The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 21st, 2012, 03:14 PM
Sydian
Reserved for Syd's house - Nook Homes

Nature: Timid

Advertise here
So what do you think? Are there any hints to remakes of the 3rd generation games, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald? Do you want a remake of these games? All these questions and more! Feel free to discuss the possibility of RSE remakes, what you'd like to see in them, things you feel hint at it, etc.

Do keep in mind, I'll be watching over this one more closely than the last. It got very hectic toward the end which caused me to lock it. So please know that discussing timeline, other games, anime, or anything else not closely related to the topic will be marked as spam and you will either receive a warning or infraction depending on how often it happens or how blatantly the rule is broken. It's fine to relate things to hints of the game, but please don't get off track with completely discussing other games or the anime. I will ban people from posting in the thread if things continue the way they did in the last, so please, let's not let that happen.

Get discussing!
Old June 21st, 2012, 03:17 PM
abnegation
proudly paired with adventure
Community Supporter

Without a shadow of a doubt in my mind we'll have R/S/E remakes. I haven't yet found a reason as to why they should not create the games once more. They'll be the next games to be released, Hoenn is the only region to not appear on the DS (from the main RPG series).

the internet is full of people who refuse to be nice to others
because they feel that this makes them superior
that's lame
Old June 21st, 2012, 03:33 PM
P0kelegend

After finding out that B2W2 has Latios/Latias and the Regi's, its kind of made me think that we actually won't go back to Hoenn until Gen VI now. I was one of the believers that we'll see it this gen, but now I don't think we'll see them until Gen VI.

If B2W2 has Groudon/Kyogre too, then I'd say its a lock in that we won't get the remakes this gen.
Old June 21st, 2012, 03:35 PM
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
I sure hope that we get some. However, everyone is begging for them to be on the 3ds which means I will never see them. I am never going to get a 3Ds...
Old June 21st, 2012, 03:52 PM
P0kelegend

I forgot to mention, I find the fact that a remix of the Hoenn trainer battle music is in B2W2 very odd. I would expect the Hoenn remixed gym leader theme to be in, because of the World Tournament.. but why is the trainer music in? Hm.

If you haven't heard it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAdNIs3XUKU

It's ripped from the ROM and legit, as the person who did it also ripped Homika's BGM from the ROM.

Last edited by P0kelegend; June 21st, 2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old June 21st, 2012, 04:14 PM
Mortalis
ѕĸyвorɴe.
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I hope they bring back the Battle Frontier, I never really got to experience or complete it.

Gen III was my favourite, next to Gen II of course. If they end up not making R/S/E remakes (which I highly doubt, and if they do, there will be an outrage of which I will initiate), I will cry for days, not even kidding.
Old June 21st, 2012, 10:02 PM
wombateiro
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by P0kelegend View Post
I forgot to mention, I find the fact that a remix of the Hoenn trainer battle music is in B2W2 very odd. I would expect the Hoenn remixed gym leader theme to be in, because of the World Tournament.. but why is the trainer music in? Hm.

If you haven't heard it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAdNIs3XUKU

It's ripped from the ROM and legit, as the person who did it also ripped Homika's BGM from the ROM.
It can be some kind of beta file, maybe they were testing how R/S/E music will sound in gen 5 soundfont and left that track hidden in B2/W2. Could it be preparation for remakes?

Also, Steven and Roxanne are confirmed to be in B2/W2. They have the same designs like in R/S/E, probably because new designs are saved for remakes.

Btw, I was surprised when I found out girl protagonists' default name is Mei. Surprisingly similar to May. I know her Japanese name is Haruka, but still, odd similarity.

Last edited by wombateiro; June 21st, 2012 at 10:07 PM.
Old June 22nd, 2012, 02:25 AM
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
I highly doubt RSEmakes will happen in gen 5. Pokemon needs to move to the 3DS. Our next titles will probably be gen 6 after a decent wait, and I'd honestly be okay with that. RSEmakes on the 3DS will be far better than if they were on the regular DS family. I see no need to rush.

