in that picture).

Actually, not gonna need this
I've been working on an updated Beta 3 (3.1) and already made it up to Argent Warehouse. The trainers in these parts aren't that tough so you won't probably need a place to heal after the battles (if you at least once returned to Greenwood Town from The Jungle).

Quote:
#6 Zapdos

A yellow bird Pokemon?

Now which that might be?XD

Of course, I know that she was talking about Zapdos but what I didn't expect was to see it right after a few moments!

Although, we don't get to fight right away but instead it flies off far from us!(I think they said that it went to some tower?!?)

I like how you start to introduce the Legendaries little by little!
Zapdos may actually be the only legendary who you can meet before encountering it. I've pretty much planned the events for getting Articuno, Moltres, Ho-Oh (who is actually already implemented in Beta 3.0, cannot be gotten without cheating though) and Mew and none of these can be seen before battling them like Zapdos is (which doesn't have to be met like you did).

That "tower" (mentioned as big building) is located in the town to the east. You can probably guess which building we're talking about.

Quote:
#7 Magikarp Trainer

Aaaaah yes!

Finding new uses for some not so famous Pokemon!

That's always nice!

Beating this guy was easy and I got the Dratini!

I still haven't tried battling him again though!(which reminds me that I also never tried to evolve a Magikarp with the Water Stone to see what will happen! Maybe I'm gonna give it a try!)
By defeating Sage Blue, you got Exp. Share, right? That's definitely something you want to equip Magikarp with.

Quote:
#8 Super Onix

Huh......Super Onix....oh come on!

Just how strong can that Super Onix be.....

...eeeEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!

JESUS!!!

Although this is supposed to be a statue, I was still speechless by the sprite!
That's actually an in-game sprite here. I believe you can get a doll of Onix in your room although I'm not sure whether that's possible or not. But it serves its purpose here fine indeed

Quote:
#9 New companion

And it's a girl!

Oh ho ho!

Spoiler:

Someone is getting lucky tonight!

Seriously now, it's good to get new companions but the problem remains!

These companions do almost nothing and have served nothing important so far to the plot, and I say this after I have finished beta 3.0!
Just like Oscar, Ashlyn also has a special reason for you taking her with you. I'm not sure if this is a "must-thing-to-do" or not. If it is, she will likely join you in the town in very eastern part of West-Suden. Why there? Some workers ought to get the Area 112 cleared one day.

But yeah, I'll try to think of some cutscenes for them in Beta 4 so that they won't remain completely useless in it as well.
And the player actually remembers the main hero is carrying one/two people inside him.

Quote:
#10 Water Gym

Beating the gym of Argent Warehouse was surprisingly easy!

Maybe it's the fact that I have a Bulbasaur and my team is much more trained than before!

I like how you changed the color of Bugsy's sprite to make him match the theme of the gym!
Not much to add here either. Bugsy's battle sprite actually works here like a charm as well (@that thing she's holding there).

Quote:
#11 Script Madness

Ok, I'm done with Argent Warehouse pretty swiftly!

Nothing extraordinary or dangerous so far, everything's fine!

OMGROFLMAOWTFGGQQBB!!!!!!!

Ok, I admit, Earthquake scripts are always awesome!

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!

HOLY MOSES!!!!!!

Miksy91 used CUTSCENE!

It's super effective!

MaX had a nerdgasm!

That.....was the most freaking amazing thing I have ever seen in a Pokemon hack so far!

I'm serious!

The scripting done here must have been painful and it probably required a lot of hard work!

Even though there was no battle with that semi-pseudo Legendary Super Onix, the cutscenes were more than enough to get me all fired up!
Again, the scripting for the event for Super Onix wasn't difficult in any way but all the amount of work put in it makes it magnificent :D

The problem was that other event (with Team Darkness) that is gone through after it. I really had some trouble with it; I was easily able to replace the sprite of Cactus with that of Captain but it always changed back to normal when map was completely loaded. And I yet had to do more coding to make it so that when you actually get to that room by getting yourself with Cactus there, to make it so the sprite would remain the same.

But thanks! It means a lot to me that people actually care that how much work I put in these cutscenes

Quote:
#12 messing up

After the Argent Warehouse, I messed up and went first to...you guessed it, Deep Cavern!

