The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old April 9th, 2012, 09:01 PM
RikuCrafter
Togepi

Pokémon: Re-Emerald Version
Created and Developed by RikuCrafter

INTRODUCTION
NOTE: This game uses some of the same resources as a similarly titled project, Pokémon Emerald Legend. This game is not connected to that game in any way, doesn’t take any of the story elements, and the use of the same resources is just what’s available for public use.
Welcome to my thread, you can call me Riku. Lately, I've become pretty addicted to playing Pokémon Emerald Version, for the GBA. In response to completing the game, I decided to search for RMXP remakes of the Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald games, and, to no surprise – there were heaps.
So, I decided, I wouldn’t remake Emerald. I’m now reimagining it. The way I would like, with heaps added to the story. In this thread, I’ll outline some of the most major changes I’m making for this new project.
Please ignore the previous thread here, Pokémon Clockwork Echoes. I had typed two threads, unable to decide which one I wanted to do, and posted Clockwork Echoes by accident. I may make PCE one day, but for now, Re-Emerald is priority.

THE HEROES

MAJOR HERO: BRENDAN/MAY
The main hero of our story. They move from Johto to Hoenn, where they meet Lyanna and Dustin.Their adventure will be filled with fun and danger, so stay tuned!

MAJOR FEMALE RIVAL: LYANNA
Twelve years old, and the daughter of Hoenn’s regional professor, Professor Birch. She is quite kind, but is not fond of Dustin. When the hero moves to Littleroot Town, she is too busy to meet them, as she helps Professor Birch with his research. Lyanna uses Lyra’s sprite from HGSS (right now), and she is a replacement for the ‘Birch’s Kid’ character of the real game. She lives above the professor’s lab with her sister, mother and father. Her starter Pokémon is Aron.
MAJOR MALE RIVAL: DUSTIN
Thirteen years of age. The son of a Hoenn region native woman, and a Gym Leader from Unova, Dustin has always dreamed of becoming a Pokémon Trainer. Only a day or two before the hero arrives, Dustin’s father arrives from Unova and visits his family in Littleroot, giving Dustin a Unova Pokémon as a starter. His starter Pokémon is Snivy.

FEATURES:
Emerald reimagined, with Generation Four graphics
New characters and a completely rewritten plot
Moving sprites, with thanks to the Unova add on
More to come!

STORY:
The game follows Pokémon Emerald’s story – to a degree. More characters of my own creation will be added, and the plot will be expanded – giving more of a backstory to many of the characters. Some characters will get ‘flashback style events’, similar to the Giovanni event in HGSS.

CREATOR’S NOTE:
The most I’m looking for in help right now is probably someone who could sprite for me. As much as I love Kytomonian’s HGSS sprites, they are public, and I’d love some of my own. The sprites are my biggest need at the moment, and a spriter is someone who would make a huge impact on this project.
SCREENSHOTS:
Spoiler:

Gameplay

Dustin's Mystery Father

The Mysterious Second Rival

Professor Birch and Lyanna

Live From Petalburg Gym...

The Redesigned Opening

Newly Created Rivals

Maps

Note: All maps have their tile errors fixed, and the trees now overlap.

Route 103

Oldale Town

Littleroot Town

CREDITS:
‘POKÉMON: RE-EMERALD VERSION’

Created and developed by RikuCrafter
Based on the video game ‘Pokémon: Emerald Version’
Using RPG Maker XP, from Enterbrain
With the assistance of Pokémon Essentials, by Poccil and the Essentials Team
Along with the original idea of the Pokémon series, from Nintendo and Game Freak
Multiple Overworlds and Tiles: Kymotonian and Rafael-Animal
Rayquaza (Emerald Legend Creator): Inspiration and Public Indoor Tiles
Desbrina (Lightning Yellow): Inspiration and Upgrading Help
And, of course, to you, if you took the time to read this thread.

For extra screenshots, check out my DeviantArt at rikucrafter.deviantart.com.

All new screenshots will go there first

Last edited by RikuCrafter; April 28th, 2012 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Posted the Wrong Thread (Fail)
Old April 25th, 2012, 06:46 AM
dreamcatcher
Lump Appraiser

Nature: Naughty
I don't mean to come off as rude or anything, but this sounds kind of confusing :X
Old April 26th, 2012, 04:27 PM
InMooseWeTrust
Jack of All Trades

Nature: Careful
Send a message via ICQ to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via AIM to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Yahoo to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Skype™ to InMooseWeTrust
I'm really into timetravel things and this looks like a great idea. I also wrote some concepts of how the Kanto region would look 10-15 years into the future from the start of the anime/manga (assuming anime characters age normally, and everyone significant is not evil unlike the manga, etc.). Would you like to hear it?

Also, I'm really into the spiritual side of things and there's something about your story idea that deeply resonates with me. I'd like to hear what else you've thought of.
Old April 27th, 2012, 12:31 PM
RikuCrafter
Togepi

Wow......this actually got posted. LOL

Wrong thread entirely. Sorry guys, I had two threads going, posted the wrong one.

The actual title of the game I mean to post is Pokemon: Re-Emerald.

It is a reimagining of Pokemon Emerald using HGSS graphics.

Please disregard this thread, I'll get the name changed.

EDIT:

The thread has now been changed to the correct one. More screenshots to come of Route 102.

Last edited by RikuCrafter; April 27th, 2012 at 03:28 PM.
Old April 28th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Rayquaza.
Lead Dev in Pokémon Chaos

Nature: Adamant
Interesting. Its nearly impossible to find Hoenn remakes without Kyledove stuff in it. I'd love to see some more screenshots of this soon. While making Emerald Legend it was gonna be a remake of Emerald but I gave up and plotted my own ideas.
Old April 28th, 2012, 12:57 PM
RikuCrafter
Togepi

That's kinda my plan

It's a remake, but it's not if you get what I mean :D

When I saw you had posted I freaked, thinking it would be 'RESOURCE ROBBER' or something like that

Changelogs will come every two days, and will be posted like this.

CHANGELOG: v1.11 (Saturday 28th April)
- Mapped Petalburg City (Exterior)
- Fixed Tile Errors (Oldale and Route 103)

CHANGELOG: v1.11.1 (Sunday 29th April)
- Fixed Transparency issues with shadows on buildings (Thanks to Desbrina!~)

Last edited by RikuCrafter; April 28th, 2012 at 01:37 PM.
Old April 29th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Rayquaza.

I wouldn't ever just say 'RESOURCE ROBBER', I would ask where they got resources from firstly, before I jump to conclusions.
Old April 29th, 2012, 09:22 PM
RikuCrafter
Togepi

Never meant that as an attack on you, sorry if you took it that way, I just kinda freaked :L

Will update soon with today's changelog.
Old May 7th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Rayquaza.

It's fine. Do you need animated HGSS autotiles? I have a few in my Autotiles thread.
Old June 2nd, 2012, 08:56 PM
RikuCrafter
Togepi

This game's development has concluded.

It only runs upto the second gym, and the skills I've learnt will now be put in to my own game, with a new region and plot.

That should get a thread soon (hopefully!)

Thanks to everyone who supported this game, I'll put a download link up when I can (its an 800mb game)
Old June 14th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Rick1234
Hidden in the shadows, for now

Nature: Quiet
Nice job. Yet it's going to get harder when it comes to the gym leader sprites. You should rethink on who can sprite those for you. (I can't sprite) I am just saying that.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links