Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Pokémon Essentials

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

Old June 17th, 2012 (05:01 PM).
jakekausler
Pokemon Moonstone Co-Creator

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to jakekausler
How can I upgrade Pokemon Essentials to the new version? I am currently running the December 24 release (v. 4) and I want to upgrade to version 7.
Old June 18th, 2012 (12:29 AM).
Elyssia

Nature: Gentle
How I done that with the maps, I copy and paste it into the latest release and manually converted edited scripts, Connected maps, custom pokemon and other files. (Just to be sure everything goes fine during the upgrade)
Might take some time though till everything's back to normal as it should be since there a lot of changes done between version 4 and version 7.
Also you need to be careful with the trainers database, it might give you a few errors while converting.
Take a close look into the error, and it should all be clear which ',' causes the crash.
If you're out of ideas, I am sure others are willing to help you out whenever you're encounter an issue during the upgrade <3
Old June 18th, 2012 (03:30 AM).
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

Make sure to delete your old game file! The Downloads page of the wiki is very clear about this.
Old June 18th, 2012 (09:12 AM).
jakekausler
Pokemon Moonstone Co-Creator

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to jakekausler
Thank you! Luckily I have only mapped and added graphics plus a couple of scripts. We are getting maps out of the way before the events and coding
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links