The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Trade Corner

Notices

Trade Corner Having trouble completing your Pokédex? Looking for a certain Pokémon or have a rare one to offer? This is your forum. Everything related to wireless trades can be discussed here.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 23rd, 2012, 03:37 PM
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave

Advertise here
Hiya, I was wondering if you use GTS. I am really curious, so please join the discussion or just answer a few simple questions ^____^

If yes, are you using negotiations or regular find and get? Or you only offer your Pokemon to get what you need?

Do you find GTS useful? Explain why yes or why not. What do you do with Pokemon obtained via GTS?

What are your GTS trophies? Any perfect or shiny Pokemon?

What do you do with Pokemon obtained? Are they just dex fillers or they end up as your team's powerhouses?

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

Pair | Family
Old May 23rd, 2012, 03:45 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

I used negotiations once. This Japanese player showed me a lotta cool legendaries, such as Ho-oh and Giratina. I offered a random shiny Metagross. The trader suddenly changed his offer to a Zorua... -_- I accepted it, but whatever. I haven't done negotiations again.

In DPPt early days, GTS was pretty useful. I managed to get a Garchomp (hacked lol) but I did breed it. I just get stuff to breed really. I can't remember getting any perfect or shiny Pokemon from the GTS. Just simple things... Like an Aipom... haha, I'm impressed with myself that I remember exact species. :P
Old May 23rd, 2012, 04:03 PM
Jak
i'll let you have it

Nature: Timid
One time I got on GTS negotiations for kicks, and someone started offering Leafeon and Glaceon and I was on a new file and didn't want to insult them with a Lillipup, so I just left. I only use GTS to send Pokemon to Pokecheck and clone them. I don't use it to actually get Pokemon from. Ick.

Into the room, I know you want it
Bang bang, all over you, I'll let you have it
Wait a minute, let me take you there
Old May 24th, 2012, 10:34 AM
JaySawn
Weedle Weedle Wee -Patrimon?

Nature: Gentle
Yeah I use the GTS/Negotiations here and there...

This one time I used the negotiation , I traded a shiny pichu/skitty for a LV.100 Illumise and a milotic...( Illumise was hacked so I had to release it =/ ) Worst trades ever lol ; and no I didn't get what I was browsing for =(

GTS can be useful if you're looking for pokemon that you can trade for ; other than that good luck on getting Zekrom/Reshiram LV.9 and under XD

Best I got from the GTS was a UT Hatched Spiritomb , UT Hatched Oshawott , and a Japanese Ditto ( on the 1st attempt of searching for one ) ; all of em are legit :D

I use the Japanese ditto for breeding purposes ( of course... ) and the other 2 for collecting / desire I guess
Old May 24th, 2012, 02:24 PM
firefox1000
Elite Four

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to firefox1000
I used GTS/Negotiations once.(If pokecheck cloning and checking doesn't count) I traded my lv 100 Gardevoir for a Shiny Japenese Shaymin. Its pretty hard to find a good trade in GTS because of Impossible trades lv 1 Groudon. GTs is pretty useless mostly.

"Soaring on the Skys and Water"
Old May 31st, 2012, 12:45 AM
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

So, I created the thread so I should answer myself finally! lol

I like using GTS, tho I never use negotiations, usually I couldn't find a thing there and wasted my time, so I abandoned it. I never search for Pokemon because of all those dummies who want sooper-oober legends with lvl below 9. That's ridiculous.

I only put my Pokemon as reasonable offers (eg. my random version exclusive for another random version exclusive, my random bred starter for another random starter and so on).

I got a shiny Glameow once, it was legit so that's cool. I also got a legit 27/4/31/30/31/31 Naughty Japanese Charmeleon.

I never use traded pokemon in my teams so all my GTS mons are just dex fillers or are used for breeding.

Thaat's pretty much everything ^______^

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

Pair | Family
Old May 31st, 2012, 09:56 AM
Libra
I ain't insane, the world is just too serious...
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
i used it before i knew these forums, but now im never using it anymore...

all cuz of those lv1 Hydreigons, Victini's and more...

Paired to Éclair
Sig by Aquacorde
Mental Omega record
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old June 15th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Greenbeans
Guardian of Le Foret
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
People really try and rip me off in negotiations >.> so i just do normal trades now

3DS Name: Jericho 3DS Friend Code: 3995 - 6761 - 1080 Old Username: Jerichob10
Old June 16th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Xebelleon
Mugcake Handler

Use it for deposit few times a week, depends if my brain feels like it. Most of time I offer nicknamed Lv.1 females of Dream World ability, nickname being related in a way to DW or the Pokemon (Bag Lady the Bagon, HippyPhish the Corphish example). Also offer at times trade evos for the in game stuff considering I've seen Everstones on some of the middlemen.

More times than I like its a Japanese texted Pokemon. As such, I breed the bajeebus out of it out of hack paranoia (Eevee, Pichu for example)

Jordan, from Alberta Canada. Usually Pokemon Ranger or Breeder (Black OR White GTS deposit)
Old June 18th, 2012, 12:42 AM
Bolin
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Hasty
I've been using the GTS to get the Pokemon that I want, but I always offer something that is reasonable.

Using the GTS to search however, is stupid in my opinion. They are always asking for a lvl 9 Zekrom, making those trades impossible.
Old June 19th, 2012, 07:34 AM
greg0915
Tomorrow is a new day
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
I used to use the GTS a lot before I came here, then I started to use the Quick Trade Thread instead. But now I can RNG and with the introduction of Pokecheck there really is no need for it...
Old July 4th, 2012, 03:07 PM
ColdBytes
Beginning Trainer

I Use both mostly negotiations so I can Get some shinys :3 Or I find a trading forum
Old July 5th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Roza
Aspiring Pokemon Ranger

Nature: Impish
I use the GTS all the time when I'm bored. I like making chain trades (seeing a Pokemon I want that has a reasonable request on it, then finding that requested Pokemon and trading for that, then trading for the first one with the second one).

