• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Clubs Ideas and Discussions

droomph

weeb
Years
Also are you really making a culinary club Droomph? One where people can share their recipes and teach me how to cook super yummy food from ALL OVER THE WORLD!? That'd be fantastic.. and I hope it works xD
I hope it works too ^^

Ahhh

Yes. What Shining said. It's funnnnnnn to make lists. Here, looky looky, the RH section. Based off of the idea of "lists are fun!"

:D

I don't have a problem with them "can I join?" posts either because as long as you also include something to contribute to the discussion we're all one happy family :)

SchwarzRozen

Sugary Delight
Years

That seems to be really hot right now, and I do love the series.
I'm just a newb, so I dont want to host a club that'll fall because of my newbness xD

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years

That seems to be really hot right now, and I do love the series.
I'm just a newb, so I dont want to host a club that'll fall because of my newbness xD

Sadly I dont think this would really work as the last Avatar club (which just died) was pretty much stagnate the whole time and only got about 6 posts all up over a few months..
I suggest chatting about Avatar in the Culture and Media thread about is as that gets much more activity then the club did.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
I'm thinking of making an Animal Crossing club...do you think that'd work? I don't know. I used to belong to this Animal Crossing forum and a lot of the people on it liked Pokemon so I wonder if it's really just me that likes Animal Crossing here. Opinions? Oause I'm a noob and I don't want to make a noob fail club.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
If theres at least 3 or 4 people who are generally interested in the game and its lore etc I am sure that it could work! But you've got to be really careful with game clubs because the game has a finite ending etc.
Though there is a Video Game forum that a thread about Animal Crossing may also work in, this may be a better way of finding out if theres any interests in the forums.

mineox100

Hey.
Years
I had an idea of a digital art club... but I don't know how to run one, and if I do, it will probably be horrible. Do you guys like the idea? Maybe make the club for me? :D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Is a club for music too broad? I would like to have a place where people can discuss their favorite music and discover new music but I'm not sure if anyone else would be interested in a club like that. If just music is too broad, then maybe a specific genre of music club. Any suggestions are welcome. :)

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Is a club for music too broad? I would like to have a place where people can discuss their favorite music and discover new music but I'm not sure if anyone else would be interested in a club like that. If just music is too broad, then maybe a specific genre of music club. Any suggestions are welcome. :)

This is really to broad for this section, with a club for music being to broad and specific genre being to specific and thus probably not going to work here either.
I strongly suggest making a thread in Culture and Media to discuss music like this as its more suited there, rather than making a club here.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
This is really to broad for this section, with a club for music being to broad and specific genre being to specific and thus probably not going to work here either.
I strongly suggest making a thread in Culture and Media to discuss music like this as its more suited there, rather than making a club here.

That's what I thought but I wanted to be sure. Thanks for the advice. :)

droomph

weeb
Years
Is a linguistics club too broad? I think it would be nice for the language freaks on PC to have a place where they can talk about sounds and grammar. :D But I want to know if it's good to have one.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I think that might actually hit up on the narrow side, actually. But I also don't have too much interest in linguistics so maybe I just don't know what things you could talk about in it? I know I have some friends with a ridiculously intense interest in grammar but would there be enough to talk about to pick up some more casual fans? XD; Unless there's enough enthusiasm without drawing in people who have more of a passing interest, of course. :P

droomph

weeb
Years
Well, the things I've thought we could do:

- Hook people up with language teachers (after which they'll take it to PM/VMs of course)
- Have people create language (making or learning) tutorials
- Make languages and get some feedback on them
- Talk about the aspects of grammar and probably find something new and unusual for the real linguistic community probably

It's basically the Emulation forums but for linguistics.

But you're right people probably don't have that great an interest. But I do have the club first post all made and formatted and ready to go, sitting in my Notepad, if enough people think it's a great idea.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
The way you put it makes it seem way too broad indeed Droomph, it seems like it DOES need its own forum for that. I'm not against it but I dont think that it's going to work out that well.
It does really sound like a decent idea and fairly interesting but it just doesnt feel like it could work that well.. well at least not in this section.. but then again I personally don't have any interest in a club like this so I could be a bit bias.

droomph

weeb
Years
Yep, that's not gonna work.

Also, next question. Would a club for a specific artificial language (like Esperanto or Klingon) be a good idea? Every language has its culture (like Esperanto is about peace, Klingon is about war, and Lojban is about neutrality and logic) so I think it could work out fairly well. But then again, we don't want fifty clubs for unheard of languages like babm and Blissymbolics.

...So what do you think?

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Personally, again I think this may be a little to specific and I dont really see it generating all that much discussion as a club as it doesn't REALLY have much that there is to talk about other then people talking with each other in that language which could end up just as a spam fest. I just dont really think this is the kind of forum where clubs about language would work for anything other then getting your post count up, especially fictional langauges like Klingon.
Sorry.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Language clubs would be great imo. It'd be a great way for people to learn how to speak new languages, practice their language skills on a daily basis, talk to other people facing the same challenges they are, work together to improve the learning, share tips etc, and generally just have a lot of fun speaking a whole new language with a group of people that has helped them every step of the way. Plus there's also the cultural/origins side of the language to discuss too so I'm all for this idea. :3 Assuming it generated enough members/interest, this would be a wonderful idea for a club.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I think Alex is right; in theory, language clubs would be a great way for people to talk and learn languages and done right, it could really be something special. With made up languages like Esperanto or Klingon, they do have their own culture attached and the clubs could evolve beyond the language itself into other aspects of the fictional worlds from which they originate.

But truth be told, I don't think it will generate enough interest. I don't think there'd be enough interest in made up languages like Klingon Esperanto on a forum like PokeCommunity for it to be viable :(. If I'm honest, I think the only language club that people would keep alive would be a Japanese club... because everybody seems to be interested in all sorts of anime shows and other aspects of Japanese culture (which makes sense, given that it's a forum based on Pokemon, which is Japanese).

droomph

weeb
Years
And Alex is learning Japanese toooo ;)

But yeah, I guess...Japanese club sounds great! I can settle for that - though I would have rather seen a Korean or Russian club :\ though I understand your points.

Then there's the problem of it stealing activity from the JE forum - though this is discussing culture, JE also discusses Japanese culture...what do you think about that?

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Not sure if anyone suggested this, but what about a club for artists/art lover?
I know there's the Artist's Corner, but there isn't a place for artist/art fans to gather and just talk about art.

Another ideas I have is a club for DeviantArt users/fans of DeviantART. That maybe that's too specific for a club though.
I would be willing to start up both of these, just want to get an idea what you guys think.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Droomph I think its probably better suited to go into JE because its cultural but could also work here if there was enough interests and it was ran properly. I suggest talking to digi-kun about it first though.

AW I think thats a fairly good idea but it may take away activity from the Art Corner. It could work as a really good place for artists to get some solid discussion going about techniques they use and stuff like that.
Also I dont know if a deviantart club would work as it seems like just advertising that website and itd basically just become a portal for it with little dicussion being able to steam from it.

Last edited:
Back