• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen [Spoiler]TM Changes

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years

Yeah but Focus Blast has no weather to enhance it, whereas the others do. :x Just maybe an increase of 10% would be amazing so it matches Fire Blast, at least. :(

Focus Blast should get a small boost IMO as well. The accuracy sucks on it, and like what you said, no weather enhances it, so an accuracy boost seems to be good.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Four TMs have been confirmed in B2W2 and so far they are still the same. You also get these four in the beginning of the game which is pretty cool.

TM 09 Venoshock from Homika
TM 21 Frustration from an In game event
TM 27 Return from Bianca
TM 83 Work Up from Cheren

No changes so far.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Return early on is awesome for things like Sawsbuck. n_n As for the other two, unfortunately not over exciting, but Return is still good for Lillipup so I'm fine w/ that.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Return be epiiiic. Venoshock is pretty neat, too! I hope they do get rid of Incinerate. :c
I hate that move. So useless as time goes on anywhere past CILAN.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
They should at least increase incinerate's powers ( they supposedly changes a types strengths and weaknesses so why not change a tm's power?) to make it slightly more useful like 40 damage.

Years
Before now, I would have said that TM changes were an impossibility. Up to Gen IV, TMs were holdable items, and so they would cause compatibility issues between games if they were traded. However, since TMs are permanent/non-tradeable in Black/White, I think they could easily make some changes in B2W2.

I also like the confirmed TMs so far, as they're pretty good to have at such an early stage in the game, and should prove useful for some of the crappy moves some Gen V Pokemon have..

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
TM 55 Scald (Given by Shizui)
TM 94 Snarl (Unknown gift)

Both of these were confirmed to be in the game.

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
Well we do know Fireblast,Thunder, and Blizzard are coming back they been in every game since RBY
But, i wonder what the hms would be and if we still hace dive there better be better diving places than B/W mediocre diving places

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Well we do know Fireblast,Thunder, and Blizzard are coming back they been in every game since RBY
But, i wonder what the hms would be and if we still hace dive there better be better diving places than B/W mediocre diving places

The only Diving place that was in Unova is gone now I think. The Abyssal Ruins isn't on the map anymore so we may lose Dive as an HM. Or we could keep it in place of changing out to Whirlpool seeing as both of those would be useless in the story...but I can't see us not having our 8 HMs and don't see anything else coming back in unless they have places you can use Rock Climb on and have Dive spread out as a Level up Move?

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
I also see Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, and Ice Beam as TMs again.
Them three moves are like staples in Pokemon and in the TMs

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
It really doesn't look like any TMs are changing so far. Pokebeach just found Thief and Rock Smash.

TM46 Thief is on the ground at the Combine. If you defeat three workers, you also get TM94 Rock Smash.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
With all of the Move Tutors, it'd almost be completely pointless to make any changes to the TM roster. I mean, you have almost everything in the metagame covered via TM/HM.
I'm a little upset that Scald, my favorite move, is obtained after so long in the game, though. :c

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
TM 28 Dig
TM 39 Rock Tomb
TM 70 Flash
TM 72 Volt Switch
TM 76 Struggle Bug
TM 78 Bulldoze

These have been confirmed.

Back