So, I fall down this hole and I'm like "@#$%!!!What now?"(Yes, I have completely forgotten that I had an Escape Rope with me!No, I didn't have the Flash HM yet)

No big deal since I have saved, well before I went into the cave!

I decide to keep going anyway and by utilizing a small trick with the pokemon battles, I am able to abuse the little light that I get, to proceed further into the cave...

...only to run into some guy here that uses the Anti Form from Kingdom Hearts 2!

At this point, my Pokemon were still no match for him so I had to restart and this time make sure to go to the Brightbulb City!
Did you notice the triggered script when the player says it's not good to jump in that hole without an Escape Rope? I'll probably make it "run" even when you've one/more but it doesn't end in the way it does without an Escape Rope (player won't walk away).

Quote:
#13 Brightbulb City

Eeehhmmm.....ok.........what the heck??

Did I accidentally use my Pokemon Crystal rom?

No, it turns out that poor Professor Joke gets tricked by all the @$$holes and he ends up giving them new Pokemon!(for some reason I didn't get any more screenshots from this part)

The sad part is that I trick him as well and I get the Totodile this way!

At this point, I figured out that in the future we will get the other two Johto starters as well in some way or another!

Aaaaand...end of the line!

Oh well, I still have a few things to do!
Too bad you didn't take more pics about the event of getting Totodile, would have at least wanted to see your comments about the "starting out battle", hahha :D

Anyway, I don't want the heroes to act like Team Rocket but had to think of some way for you to encounter [you know who] and what I came up was hilarious (or so I think) so I just had to implement all this!

Quote:
#14 Idiot

You don't say....

#15 Gym Trainers

No, there are not!

Which reminds me, the trainers at the gyms really need a different dialogue for when you have beaten their leader!
Took me some time to figure out how the pokemon aren't there but makes sense now! I've been lazy editing the scripts of trainers in gyms but I guess I should spend some time working on the things they say when the gym leader is defeated (especially for ones like this guy here).

Quote:
#16 Custom moves

Or more like Pokemon that know moves they aren't supposed to know!

And I also saw the Night Shade Guarados and some other which I don't remember right now!

So, here's my question!

Are we also able to learn such moves to our Pokemon?
That "Night Shade Gyarados Tentacruel" is like that on purpose. I just think it works that Tentacruel can use Night Shade, no idea why really.

Quote:
#17 Big Shoe

It's open!

Good!

Only one complaint!

It lacks an elevator!

Nice use of the Burglar trainer!

But what now?

Are we seriously gonna keep the sweater?

What?

First, we trick Professor Joke out of his Pokemon then we steal that poor guy's sweater?!?

We are supposed to be heroes not Team Rocket!
The reason why there is no elevator is simply because of the script when the burglar steals the Sweater.

Someone else also complained about the heroes keeping the stolen Sweater so in Beta 3.1, Cactus mentions that they'll return that Sweater later, it must be "put in use" before doing that though.

Quote:
#18 Deep Cavern retry

So, after getting well prepared, I go back to the Deep Cavern!

Defeating the Guardian was still pretty difficult especially since he has that lvl 52 Snorlax!

Ok, this guy just has to be a villain!

What the....ok, seriously, did he freeze time or something?

Even in the original pokemon games the screen flashes before the characters dissapear!

Even ninjas aren't that fas....ooooohhh, I get it!

He used the Space–Time Ninjutsu!

Spoiler:

And, at long last, we get the first Elemental Orb!

Oh God, the cave is collapsing!

WE ARE GONNA DIE!!!

OH THE HUMANITY!!!

No, the team escapes by using an escape rope!

Out of curiosity, I backed up and then tried to do this part again without any Escape Rope (I tossed them)

And....nothing different happened!

You still use an Escape Rope to get out of the cave safe and sound!

I guess a dark ending in a Pokemon would be kinda....yeah...it would suck!

And the cave has completely collapsed which reveals the Earthquake TM!

The bad news is that kinda sucks since they were some pretty strong pokemon inside the cave who were good for training!

Lady, the entire cave collapsed which was probably accompanied by a massive earthquake and all you have to talk about is swimming??????
Maybe it's just me but I think the way that person disappears looks just fine. When the screen is made light (like with the Biker scene), you can also see the person disappearing just like it does right over. A proper way would be only by:
1) Making the person walk away
2) "Using an Escape Rope" (like rival in Sprout Tower)

About the Escape Rope bug; does somebody really notice it the "first time he/she receives the Orb" ? I doubt that. The proper way for fixing this would be hacking some assembly routines and make it impossible to throw Escape Ropes away. Another way would be by making Cactus find a rope during that earthquake scene (which would make no sense if you ask me).

