The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 22nd, 2012, 01:59 PM
Rayquaza.
Lead Dev in Pokémon Chaos

Nature: Adamant
A video would be helpful but it's so simple it's not really worth the effort. (No offence intended mineox100.)
Old April 22nd, 2012, 02:13 PM
mineox100
Hey.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to mineox100 Send a message via Skype™ to mineox100
That's OK. I have a bunch of free time to do stuff. Let's not go off topic...
Old April 23rd, 2012, 10:53 AM
Aénex
Instinct

Nature: Relaxed
Except I'm using Windows Vista and I see nothing including the word Install(regardless of what it is).

Old April 23rd, 2012, 12:03 PM
Rayquaza.

Have you tried right-clicking the font files to see if there is an install option?
Old April 23rd, 2012, 12:30 PM
Aénex
Instinct

There isn't an Instsall option. There is, however, an Extract All option. Any use in this situation?

Old April 23rd, 2012, 12:33 PM
Rayquaza.

Not sure, try the extract option.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 12:41 PM
Aénex
Instinct

No, that just extracts the whole Pokémon Emerald Legend file.

Old April 23rd, 2012, 04:06 PM
InMooseWeTrust
Jack of All Trades

Nature: Careful
Send a message via ICQ to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via AIM to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Yahoo to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Skype™ to InMooseWeTrust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aénex View Post
Except I'm using Windows Vista and I see nothing including the word Install(regardless of what it is).
Windows Vista is pure evil when it comes to these things. That's why I skipped and went right from XP to 7. Have you tried extracting the EXE by clicking "Run as administrator" and in compatibility settings, reducing it to Windows XP?
Old April 24th, 2012, 07:43 AM
Aénex
Instinct

Quote:
Originally Posted by InMooseWeTrust View Post
Windows Vista is pure evil when it comes to these things. That's why I skipped and went right from XP to 7. Have you tried extracting the EXE by clicking "Run as administrator" and in compatibility settings, reducing it to Windows XP?
What is EXE, and how do I reduce to XP?

Old April 25th, 2012, 04:13 AM
mineox100
Hey.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to mineox100 Send a message via Skype™ to mineox100
Aenex, try asking the people in the Technology forum, they can help you out! :D
Old May 19th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Rayquaza.

Hi guys back again with news of a bug that I found pretty early during the course of the game. If you have a problem with the team magma members in Mortar Forest there will be a bug fix for it soon. Also some screenshots will come out when I release this bug fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayquaza. View Post
Click to see updates.
That's right, finally there are new screenshots on this thread. There will be a demo bug fix in the next few days as well.

Last edited by Rayquaza.; May 23rd, 2012 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged
Old May 23rd, 2012, 11:21 AM
Rayquaza.

Hi guys. Back with the demo update: PokémonEMv1.1
The info page has been updated too.
Old May 27th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Firestorm.
AND I THREW IT ON THE GROUND!!

This game is becoming really legit now. I haven't been here for a while now but every time I log in to check on what's new I always find this game is near the top of the beginners showcase and a considerable amount of progress made from the last time I check. Who here thinks that this game should be in the showcase soon? Because I do. This game doesn't belong here anymore, it belongs in the showcase alongside Pokémon Phoenix rising and Pokémon garnet.
Good job Ray, keep up the effort.

Old May 28th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Rayquaza.

Thanks Firestorm., but I'll ask a MOD to move it or I will simply re-create this thread when I think it's ready to make the cut.

Thanks for all the support guys, I may not be around for a couple of weeks because of upcoming GCSE exams.
Old June 10th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Firestorm.

[SIZE="a"]Are there gonna be any new updates? This thread hasn't had any replies in it for a while now. New content would be so good.[/SIZE]

Old June 10th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Rayquaza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestorm. View Post
[SIZE="a"]Are there gonna be any new updates? This thread hasn't had any replies in it for a while now. New content would be so good.[/SIZE]
Firestorm., this is what? The 3rd time you have requested updates when there are none yet?
I have a GCSE exam tomorrow and another on the 15th (No idea why I'm even here, I should be revising, lol) so no new updates will appear until after that time. Though just to tell everyone that depending on public opinion I may update the tilesets to BW style.
Old June 10th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Firestorm.

[SIZE="a"]Oh, sorry ray, I forge half the time that I'm not supposed to do that, its just that this is one of the only fangames that i'm currently inerested in.[/SIZE]

Old June 10th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Rayquaza.

Well stop 'Forgetting' then. Your a good friend but that won't stop me reporting you if you do that again.
Anyway, work on E.M will resume next Saturday, if there are any updates they will most probably be on my site or my DA.
Old June 10th, 2012, 12:25 PM
khkramer

Keep the tiles this way, I personally hate BW tiles :L

Check out the MMORPG I'm developing:

• Trading • PvP • Co-Op
Old June 12th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Firestorm.

[SIZE="a"]I would go for either style. Personally I love BW style over HGSS. It all depends on what type of BW. (original, kyledove, etc)[/SIZE]

Old June 16th, 2012, 04:38 AM
Rayquaza.

Hi guys, guess what? I've finished all my modules! (For this year anyway...) So that means I can resume work of E.M for the next few weeks. Who knows, if I have more opinions on what type of tiles to use (either BW or HGSS) then I may be able to bring out a new demo! I just need your public opinion.
Old June 16th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Firestorm.

Well like I said, BW is the most up-to-date style. So thats what I think you should go with.

Old June 17th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Rayquaza.

Well, I'm back yet again with a screenshot of the 3 styles that have the potential to be used in E.M. Based on public opinion one of these 3 styles will become the overall style in this game.

Spoiler:
To see this on my DA, go here
Old June 20th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Rayquaza.

Hi guys. I'm back again with some new updates, firstly there is going to be a poll on my Da concerning the style of tiles to be used in my game, if you want to have a say in this then go here and leave a comment suggesting which of the 3 styles that you think I should use. Secondly I will be updating the first post with all the newest info, features and screenshots of the game.

Also here are the most up-to-date hero/heroine sprites(Please note that if I see these being redistributed anywhere or being used in anyone's fangame I will come down on you like a tonne of bricks!):
Spoiler:
Old June 20th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Firestorm.

[SIZE="a"]Omygodomygodomygod! I am in love with that logo on the first page! Did you do it? If so then you are a truely amazing pixel artist. Also the heroine looks so much better than the previous one, the rivial needs a bit of recolouring though. (light blue and bright red clash way too much) on the hole, this game is getting better with every update.[/SIZE]

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links