The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #151    
Old June 9th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Zayphora's Avatar
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Somewhere beyond the Veil
Gender: Female
Nature: Sassy
Maybe the city is Lacunosa or whatever that town is that everyone goes inside at night.
__________________
  #152    
Old June 9th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Hikamaru's Avatar
Hikamaru
a.k.a. nichole
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky
Yeah, I'm guessing Lacunosa is frozen over.
__________________
  #153    
Old June 11th, 2012, 09:15 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West Coast
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Considering that they haven't revealed all of Unova's map unlike they did with BW around this time my guess is that the region really is frozen over...either that or GF is trying to avoid spoilers.
__________________
Team Treecko
  #154    
Old June 11th, 2012, 09:23 AM
MrGriszell's Avatar
MrGriszell
Madara
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Considering that they haven't revealed all of Unova's map unlike they did with BW around this time my guess is that the region really is frozen over...either that or GF is trying to avoid spoilers.
I think GF is trying to avoid spoilers. And the fact that it comes out in 2 weeks and we dont have a great amount of info yet shows how good a job there doing.
( of course that may be spoiled with corocoro leaks this week)
  #155    
Old June 11th, 2012, 10:42 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West Coast
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Well when you combine the animated trailer having ice with the fact that the whole region's map has yet to be revealed makes it seem as if the ice is really there though. Hmm, I wish the wording they used for the map wasn't so easy to bend one way or the other.
__________________
Team Treecko
  #156    
Old June 11th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Khrysta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender:
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Well when you combine the animated trailer having ice with the fact that the whole region's map has yet to be revealed makes it seem as if the ice is really there though. Hmm, I wish the wording they used for the map wasn't so easy to bend one way or the other.
Pokejungle took it down already, but they posted that just "one" city is frozen, not the entire map. Considering that Shizui is going to be in Undella as he was shown to be on the eastern coast of Unova in Best Wishes two preview and that his location does meet a lot of local location based on the images we received, then Undella most likely isn't frozen, the changes to it were just hidden to prevent spoilers.
  #157    
Old June 11th, 2012, 12:41 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West Coast
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
If Pokejungle took it down then most likely it was a rumor...though you have a point with Shizui's city, unless it's after the Kyurem event.
__________________
Team Treecko
  #158    
Old June 11th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Khrysta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender:
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
That would pretty much make Shizui the last Gym then seeing as the last major event usually happens right before the final Gym with the traditional games.

There was a rumor that you meet Kyurem in the same place as the original B/W game too so that would mean that you'd have to be able to go through the Ice Barrier to get to Lancousa Town if true.
  #159    
Old June 11th, 2012, 02:55 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West Coast
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Hmm, well they show Ghetsis with Kyurem so that's either a false rumor or Kyurem allows us near it (like in BW when it teleported the player to it's location) and Ghetsis captures it.
__________________
Team Treecko
  #160    
Old June 11th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Khrysta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender:
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Or you meet it near Lancousa town like that cave you find it in originally and the region isn't frozen.
  #161    
Old June 11th, 2012, 03:44 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West Coast
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
They show part of the region frozen in the trailer though...uh so confusing...
__________________
Team Treecko
  #162    
Old June 11th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Khrysta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender:
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
They only show one city frozen, which the rumor said that there was only one city frozen. That could be before or after the meeting with Ghetsis and Kyurem.
  #163    
Old June 16th, 2012, 07:44 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West Coast
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
I think there's more than one town, proably the three with replaced gym leaders and Nuvema town are also going to be frozen. The one in the trailer is proably one or those four.
__________________
Team Treecko
  #164    
Old June 16th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Khrysta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender:
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I think there's more than one town, proably the three with replaced gym leaders and Nuvema town are also going to be frozen. The one in the trailer is proably one or those four.
We know Cheren and Homika don't replace the older Gyms as they are in the cities before you get back onto old Unova. Shizui's gym is in some tropical beach looking area which is only around Undella, so Nacrene, Striaton, and Iccurus don't have new Gyms.
  #165    
Old June 16th, 2012, 08:44 AM
rocky505's Avatar
rocky505
<Now who's awesome!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Parrish, AL
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
We know Cheren and Homika don't replace the older Gyms as they are in the cities before you get back onto old Unova. Shizui's gym is in some tropical beach looking area which is only around Undella, so Nacrene, Striaton, and Iccurus don't have new Gyms.
Now they'll just be a restaurant, a museum and some random cave(which seems to be closed off if you look hard enough in the area on the map)
__________________
3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794
  #166    
Old June 16th, 2012, 11:26 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West Coast
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
We know Cheren and Homika don't replace the older Gyms as they are in the cities before you get back onto old Unova. Shizui's gym is in some tropical beach looking area which is only around Undella, so Nacrene, Striaton, and Iccurus don't have new Gyms.
I didn't mean replace them in the old cities but replace them within new cities because the old ones were frozen over...
__________________
Team Treecko
  #167    
Old June 16th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Khrysta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender:
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post