I just like filling the Unity Tower or whatever it's called. The one with the different floors? I trade with as many different people as I can!
Old July 5th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Asuf
Dragon Tamer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Asuf
I often visit the GTS when I'm curious to see whats on offer, I did happen to strike a shiny Graveler once, so I guess I was lucky.

Old July 13th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Makenshi_au
Beginning Trainer

how come on the gts nearly every one asks for impossible trades like lvl 1 legends im only new to trading online
Old July 13th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Dalek_Kabu
Resident Fossil

Send a message via Skype™ to Dalek_Kabu
today on negotiations i traded a lvl 1 male zoroa with bashful nature for a fully ev trained lvl 100 male dw ability kabutops so it's hit or miss
Old July 15th, 2012, 05:10 PM
igotpokeballz
x999 Thanks To Action Replay

Send a message via Yahoo to igotpokeballz
nah, not really im still offering a castform...

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
MY TEAM:
1.SERPERIOR!
2.UNPHEZANT!
3.SIMIPOUR!
4.SCRAFTY!
5.ZEBSTRIKA!
6.HYDREIGON!
Old July 15th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Riegel25
Beginning Trainer

I use it sometimes; I usually trade legendaries from my game for other legendaries by Negotiations to fill up my Dex.
Old July 27th, 2012, 07:08 PM
이큐리
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
I put random shinies up on GTS for bidoofs/patrats/purrloins for fun. Can't even get a Riolu without people asking for Mews in return. =/
Old July 29th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Mikoliah
The Living Legend

Send a message via AIM to Mikoliah Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mikoliah Send a message via Yahoo to Mikoliah
looks like I've been missing on here a while
Welcome, Mikoliah.

LOL

Well I got both my kids and my wife into pokemon now. I managed to get all the starters for my wife, my daughter, and my self after my wife did soft resets until she received a female starter.

After a bit of breeding I got other starter females of the GTS. As for other things, I was able to get the "black exclusive" on my copy of white.

Usually the Japanese are more realistic for trades. (but they often have the >9 legendarys as well)

I doubt I will be able to get everything like I had in Pokemon Pearl without the help of my fellow traders on here.

However, I did lose my copy of Pearl and will have to start all over again with a new copy of Diamond. :/

Well that is half the fun right? This time I have a Heart Gold to help me get a full roster once more.

Shiny Pokemon:
None (lost them all)

My Rare Pokemon:
None (lost them all)
Old July 29th, 2012, 07:19 PM
PokePlayer101

I got a shiny Snivy for a japanesese oshawott i traded for and I used it on my team so yeah

Flying type Friend Safari
Swanna Fletchinder and Spearow

OMEGA RUBY AND ALPHA SAPPHIRE CONFIRMED REMAKES
Old July 30th, 2012, 09:38 AM
mapsal313

I had used GTS with my Pearl a couple of years ago. I traded some cloned lv100 Deoxys from my friend's Emerald to get a Garchomp, Milotic and Tyranitar, ll lv100, for collection purposes.
A couple of weeks ago, haven't yet figured out how to catch a Ducklett in Balck, I deposited a lv14 Audino in the GTS, and I got a lv25 female Ducklett named ~Aura. Needless to say that it's now a lv53 Swanna, and one of my best pokemon.
I also did a sort of cloning, I traded my Reshiram from my original Black to a Black ROM in my R4 ( for those not knoing what an R4 is, it's a cartridge-like device that has a Micro SD card and you can fill it with ROMs and play them in your DS), then I copied the ROM and its save file into my PC, then I traded Reshiram back to my Black and finally, copying the 2nd Black ROM with the Reshiram to the R4, and traded to Balck, so now I had two Reshirams, depositing one of them, asking for a Zecrom lv 50 & up (since Reshiram was lv53).
When I searched for a Zecrom, each one of them asked for a lv9 & under Reshiram/Zecrom. I don't get why people do this.

Anyway, I eventually got a lv77 Zecrom for my Reshiram. What I want now is a Rufflet, since I really love Braviarys, but I don't have it on dex, so I can't ask for it.=(

In other words, GTS=good.
Old July 30th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Katie the Friendly Ghost
I like rain.

Nature: Adamant
I saw a shiny Watchog and it required like a Serperior (I picked Tepig). All the Serperiors required like a lv. 9 and under Zekrom. I was pretty pissed.

But I did trade for an Accelgor, which was awesome, since I wasn't able to trade with myself or a friend at that point.

Overall GTS sucks though. I heard your Pokemon may disappear after awhile, so that scared me.
Old July 30th, 2012, 12:40 PM
mapsal313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the Friendly Ghost View Post
I saw a shiny Watchog and it required like a Serperior (I picked Tepig). All the Serperiors required like a lv. 9 and under Zekrom. I was pretty pissed.

But I did trade for an Accelgor, which was awesome, since I wasn't able to trade with myself or a friend at that point.

Overall GTS sucks though. I heard your Pokemon may disappear after awhile, so that scared me.
Well that scares me too, but they will only dissapear if you leave them for months without checking them. But just leaving them for a week and then check back it's fine.
Old July 31st, 2012, 04:18 AM
WolfricX
Water-Typer Master.

I think GTSN is great, I use it almost every day! I have managed to get some awesome pokemon out of it such as a lv33 Excadrill for a lv59 Crawdunt with some ace stats and moves.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here