• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]In Game Events/Gifts

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
So far, some in-game events/gifts have been revealed.

Confirmed:
*You are given a Zorua owned by N. It is #151 in the Unova Dex and is at Level 25.
*Cobalion is on Route 13 in Unova.
*You can find an area with a Minccino with its Hidden Ability of Skill Link. It is found at Level 20 and is 109 in the Unova Dex and is found in the Hidden Burrow.
*Virizion is also randomly found in Unova on Route 11.
*Terrakion is found on Route 22.
*The player can also receive N's Sigilyph.
*Eevee is available from a person in Castelia with it's hidden ability.
*You seem to get a Deerling with its Hidden Ability; Serene Grace, within the game. It's Level 30 and female.
*After defeating Banjirou in Black City or White Forest, you get a shiny Gible from Banjirou in Alder's house.
*The guy from BW returns and he gives you one of the fossils from Generation 1-4.
*The Magikarp Salesman returns of Marvelous Bridge, and sells you nothing but a Magikarp at Lvl. 5.
*After you defeat the E4 for the first time, Lenora gives you the choice of either the Cover Fossil or the Plume Fossil, giving access to Tirtouga and Archen.

Do you like any of the events; unconfirmed or confirmed?
I like being able to get a Zorua without needing an event of trading with someone who did the event.

Credit:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Like I said in one of the threads, I highly doubt the shiny Patrat is guaranteed. Whoever caught it and posted the screenshot was just lucky, I guess.

And I'm really happy about the Zorua; I'm glad I don't have to get it from an event.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Like I said in one of the threads, I highly doubt the shiny Patrat is guaranteed. Whoever caught it and posted the screenshot was just lucky, I guess.

And I'm really happy about the Zorua; I'm glad I don't have to get it from an event.

Actually, if you look at the scans Serebii posted yesterday at look at the 'Route 19 & Sangi Town' scan you can see in the bottom left corner that the Patrat is always shiny.

Cid

Years
Zorua. <3 I finally get to have one in my team. :D This giddiness reminds me of the Eevee from GSC and the Riolu from DPPt.

Also, a readily available Skill Link Mincinno sounds lovely. About the unconfirmed Pokémon, I'm not that concerned with how real they are. Um, firstly Deerling doesn't have enough Serene Grace-y moves if I remember correctly, unless B2W2 remedies that. And if ever the shiny Patrat were legitimately available as the first encounter, I'd catch one and never let it evolve. Blue looks better than any of the shiny Watchog's colors, after all.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I think they just put the Shiny Patrat in there to show it off for the Magazine.

Deerling is very well possible kinda like the Musharna and Darmanitan from Black and White.

I have a quarter of a Million Zorua so I don't really care about N's XD

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
Well i only had 1 zoruark and it was a pain to capture(had to hack my heartgold to obtain the movie suicune) after i hack heartgold crashed :/

So to avoid all that trouble for zorua i never gotten it again, now i fricken ecstatic that i could get it in-game

The others i have no feelings for

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I'm happy for all those who did not get the Crown Beast events nor did they have Wifi to trade for Zorua. Now they get one within the game. Pretty funny how the Musketeers are just setting in the middle of routes.

Apparently you can receive N Sigilyph, seems quite a generous guy.

Skillah

Pokemon Fan since 2001.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 17, 2022
Zorua. <3 I finally get to have one in my team. :D This giddiness reminds me of the Eevee from GSC and the Riolu from DPPt.

Also, a readily available Skill Link Mincinno sounds lovely. About the unconfirmed Pokémon, I'm not that concerned with how real they are. Um, firstly Deerling doesn't have enough Serene Grace-y moves if I remember correctly, unless B2W2 remedies that. And if ever the shiny Patrat were legitimately available as the first encounter, I'd catch one and never let it evolve. Blue looks better than any of the shiny Watchog's colors, after all.

I agree. Blue Patrats look MUCH BETTER. I hate it when one of the evolved forms has a better shiny form.

Also, about the zorua. I have a box full of them. I'm breeding them, to get a shiny one. So if you want one, pm me. We'll work out a deal (:

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
I doubt there will be a 100% shiny Patrat. It just doesn't make any sense why they would include that. Otherwise I'm pretty happy with all of these Pokémon, it means there will be a lot of Pokémon available for me to RNG.

Hey maybe the shiny encounter rate is aproved in you catch the 100% shiny patrat to show off that

Maybe just maybe

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
The Shiny Patrat is proably just a rumor, or the one playing the game at the time got lucky and caught a shiny Patrat and decided to show it off in the Magizine...

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
Hooray, a free Zorua! I wonder whether we'll be able to name it. I want one so bad, and I had to trade for one. So if it's so early my Zorua will be an integral part of my team, then.

Years
Am curious towards the in-game trades other than the mentioned one involving Ampharos. Get more use out of them than stationaries usually.

Honorable mention goes out to MIMIEN, DUX, CH'DING, Kenya, PLUSLE (OT: DUKING), ZYNX, Lillil, and Charap.

Years
Now there seems to be a Pidove gift in addition to the Zorua and Sigilyph. I hope it knows some special moves if not it's proably the least attractive of the gifts so far.

Vsjester13

Former battler
Years
Maybe the shiny patrat is meant to be like the Red Gyarados in GSC/HGSS just adding my 2 cents to that.

YAY ZOURA IN-GAME THANK YOU GAMEFREAK FOR MAKING IT A NON EVENT :D

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Since it was in a Magazine and there are like four people leaking the game info to us and not one of them confirmed the Shiny Patrat thing, I think that was just to show off a new Pokedex feature. There was defiantly info by the patrat that wasn't translated for us.

Years
Since it was in a Magazine and there are like four people leaking the game info to us and not one of them confirmed the Shiny Patrat thing, I think that was just to show off a new Pokedex feature. There was defiantly info by the patrat that wasn't translated for us.
I agree with this. We proably would've heard confirmation on this by now if it was true.

Back