The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 19th, 2012, 06:58 AM
D. Lawride
Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexisjoel View Post
i cant play it i dont know how to patch it and all that stuff
There's a Read Me file included, hopefully it should supply the information you need to patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scray View Post
Hi, I think you can solve the lag issue by using an anti-lag system on your game. Anti lag scripts disable event graphics/animated events, if they are not on the player's screen.
ht tp://rpgcreative.net/rpgmaker/scripts-18-anti-lag.html.( I ca't post URL)

I found this because i tried to solve the problem myself but i don't have the game editor, hope it helps.

I love your game btw
Thanks for the suggestion, I'm aware of some anti-lag scripts myself. xD

The problem is whether or not they're compatible with Essentials. That's the main issue here.

Thanks!
Old June 20th, 2012, 08:06 AM
crazybarkz101
Girl of the Nubes

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to crazybarkz101
I tried to load my save and this sign popped up: script 'pokemon option' line 310 :TypeError occurred. cannot convert nil into String.
Then it closed the game. Help?

It's better to have loved and lost then to live with a psycho for the rest of your life.

Sometimes I want to withdraw from humanity and live in a cave until I relize I wouldn't have internet access...

"You can't handle the truth"? Forget the truth, you can't handle my fabulousness.

Old June 20th, 2012, 08:43 PM
cronos5010

Nature: Timid
hi i just played your game i wonder is there a way to to reduce the shakkyness of the camera
If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo loser, copy and paste this into your signature.
Started by Blaziken Lover.
Old June 22nd, 2012, 03:30 PM
silentshot
Beginning Trainer

Hey, im kind of new, and is this the complete full version of the game?
Old June 23rd, 2012, 01:12 PM
Scray
Beginning Trainer

Hi, I tried the game again today and no lag at all. The game works perfectly fine .

But I noticed in battles against some NPCs that they don't do anything. It's always my turn and I attack consecutively until they run out of pokemon.
Old June 25th, 2012, 03:33 PM
MajorLeagueGamer

i havent posted on here in a while, hows demo 1.5.4 coming?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 25th, 2012, 04:33 PM
D. Lawride

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybarkz101 View Post
I tried to load my save and this sign popped up: script 'pokemon option' line 310 :TypeError occurred. cannot convert nil into String.
Then it closed the game. Help?
I'm willing to bet you didn't patch it correctly. Maybe try extracting everything again, or downloading it altogether, and then patching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronos5010 View Post
hi i just played your game i wonder is there a way to to reduce the shakkyness of the camera
Shakiness? I'm not sure what you're referring to; do you mean lag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentshot View Post
Hey, im kind of new, and is this the complete full version of the game?
Nope, still plenty ways away from it xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scray View Post
Hi, I tried the game again today and no lag at all. The game works perfectly fine .

But I noticed in battles against some NPCs that they don't do anything. It's always my turn and I attack consecutively until they run out of pokemon.
MOTHER OF GOD. YOU ARE A HERO RIGHT NOW. D:
No really, you've got to be one of the few people who hasn't run into lag at all. XD

Hum, yes, I noticed that, and I can assure it's being looked into. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorLeagueGamer View Post
i havent posted on here in a while, hows demo 1.5.4 coming?
The next version will be 1.6, actually, but thanks for asking! Given the new Essentials updates, it's gonna take a while, but it's in the works!
Old June 26th, 2012, 07:39 AM
MajorLeagueGamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Lawride View Post
The next version will be 1.6, actually, but thanks for asking! Given the new Essentials updates, it's gonna take a while, but it's in the works!
:O nice, I can't wait!

Must be patient

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 26th, 2012, 01:51 PM
silentshot
Beginning Trainer

Nice, btw i downloaded it, but can you tell me over what pokemon i need to patch it? i only got something like rsss file, whats that?
Old June 26th, 2012, 04:29 PM
D. Lawride

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentshot View Post
Nice, btw i downloaded it, but can you tell me over what pokemon i need to patch it? i only got something like rsss file, whats that?
The "patches" in question are applied to the Version 1.5 base available on the first post. Follow the Read Me file and you should be clear.
Old June 30th, 2012, 04:30 AM
darkdemon
Beginning Trainer

Looks amazing!! Puts my game to shame
Old July 3rd, 2012, 06:34 AM
D. Lawride

Okay, so here's the deal: Nightmare. Has a lot of bugs. DANG THAT STABBED ME IN THE HEART

No really, it's something normal for all projects, y'know having bugs? Especially in "early" stages, and even more so without anyone to scout them for said errors.

