The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 15th, 2012, 06:37 PM
ANinyMouse

I'm pretty sure that since Black 2 and White 2 are going to have a LOT of version differences again, like Black & White 1, that the leader for Opelucid Gym will depend on the version again as well.

Like, if Iris is the leader of your version, the town has grown more agricultural: maybe vines growing up the sides of buildings, little windowsill gardens, some terracotta archways...

Or if Drayden is the leader of your version, the sidewalks are actually conveyor belts, there are lots of street lamps, cars & trucks moving overhead, a huge futuristic clock tower...

Also, I'm pretty sure there are only two gym paths that make any kind of sense:

Cheren - Homika - Burgh - Elesa - Clay - Skyla - Drayden/Iris - Shizui

Cheren - Homika - Burgh - Elesa - Clay - Skyla - Shizui - Drayden/Iris

The first one is a linear path. I'm pretty sure most people agree that Shizui seems to be located someplace in Eastern Unova, and since there's a clear path from the starting town all the way to Opelucid (and only 7 gyms currently visible), it could be that the Kyurem plot plays out after Gym 7. Only afterwards would we face Gym 8.

Now, path #2 is kinda interesting! If, after we beat Skyla, she lets us hitch a ride one her plane, maybe she'll fly us over to the new airport that's in Eastern Unova (you can see it on the map) and we'll face Shizui over there before the 8th Gym.
Old June 15th, 2012, 09:39 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
^ The air port there will actually make sense than...

I want Brycen to be a gym leader but I also want Clay to stay... also if he isn't why is Brycen the only former gym leader shown...even if he is will they explain what became of the missing gym leaders?
Old June 15th, 2012, 09:45 PM
TheChaosBlue
Jump On Box For a Free Life!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to TheChaosBlue
Not sure if this belongs here....but BulbaNewsNOW (Bulbgarden/Bulbanews twitter) account has leaked all eight Unova Gym Leaders....but the photo is grainy. Really grainy.

Spoiler:
Looks to me Clay, Drayden and Burgh returns.....but who's the top one on the right? Wait....that's Skyla....looks like their artwork remains the same. Elesa's is the only returning Gym Leader to receive new art.

Last edited by TheChaosBlue; June 15th, 2012 at 09:50 PM.
Old June 15th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Hikamaru
out of this world
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSonic View Post
Not sure if this belongs here....but BulbaNewsNOW (Bulbgarden/Bulbanews twitter) account has leaked all eight Unova Gym Leaders....but the photo is grainy. Really grainy.

Spoiler:
Looks to me Clay, Drayden and Burgh returns.....but who's the top one on the right? Wait....that's Skyla....looks like their artwork remains the same. Elesa's is the only returning Gym Leader to receive new art.
The one on the top right is Skyla btw.

The Gym Leaders shown are: Drayden, Clay, Cheren, Elesa, Skyla, Burgh, Shizui and Homika. So, only Lenora, Brycen and the Striaton Trio got replaced.

I guess this confirmed Brycen stopped being Gym Leader cos his hometown was frozen and he now works in Pokewood.

So, I wonder if Drayden will be exclusive to Black 2 or will he be Gym Leader in both games?

Paired with AWsquared, Isaac and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

i'll be gone for a while, here's why

Old June 15th, 2012, 09:55 PM
TheChaosBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
The one on the top right is Skyla.

So, I wonder if Drayden will be exclusive to Black 2 or will he be Gym Leader in both games?
Yup, Skyla.

And With Drayden, Clay, Burgh, Skyla, And Elesa returning with three new Gym Leaders, I doubt he's a version exclusive this time around.
Old June 15th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Community Supporter

Ahh so no Brycen after all if true...oh well at least he wasn't put under the bus like Lenora or triplets (if they aren't you know who).
Old June 15th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Hikamaru
out of this world
Community Supporter

I'm predicting this order for the Gyms after seeing the link:

1. Cheren (Normal, Basic Badge)
2. Homika (Poison, Toxic Badge)
3. Burgh (Bug, Insect Badge)
4. Elesa (Electric, Bolt Badge)
5. Shizui (Water, ???? Badge)
6. Clay (Ground, Quake Badge)
7. Skyla (Flying, Jet Badge)
8. Drayden (Dragon, Legend Badge)

Old June 15th, 2012, 10:01 PM
rocky505
<Now who's awesome!

Nature: Relaxed
Why are people not mentioning that Iris is also gone.
Old June 15th, 2012, 10:02 PM
TheChaosBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Ahh so no Brycen after all if true...oh well at least he wasn't put under the bus like Lenora or triplets (if they aren't you know who).
True, and I like he actually has somewhat of a role now from gym duties. He's too cool for that...excuse the pun. XP

I'm hope the order could be Cheren, Homika, Shizui, Burgh, Elesa, Clay, Skyla and lastly Drayden? Based on the map that what's I'm going for.

And crap...Iris is moving up then? Possible Elite Four Member this go around?
Old June 15th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Hikamaru
out of this world
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
Why are people not mentioning that Iris is also gone.
Maybe this could signal that Iris has become an Elite Four member?

Also, I wonder what name they will give to Shizui's badge?