I didn't mean replace them in the old cities but replace them within new cities because the old ones were frozen over...
There was only 1 city that's frozen though. Only one in the trailer and from the rumor source that has been pretty much leading all of the current released.

We'll have to wait 7 more days to find out if any cities are even frozen, but as far as I know and have seen there is only 1 frozen city.
  #168    
Old June 16th, 2012, 12:40 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West Coast
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Well there was the irk with the BW Kami's not being able to change in B2W2 which was later proven wrong. I guess you're right though, we will know in weeks time. The ice will hopefully melt if there is any later.
__________________
Team Treecko
  #169    
Old June 19th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Khrysta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender:
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Well, they released an In-Game map in the newest Magazine from Japan



The Pink stuff was me highlighting some of the new changes in B2W2.

First thing I wanna point out is the two Pink Circles connected by the Pink line. On the actual map, those circles are connected by a faint dotted line. For me that is one of the possible locations for that under water tunnel. The other possible location is the Pink circle near Undella where the Route line goes out into the ocean.

The Mountain with the Airplane from the large map is a selectable location as well. I have no idea what's going to be there. There is a small spot that looks like its in the mountains...I'm thinking that's a new E4 Route and Castle. I dunno why I think that but it just seems like that to me.

Do want to point out the lack of Ice which I believe confirms that the region isn't frozen (except for Chargestone Cave and Mistralon Cave cause they still look bluer in the game map)

Also just noticed there is another dotted line that goes from Driftvell to Iccirus. Those dotted lines can very well be underground routes.

I am curious as to what happened to Abyssal Ruins now seeing as the new Route over the water is right over where the Ruins should have been and I don't see a green blip to signify a dungeon/cave thing for it.
  #170    
Old June 19th, 2012, 10:40 PM
Forever's Avatar
Forever
let it go
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: http://goo.my/server
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Well, they released an In-Game map in the newest Magazine from Japan

The Pink stuff was me highlighting some of the new changes in B2W2.

First thing I wanna point out is the two Pink Circles connected by the Pink line. On the actual map, those circles are connected by a faint dotted line. For me that is one of the possible locations for that under water tunnel. The other possible location is the Pink circle near Undella where the Route line goes out into the ocean.

The Mountain with the Airplane from the large map is a selectable location as well. I have no idea what's going to be there. There is a small spot that looks like its in the mountains...I'm thinking that's a new E4 Route and Castle. I dunno why I think that but it just seems like that to me.

Do want to point out the lack of Ice which I believe confirms that the region isn't frozen (except for Chargestone Cave and Mistralon Cave cause they still look bluer in the game map)

Also just noticed there is another dotted line that goes from Driftvell to Iccirus. Those dotted lines can very well be underground routes.