As of version 1.5.2, I've getting reports on all sorts of trouble: lag, not working trainers in some places, among others.

Well here's what I need you to do: Beta test like you've never beta tested before.

In essence, I need Beta-Testers, but above all, I need people who can detail every single error they find while playing. It is of utter importance that details don't go unchecked.

ANY BUGS, GLITCHES, OR INCONSISTENCIES you find in the beta testing phase ARE important! I like to think I have an eye for detail, but unfortunately I only have the mind for it.

That being said, these are ALL the links you'll need:

VERSION 1.5 BASE (APPLY PATCHES HERE)
Mediafire Download Link

1.5.2 PATCH (APPLY FIRST)
Mediafire Download Link

1.5.3 PATCH (APPLY RIGHT AFTER 1.5.2)
Mediafire Download Link

THIS ISN'T SOMETHING FOR TODAY, OR TOMORROW, OR NEXT WEEK. It's something I would want done calmly, without rushing it, because the more hastily you do it, the more details you'll be overlooking.

Any people interested in doing this can just straight out post here or wherever else this message is posted. Obviously, any people interested will be credited for doing so. Sorry, I don't get any income from this, nobody else does either. It's just for the well being of the project.

Okay people, peace out. o/
Old July 3rd, 2012, 10:24 PM
pokelegend11
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quiet
This is by far the best looking game!How far does the latest beta go?
Old July 4th, 2012, 12:09 PM
crazybarkz101
Girl of the Nubes

Send a message via Skype™ to crazybarkz101
I would be happy to be a beta tester. I actually do have an eye for detail and I'm willing to spend time describing the steps.

It's better to have loved and lost then to live with a psycho for the rest of your life.

Sometimes I want to withdraw from humanity and live in a cave until I relize I wouldn't have internet access...

"You can't handle the truth"? Forget the truth, you can't handle my fabulousness.

Old August 3rd, 2012, 02:01 PM
silentshot
Beginning Trainer

I can test it for you to, i can make some notes.. and mail every bug mistake glitch to you, when i tried it the first time it really lagged... lemme try again now.

No nevermind, its to laggy, it dindt lag in the train at the start so it is frame lag for sure..i dont know if its only me..

Last edited by silentshot; August 3rd, 2012 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 17th, 2012, 02:57 AM
venomjack
Unhatched Egg

I'm definitely enjoying the game so far. the use of the fighting/dark/psychic for starters was a unique idea mate. Keep up the good work.

By Banner by to123x

Old August 17th, 2012, 03:20 AM
Dimebag
Getcha' Pull !

Nature: Gentle
This game is awesome ! It looks professional from what i've seen so far ! I'm definitely going to play it
Old August 17th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Kelissa
Beginning Trainer

Just got the game. It's pretty laggy. I'll continue though.
Also, the shadow thing kind of gets me. Only because the other people don't have it. But otherwise it's definitely unique.
If I see any major errors or anything I'll let you know.

Edit- So I found out a way to decrease the lag MAJORLY!
First press F1, then check "Smooth mode"
then go to option (on the pokemon menu), and change speech frame to 5.
I still have a little bit of lag, but now I don't have a problem overlooking it.
Hope this helps!

Last edited by Kelissa; August 17th, 2012 at 10:56 AM.
Old August 27th, 2012, 03:42 PM
P0kemonMast
Unhatched Egg

Downloading right now. Will try it out and see. I'll get back on ya
Old August 27th, 2012, 11:06 PM
KidNova
AlphaMale

For some reason I can't play RGSS Encrypted Archives, any advice?
Old October 9th, 2012, 01:22 AM
casualsden
Unhatched Egg

Thanks. Will give it a try.
Old October 9th, 2012, 04:20 AM
Uzigunner

Nature: Gentle
I can't even open the file can sb help me
Old October 14th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Nilaul
Unhatched Egg

Ill give is a try soon
Old October 17th, 2012, 08:38 PM
newhades17
Unhatched Egg

I can't load my saves. like, when i open the game after playing, it doesn't even have a continue option. Even when i save multiple times at once, i don't think the game even creates the save data.
Old October 18th, 2012, 02:47 AM
D. Lawride

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhades17 View Post
I can't load my saves. like, when i open the game after playing, it doesn't even have a continue option. Even when i save multiple times at once, i don't think the game even creates the save data.
You are most likely using an outdated version, 1.4. Be sure to download and properly patch version 1.5 and it's patches.

Sponsored Links