• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pkmn Trainer Butthead

Proto (Not the *****)
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Well, I have decided to begin making a Journey RP, it will still take a while but I'm committed. It is in a custom region, which I have drawn up, just need to label and whatnot. I have an idea for the plot, It is just a secret to the public. The plot seems like your typical Journey plot, but I will add some twists into the story to make it interesting. The question is, is anyone interested in a Journey RP?

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years

Well, i guess I'm a little new to be called "a person of the RP Corner" but regardless, I like the idea. I have no idea about the Orre Region, but I like the concept of faction vs. faction. Just my two cents.

Also, hello peoples, I am Carbonite, and I'm new here and I want to start roleplaying.

Also, a question, is there a certain amount of posts you need before you can make your own RP? Just asking, I couldn't find anything in the rules section but I'm wondering if there is a policy, or at least an unwritten code.
Hello there! Welcome to PC and the roleplay corner! Generally, if you're new to roleplaying, it'd be a good idea to join other RPs to get the hang of it before making your own. I do know that many people who join here have roleplayed in other places beforehand, so if you think you have a good RP idea up your sleeve that you'd like to put into play, and you can manage it, then yes, you can make one! No policy that I know of. Whatever you decide to do, I hope you have a great time here!

*cough* Also, whoever's reading this and wants to join another RP should really join Sacred Fire, Divine Water*cough*

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
*cough* Also, whoever's reading this and wants to join another RP should really join Sacred Fire, Divine Water*cough*

Yes, you should definitely join, because I made this Roleplay so the story is automatically good by default!

Just kidding. Could you imagine?

Honestly, I am somewhat proud of myself for this RP. Which is saying something, coming from someone with literally no self-esteem whatsoever.

There will be sign-ups even when the RP starts, in case people are still interested.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I'm currently looking for an interesting roleplay that I can stick into over this 5 week Winter break. I like the sound of all these Journey RP's, gotta makesure I'm quick enough to snag a spot though!

edit: I meant, can, CAN I TELL YOU!

Last edited:

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years
Same for me most likely; with one of my roleplays having almost hit the 1-month-since-someone-posted-it-therefore-it-goes-bye-bye mark I've got room for another. The others are being rather slow at the moment, but I guess that's to be expected with people preparing for summer/winter break. Gotta keep writing before I start my 'special project'~

Ah, the joys of finishing in mid-May and not going back until late September~

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Anyone intressed in an RP with pokemon linked to you? :D then you totally need to check out Sacred Fire, Devine Water! Too bad all the prince and princessed spots are filled, but you still can choose an awesome pokemon as link like charizard, Blaziken, Sumerott, Typlosion, Fereligator etc. :D there are only 5 spots left for sacred fire and 3 left for devine water.

(Thought i should advertize this RP :3)

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years
So last night I had a dream and what do you know, it was about Pokémon and kinda warped enough to be a somewhat interesting role play. The thing is, I don't want to turn it into a journey-based RP because the types of characters involved wouldn't necessarily be questing to earn badges and win the Pokémon League/ challenge the E4, not to mention from the sounds of it there'll be quite a few journeys soon. Much brainstorming is needed, but I'm hoping to make it rather dark. =3=

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
So last night I had a dream and what do you know, it was about Pokémon and kinda warped enough to be a somewhat interesting role play. The thing is, I don't want to turn it into a journey-based RP because the types of characters involved wouldn't necessarily be questing to earn badges and win the Pokémon League/ challenge the E4, not to mention from the sounds of it there'll be quite a few journeys soon. Much brainstorming is needed, but I'm hoping to make it rather dark. =3=

Could you tell us more about it?

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
All of the Spots in my Journey rp are full. It seems when you create your own region the spots fill up quick. But it seems like Journey Rp's are going to be making a comeback this summer

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years
Could you tell us more about it?

Sure. Bear in mind that this is completely at the beginning of the development stage and I haven't put much thought to it (though probably will as I go along).

Basically the players who are involved are all trainers who, prior to the role play's beginning, were competing in the Hoenn Pokémon League Tournament. These trainers could be from whatever region they wanted to and have as much experience as they liked (by this they could have participated in tournaments before or have come straight from defeating all eight of the Hoenn gym leaders), and have a decent array of Pokémon.

This RP would take place a few years after Gen 3, where Team Magma/Aqua have disbanded and Hoenn is no longer troubled by enemy teams - or so they think. The characters will start the role play having been attacked by a group called the Deevo Syndicate at the League. Somehow they infiltrated the league and made it so that all stage 2 and above Pokémon have returned to their stage 1 forms (I do have reasons behind this and ways they could have done it but I don't want to give those away). Not only this, but snag technology recovered from the Orre region has enabled them to capture most of the trainers' Pokémon, though the protagonists will start with one of their original team when the story begins (and I may come up with a way for them to have not been affected by the de-evolution process, depends how plausible I can make it).

The gist of the role play would be to thwart the Deevo Syndicate and have the trainers reclaim their stolen Pokémon, but there would be other opportunities for them to capture new Pokémon if they so wish. Like I mentioned before, I want to make it fairly dark and different from a journey RP so I might give players a chance to join the Deevos at some point along the way.

