• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years
Did everyone else go with you? XD Or is it the wonder that is RL that is kidnapping people?

That reminds me when I used to RP on a busy forum and anything involving kidnapping was banned (I think because some people went a little too far with the abuse). There were other things that were banned but people used the board in order to look for 'more mature' role play(er)s. Do you think having a universal rating for a board is better than having multiple ratings for different threads?

I like the latter option, as it gives me more freedom if I want to have darker scenarios/ back stories for characters, but I can see why the universal rating works (eg. if the people who role play there aren't into mature topics or if they're fairly young in comparison to the nature of the content). Certain role plays might not even need to be mature, but I still stand by my first point.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Hey my new rp is accepting characters. So if you like a brand new region.
Spoiler:

and journey Rp's. then sign up for.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I don't think I announced it but I'm back in full swing, free from assignments with like, 6 weeks holiday.

Yeah. This is gonna be great. Hopefully I'll have more time to 'post' more but i just bought diablo and... well... you know...

And because of my stupid amounts of free time, I might join other roleplays! yay!

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Okay, so some of you might remember that I was talking about a Journey/Mission RP set in the Orre region. Well, I think that I've decided to go on the "Team Snagem .vs. Cipher"-path. The plot would basically be "Conquer Orre before the other team!".

Since it would begin with both teams trying to get back up on their feet, the players would have to collect resources and various other shenanigans. They will recieve missions, and that's where I thought of doing something... Different? Honestly, I don't know if it's different at all, but I thought of making one of the players a captain of their respective team. Then, the captain would recieve orders, "missions", from me. Kinda like an RP that was made by darkpokeball some time back. However, I would give the missions to the captains via PMs. Because it revolves around beating the other team to taking controlling of Orre, the other team can't exactly find out what you're up to, right?

What do you think of that idea, humble people of the RP Corner?

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2012
Okay, so some of you might remember that I was talking about a Journey/Mission RP set in the Orre region. Well, I think that I've decided to go on the "Team Snagem .vs. Cipher"-path. The plot would basically be "Conquer Orre before the other team!".

Since it would begin with both teams trying to get back up on their feet, the players would have to collect resources and various other shenanigans. They will recieve missions, and that's where I thought of doing something... Different? Honestly, I don't know if it's different at all, but I thought of making one of the players a captain of their respective team. Then, the captain would recieve orders, "missions", from me. Kinda like an RP that was made by darkpokeball some time back. However, I would give the missions to the captains via PMs. Because it revolves around beating the other team to taking controlling of Orre, the other team can't exactly find out what you're up to, right?

What do you think of that idea, humble people of the RP Corner?

Well, i guess I'm a little new to be called "a person of the RP Corner" but regardless, I like the idea. I have no idea about the Orre Region, but I like the concept of faction vs. faction. Just my two cents.

Also, hello peoples, I am Carbonite, and I'm new here and I want to start roleplaying.

Also, a question, is there a certain amount of posts you need before you can make your own RP? Just asking, I couldn't find anything in the rules section but I'm wondering if there is a policy, or at least an unwritten code.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
And because of my stupid amounts of free time, I might join other roleplays! yay!

Sacred Fire, Divine Water!!

Yay!!

*ahem* You should totally join my Roleplay, Skymin.

_____

Speaking of which, there are spots available!

4 Spots for Sacred Fire,
3 Spots for Divine Water.

Reserves are nothing now, sign-ups are first-come, first-serve. Get a spot while there's space!

Last edited:

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
Ever the advocate of journey roleplays I'm preparing my comeback to the roleplay forum with a whole new region to explore. It's the first time I've created a region from scratch to bring to life and I hope I'll be successful.

I'm quite busy mapping out my region but I can tell you it'll be based up Greece/Rome and its rich culture in Pokémon form! Being a classics nut this was the obvious thing for me to do haha. I'm really trying to bring about a mixture of old and new cultures and a bit of conflict that arises when they meet.

So yeah, I figured I'd announce my intentions here so I might get some feedback. Is a roleplay as such wanted at the moment? Is the idea of an old European continent welcome? Please tell me what you think!

Last edited:

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
I think it will be popular. I just created my own region and spots filled up within two days. and I agree mapping my region took several hours.

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
Years
Ever the advocate of journey roleplays I'm preparing my comeback to the roleplay forum with a whole new region to explore. It's the first time I've created a region from scratch to bring to life and I hope I'll be successful.

I'm quite busy mapping out my region but I can tell you it'll be based up Greece/Rome and its rich culture in Pokémon form! Being a classics nut this was the obvious thing for me to do haha. I'm really trying to bring about a mixture of old and new cultures and a bit of conflict that arises when they meet.

So yeah, I figured I'd announce my intentions here so I might get some feedback. Is a roleplay as such wanted at the moment? Is the idea of an old European continent welcome? Please tell me what you think!

The idea is good. The thing that will decide the outcome of your RP is the plot, but from what i know you, you'll have no problem with storming an outstanding roleplay.

PS: PM me when it's done! I may join.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Mmm, I too, am making a journey RP based off my own created region. :3

I was thinking sort of a ancient Indian-esque sort of region, where people believed in goddesses and spirits, etc. Where they are also divided into tribes. Mmm, I'm still working on the main plot and the mechanics, but yeah.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
Mmm, I too, am making a journey RP based off my own created region. :3

I was thinking sort of a ancient Indian-esque sort of region, where people believed in goddesses and spirits, etc. Where they are also divided into tribes. Mmm, I'm still working on the main plot and the mechanics, but yeah.

Oh are you now? I'll look forward to seeing it, you mean the American brand of Indians right? (Columbus did make things confusing for us haha) Either way would be incredibly interesting, I'd like to hear more C:

The idea is good. The thing that will decide the outcome of your RP is the plot, but from what i know you, you'll have no problem with storming an outstanding roleplay.

PS: PM me when it's done! I may join.

Oh I will! I really liked you in a Fresh Start so I hope you'll join me again. I'm still sad that one fell apart, which was also my own fault, I got caught up with how much work creating a comic is. That's done now though and I've got my time back!

As for plots, I've never seen myself as very good at creating plots, settings are usually my medium, but we'll see.

Pkmn Trainer Butthead

Proto (Not the *****)
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Darn it, you guys beat me to it. I was going to make a Journey RP, hadn't decided if it was a existing region or a custom one, but I'll join one of yours instead, although I'll keep the Journey idea in my brain, just in case.

@ Mr.Mammoth: Yes, yes they are.

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
I actually submitted a new roleplay that's a Journey RP. Brand new region and everything - still graphing it out, but it's called the Hibernia region. Only four spots will be available, but sadly I don't want to give the plot out, or what you'll be able to see in the RP, too far ahead. :P

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
I'm in so many roleplays it's not even funny. X3 It's a shame, as I'd probably love to join a new one or two, perhaps one of these fabled journies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I think three roleplays is enough for me right now. I am doing enough activities/stuff here at PC and that includes modding my section. xD I'm trying to control my "addiction" by not joining another. xD

But all these ideas in this thread... *drool*

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Click this button NAO!!

5 Spots for Sacred Fire,
3 Spots for Divine Water.

If you let me know (click the button to go to the OOC) that you're working on a sign-up, you'll get a *temporary* reserve. This means you have a few days to work on a sign-up before your spot is open for another. I do this because, well, there were lots of players in my past RPs that, well, never posted. Or people that reserve sign-ups and then never respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back