The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

View Poll Results: Do you like Pokemon World Tournament?
Yes! I love this new feature! 172 89.58%
No, I don't like this new feature! 2 1.04%
Maybe, I am not sure I like or don't like this new feature. 18 9.38%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 11th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Well original post for it in Coro Coro says Champions and Gym Leaders only. I would like to see the E4 come back, but I dunno. Seems like Gamefreak is honoring just the Gyms and Champs.
Old June 11th, 2012, 02:53 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Darn, had they done the E4 it would've been more like the anime. Maybe they can upgrade it to add E4 on a later date...
Old June 11th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Khrysta

Maybe, they could still release the E4. I mean like I said the original only said Champs and Leaders, though that's a translation. There are sometimes many ways to translate words and honestly I would love to battle some E4 members again.
Old June 11th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Community Supporter

Me too, it'll be nice to battle the old Kanto gym leaders who were replaced and the Hoenn E4 (before their remakes). I do wonder if they will have Pokemon native to their region though (Cynthia has all types so she has the most variety possible). If so Lance proably has Dragonite, Dragonite and Kingdra... unless they give him a dragon like Pokemon like Tyranitar like they did in the remakes.
Old June 11th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Raichupacabra
Villain

Nature: Hasty
Oh my god, I could picture the newer Pokemon fans wondering who the Hoenn gym leaders are. But this seems like the best idea that ever reached Pokemon.

Currently Playing: Pokemon X | 3DS Friend Code: 4313-1107-3365
(PM me with your Friend Code and tell me if you have added me)
Old June 11th, 2012, 10:12 PM
wombateiro
Trainer

@MRAS: Are you sure Lance had Tyranitar?

It's already shown that Giovanni has HG/SS overworld sprite. Because of that, I think his battle sprite will be also from HG/SS. They used gen 3 artwork because Giovanni doesn't have gen 4 artwork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raichupacabra View Post
Oh my god, I could picture the newer Pokemon fans wondering who the Hoenn gym leaders are. But this seems like the best idea that ever reached Pokemon.
Imagine newer fans seeing them later in R/S remakes: "Wait, I saw you at World Tournament, you're superstar!" lol.
Old June 12th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Community Supporter

^ I meant a dragon like Pokemon such as Tyranitar similar to how they gave him dragon like Pokemon in the remakes (Charzard) though come to think about it he has always had some dragon like Pokemon on his team...

Yeah the Hoenn gym leaders will be a surprise to people who started with Gen IV and V. I hope they early cameo their new designs.
Old June 12th, 2012, 12:30 PM
wombateiro
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
^ I meant a dragon like Pokemon such as Tyranitar similar to how they gave him dragon like Pokemon in the remakes (Charzard) though come to think about it he has always had some dragon like Pokemon on his team...
I misunderstood what you meant because your comment was incorrect. Lance didn't receive any "dragon like" Pokemon in remakes. He had Charizard already in original G/S/C. All Pokemon he received in remakes were real Dragon types (Salamence, Garchomp and Altaria).
Old June 12th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Kenmoor
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
I found something interesting from the creator of the hack "Pokemon Light Platinum"-http://wesleyfg.deviantart.com/art/Light-Platinum-Influences-305235790?q=gallery%3Awesleyfg%2F36700089&qo=0&offset=0#comments

I actually started in Gen. 3's Emerald (and afterwards LeafGreen came out so that's how I got to know Gen. 1), so i feel a bit insulted. It seems great to me that they're bringing beck the Gen. 3 people and not just Steven. I hope Wallace gets demoted to Gym Leader in the tournament. He shall not deface Gen. 3!

Either way I'm sure Lance's team will come out with good Dragon types regardless of what he had in previous games. A definite is his signature Dragonite. And whatever is in the scans that Cocorro (?) come out with.
Don't know if this post sticks to the thread... feel free to delete!
Old June 12th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombateiro View Post
I misunderstood what you meant because your comment was incorrect. Lance didn't receive any "dragon like" Pokemon in remakes. He had Charizard already in original G/S/C. All Pokemon he received in remakes were real Dragon types (Salamence, Garchomp and Altaria).
Gunna step in on this since this is my section to moderate. Please do not "Correct" people especially when you misread the posts. Technically no his comment was not incorrect as yes, Lance STILL had Draconic Pokemon on his team in both the original and Remakes although they could have given him actual Dragons to use. He still "received" Fake Dragons for his First team.

Please do not correct people when your own information is not 100% correct as well.
Old June 12th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Community Supporter

If Lance is to keep his signature Pokemon than Steven will proably have Metagross (I see it as his sig due to him having one in manga and giving you a beldum in RSE and trading one in HgSs), Cynthia will be with her Garchomp too proably.

