• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
1) ...Can you give me their unlz num tilemap num?

2) If you find it tutorial give me the link.

3) Hope Jambo51 will post him routine. If have say with me.

4) ...Too bad. :(

5) I copied after 0x800000 bytes to my clean Fire Red Rom, when I use advance map to load my Fire Red Rom the Ow sprite cant load to the added Ow sprite,why? It has a pointer to load 0x800000 offset? Where is the pointer?

6) But statestates can't save at the after beat elite four and champion and restart game.

PS: Sorry for my bad english :(

1. You'll have to find it yourself, or look on the tutorial's page, there are a ton of World Map editing tutorials that have what you're looking for. My number will definately be different than yours, since I've added graphics, and that messes up the numbers.

5. There is probably a pointer that A-Map looks at to display the OW sprites in A-Map's .ini file. Navigate the file location of A-map until you find the ini folder, and start looking for what you need.

6. It isn't strictly necessary to restart the game. Just edit the script to do something else, like warp you to your bedroom after you beat the E4 and that's all you need to do.

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2019
1. You'll have to find it yourself, or look on the tutorial's page, there are a ton of World Map editing tutorials that have what you're looking for. My number will definately be different than yours, since I've added graphics, and that messes up the numbers.

5. There is probably a pointer that A-Map looks at to display the OW sprites in A-Map's .ini file. Navigate the file location of A-map until you find the ini folder, and start looking for what you need.

6. It isn't strictly necessary to restart the game. Just edit the script to do something else, like warp you to your bedroom after you beat the E4 and that's all you need to do.

1) I'll try to find it.Thanks.

5) The +40 OW patcher I patched to a clean rom, but I do nothing to .ini file also can display the Ow sprite, why?

6)Oh, I knew, thanks.

I having a new problem.

7) I know ASM routine is so useful, I want to learn it, but I no ASM compiler like insert ASM code to free space tool, can you give me a link to download the compiler?

redriders180

Years
1) I'll try to find it.Thanks.

5) The +40 OW patcher I patched to a clean rom, but I do nothing to .ini file also can display the Ow sprite, why?

6)Oh, I knew, thanks.

I having a new problem.

7) I know ASM routine is so useful, I want to learn it, but I no ASM compiler like insert ASM code to free space tool, can you give me a link to download the compiler?

5. The old OWs are probably still in the same location, so it's still reading it from there. Did you try placing the OW, changing the picture number to the newly added sprite, saving, and running the game to see if it would work? Just because A-map doesn't show it, doesn't mean the game won't.

7. ASM is a very hands-on process, so most of the compilers just compile the ASM to a .bin file, which you then manually insert with a hex editor. A large amount of ASM also deals with changing byte values at different locations, something that also can be done in a hex editor. You have to be willing to delve head-first into the game, and not rely on tools when it comes to ASM.

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
Cool Possibilities

I'm not the greatest scripter in the world. Not even remotely great but I was thinking if it was possible to make a scripted battle. I've never seen one in a rom so I assume it hasn't been done besides the Oldman/Wally scripts.

Also I was thinking if it was possible to remake the coliseums from pokemon Colosseum.

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2013
Rival Party in B/W

Hi, sorry to disturb you guys

But the thing is i just starting to hack pokemon B/W, then i wonder how do i hack rival's party, like when i choose seel, they keep choosing the original starters like snivy and tepig?

Someone can help me??

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
Years
In Pokemon Fire Red is it possible to replace each Unown palette? Like if I wanted to put clone Pokemon in would I be able to have each one with it's own individual colors by replacing Unown?

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
I was wondering if anyone had really tried tampering with the in-battle textbox (on an extensive note). It seems any time I try to do anything with it (besides editing the palettes) it just makes the game crash when I enter into battles.

Note: I know Frostbite did this in Azure Horizons which tells me that it's possible but I don't think I'll get a response from him.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
I'm just starting to hack Pokemon games, and I'm wondering about this whole scripting thing, which I know very little of at the moment. Which program would you recommend to work with for a beginner like me? I've know of three: Pokescript, XSE, and PKSV.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
I'm just starting to hack Pokemon games, and I'm wondering about this whole scripting thing, which I know very little of at the moment. Which program would you recommend to work with for a beginner like me? I've know of three: Pokescript, XSE, and PKSV.

