The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, hens return two years later in Black2 & White2.

View Poll Results: Do you like Pokemon World Tournament?
Yes! I love this new feature! 172 89.58%
No, I don't like this new feature! 2 1.04%
Maybe, I am not sure I like or don't like this new feature. 18 9.38%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 21st, 2012, 11:51 PM
Magmaruby and Aquasapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Calm
Speaking of Emerald Wallace appears as the Champion along with Red, Blue, Lance,Steven, Cynthia, Alder, and the player.

Steven has Metagross, Achelops, and Excadrill according to Serebii.
Old June 22nd, 2012, 02:14 AM
Naya Rivera
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013

Nature: Relaxed
Serebii has updated with some of the teams (All Level 50)

Drayden - Haxorus, Altaria and Druddigon
Brycen - Cryogonal, Dewgong and Vanilluxe
Shizui - Wailord, Mantine and Jellicent
Green - Machamp, Arcanine and Exeggutor
Alder - Volcarona, Reuniclus and Chandelure
Steven - Metagross, Excadrill and Archeops
Cynthia - Garchomp, Roserade and Togekiss
Alder (they use random selections from their team) - Conkeldurr, Volcarona and Braviary
Lance - Dragonite, Kingdra and Flygon

Once you beat the Unova leaders, the other region leaders are unlocked. Then once all those are complete the World Leaders opens up which merges all the previous together. Once you beat the World Leaders the Championship tournament will finally open.

Team Rocket!
blasting off at the speed of light! surrender now or prepare to fight!
meowth that's right!
wobbuffet!!!

Old June 22nd, 2012, 02:22 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
At first, I didn't care much about the World Tournament, but after reading up about it on Serebii, and drawing comparisons between it and the past Battle Frontiers, I'm starting to like it, particularly the Rental Tournament.

I really do like the fact that you get to battle past gym leaders and champions. I was even surprised to find Red as one of the champions.

Old June 22nd, 2012, 02:25 AM
Naya Rivera
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
At first, I didn't care much about the World Tournament, but after reading up about it on Serebii, and drawing comparisons between it and the past Battle Frontiers, I'm starting to like it, particularly the Rental Tournament.

I really do like the fact that you get to battle past gym leaders and champions. I was even surprised to find Red as one of the champions.
That's what I'm most looking forward to. And like past rental features, the Pokemon will considerably stronger as you win more battles.

Team Rocket!
meowth that's right!
wobbuffet!!!

Old June 22nd, 2012, 04:03 AM
Aquarius1997
The Horoscopical Master

Nature: Quirky
Also theres a rarer and stronger rental service

From serebii
Spoiler:
Rental Master - Another rental battle system, but with rarer and stronger Pokémon

We may even get legends in the rental master

The Aquarius loves a party. Anytime, anywhere is their motto. It is not unlikely that an Aquarius will consider a wake a good place to meet chicks. Aquarians love to be naked. It is even better if they are naked and crocked. Froot Loops is a very Aquarian cereal. So is Rice Krispies, since it will engage in a friendly chat with the Aquarian as he or she is eating breakfast. Count Chocula is off-limits, however. It belongs to the Scorpios. Aquarians use the phrase "Dude, man..." frequently when describing philosophical concepts. Aquarians have out-of-body experiences on a daily basis. If you are talking to an Aquarian and he or she zones out, consider the conversation hopeless. He or she is talking to the guy three feet away from you. Aquarians are fun because they channel people. Plus, if you tell them to, they will run around naked. Aquarians like astronomy because they've been to all those places. If you want to know what the food is like on Saturn, ask an Aquarius. Aquarians can allow themselves every possible vice on the planet, and don't think twice about it. That is why they piss everyone else off. They are cosmically entitled to do this.
Old June 22nd, 2012, 05:42 AM
bryanyam1999
Beginning Trainer

Roxanne is confirmed to be appearing in the World Tournament :D
Old June 22nd, 2012, 06:41 AM

They can have different teams as seen by Alder's two sets. Seems even more fun this way .
Old June 22nd, 2012, 12:12 PM
Twilight-kun
Pokemon World Champion 2014-15

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Twilight-kun Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Twilight-kun Send a message via Yahoo to Twilight-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Twilight-kun
I think the older generation player characters should've been the Champions, based on your player's gender
Old June 22nd, 2012, 12:49 PM
Naya Rivera
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight-kun View Post
I think the older generation player characters should've been the Champions, based on your player's gender
Why? Because then players who just started in BW won't know who they are. Plus this way it gives Lance, Steven etc something to be happy about. Since Lance, Steven etc do not get attention any more.

Team Rocket!
meowth that's right!
wobbuffet!!!

Old June 22nd, 2012, 01:36 PM

^ I think you should add Wallace to that list poor guy was only champ for one game...

