The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 11th, 2012 (09:42 AM).
Akio123
Sadness forever...

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Akio123 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Akio123 Send a message via Yahoo to Akio123 Send a message via Skype™ to Akio123
Can I say it's sort of ironic that Palpi hasn't appeared in an episode in ages...and he shows up now just to get owned? I really hope the writers give him a development episode, because it' sort of sad that he is pretty cool and strong and sort of lacks all depth because the writers forget about him (Geez at least Tranquill and Swadloon got to evolve...poor Palpi is just sort of dead and alone in his pokeball or chills in the background when everyone is out of their pokeballs)...

Also, I have a theory has to why they chose Homika. Other than to promote BW2 (Next week!!!), there is the whole issue of Drayden has more to do with Iris than he does with Ash. I mean again he is part of her character development.
Old June 11th, 2012 (07:15 PM).
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
Palpitoad is definitely the most shafted pokemon in terms of screen time. And when he does get st its just as a battle bot. Aside from him being cranky at the lake before he was caught.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old June 11th, 2012 (10:31 PM).
Akio123
Sadness forever...

Send a message via AIM to Akio123 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Akio123 Send a message via Yahoo to Akio123 Send a message via Skype™ to Akio123
You think there is still a possibility for some development? I would love an episode where Ash and him bond.

Edit: Looking at Ash's team: Though I love Krokorok, Snivy, Boldor and can tolerate Oshawott (he's kind of jerk XD); I honestly think his 6 for Homika would have been a great 6 if that's all he caught. Nice, balanced, pretty strong and...well the writers wouldn't have to try to juggle with just six (look at Houen).
Old June 12th, 2012 (12:37 PM).
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
I feel Palpitoad will just be battle bot, which is also the feeling I get from Boldore. His team with Pikachu, Krokorok, 3 starters, Scraggy seems to be the main rotation. His 4 Subs seem pretty viable options but they won't get much development I think.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old June 12th, 2012 (12:56 PM).
Akio123
Sadness forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin5 View Post
I feel Palpitoad will just be battle bot, which is also the feeling I get from Boldore. His team with Pikachu, Krokorok, 3 starters, Scraggy seems to be the main rotation. His 4 Subs seem pretty viable options but they won't get much development I think.
I mean at least he got an episode during his debut and the Clay episode where he starred. Remember Palpi was just like an offhanded capture in which Oshawott's fear of opening his eyes under water and saving the group was focus. Like remember Ash was just like "Oh hai thur strong Palpi!" *derpy pokeball throw* I mean it's really sad. I hope at the very least in the Shizui eppy MAYBE he'll get some development.
Old June 15th, 2012 (09:02 AM).
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

Well it was actually a good match...minus the unnecessary pokemon ash used like boldore, Unfezant, Palpitoad.
Old June 15th, 2012 (09:51 AM).
Akio123
Sadness forever...

I mean...Palpi is a ground type...I won't see why he was uneeded...though in the end...it was Pikachu who got the win fabulously while poisoned. Well...Meloetta and Dawn next week XD
Old July 2nd, 2012 (10:26 AM).
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

OK, I haven't watched in ages. In general, I did find the battle really interesting, but I found I had too many problems, mostly with Homika being way overpowered. Especially that Koffing >_> I suppose they just want to give a good show for BW2 characters. Yay for anime physics with it being able to topple over Boldore. Palpitoad went out way too quickly. Pikachu really should've used Thunderbolt while [the dustbin Pokemon] was holding it. They had an interesting way of showing poison, but it is a kiddies show, so, heh. I thought toxic killed off Ash's Pokemon way too quickly. I know that the effects gradually get worse, but still. I enjoyed Homika's character, but I was expecting her to be 17/18 not 10 o___O I don't like the freckles.
Old July 3rd, 2012 (02:06 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I believe Homi-chan is 13, not 10 :D
And I must say I was expecting her to be young :D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 3rd, 2012 (04:33 AM).
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Hahaha, perhaps I'm bad at telling people's age then XD
Old August 26th, 2012 (09:14 AM).
Riptobazooka
Unhatched Egg

Hope the ending will say Next Time A New Beginning!... because I just heard from Bulbanews about that the episode after that is still Rival Destinies! If it did not change, It's just crazy!
Old August 26th, 2012 (09:48 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptobazooka View Post
Hope the ending will say Next Time A New Beginning!... because I just heard from Bulbanews about that the episode after that is still Rival Destinies! If it did not change, It's just crazy!
Of course it was said in Japanese version. What will be said in USA version is irrelevant.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links