XSE because It's the widely use scripting program for us... :)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
XSE is most used here so you will have the biggest chance that someone answers your question if you encounter some problems.

Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2012
Hey guys,
I hack on a Mac, so I use crossover to hack my Pokemanz. Well, I can only use A-Map and PKSV for scripting. When I try to open A-Mart, A-Text, A-Starter, or any other hacking utilities, they simply wont open up. No errors or anything, just nothing. What should I do about this, since it severely hinders my hacking abilities.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Hey guys,
I hack on a Mac, so I use crossover to hack my Pokemanz. Well, I can only use A-Map and PKSV for scripting. When I try to open A-Mart, A-Text, A-Starter, or any other hacking utilities, they simply wont open up. No errors or anything, just nothing. What should I do about this, since it severely hinders my hacking abilities.

I don't use a Mac, however remember that some programs are shortcuts rather than necessities.

A-Mart: Marts can be written using scripting.
A-Text: The beginning text can be changed easily through hex editing, of which there are several tutorials for on this site.
A-Starter: Scripting again to edit which Pokémon you can pick, with some A-Trainer (or hex editing if that doesn't work) to change the rival's battle teams.

There is always a way around using tools - it might not be as quick but it'll give the same result and ultimately you'll be more hands on with your hack!

Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2012
Thank you!
I also have another question. How would I script it so that when you choose a Pokemon, the "Pokemon" option is available in the start menu. Without it, the game freezes when I pick the pokeball. My script doesn't work.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Thank you!
I also have another question. How would I script it so that when you choose a Pokemon, the "Pokemon" option is available in the start menu. Without it, the game freezes when I pick the pokeball. My script doesn't work.

Spoiler:

"setflag 0x828" will activate the Pokémon menu for you, although I'm sure the lack-off doesn't normally cause freezing.

Remember if you have further problems you can ask in the Script Help Thread (a few below this one).

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
Years
I've been trying to get bridges into a Fire Red rom and through following a few guides I've inserted some bridge tiles from emerald and edited the block behavior data along with using '3C' as the movement permission. For some reason though the character still walks over the bridge when it should walk under, everything else works as it should though.

thanethane98

Self Proclaimed Expert
Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2013
I've been trying to create stairs using Advance Map for awhile now, but they don't seem to work. I made sure that the warp was set to the right location and I've put it on the same block used by other stair-warps, but it just doesn't work. Do I need to set a certain movement permission for stairs?

redriders180

Years
I've been trying to get bridges into a Fire Red rom and through following a few guides I've inserted some bridge tiles from emerald and edited the block behavior data along with using '3C' as the movement permission. For some reason though the character still walks over the bridge when it should walk under, everything else works as it should though.

The bridge tiles need to have a background byte of 00, so that they cover the hero when they walk normally under it, and not $20, block is covered by hero. The bridge itself needs to be covered in 3C movement permissions, of course. The upper part of the bridge, on both sides of the bridge, needs to have movement permissions of 10. Example in the spoiler.

Spoiler:

I've been trying to create stairs using Advance Map for awhile now, but they don't seem to work. I made sure that the warp was set to the right location and I've put it on the same block used by other stair-warps, but it just doesn't work. Do I need to set a certain movement permission for stairs?

What exactly is going wrong? Freezing, black screen, refusing to warp?

thanethane98

Self Proclaimed Expert
Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2013
What exactly is going wrong? Freezing, black screen, refusing to warp?
It's refusing to warp. I've tried searching for a way to solve it, and I've tried quite a few different things to resolve the issue, but nothing's worked. The warp isn't working. Also, I've set up warps for things such as doors without any issues. I'm only having a problem with stairs.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
Thanks guys, getting XSE now.

I've started opening some tools I already downloaded, but there's this one that refuses to open: CyclonePrototype. I get an error everytime. I've tried every solution I've searched for, but none of them work. Is there a way someone can reupload it with the right files it needs to run (the one I downloaded had just the program), or tell me if there's another program that does everything Cyclone does?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back