But yeah I agree it's best to have the already set champs rather than the player characters. It would be cool if they added a match against the rest though...they could have both the guys and the girls and not mention which one of them is champ as they are called Pokemon trainer already so no giving that away or causing fights...except for Leaf...
Old June 22nd, 2012, 02:54 PM
Naya Rivera
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013

You battle Hue, Cheren and Achroma in the world championship tournament in Driftveil. Their Pokemon are level 25. Hue's is; their starter, the ape weakest to you and Tranquil. Cheren's is Stoutland, Watchog and Cinccino. Achroma's is Magneton, Elgyem and Klink. Idk if this has been mentioned already. The tournament is fixed so you battle those 3.

Team Rocket!
meowth that's right!
wobbuffet!!!

Old June 23rd, 2012, 04:23 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Welcome to York County, SC!

Well, once again Leaf gets the shaft... I'm hardly surprised anymore, but that doesn't make me any less angry.

My chances of buying the games are now slim to nil. Only thing that could possibly convince me otherwise is the fact that I wasn't gonna give the tournament the time of day anyway.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old June 23rd, 2012, 04:54 AM
Kanto_Johto
Never glimpse the truth

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Overlord LeSabre™ View Post
Well, once again Leaf gets the shaft... I'm hardly surprised anymore, but that doesn't make me any less angry.

My chances of buying the games are now slim to nil. Only thing that could possibly convince me otherwise is the fact that I wasn't gonna give the tournament the time of day anyway.
What were you expecting though? Leaf hasn't made an appearance in any of the games other than FR/LG, whereas Red is something of a poster child as far as the protagonists are concerned.

If all of the male protagonists had been featured and none of the female protagonists, then I would understand your frustration. Red just happens to be a special exception because he's been there since the beginning and played a short role in GSC/HGSS.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 06:31 AM

Speaking of Red have they revealed his and Wallace's teams yet? I haven't read anything on them.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 11:00 AM
Comerion
DGXZ

Truly an amazing idea. Makes it much more like the anime, black and white 2 is just too cool lol.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 02:17 PM

Has anyone defeated the champ tourney yet? Wonder if there's a price other than simply BP...proably a trophy like with the battle tower.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 09:40 PM
Haseyo
쏘쿨

I just did the I guess "tutorial" one in the story that explains how it works. I did a Lv25 one. I already enjoy it more than any previous Frontier.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 09:44 PM
Aquarius1997
The Horoscopical Master

Who dId you battle in the tutorial one?

The Aquarius loves a party. Anytime, anywhere is their motto. It is not unlikely that an Aquarius will consider a wake a good place to meet chicks. Aquarians love to be naked. It is even better if they are naked and crocked. Froot Loops is a very Aquarian cereal. So is Rice Krispies, since it will engage in a friendly chat with the Aquarian as he or she is eating breakfast. Count Chocula is off-limits, however. It belongs to the Scorpios. Aquarians use the phrase "Dude, man..." frequently when describing philosophical concepts. Aquarians have out-of-body experiences on a daily basis. If you are talking to an Aquarian and he or she zones out, consider the conversation hopeless. He or she is talking to the guy three feet away from you. Aquarians are fun because they channel people. Plus, if you tell them to, they will run around naked. Aquarians like astronomy because they've been to all those places. If you want to know what the food is like on Saturn, ask an Aquarius. Aquarians can allow themselves every possible vice on the planet, and don't think twice about it. That is why they piss everyone else off. They are cosmically entitled to do this.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 09:50 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius1997 View Post
Who dId you battle in the tutorial one?
Rival -> Cheren -> Akuroma I think its that order.

Its the Story one that you HAVE to compete in.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 09:52 PM
Haseyo
쏘쿨

Yep, he's right.

I'm trying to get through as fast as possible for the other teams, but others might beat me to it. Either way, trying to get as much info as possible :D
Old June 23rd, 2012, 09:54 PM
Aquarius1997
The Horoscopical Master

Oh i swear i thought you battled them in a battle OUTSIDE the PWT

Well i hope the rivals and achromas awesome music plays when you battle them

Old June 23rd, 2012, 09:55 PM

Is the Bp to gain for the tutorial as well?
I like it how they provide us with a sneak peak into the tournament before the post game, it gives us something to look forward to.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 09:58 PM
Haseyo
쏘쿨

I got like 1BP |: But yeah you get something.

@Aquarius1997

Yes, each person has their own theme if they have one outside of the PWT. For the rival, it had his theme. For Cheren, it had his personal gym battle theme. For SwirlyCurl, he had his theme as well, I think. I love the background for the battle too, all the lights and stuff.

I wonder if Blue gets his Champion theme, or just the generic Kanto mix.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 10:30 PM
Haseyo
쏘쿨

I feel like there's no turning back now, and all future generations will have PWT. It would be a downer if they didn't.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 10:56 PM

I wonder if they'll do an international player world tournament like they are with the Japanese players. It'll be nice to face off in tournament mode with people within one's nation if not the world.

Sponsored Links