I actually knew of this already when I was creating that script for picking up the Orb but decided to do nothing about it because it's really nothing too serious.

About that lady there, I could do something about it but yet again, nothing too serious because there is nothing glitchy there (although it's odd that a person is talking nothing about the quake because she certainly felt it).

P.S
There are some restrictions I've to work with. If I want all of these minor things to work perfectly, I've to use more flags than "required" which may lead to running out of them. If that happens, let's just say I can't even work with the simplest of the scripts anymore.

Quote:
#19 Grand Tower

So, all that's left is the Grand Tower!

This one is definitely the hardest part of the beta 3.0

Oh yeah, it's definitely Pokemon League all over again!

Actually, defeating the first three was pretty easy but the hard part started when we reached the semi-finals!

WHAT???

RED??

REALLY?

RED?

WHAT??WHAT???

Oh well!!(Yeah, I know he isn't that Red but the name still blows my mind on so many levels!)

This guy is tough!

He gave me a pretty hard time but I still managed to beat him on my first try!

....AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA, that's funny, you almost got me there man!

You have humor, I give you that!

Now seriously, where is my real prize?

.................................WHAT THE @$$????

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?

YOU'RE THE FREAKING SEMIFINAL AND THAT'S ALL I GET???

TO TOP IT ALL, I'M THE FIRST GUY THAT EVER BEAT YOU!

Even the first Sage Elite gave me at least a PP Up!

Sage Elite Red!?!

More like SAGE ELITE DOUCHEBAG!!!!

Hhhmmff....

Anyway we're finally gonna meet Master Neal again!

Oh God, no, I fell into the Deep Cavern again!

No, actually we're just in a dark corridor on our way to Sage Master Neal!

GREAT SCOTT, THIS GUY LOOKS BAD@$$!

I'm serious, this is one of the most awesome sprites I have ever seen in a Pokemon game!

And......I get beaten to a pulp because Charizard is just way too strong!XD

It wasn't until after I trained my Umbreon that I was able to take him out!

Time to collect my grand prize!

.....great, just great!

First, Red gives me just a potion and now, Sage Master Neal rewards me with absolutely nothing!

No, seriously, I checked my inventory afterwards and I didn't have anything new!(At least, I'm pretty positive that Master Neal wouldn't give me just a potion!)

It wasn't till later that I thought that probably the item is still not programmed or that it might be a bug!

Too bad that by that point I have already saved the game!

Out of curiosity I tried to redo the challenge!

And.....that's where I reach my limit because Sage Master Neal's Pokemon are now 70+ and that Charizard is simple impossible with the team I have right now!

I think of restarting the game when the next beta comes out because more and more bugs keep popping up!

And yes, that's recent!
That's exactly what Sage Elite Red is; Sage Elite Douchebag!
Each of his sentences actually remind of him being a jerk but there is really nothing useful he should give you either so I just thought of a Potion instead.
Wow, you really like of the battle sprite for Neal?! You know what, I made it (by using the japanese sage sprite as the base but still) :D
Only his hair and face is edited but yeah, I think it turned out quite cool as well (couldn't really do more than that, I suck at graphical work).

About the prize, did you accidentally skipped what it said? "HIRO received the Item. * The Item was placed inside HIRO's PC."
So yeah, check your PC, thered should be something there that you've been looking for

Are you using the save file from Beta 2.1 (like I told not to) ? In that case, go talking to a random boy in Area 101 and you should be able to go further in the gym afterwards.
Quote:
#20 Money

...are kinda a problem!

Since there is no phone in this hack, there is no way of re-battling trainers to get more money!(other than the Grand Tower which is just too difficult)

If you can add the feature in the next beta or any easier way to earn money for that matter, that would be nice!

#21 Daycare

One of the best features that 2nd generation introduced is breeding!

We need it!

