The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 17th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild

Advertise here
http://www.filb.de/forum/showthread....050#post461050
From the trailer of Best Wishes second two it revealed several of Ash pokemon back at Oaks lab. Most notable his long lost Primeape that we haven't heard from since Season 1. For me that is so exciting to see all of them but I do still hope Ash somehow meets up with Butterfree and Pidgeot if all the gang is going to get back together.

So do you see Ash reunited with a lot of them through out Best Wishes 2?
Do you see them being utilized either in World Tournament or Unova League?
Which Pokemon of Ashs are you hoping to see the most?

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old June 18th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Nature: Naughty
This is probably just to satisfy the cravings of the old fans. I predict that the old Pokemon will see some action in the World Tournament so the writers can focus on the newer Pokemon for the Unova league.

As always I'm hoping to see more of Torkoal, but I really hope good ol' Charizard will get a nice battle in as well. It looks like that just might happen, given his prominence in that short little scene. I expect him to be incredibly powerful; God knows how long he's been training. I'd like to see Pokemon such as Muk, Kingler, and Primeape fight as well.

Paired to cr4y

Old June 18th, 2012, 01:40 AM
Plasmette
Master of Mediocrity.

Hah! The anime acts as if Glalie is a good Pokemon...hehe, silly writers.

but oh my god CHARIZARD. Hey maybe they're actually gonna try making something good this time.
Old June 18th, 2012, 02:30 AM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I am so excited we're seeing Ash's old Pokemon again... especially Primeape and Kingler, who haven't appeared since the Original series.

Not to mention the iconic Charizard is back!

Thanks writers, you made me want to watch Best Wishes 2 even more thanks to this new opening.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | credit | supporter

Old June 18th, 2012, 03:03 AM
curiousnathan
woop woop

Nature: Careful
Ugh, I hated charizard and its attitude during the Original Series, and now that it may be back, yet again! The Pokemon Ash hasn't even brought out again from The Orginal Series should be returning not charizard who has already made a few comebacks. It makes it so stale. :<
Old June 18th, 2012, 03:59 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
ahifdshgfisf PRIMEAPE. Pidgeot has to come back. It must. This has given me new hope I'm so excited now omg.

As for seeing them through BW 2. Maybe... I can see them returning mostly for the tournament, not as much through the main adventure. Depending on what comes first. Since it isn't clear where Ash will go now. Something could detour him off his adventure and to east Unova. I hope not because I want the league over and done with. I don't think he'll use old Pokemon for the league. I'm hoping to see his really old Kanto Pokemon. I'm also hoping for some evolution to happen between his Pokemon. Bayleef and Quilava should evolve, imo. Or if not Quilava just Bayleef. And Squirtle.
Old June 18th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Charicific
PkMn Trainer

Nature: Modest
It keeps getting better and better...I-I think I'm gonna cry ;( My wishes came true. It truly is a Best Wishes series ;(
Charizard was the only thing I had in mind, and there he was. I can't express my gratefulness to those story writers.

Since it's Eastern Unova we are talking about (isn't it?), I have no doubt his old Pokemon are coming back to fight for him. I don't know which specifically...but Charizard MUST be there >:(
Old June 18th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

So do you see Ash reunited with a lot of them through out Best Wishes 2?
Of course it is yet to be seen what capacity his past pokemon will be used it would seem perfect stage to have several of them reappear and aid Ash in this or maybe even the league later on. I'd love to see pokemon like Gible appear off and on through out the season though. I think if they would appear too much it would take away from development of his current team.

Do you see them being utilized either in World Tournament or Unova League?
I can see a majority of them being utilized in this tournament namely old pokemon that haven't seen screen time or battle time in years. Unova League though I have more of a feeling his 10 pokemon he currently has is a fine enough of a rotation.

Which Pokemon of Ashs are you hoping to see the most?
Primeape, since I have literally not seen this guy in over a decade. I thought he was lost forever after the years had pasted. So I am eager to see him again and how he will match up when used since I strongly believe he will be utilized. I'd like to see Torterra redeem himself from all the loses he incurred since evolving. He needs a signature win already and I hope he gets one.

Old June 18th, 2012, 04:54 PM
WildEagle
Call me, Your Royal Freshness

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to WildEagle Send a message via Skype™ to WildEagle
ASDFGHJKL is that Primeape? After long years of training, is it finally coming back?

Scraggy and Primeape interacting will be epic. Scraggy trying to headbutt Primeape, then Primeape goes Mike Tyson on poor Scraggy. Or we can have:
Boxingape vs SupersaiyanApe *drools*
Old June 18th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Mighty Earth Sage
Beginning Trainer

Was that Lance's Dragonite in that video?
Old June 18th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Earth Sage View Post
There is no confirmation either way. But it would seem highly unlikely. All we have seen is brief clips of it versus a Hydregion. Most likely just an Iris development episode.

