The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 21st, 2012, 06:12 AM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful

Advertise here
I wonder if they are going to make it so you can only bring in a certain number of Pokes into batte? Like the anime? Because they all have three pokemon, so it would make sense.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old June 21st, 2012, 08:04 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
I am so in love with Shizui's Team. I'm gonna have my Jellicent battle his in a mathc of love. <3
didn't see Wailirs coming, which is totally beast mode. And he gives you Scald! Yay! I love the selection of everyone elses Pokemon as well. This is going to be fun!
Old June 21st, 2012, 08:33 AM
Aquarius1997
The Horoscopical Master

Nature: Quirky
^ wow jellicent battle ibn a maghik of love hilarious

Thats fricken awesome thatthe teams are highpowered more of a
Challenge
Still disappointed over three pokemon but its alright

The Aquarius loves a party. Anytime, anywhere is their motto. It is not unlikely that an Aquarius will consider a wake a good place to meet chicks. Aquarians love to be naked. It is even better if they are naked and crocked. Froot Loops is a very Aquarian cereal. So is Rice Krispies, since it will engage in a friendly chat with the Aquarian as he or she is eating breakfast. Count Chocula is off-limits, however. It belongs to the Scorpios. Aquarians use the phrase "Dude, man..." frequently when describing philosophical concepts. Aquarians have out-of-body experiences on a daily basis. If you are talking to an Aquarian and he or she zones out, consider the conversation hopeless. He or she is talking to the guy three feet away from you. Aquarians are fun because they channel people. Plus, if you tell them to, they will run around naked. Aquarians like astronomy because they've been to all those places. If you want to know what the food is like on Saturn, ask an Aquarius. Aquarians can allow themselves every possible vice on the planet, and don't think twice about it. That is why they piss everyone else off. They are cosmically entitled to do this.
Old June 21st, 2012, 08:38 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
The level jump is going to be hard. I barely beat the league last time when they were all level 50. ;;
Old June 21st, 2012, 09:00 AM
Aquarius1997
The Horoscopical Master

Nature: Quirky
By the time i was at a gym or event my team was at or exceeded thier levels its probably because of the many tricks i do
-before i reach the first city, my starter has to be at least lv 10
-i battle EVERY trainer (even magikarp mans)
These make me overpowered so the level jump would not be a problem for me

The Aquarius loves a party. Anytime, anywhere is their motto. It is not unlikely that an Aquarius will consider a wake a good place to meet chicks. Aquarians love to be naked. It is even better if they are naked and crocked. Froot Loops is a very Aquarian cereal. So is Rice Krispies, since it will engage in a friendly chat with the Aquarian as he or she is eating breakfast. Count Chocula is off-limits, however. It belongs to the Scorpios. Aquarians use the phrase "Dude, man..." frequently when describing philosophical concepts. Aquarians have out-of-body experiences on a daily basis. If you are talking to an Aquarian and he or she zones out, consider the conversation hopeless. He or she is talking to the guy three feet away from you. Aquarians are fun because they channel people. Plus, if you tell them to, they will run around naked. Aquarians like astronomy because they've been to all those places. If you want to know what the food is like on Saturn, ask an Aquarius. Aquarians can allow themselves every possible vice on the planet, and don't think twice about it. That is why they piss everyone else off. They are cosmically entitled to do this.
Old June 21st, 2012, 09:22 AM
TheChaosBlue
Jump On Box For a Free Life!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to TheChaosBlue
Once I saw Drayden's team, I had a smile on my face. Then moving on to Shizui's....holy hell his team is on par with the E4 in the previous games. I generally like the level spike, shows that there may be lots of training and battling to be done to get to those levels.

Still miffed about the three Pokemon thing, but it consistency towards BW1 I'm guessing.
Old June 21st, 2012, 09:27 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSonic View Post
Once I saw Drayden's team, I had a smile on my face. Then moving on to Shizui's....holy hell his team is on par with the E4 in the previous games. I generally like the level spike, shows that there may be lots of training and battling to be done to get to those levels.

Still miffed about the three Pokemon thing, but it consistency towards BW1 I'm guessing.
Consistency period is what i'm loving about the Gyms. I'm so excited about everyone's teams and levels.
That level spike is ridiculous! There must be some type of event between the gyms that allows for training to get to those levels.
Old June 21st, 2012, 09:29 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Shizui's team sounds strong...Jellicent is going to proably be his hardest Pokemon to beat.

This level jump is higher than previous games, guess there's going to be alot of training before hand for me.
Old June 21st, 2012, 09:35 AM
TheChaosBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellicent♀ View Post
Consistency period is what i'm loving about the Gyms. I'm so excited about everyone's teams and levels.
That level spike is ridiculous! There must be some type of event between the gyms that allows for training to get to those levels.
Exactly; I'm excited for the battles now. shows that there is continuity since some of the returning Gym Leaders did have level raises in the Pokemon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Shizui's team sounds strong...Jellicent is going to proably be his hardest Pokemon to beat.