Old June 15th, 2012, 10:06 PM
rocky505
<Now who's awesome!

This is just an advertisement from corocoro. They can still have updated art in the strategy guides coming soon.
Old June 15th, 2012, 10:08 PM
TheChaosBlue

Quote:

Good question. Seeing how the gym layout appears with lilypads and ponds and such, its name be something related to that.
Old June 15th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Community Supporter

What did happen to Iris...
Perhaps Shizui is 7th taking Brycen's position either that or third, pushing the old guard up a rank except Drayden who's kept his spot.
Old June 15th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Forever
let it go

No Iris? :( I'm okay with Drayden being that gym leader tho. I agree with whoever said Shizui would take Brycen's spot since he doesn't seem to fit in anywhere earlier. :x
Old June 16th, 2012, 04:21 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Aw, bye bye Iris. She was always my favourite, even if I never actually battled against her.

While I would have liked a bit more shake-up with the Gym Leaders, hopefully the way that these ones are presented in BW2 will mean there'll be a nice bit of variety, instead of simply rehashing the same teams from the previous games.
Old June 16th, 2012, 04:42 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
Oh thank the Lord Iris is gone. She annoyed the HECK out of me. I am so excited that Clay is back. Legit, I can't wait. <3
I still wanna know what happened to Iris. Maybe she's a full time Dragon trainer?
And I think that Shizui is indeed taking Brycen's spot.
Old June 16th, 2012, 04:42 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
No Iris? D: I actually liked her as a Gym Leader, but I think she could have a supporting role this time around.

Anyway, I'm kind of disappointed that no new Gym Leaders other than Homika and Shizui were revealed, but I'm fine with that because I like Homika.

I also agree with Hikari10's predicted gym lineup; it kind of makes sense to me that they might use a similar gym lineup as the original B/W.

Old June 16th, 2012, 05:02 AM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Lol we were lied to or the POkemon fan sites misinterpreted. I was sure Brycen wouldn't be in it, Iccirus is frozen over, but they said otherwise. Glad he isn't though.
Old June 16th, 2012, 06:31 AM
Community Supporter

Hopefully this is only Black 2's line up...why Iris? Her city isn't frozen over like the Triplets', Lenora's, or Brycen's towns.
Old June 16th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Quote:

For some reason I have a feeling that Shizui will give you the Wave Badge, IIRC it hasn't been used before and it suits him pretty well IMO.

Old June 16th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
Wave Badge? I could see that. Probably means his name won't be Wade then. That is a bit too cheesy, even for GAME FREAK.
Old June 16th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluerang1 View Post
Lol we were lied to or the POkemon fan sites misinterpreted. I was sure Brycen wouldn't be in it, Iccirus is frozen over, but they said otherwise. Glad he isn't though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Hopefully this is only Black 2's line up...why Iris? Her city isn't frozen over like the Triplets', Lenora's, or Brycen's towns.
There is supposedly only 1 City frozen and I doubt its any of the Gym Cities right now. The one in the trailer was fairly large (it could have been exaggerated for the trailer, but still). Iccirus wasn't that large, would make sense if it were Lenora's city cause it's fairly large though it could be the Second city from the game and not any of the Gym Cities.

As for the line up posted, that wouldn't really be the same as the B/W line up cause you'd have to travel through Black City/White Forest to get to Undella to battle Shizui then back to Nimbasa to get to Driftvell to battle Clay and move on from there.

I'm still goin with the linear pattern they had before:
Cheren, Homika, Burgh, Elesa, Clay, Skyla, Drayden, Shuzui
Old June 16th, 2012, 09:01 AM
wombateiro
Trainer

Imo Shizui might be 7th and Drayden 8th. This gyms' order is currently shown in Bulbapedia. I think Opelucid Gym might be skipped during first visit in Opelucid, player will have to go through Lacunosa to Undella (where Shizui gym might be). After getting badge from Shizui, player will have to go to Giant Chasm, encounter Kyurem, go to Opelucid to get last badge and from Opelucid to League.
Old June 16th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombateiro View Post
Imo Shizui might be 7th and Drayden 8th. This gyms' order is currently shown in Bulbapedia. I think Opelucid Gym might be skipped during first visit in Opelucid, player will have to go through Lacunosa to Undella (where Shizui gym might be). After getting badge from Shizui, player will have to go to Giant Chasm, encounter Kyurem, go to Opelucid to get last badge and from Opelucid to League.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbapedia
The Gym Leaders will be Cheren, Homika, Drayden, Clay, Elesa, Skyla, Burgh, and Shizui (order, other than the first two, is currently unknown).
No they aren't shown in order on Bulbapedia. Bulbapedia even says that the order in which the Gyms are ranked is still currently unknown.
Old June 16th, 2012, 09:51 AM
wombateiro
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
No they aren't shown in order on Bulbapedia. Bulbapedia even says that the order in which the Gyms are ranked is still currently unknown.
I'm not saying it's official order but there it is:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...#Gym_Leaders_2

It makes sense, making Opelucid Gym last and going straight to League. Giant Chasm might be blocked by ice boundary while going to Undella to get 7th badge from Shizui. While going back to Opelucid, ice boundary would open.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links