Speaking of Wallace will Juan appear too... I'm guessing yes though that'll mean four water gym leaders to challenge compared to the three rock, I hope they diversify their teams.
Old June 12th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Luigi-San
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to Luigi-San Send a message via Skype™ to Luigi-San
Quote:
Speaking of Wallace will Juan appear too... I'm guessing yes though that'll mean four water gym leaders to challenge compared to the three rock, I hope they diversify their teams.
I would say that would depend on if they choose to have Wallace be a Champion or a Gym Leader.

Old June 12th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi-San View Post

I would say that would depend on if they choose to have Wallace be a Champion or a Gym Leader.
Steven is representing Hoenn as Champion. But if they are doing all games then Wallace can appear just like Blue does (Champion/Gym Leader)
Old June 12th, 2012, 01:35 PM
wombateiro
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi-San View Post

Only Steven was shown among other Champions. Wallace wasn't shown but if he will appear at World Tournament, it won't matter if he's treated as Gym Leader or Champion because all characters are said to be "Pokemon Trainers".

Last edited by Khrysta; June 12th, 2012 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Deleted Argument
Old June 12th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Community Supporter

It's interesting that they refer to them as Pokemon trainers, I wonder if they'll address their titles at any point like before they battle you. For example Cynthia could say "I'm the champion of Sinnoh...etc." or something like that.

Last edited by OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire; June 12th, 2012 at 01:58 PM.
Old June 12th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
It sure would take a while to actually defeat the World Tournament, we're talking around approximately 53 trainers.. I wonder what the prize is if any? Regardless I'm still loving that they included this, it's a great challenge.

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old June 12th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Kenmoor
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
It sure would take a while to actually defeat the World Tournament, we're talking around approximately 53 trainers.. I wonder what the prize is if any? Regardless I'm still loving that they included this, it's a great challenge.
Probably a new color for your trainer card... I don't know what I would do w/money if that was the prize. They might do something similar to the Battle Frontier w/the points system. Though I don't really know if the Tournament will include ALL 53 trainers... Sort of overkill don't you think?
Old June 12th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenmoor View Post
Probably a new color for your trainer card... I don't know what I would do w/money if that was the prize. They might do something similar to the Battle Frontier w/the points system. Though I don't really know if the Tournament will include ALL 53 trainers... Sort of overkill don't you think?
Well since we don't get them all at once maybe we get a trainer color for obtaining all 53 and another change for when we defeat them all. (by the way does that 53 include the Unova gym leaders who are gone and Juan?)
Old June 12th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Kenmoor
Beginning Trainer

Juan will be either demoted (to Gym Trainer, Towel Boy, Gym Leader's Slave, etc.) or forgotten.
Are the Unovan Gym Leaders in this? If not then good 'cause there's too many of them as it was 10, right? Anyways they got rematches so they don't need to be in this.
Either way I hope the above aren't put in this as 53 trainers are overkill and they WILL end up using the same Pokemon over and over again. Ex: We have Iris/Drayden, Lance and Clair. Who gets to use the Salamance. Or Dragonite. Or whatever.
Old June 12th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Community Supporter

^ I agree on the variety, I hope they decide to give them more difference. Though thankfully it's 3 Pokemon and there are more than 9 dragon pokemon lines to chose from.
Old June 13th, 2012, 05:53 AM
Kenmoor
Beginning Trainer

Though, that's barely scraping by. We have Gym Leaders and the Tournament people to divivy the Pokemon up to. Not to mention the other types. Division problems... Someone pull out their calculator... Do we have enough Pokemon for 53 Trainers?
Plus, another problem. 3 each right? I heard a rumor somewhere (can't remember) that the Pokemon will have held items... How do we divide the items up? Sure, 17 Plates and etc. might be enough. Though they'll end up reusing items.
Oh well, I can't complain rant on forever, right?
Old June 13th, 2012, 06:19 AM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
It's abit disappointing that they are limited to 3 Pokémon each assuming that's the rules but I suppose it saves some time, I would have enjoyed to have a 6 on 6 battle with EVERY Gym Leader & Elite Four member.

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old June 13th, 2012, 06:25 AM
Kenmoor
Beginning Trainer

Now THAT is a challenge. Which would take for ever just like the Battle Frontier which I have NEVER completed. Though I do see the fun in that...
That reminds me, the SAVE option like in the Battle Frontier. They better have that. And what other options could they have incorporated into this?
Old June 13th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Community Supporter

A double battle function.
A level 100 and level 50.

I hope there there is a reward...
Not sure if there are enough Pokemon by type but we have 600 + and 53 x 3 =159 I believe so they can do it.
Old June 15th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
A double battle function.
A level 100 and level 50.

I hope there there is a reward...
Not sure if there are enough Pokemon by type but we have 600 + and 53 x 3 =159 I believe so they can do it.
Only reward would probably be a medal. Unless you maybe get your third master ball...?

Sponsored Links