I am curious as to what happened to Abyssal Ruins now seeing as the new Route over the water is right over where the Ruins should have been and I don't see a green blip to signify a dungeon/cave thing for it.
Maybe the ruins are still there but the only way to access it is to mine down? I dunno, but there might be another way to get to the ruins, even through an underwater tunnel.

Also I like the idea of that being the new e4. Sounds p awesome of a location @ mountain.
__________________
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
  #171    
Old June 19th, 2012, 10:50 PM
TheChaosBlue's Avatar
TheChaosBlue
Jump On Box For a Free Life!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York City, USA
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to TheChaosBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Well, they released an In-Game map in the newest Magazine from Japan


The Mountain with the Airplane from the large map is a selectable location as well. I have no idea what's going to be there. There is a small spot that looks like its in the mountains...I'm thinking that's a new E4 Route and Castle. I dunno why I think that but it just seems like that to me.
I agree; and it'll make sense to have the E4 and Pokemon League there anyway. Looks like the beginning play-through has you go through Opelucid City for the apparent 8th badge, then through Lacunosa and Undella, then those new routes. Essentially...the path to the Pokemon League Championship is longer. Yet, I feel something more important happens in Lacunosa Town now.....
__________________
  #172    
Old June 19th, 2012, 11:38 PM
Forever's Avatar
Forever
let it go
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: http://goo.my/server
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Ooh just saw about taking a boat to Castelia. Very disappointing, I wanted to use the underwater tunnel, weird uh, this is about the region as a whole now, right...?
__________________
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
  #173    
Old June 20th, 2012, 12:35 AM
Jellicent♀'s Avatar
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Laverre City
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requility View Post
Ooh just saw about taking a boat to Castelia. Very disappointing, I wanted to use the underwater tunnel, weird uh, this is about the region as a whole now, right...?
[strike]oui, thisthread started about the ice and then QUICKLY changed to the region as a whole[/strike]

This map is weeeeiiiiiiird. Like legit, yo. Cool! But omg this navigation is ridiculous. This is gonna be straight up crazy, yo.
I am glad to see a lot of noticeable route chains when it comes to previous locations, though, especially over by Undella Bay.
__________________

Let the little fairy in you fly!
  #174    
Old June 20th, 2012, 04:31 AM
Aquarius1997's Avatar
Aquarius1997
The Horoscopical Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: In your dreams with my wife Rihanna
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
The Dengenki scans has released the full Unova map



The map is NOT frozen over (YEAH) and it has some new areas

(One of PCs members Xander0 had a enlarged version if someone can get it that would be welcome)

DISCUSS!!!!!!!
__________________
.
ONLY ME HA!!!

The Aquarius loves a party. Anytime, anywhere is their motto. It is not unlikely that an Aquarius will consider a wake a good place to meet chicks. Aquarians love to be naked. It is even better if they are naked and crocked. Froot Loops is a very Aquarian cereal. So is Rice Krispies, since it will engage in a friendly chat with the Aquarian as he or she is eating breakfast. Count Chocula is off-limits, however. It belongs to the Scorpios. Aquarians use the phrase "Dude, man..." frequently when describing philosophical concepts. Aquarians have out-of-body experiences on a daily basis. If you are talking to an Aquarian and he or she zones out, consider the conversation hopeless. He or she is talking to the guy three feet away from you. Aquarians are fun because they channel people. Plus, if you tell them to, they will run around naked. Aquarians like astronomy because they've been to all those places. If you want to know what the food is like on Saturn, ask an Aquarius. Aquarians can allow themselves every possible vice on the planet, and don't think twice about it. That is why they piss everyone else off. They are cosmically entitled to do this.
  #175    
Old June 20th, 2012, 04:37 AM
Perrie ✿'s Avatar
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: England
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
It looks... interesting? Although I prefer to the one with the frozen areas because it's more detailed. Basically I like the official map, not the in-game one. At least it tells us how many new towns & areas there are.
__________________
1349 6159 4149
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 07:44 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.