Granted, they definitely will happen. There really is no reason why they won't. As more and more people move towards the 3DS, there will be no way to transfer gen 3 games into gen 4. And even if we aren't in gen 6 yet, you'd still have to transfer to gen 4 and then into gen 5--combine this with the lack of GBA slots and you've got yourself one large inconvenience.
Also, I feel that RSEmakes are being hinted at in the same way that GSC remakes were hinted at. Dive, old music sections being thrown into new music, small references...yes, I know gen 4 was referenced more than gen 3, but that's because: 1. Gen 4 is closer in time to gen 5, and 2. These are supposed to be hints, not blatant announcements.
There are a lot of gen 3 legendaries becoming available, but that still leaves the vast majority (the non-legendaries) to be caught.
Also, a fun little fact: all gen 3 Pokemon got completely new sprites in BW. With the exception of gen 5 (which doesn't even really count since they're all new Pokemon), no other gen got this treatment in BW. It honestly seems like Game Freak is preparing for something.
Old June 22nd, 2012, 07:36 AM
Eagledelt
=)?

With B2W2 we should see a new batch of hints ;b

Spoiler:

It seems that we will find one of the Regis in B2W2, that's a good start ;)
Old June 22nd, 2012, 08:25 AM
Esper

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't part of the reason Red, Green, Gold, and Silver were remade was because it was very difficult/impossible to get some of the Pokemon from those games into RSE / DPPt? All of the Safari Zones, Pokewalkers, Dream Worlds, etc. seem to have made it possible to get everything on the DS games. That would mean there's one less reason to remake Ruby and Sapphire.

deviantart blog pair
Old June 22nd, 2012, 08:56 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't part of the reason Red, Green, Gold, and Silver were remade was because it was very difficult/impossible to get some of the Pokemon from those games into RSE / DPPt? All of the Safari Zones, Pokewalkers, Dream Worlds, etc. seem to have made it possible to get everything on the DS games. That would mean there's one less reason to remake Ruby and Sapphire.
It was definitely one of the biggest reasons why FireRed, LeafGreen, HeartGold and SoulSilver came out. Although, with RSE being the only generation not made for the DS systems yet and Nintendo has stopped including the GBA slots since the DSi, it's only a matter of time before RSE is given its own remake. Whether that be before the 6th Gen or a few generations later down the line, I think it's inevitable we'll get them at some point in time. Ultimately though, GameFreak is a business and if they see it profitable to release a remake for these games, then they'll do it.
Old June 22nd, 2012, 02:39 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Hopefully they do remake them. Though there sure are a lot of Gen III Pokemon in B2W2 as stated by other above...not even Sinnoh had this many Johto Pokemon...nor their legends...kind of gets my hopes down.
Old June 22nd, 2012, 03:04 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Hopefully they do remake them. Though there sure are a lot of Gen III Pokemon in B2W2 as stated by other above...not even Sinnoh had this many Johto Pokemon...nor their legends...kind of gets my hopes down.
This kinda kills the hopes for it too though. The other remakes didn't have many of their region's Pokemon in the generation game that they were made to compliment. There weren't many Kanto in Hoenn and there weren't many Johto in Sinnoh. There is a large number of Hoenn Pokemon in B/W/B2/W2.

We are missing just the main legends from Hoenn in B2W2 as the Regis and the Lati are both in it. Though seeing as you can get the Weather trio in HG/SS they may or may not make an appearance.

Most of the new hints are double-edged. Take Hoenn's participation in the WPT. You could focus on them as a tie in to a remake, but the WPT is basically just the Battle Frontier of B2W2. Its not part of the bigger picture for the game seeing as the first time you enter when its Mandatory you ONLY face random trainers in a Fixed fight scenario. WPT is just some bonus feature for the Fans and holds very little in way of hinting.

