The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Pokémon Essentials

Notices

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

Old June 12th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Dying Light
Pegasus Knight

Nature: Hardy
I have tried looking all around the Pokémon Essentials Wiki, and cannot find anything pertaining to my question. I have one region, although when I make a new Pokémon species I get the whole "pbSeenForm" undefined method error. I quickly presume this to be a problem because the player doesn't own a National Dex. I know how to add scripts, and script a little. I already added the default Pokédex, but I want to add the National Dex to make things much easier. Someone, please help me out.

“Our only limits are the ones we place on ourselves.”
Old June 13th, 2012, 03:46 AM
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

You presume wrong. The "pbSeenForm" error occurs because you haven't started a New Game. That problem's been answered often enough already.

The wiki is very clear on how to use multiple Dex lists (even if it's just 1 Regional + 1 National). At least, I think it's clear.
Old June 13th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Dying Light
Pegasus Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruno View Post
You presume wrong. The "pbSeenForm" error occurs because you haven't started a New Game. That problem's been answered often enough already.

The wiki is very clear on how to use multiple Dex lists (even if it's just 1 Regional + 1 National). At least, I think it's clear.
Yeah, I was able to figure that out last night after I had posted this. Tried a new game, and worked like it was supposed to. Then I saw other threads that had similar errors. As such, I deeply apologize for not checking harder.

Thank you, however, for the link to the Dex description page. I still couldn't figure out how to do it. The Regional Dex was easy, but when I tried looking for National Dex is when it got a bit confusing.

Thanks again.

Old June 13th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Maruno

Searching for the phrase "National Dex" is a start.

Basically, the National Dex is only usable if the Dexes don't depend on location, and it is unlocked by using pbUnlockDex.
Old June 13th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Dying Light
Pegasus Knight

Quote:

Basically, the National Dex is only usable if the Dexes don't depend on location, and it is unlocked by using pbUnlockDex.
Fantastic. Worked like a charm. What I was aiming for was to make the National Dex be available for the whole region, as I want to make the region contain varieties of Pokémon. Thus, using a National Dex makes this task much easier. I am unorthodox in my ways, therefore, I want to change things up a little.

All my problems have been solved, and I no longer need help on this topic.

Thanks Maruno.

Old June 13th, 2012, 03:55 PM
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Quote:

I suggest you to make 'DEXDEPENDSONLOCATION = false' by default.
Old June 14th, 2012, 03:13 AM
Maruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL . View Post
It is.

I can't imagine any time when someone would want it to be "true". It's how the system used to work before I improved it, so it's just a call-back to then rather than it actually being useful.
Old June 14th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Dying Light
Pegasus Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL . View Post
Quote:
It is.

I can't imagine any time when someone would want it to be "true". It's how the system used to work before I improved it, so it's just a call-back to then rather than it actually being useful.
Yep, I checked the script. At script "Settings" line 123, it's already preset to that in fresh copies of Pokémon Essentials. I had to make sure because unlocking the National Dex requires that the prerequisite is DEXDEPENDSONLOCATION = false.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links