Lance may have a connect with World Tournament though as he is confirmed to be in it within the games. If you wish to discussion Lance or any other characters not Ash then you can do so here http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=282562

Old June 18th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Mighty Earth Sage
Beginning Trainer

I am glad to see Primeape back though although I'm still hoping Lapras, Butterfree, and Pidgeot return eventually.
Old June 18th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

At least with Butterfree and Lapras they had Cameos since their depature. Pidgeot for all we know is still stuck in Viridian Forest. Just like prior to this for all we knew Primeape was still off training. I sure hope he reunites with everyone at some point. Still glad to see Primeape.

Old June 18th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Mighty Earth Sage
Beginning Trainer

Butterfree had a cameo? When? O.o
Old June 18th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Quote:
Butterfree had a cameo? When? O.o
Not really cameo per say, but it appeared in one of the openings "Spurt", but I'd actually like to see an episode appearance out of it. Although I don't see much that it would actually bring to the table as I never really saw Butterfree as that strong of a pokemon.

Old June 19th, 2012, 01:09 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
No. That Dragonite will be wild one and will be doing chaos.
But it may join Satoshi or Iris or even Shirona since Dragonite was on the Best Wishes 2 poster.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old June 19th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
I was beyond surprise when I noticed Primeape in there, I didn't even recognise it was in there at first, as I was wondering what Charizard was doing there. But this certainly does speak volumes for future episodes. You've all pretty much gone into discussion about others such as Pidgeot hopefully returning.

This does give me a sense of continuity also, as there must be a reason why they'd have decided now to be the time to bring back Primeape and Charizard. Of course there is the league looming in on us soon, it's still a little interesting that they've recognised use for Charizard in the league, and Primeape. I'm just really excited now. The pace really interests me too. I haven't check but I'm sure there's been tones of speculation on a Champions League.

Old June 19th, 2012, 03:47 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Wow, it's hard to believe that Primeape is coming back after around all those years. It's also good to see all of Ash's old Pokemon making a comeback later on. Who knows, Ash might rotate some of his old Pokemon in to his Unova team for the World Tournament.

Old June 19th, 2012, 05:28 PM
ingcoliptis
Best Pokémon Breeder NA 2014

Nature: Impish
i would love to see that!

and on the note of Butterfree...

Spoiler:
it isn't presented in the American anime, but in Japan Dexter says that when Butterfree mate, they die...

guess they don't believe in American children to be mature.

(i apologize if this reply was awkward)
IGN: Ing
My Trade Reference Page!
Old June 21st, 2012, 06:03 AM
Railgun
Ever Day Another New Adventure

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Railgun
I'd love Ash to bring his older Pokemon back not just for battles but like how he rotates his Unova team. So we get like interesting team matches for every few episodes. I mean now that the main games are done in the anime it would work fine. For example Primeape could act as a teacher to Scraggy.
Old June 21st, 2012, 11:53 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
The writers actually remembered that Ash had a Primeape! Yup, I'm totally late to the party here. This gives me some hope that if some of Ash's old Pokémon do get called upon for the World Tournament though, that somehow Primeape will be called upon too. It'd be great to see him after so long of thinking that the writers forgot about him, along with Pidgeot and Butterfree. Although, by the looks of it, I don't think we might get to see Pidgeot make an appearance, much less Butterfree. Which makes sense I guess, since it'd be hard to get in touch with them since Ash more or less let them go on their own rather than with someone.

Also, I agree with Kirbychu. I can see the writers bringing in some of Ash's old Pokémon for the World Tournament so they can then later focus on Ash's Unova team for the League. I would like to see some of the lesser used Pokémon come back among Primeape of course. It's always exciting though whenever any of Ash's old Pokémon that we haven't seen in so long come back. Maybe we'll even get another evolution like we got with Cyndaquil in Sinnoh. I'd like that.
Old June 21st, 2012, 02:23 PM
Renegade1
#1 Noob!

Nature: Serious
Oh this news has gotten me excited :D

Primeape is gonna be such a badass, he's gonna gonna go Ape-.

Old June 22nd, 2012, 12:46 AM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by ingcoliptis View Post
i would love to see that!

and on the note of Butterfree...

Spoiler:
it isn't presented in the American anime, but in Japan Dexter says that when Butterfree mate, they die...

guess they don't believe in American children to be mature.

(i apologize if this reply was awkward)
Luckily, that was just a translation error made by some fans that spread like wildfire. As far as we know, Ash's Butterfree is alive and well and even appeared in the Japanese opening "Spurt".

Paired to cr4y

Old July 10th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Shootingace
Lord

Ash's pokemon are returning! I want Charizard to return and rip through everyone.

Hacks i strongly recommend:
Old August 7th, 2012, 04:07 AM
Polizard
Awesome Trainer

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmette View Post
Hah! The anime acts as if Glalie is a good Pokemon...hehe, silly writers.

but oh my god CHARIZARD. Hey maybe they're actually gonna try making something good this time.
I love Glalie, Its a bad competitive pokemon like really bad, but for some reason i think it is awesome. Yeah I enjoy old Pokemon being brought back but i hope they get some actually screen time, not like last time where most of the pokemon just appeared played with ash for about 3 minutes and were not seen again.

Pokémon Friend Code: 3754-6716-8065
Not Sure of the Pokémon in my friend Safari.

Last edited by Polizard; August 7th, 2012 at 04:11 AM. Reason: Minor Edit, left out a word.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here