This level jump is higher than previous games, guess there's going to be alot of training before hand for me.
That is what I'm hoping for.
Old June 21st, 2012, 09:41 AM
Community Supporter

Are there screenshots for their gym puzzles? I'm curious to see what Burgh, Clay, and Drayden came up with.
Yay for the non under leveled Haxorus .
Old June 21st, 2012, 09:43 AM
TheChaosBlue

Quote:
Are there screenshots for their gym puzzles? I'm curious to see what Burgh, Clay, and Drayden came up with.
Yay for the non under leveled Haxorus .
As of right now, no unfortunately.
Old June 21st, 2012, 10:04 AM
Community Supporter

By the way what town was Snizui's gym in?
I hope they announce they have rematches. I hope Cheren has a Slacking.
Old June 21st, 2012, 10:06 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Anything will be better than Drayden's old puzzle. I HATE THAT SO MUCH. What made it worse was that it would reset if you left the gym! ):< I also wasn't a huge fan of Clay's. Hoping it's a little shorter now. Burgh's was okay, but a change would be nice. Since none of his Pokemon had any relation with honey it was quite weird.

Quote:
By the way what town was Snizui's gym in?
I hope they announce they have rematches. I hope Cheren has a Slacking.
You battle Cheren again at the world tourney. He has Stoutland, Cinccino and Watchog. Pretty boring tbh. And it hasn't been mentioned yet. My guess is one of the towns one the east of Unova. Probably Undella since it's surrounded by water.

Last edited by Perrie ✿; June 21st, 2012 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 21st, 2012, 10:16 AM
TheChaosBlue

There's footage of Burgh's Gym puzzle on Youtube....it's....peculiar to say the least. It's like some cacoon transportation thing....

Oh, and it's much larger. And from what I noticing, the music in his gym is radically different.
Old June 21st, 2012, 10:37 AM
XSky RiderX
'That Guy'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSonic View Post
There's footage of Burgh's Gym puzzle on Youtube....it's....peculiar to say the least. It's like some cacoon transportation thing....

Oh, and it's much larger. And from what I noticing, the music in his gym is radically different.
Yeah, I just watched that. Very interesting to say the least.

Seems that we'll be seeing Harlequins again in his gym. Also, with the new gym music, which is real soothing-sounded, I'm curious to see if all of the other gyms will be receiving new music instead of the standard music that they had for every one of them. I think it's more than likely, honestly.

Also, not a fan of Burgh's team. Vespiquen would have been a perfect addition seeing as it's making an appearance to the game's pokedex.
Old June 21st, 2012, 10:58 AM
TheChaosBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSky RiderX View Post
Yeah, I just watched that. Very interesting to say the least.

Seems that we'll be seeing Harlequins again in his gym. Also, with the new gym music, which is real soothing-sounded, I'm curious to see if all of the other gyms will be receiving new music instead of the standard music that they had for every one of them. I think it's more than likely, honestly.

Also, not a fan of Burgh's team. Vespiquen would have been a perfect addition seeing as it's making an appearance to the game's pokedex.
Judging by Burgh's Gym, hope of varied Gym Music is a possibility.

And wow, Vespiquen's is in the Pokedex....that's a missed opportunity. Just swap out Dwebble for it and there's a better challenge in my opinion.
Old June 21st, 2012, 11:09 AM
Community Supporter

I would've replaced his Swadloon seeing how he already has Leavanny for the Vespiquen.
Cheren's tournament team is alright, not the best though...
Old June 21st, 2012, 11:12 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Quote:
I would've replaced his Swadloon seeing how he already has Leavanny for the Vespiquen.
Cheren's tournament team is alright, not the best though...
I kind of like it. I don't like Burgh in general, but it just feels like a Misty team. Staryu and Starmie, Swadloon and Leavanny.
Old June 21st, 2012, 12:42 PM
pikalax
Beginning Trainer

Most English players will be confused if they don't change the music in the second gym for the US/EU releases. You know, the one that goes "D-O-G-A-R-S, Dogars!"? It might turn into something like "K, O, F-F-I, N, G - Koffing!"

Banner by yours truly.
Old June 21st, 2012, 12:56 PM
Community Supporter

I guess she gave up being a gym leader to focus on the fossil business.
Old June 21st, 2012, 01:10 PM
XSky RiderX
'That Guy'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmotone8 View Post

Anyone got a link to that vid? Also according to Serebii, Iris is champ! :O

Link of the video with Burgh's new gym design. Also, from looking at that guy's playlist, he's also made a video with Homika's gym, which too has new music. So I'm 99% sure we'll be seeing new music for the rest of the gyms.
Old June 21st, 2012, 01:19 PM
Community Supporter

I like Burgh's new puzzle, way better than the old one, and even seems more difficult.
Old June 21st, 2012, 03:33 PM
XSky RiderX
'That Guy'

Well, it seems things are being leaked like crazy now. GCPM has uploaded a six-hour livestream video of gameplay from Pokemon B2/W2. I didn't want to spoil the game for myself, so I just skimmed to all of the gyms, and it's now confirmed that each and every one of them have new puzzles(I'm not sure about Drayden's gym though) and new overworld music. Also, the gym battle music seems slightly different to me, too.

Last edited by XSky RiderX; June 21st, 2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old June 21st, 2012, 04:21 PM
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Lol, looking at the ridiculous things that people on YouTube are speculating about Iris is making me lol my head off. Team Galactic? WHAT THE CRAP? I mean really people get your facts straight!!

Anyway, I think Burgh's gym is interesting. It looks more industrial, which fits Castelia more. The cocoon things look kind of like beehives.
Old June 21st, 2012, 04:23 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
So apparently you battle iris in space. And she is apparently part of team galactic?!
link
I know this isn't a reliable source, but its interesting.
I wonder what role alder plays too.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here