The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 9th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
Maybe the city is Lacunosa or whatever that town is that everyone goes inside at night.
Old June 9th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Hikamaru
a.k.a. nichole
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Yeah, I'm guessing Lacunosa is frozen over.
Old June 11th, 2012, 09:15 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Considering that they haven't revealed all of Unova's map unlike they did with BW around this time my guess is that the region really is frozen over...either that or GF is trying to avoid spoilers.
Old June 11th, 2012, 09:23 AM
MrGriszell
Madara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Considering that they haven't revealed all of Unova's map unlike they did with BW around this time my guess is that the region really is frozen over...either that or GF is trying to avoid spoilers.
I think GF is trying to avoid spoilers. And the fact that it comes out in 2 weeks and we dont have a great amount of info yet shows how good a job there doing.
( of course that may be spoiled with corocoro leaks this week)
Old June 11th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Community Supporter

Well when you combine the animated trailer having ice with the fact that the whole region's map has yet to be revealed makes it seem as if the ice is really there though. Hmm, I wish the wording they used for the map wasn't so easy to bend one way or the other.
Old June 11th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Well when you combine the animated trailer having ice with the fact that the whole region's map has yet to be revealed makes it seem as if the ice is really there though. Hmm, I wish the wording they used for the map wasn't so easy to bend one way or the other.
Pokejungle took it down already, but they posted that just "one" city is frozen, not the entire map. Considering that Shizui is going to be in Undella as he was shown to be on the eastern coast of Unova in Best Wishes two preview and that his location does meet a lot of local location based on the images we received, then Undella most likely isn't frozen, the changes to it were just hidden to prevent spoilers.
Old June 11th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Community Supporter

If Pokejungle took it down then most likely it was a rumor...though you have a point with Shizui's city, unless it's after the Kyurem event.
Old June 11th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Khrysta

That would pretty much make Shizui the last Gym then seeing as the last major event usually happens right before the final Gym with the traditional games.

There was a rumor that you meet Kyurem in the same place as the original B/W game too so that would mean that you'd have to be able to go through the Ice Barrier to get to Lancousa Town if true.
Old June 11th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Community Supporter

Hmm, well they show Ghetsis with Kyurem so that's either a false rumor or Kyurem allows us near it (like in BW when it teleported the player to it's location) and Ghetsis captures it.
Old June 11th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Khrysta

Or you meet it near Lancousa town like that cave you find it in originally and the region isn't frozen.
Old June 11th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Community Supporter

They show part of the region frozen in the trailer though...uh so confusing...
Old June 11th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Khrysta

They only show one city frozen, which the rumor said that there was only one city frozen. That could be before or after the meeting with Ghetsis and Kyurem.
Old June 16th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Community Supporter

I think there's more than one town, proably the three with replaced gym leaders and Nuvema town are also going to be frozen. The one in the trailer is proably one or those four.
Old June 16th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Khrysta

Quote:
I think there's more than one town, proably the three with replaced gym leaders and Nuvema town are also going to be frozen. The one in the trailer is proably one or those four.
We know Cheren and Homika don't replace the older Gyms as they are in the cities before you get back onto old Unova. Shizui's gym is in some tropical beach looking area which is only around Undella, so Nacrene, Striaton, and Iccurus don't have new Gyms.
Old June 16th, 2012, 08:44 AM
rocky505
<Now who's awesome!

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
We know Cheren and Homika don't replace the older Gyms as they are in the cities before you get back onto old Unova. Shizui's gym is in some tropical beach looking area which is only around Undella, so Nacrene, Striaton, and Iccurus don't have new Gyms.
Now they'll just be a restaurant, a museum and some random cave(which seems to be closed off if you look hard enough in the area on the map)
Old June 16th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Community Supporter

Quote:
I didn't mean replace them in the old cities but replace them within new cities because the old ones were frozen over...
Old June 16th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Khrysta

Quote:

I didn't mean replace them in the old cities but replace them within new cities because the old ones were frozen over...
There was only 1 city that's frozen though. Only one in the trailer and from the rumor source that has been pretty much leading all of the current released.

We'll have to wait 7 more days to find out if any cities are even frozen, but as far as I know and have seen there is only 1 frozen city.
Old June 16th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Community Supporter

Well there was the irk with the BW Kami's not being able to change in B2W2 which was later proven wrong. I guess you're right though, we will know in weeks time. The ice will hopefully melt if there is any later.
Old June 19th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Khrysta

Well, they released an In-Game map in the newest Magazine from Japan

The Pink stuff was me highlighting some of the new changes in B2W2.

First thing I wanna point out is the two Pink Circles connected by the Pink line. On the actual map, those circles are connected by a faint dotted line. For me that is one of the possible locations for that under water tunnel. The other possible location is the Pink circle near Undella where the Route line goes out into the ocean.