Pretty please!XD

#22 GAME CORNER

Nuff said!
I've to agree with what you've to say about money. Especially as you've to buy the Signet to compete in Grand Tower. Fisherman Dustin gives some money when he's beaten though but nonetheless, it's hard to gain more money if you run out of it. I'll see what I can do about it (perhaps put a bank somewhere where you can load money if you're out of it (and have a certain limit of "how much you can have minus" at the time. This would be quite cool addition actually!).

About Daycare, I don't think it's a good idea if you can breed yourself more Eevees or do you see it as a problem? Anyway, haven't really thought about this. I believe I've actually gotten rid of all the scripts of original day-care but I can easily make my own if I want to (or get them from some other rom file of course).

Game Corner, sure it's a cool thing and all but does it really have something to do with this hack? Game Corner is a great addition to Prism for instance but this is way different. Again, I'll think about it...

Quote:
That's all I had to say for now!(at least so I think!I might have forgotten something!)

Good luck with the next beta and see you soon again!
Thanks, Beta 3.1 should be up in no time at all together with another hack not introduced in this site yet !

Hacks I support

Last edited by miksy91; June 18th, 2012 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Finished editing the post
Old June 18th, 2012, 01:20 PM
!MaX!

Quote:
Replies to stuff in Spoiler.

Spoiler:
That "Night Shade Gyarados Tentacruel" is like that on purpose. I just think it works that Tentacruel can use Night Shade, no idea why really.
Let me answer that for you!

Spoiler:
Tentacruel doesn't really have all that great attack or special attack but he has great special defense and speed!

It is good to be used against Special Attack Sweepers to mess them up with skills like Confuse Ray and Toxic!

Night Shade would be an ideal skill for it to be able to deal some decent damage!

And of course, he does look kinda "dark"!

Quote:
Spoiler:
About the prize, did you accidentally skipped what it said? "HIRO received the Item. * The Item was placed inside HIRO's PC."
So yeah, check your PC, thered should be something there that you've been looking for
#%!#%!#$%!~#$!%!#$!@$@#$@#

Found it!

Spoiler:

And....that's where I give up on the 4th page!

I searched high and low!

Please tell me where it is!XD

Quote:

About Daycare, I don't think it's a good idea if you can breed yourself more Eevees or do you see it as a problem? Anyway, haven't really thought about this. I believe I've actually gotten rid of all the scripts of original day-care but I can easily make my own if I want to (or get them from some other rom file of course).
But but but......breeding is what gave us the power to make even stronger Pokemon with even greater combinations!

Without breeding, we wouldn't have Crunch Arcanine or Cross Chop Golduck and so many others!

Not to mention it helps us to fill the Pokedex("Duh!Who cares about the Pokedex now??" I know!) plus we can multiply rare Pokemon like Eevee!

What's wrong with that?
Old June 18th, 2012, 08:45 PM
miksy91

Quote:
#%!#%!#$%!~#$!%!#$!@$@#$@#

Found it!

Spoiler:

And....that's where I give up on the 4th page!

I searched high and low!

Please tell me where it is!XD
Spoiler:
Have you found the key to that locked house in Western Lake? A man in "secret" part of Area 109 is holding it. Fight him to get the key and go to open that building. There are two "hidden" (they're normal scripts and so cannot be found with Itemfinder though) items inside (in obvious places you may not look though), and one of them is a Page.

Quote:
But but but......breeding is what gave us the power to make even stronger Pokemon with even greater combinations!

Without breeding, we wouldn't have Crunch Arcanine or Cross Chop Golduck and so many others!

Not to mention it helps us to fill the Pokedex("Duh!Who cares about the Pokedex now??" I know!) plus we can multiply rare Pokemon like Eevee!

What's wrong with that?
Actually, I've to say that I've never really used Daycare in original G/S/C, believe it or not... I should really check how its mechanism works first and then build one in my own hack. I guess I'll add one for Beta 4 somewhere.

Hacks I support

Old June 19th, 2012, 03:23 AM
godlesplay

finally I finished it ! I hope iw will be very soon beta 4 :D
Old June 19th, 2012, 03:08 PM
gameholic
Beginning Trainer

Hi I just wanted to know if there's any jar file of dark futue beta 3 ?
Nice game btw .. thanks a lot
Old June 23rd, 2012, 05:10 PM
Brane
-

Just finished the beta and I got to say overall it was fun to play. But I do have a few little nitpicks .