Any thoughts, critiques or suggestions are most welcome. Hopefully this garners a decent level of interest for me to get it down fully and maybe even submitted. c=

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Anyone intressed in an RP with pokemon linked to you? :D then you totally need to check out Sacred Fire, Devine Water! Too bad all the prince and princessed spots are filled, but you still can choose an awesome pokemon as link like charizard, Blaziken, Sumerott, Typlosion, Fereligator etc. :D there are only 5 spots left for sacred fire and 3 left for devine water.

(Thought i should advertize this RP :3)

Wow... My heart is lit aflame when members of my Roleplay deem it good enough to advertise on their own...

*tear* :')

Aaaaanyways, the bad news.

My laptop has gone straight to failure, meaning I will probably be offline for an undetermined amount of time, until said laptop is repaired. I do not wish to leave my roleplays, as I've become very attached to them. So Quto may bunny Kiba and friends on Earth and Sky, if needed; I only hope they don't go far without me. PkMnTrainer Yellow may bunny Amethyst on her RP Fallout. I also hope that this RP doesn't go far while I'm gone.

As for Sacred Fire, Divine Water, don't worry. I do plan to be back as soon as I can. You may leave your sign-ups in the OOC thread, and I'll deal with them all as soon as I return.

I am very saddened by my loss of internet, and I will do everything in my power to return to it, along with PC.

Be back soon,

Tokushi Akio

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Sure. Bear in mind that this is completely at the beginning of the development stage and I haven't put much thought to it (though probably will as I go along).

Basically the players who are involved are all trainers who, prior to the role play's beginning, were competing in the Hoenn Pokémon League Tournament. These trainers could be from whatever region they wanted to and have as much experience as they liked (by this they could have participated in tournaments before or have come straight from defeating all eight of the Hoenn gym leaders), and have a decent array of Pokémon.

This RP would take place a few years after Gen 3, where Team Magma/Aqua have disbanded and Hoenn is no longer troubled by enemy teams - or so they think. The characters will start the role play having been attacked by a group called the Deevo Syndicate at the League. Somehow they infiltrated the league and made it so that all stage 2 and above Pokémon have returned to their stage 1 forms (I do have reasons behind this and ways they could have done it but I don't want to give those away). Not only this, but snag technology recovered from the Orre region has enabled them to capture most of the trainers' Pokémon, though the protagonists will start with one of their original team when the story begins (and I may come up with a way for them to have not been affected by the de-evolution process, depends how plausible I can make it).

The gist of the role play would be to thwart the Deevo Syndicate and have the trainers reclaim their stolen Pokémon, but there would be other opportunities for them to capture new Pokémon if they so wish. Like I mentioned before, I want to make it fairly dark and different from a journey RP so I might give players a chance to join the Deevos at some point along the way.

Any thoughts, critiques or suggestions are most welcome. Hopefully this garners a decent level of interest for me to get it down fully and maybe even submitted. c=

Wow. I've been planning a character to use in a roleplay and him having mostly Hoenn pokemon and a few Kanto companions too, he'd be perfect in this roleplay. I especially like the idea of allowing trainers to have some experience and the ability to choose where they are at the point of the Hoenn League. Can't wait to see it released, definitely going to get involved!

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years
Thanks. c: I'm also considering adding the option for characters to be gym leaders just to mix things up a bit and have different perspectives regarding the chaos. I'm going to do some research today and hopefully get something with more structure put together.

Arctos

Fire and Blood
Years
Hi all,

Have been posting in the Pokemon Trainer Academy Roleplay for a couple of weeks now and have suddenly found myself with a lot more free time. Just wondering if anyone had any RP's they are starting in need of people or ongoing RP's they would recommend? Reading through the last few pages it looks like its going to be a good summer for Roleplaying on this board!

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Dude... You joined PC today, you're telling me stuff that isn't true at all, and then you start scolding my friends because i asked them if it was true what you told me? Okay, i dont care you scold at me, but i get very mad and devilish when you scold my friends, you better leave everyone here alone with your "talk", i'm not tolorating this stuff, and i'm sure skymin won't either.

Everyone, please ignore him, he's a troll and thinks he's cool -.- if he sends you a PM ignore it, please. I'm sorry everyone~ :) i'm causing a lil trouble here... So i'll explain.

This dude PMed me telling me that equinox said stuff about me, so i asked equinox on Facebook if it was true, and thats why this dude is mad ^^ sorry~

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Been a while since I've been here[like months...]...and I come across this:

hey man, stop repeating me, how old ar yo? 5? lmao, PinkSapphire is a b!tch, more than anyone, i dont know her at all, but she tells everyone everything, you cant trust her and you can trust equinox either, he tells you stuff, and tells the girl he said nothing and to not believe me, he's a stupid dude, like that sapphire girl, i bet her real name is betty, like a cow

Dude, you can just chill out and find somewhere else to stomp around off. YOU just said you don't know her, so how can you make false accusations? You act as if you were younger, and I know the two pretty well, and obviously you're the false culprit. Spit out anything you want to say, as if you knew who you were talking about.

Anyway, I like your RP, Miss Doronjo. I wouldn't mind joining it. I do really enjoy it greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back