The Mountain with the Airplane from the large map is a selectable location as well. I have no idea what's going to be there. There is a small spot that looks like its in the mountains...I'm thinking that's a new E4 Route and Castle. I dunno why I think that but it just seems like that to me.

Do want to point out the lack of Ice which I believe confirms that the region isn't frozen (except for Chargestone Cave and Mistralon Cave cause they still look bluer in the game map)

Also just noticed there is another dotted line that goes from Driftvell to Iccirus. Those dotted lines can very well be underground routes.

I am curious as to what happened to Abyssal Ruins now seeing as the new Route over the water is right over where the Ruins should have been and I don't see a green blip to signify a dungeon/cave thing for it.
Old June 19th, 2012, 10:40 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:

The Pink stuff was me highlighting some of the new changes in B2W2.

First thing I wanna point out is the two Pink Circles connected by the Pink line. On the actual map, those circles are connected by a faint dotted line. For me that is one of the possible locations for that under water tunnel. The other possible location is the Pink circle near Undella where the Route line goes out into the ocean.

The Mountain with the Airplane from the large map is a selectable location as well. I have no idea what's going to be there. There is a small spot that looks like its in the mountains...I'm thinking that's a new E4 Route and Castle. I dunno why I think that but it just seems like that to me.

Do want to point out the lack of Ice which I believe confirms that the region isn't frozen (except for Chargestone Cave and Mistralon Cave cause they still look bluer in the game map)

Also just noticed there is another dotted line that goes from Driftvell to Iccirus. Those dotted lines can very well be underground routes.

I am curious as to what happened to Abyssal Ruins now seeing as the new Route over the water is right over where the Ruins should have been and I don't see a green blip to signify a dungeon/cave thing for it.
Maybe the ruins are still there but the only way to access it is to mine down? I dunno, but there might be another way to get to the ruins, even through an underwater tunnel.

Also I like the idea of that being the new e4. Sounds p awesome of a location @ mountain.
Old June 19th, 2012, 10:50 PM
TheChaosBlue
Jump On Box For a Free Life!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to TheChaosBlue
Quote:

I agree; and it'll make sense to have the E4 and Pokemon League there anyway. Looks like the beginning play-through has you go through Opelucid City for the apparent 8th badge, then through Lacunosa and Undella, then those new routes. Essentially...the path to the Pokemon League Championship is longer. Yet, I feel something more important happens in Lacunosa Town now.....
Old June 19th, 2012, 11:38 PM
Forever
let it go

Ooh just saw about taking a boat to Castelia. Very disappointing, I wanted to use the underwater tunnel, weird uh, this is about the region as a whole now, right...?
Old June 20th, 2012, 12:35 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requility View Post
Ooh just saw about taking a boat to Castelia. Very disappointing, I wanted to use the underwater tunnel, weird uh, this is about the region as a whole now, right...?
[strike]oui, thisthread started about the ice and then QUICKLY changed to the region as a whole[/strike]

This map is weeeeiiiiiiird. Like legit, yo. Cool! But omg this navigation is ridiculous. This is gonna be straight up crazy, yo.
I am glad to see a lot of noticeable route chains when it comes to previous locations, though, especially over by Undella Bay.

Let the little fairy in you fly!
Old June 20th, 2012, 04:31 AM
Aquarius1997
The Horoscopical Master

Nature: Quirky
The Dengenki scans has released the full Unova map

The map is NOT frozen over (YEAH) and it has some new areas

(One of PCs members Xander0 had a enlarged version if someone can get it that would be welcome)

DISCUSS!!!!!!!

The Aquarius loves a party. Anytime, anywhere is their motto. It is not unlikely that an Aquarius will consider a wake a good place to meet chicks. Aquarians love to be naked. It is even better if they are naked and crocked. Froot Loops is a very Aquarian cereal. So is Rice Krispies, since it will engage in a friendly chat with the Aquarian as he or she is eating breakfast. Count Chocula is off-limits, however. It belongs to the Scorpios. Aquarians use the phrase "Dude, man..." frequently when describing philosophical concepts. Aquarians have out-of-body experiences on a daily basis. If you are talking to an Aquarian and he or she zones out, consider the conversation hopeless. He or she is talking to the guy three feet away from you. Aquarians are fun because they channel people. Plus, if you tell them to, they will run around naked. Aquarians like astronomy because they've been to all those places. If you want to know what the food is like on Saturn, ask an Aquarius. Aquarians can allow themselves every possible vice on the planet, and don't think twice about it. That is why they piss everyone else off. They are cosmically entitled to do this.
Old June 20th, 2012, 04:37 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
It looks... interesting? Although I prefer to the one with the frozen areas because it's more detailed. Basically I like the official map, not the in-game one. At least it tells us how many new towns & areas there are.

Sponsored Links