My first would be that sometimes the game wasn't self explanatory enough IN-GAME. I think even a complicated and made to be difficult game shouldn't need that much of an FAQ or guide to get through the game. This is probably coming from being stuck at Milky Village and not realising I had to talk to the guard, because his text when you step to go through the building and talk to him are different, and when he blocked me I assumed that was it and to progress further I had to beat the Sages. Fortunately I gave him a further crack .

Another would be the Pokemon levels in routes, some were way to weak in regards to the Gym in the next town. For instance I think I was fighting the guy who had the level thirties, and then level forties in the second battle, yet the route next to him had a max level of 18, and an average of I think 12-14. And the Pokemon in the game were below level 10 for way to long during the journey.

Also, have you thought of flipping the wild Pokemon system completely over? It's something I haven't seen done in terms of making Pokemon that are more common, rare, and having the rarer Pokemon more common. This would completely alter the normal feel and really mix up gameplay. For instance, having Pokemon like Magikarp very hard to find, yet Pokemon such as Heracross or even fossil Pokemon easy to find if you get what I mean. It would add a lot of diversity in certain areas.

But nonetheless, very enjoyable and difficult at times I look forward to playing the complete game. Great job.

GSC ftw
Old June 24th, 2012, 12:26 AM
miksy91

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameholic View Post
Hi I just wanted to know if there's any jar file of dark futue beta 3 ?
Nice game btw .. thanks a lot
Use Google, it ought to give you the answer you're looking for

Quote:
Originally Posted by brane View Post
Just finished the beta and I got to say overall it was fun to play. But I do have a few little nitpicks .

My first would be that sometimes the game wasn't self explanatory enough IN-GAME. I think even a complicated and made to be difficult game shouldn't need that much of an FAQ or guide to get through the game. This is probably coming from being stuck at Milky Village and not realising I had to talk to the guard, because his text when you step to go through the building and talk to him are different, and when he blocked me I assumed that was it and to progress further I had to beat the Sages. Fortunately I gave him a further crack .
I see, I never took in consideration players wouldn't talk to him (especially because in Beta 2, you couldn't access Milky Village yet and therefore, you'd have to go talking to that guard sooner or later). Did you possibly talk to his wife in Milky Village before him? She tells you he has forgotten his Key at home once again if talked-to before the gate guard which somewhat explains you've to go to talk to that person.

What I could do with this though would be making it so that by talking to his wife before him, she lets you take care of the Key and deliver it to her husband at the gate. I probably thought about this already when making the script but dropped the idea as it would be weird if she randomly trusts you and gives the Key away (because currently her husband calls her first that you're going to get the Key from her). I'll probably implement it in Beta 3.1.

Quote:
Another would be the Pokemon levels in routes, some were way to weak in regards to the Gym in the next town. For instance I think I was fighting the guy who had the level thirties, and then level forties in the second battle, yet the route next to him had a max level of 18, and an average of I think 12-14. And the Pokemon in the game were below level 10 for way to long during the journey.

Also, have you thought of flipping the wild Pokemon system completely over? It's something I haven't seen done in terms of making Pokemon that are more common, rare, and having the rarer Pokemon more common. This would completely alter the normal feel and really mix up gameplay. For instance, having Pokemon like Magikarp very hard to find, yet Pokemon such as Heracross or even fossil Pokemon easy to find if you get what I mean. It would add a lot of diversity in certain areas.
The levels of the pokemon that trainers use have been decreased a lot since Beta 3.0 release. I'm actually planning to have Beta 3.1 up really soon (maybe next week, I "promised" it to be up already but have been busy doing other stuff than hacking) which mostly drops down the levels that trainers use but adds also some additional stuff like bug fixes, some new battle sprites, ow sprites for Team Darkness goons etc.

I don't think I'll do anything about the wild pokemon system now that I've edited wild pokemon for so many areas already. Editing wild pokemon is something I don't like doing because it isn't hacking at all and I wouldn't be making this hack if I didn't get the enjoyment out of figuring out how to do stuff. Besides, all (expect for one) pokemon will be available in the final release and I've pretty much planned where they will be found as well.

Quote:
But nonetheless, very enjoyable and difficult at times I look forward to playing the complete game. Great job.

GSC ftw
Thanks

Hacks I support

Last edited by miksy91; June 24th, 2012 at 12:45 AM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links