There still isn't even a solid hint yet like Bill's involvement with Lanette or Jasmine appearing in D/P/Pt after the final badge.

I'm still sayin it'll come out Gen 6 for the 3DS.
Old June 22nd, 2012, 03:18 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Another small hint between BW2 and RSE

Spoiler:
Cheren and Roxanne are both the first gym leaders and they're both teachers of younger children.
Old June 22nd, 2012, 07:19 PM
Sydian

^ That's not a hint. That's more of a coincidence, if anything.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 05:11 AM
P0kelegend

Along with the Hoenn trainer music.. there was another weird thing found.

A remix of Rustboro City.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoYtPJSlizA&feature=plcp
Old June 23rd, 2012, 08:56 AM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by P0kelegend View Post
Along with the Hoenn trainer music.. there was another weird thing found.

A remix of Rustboro City.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoYtPJSlizA&feature=plcp
What's that doing there? Though it's not the best remix...hope they do better for the remakes...
Old June 23rd, 2012, 09:56 AM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
Although probably not legit. I did find these...
Spoiler:

\

Direct Link
http://www.piforums.info/picture.php...&pictureid=682
Old June 23rd, 2012, 11:54 AM
Sydian

Those definitely aren't legit, but they do look nice.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 12:24 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Those box art covers have actually been out for quite some time now too.

What dampens my hope in possible remakes being released, at least for this generation, is the number of Hoenn Pokémon being available in Black 2 and White 2, especially the Legendaries like others mentioned before. It also makes me wonder if what some have been predicting before, that GameFreak will instead do a remake of just Emerald rather than both Ruby and Sapphire. If they were to do this, then I wouldn't particularly be upset about it. Emerald did have the better storyline of the three, and I can see them being able to do a lot more with it in a remake than if they were to fix up the storyline in Ruby and Sapphire.

Also, that's a really cheery remix of the music from Rustboro City. Yeesh!

Last edited by Guy; June 23rd, 2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 02:43 PM
Sydian

I thought that too. I mean, it was enough to have so many Hoenn legendaries in gen IV games, but now they're all in gen V games too, and it just makes me think we're not getting remakes now. But then again, we got some Johto legendaries in FRLG and Emerald, though a few were from events which weren't as accessible as they are now. So I guess you can call it what you want on that one.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 04:13 PM
Community Supporter

We need a big hint right now to keep our hopes up like Hoenn trade data hidden within B2W2. Or music (beyond just the one's that are actually used in game).

I'm thinking that the non Hoenn legends for the remakes will proably be the Creation, Beast, Bird,Johto bird duo,Mew duo as those are the only one's missing from Gen V so far not counting event legends.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 04:17 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
Yeah that's what I was thinking too... if they're including a bunch of Hoenn Pokemon in these games then why would they feel like they should make remakes? :/ Especially if it's not the standard "popular" Pokemon such as Seviper, Zangoose, etc. Also since Hoenn isn't an isolated region so they would probably add other region Pokemon too, and they're basically doing that here. :c

I love RSE so I hope that they make remakes anyway.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 06:11 PM
TRiGa
Eeveelutions Rule

Nature: Calm
Get this, what if there trying to confuse us. Get in our heads, like there doing now. Have a lot of Hoenn Pokemon in B2W2, just to throw us off course. And then BANG! Hit us with the remakes of Ruby and Sapphire.

There are a lot of people who are discouraged about having Ruby and Sapphire remakes in Generation V.

Last edited by TRiGa; June 23rd, 2012 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 06:44 PM
Sydian

That'd be great, and trolly. Woo. Hopefully they see that we don't want RSE remakes for the Pokemon that it gave us, but instead to go through the region again, but updated. New graphics, music, sprites, etc. That's what we want. Could care less about Latios or Kyogre. lol

Quote:
There are a lot of people who are discouraged about having Ruby and Sapphire remakes in Generation V.
Anyone that has read this thread can assume that, but thanks for pointing it out anyway.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here