The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 20th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Zet

Nature: Jolly
That does sound like fun :D

Also about the end of episode 10:
Spoiler:
General Iroh is Bumi's(Aang's and Katara's first born son) and Zuko's daughter's son. You can tell since he's wearing the same neck thing Bumi was seen wearing in that family tree picture.
Old June 21st, 2012, 05:05 PM
~Harmony
Female Brass Musician

Nature: Modest
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zet View Post
That does sound like fun :D

Also about the end of episode 10:

General Iroh is Bumi's(Aang's and Katara's first born
son) and Zuko's daughter's son. You can tell since he's wearing the same neck
thing Bumi was seen wearing in that family tree picture.

Alright, I didn't hear about that. I wonder then if Zuko's daughter or Aang's
son was greatly influenced by Iroh (the first). If so, I hope they go a little
deeper in that relationship.

A part of me kind of wants Rohan to be another Airbender. I dunno why, but I
think it would be adorable if had those cute green eyes of Pema's and the
Airbending tattoos and Tenzin's airbending ability. Plus just for the whole
"rebuilding the Air Nomad Race" deal.

Ugh, one more season isn't enough to seriously go into depth with all the
Legend of Korra characters like they did with the Last Airbender characters.
Another season, please?
Old June 23rd, 2012, 08:01 AM
Patchisou Yutohru

Mostly everything I predicted would happen happened. I am satisfied! I need season two in my life.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 08:11 AM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
Spoiler:

That was so intense! They did a really good job making it seem like team avatar was going to lose, which most good/bad stories aren't able to do. I loved Amon's back-story. My reaction to Tarrlock blowing up the boat was: "Oh. Awwww." (I actually felt bad for Amon). I liked General Iroh. And Asami, THANK YOU for finally getting rid of your stupid father. NAGA RULEZ! I liked the endng, finally some Aang/airbending, though I still want Korra to go into the spirit world/chill out with Koh. Poor Asami at the end. And yay for Lin getting her bending back. When Amon was gonna take Tenzin + his kids' airbending away, I was so sad! And I really love how bloodbending/metalbending didn't just disappear after the first series. It shows the creators really think things through. SEASON TWO Y U NO COME YET?!

*sorry this is really scrambled, it's just how my thoughts are after all that info was absorbed.

PRISON BREAK!

Old June 23rd, 2012, 08:31 AM
~Harmony
Female Brass Musician

Alright, that was great!
Pretty everything I thought would happen happened but in a wierd way.

Spoiler:

I thought this whole season it was odd that Amon claimed to be a nonbender, but technically used bending (the energybending). I always wondered how he could do it, because I knew the "granted by the Gods" stuff was stupid. I guessed he had a secret,but I didn't guess he was a water and bloodbender. That and his family ties were a bit shocking.

I did not guess that Korra would actually ever have her bending taken away. I figured she would go into the Avatar State and stop Amon before it happened.... I guess in a way it happened later. Buuuut like I figured would happen, Korra used airbending in the most aggresive way I have ever seen in either series. Good ol' Korra.

Was it crazy, stupid, justified what Tarrlok did in basically blowing him and his brother up? I think deep down Tarrlok was a changed man (his brother maybe not), but I think Tarrlok still saw their bloodbending as an evil that would threaten the world once more at some point if he let them both go. Tarrlok did a bold move in eliminating that family line completely.

Korra and Mako ending up together was very predictable much like it was for Aang and Katara. I was secretly rooting for it the whole season.

Alright, in Season 2 I hope they go in depth even farther and answer some more questions. Who were Bolin and Makos' parents? Is there any significance with Iroh's name? And I want Katara to finish her story about Zuko's mother! Hurry Season 2 (and Season 3? Maybe? Please? )
Old June 23rd, 2012, 08:54 AM
Patchisou Yutohru

Spoiler:
The boat scene near the end, the backstory, and the World War II references throughout were by far my favorite parts about the episode.

But, of course, I do have some things I didn't like:

Spoiler:
1. Amon's scar not being real. I thought it was real when he showed it, and that he did it to himself. It would have made a much better impact if they provided some sort of flashback of him giving himself the scar somehow when he fell into the water than it just washing off. I could see that coming from the moment he hit the water.
2. Korra getting her bending back. I was hoping that season 2 would be about her finding a way to get her bending back.
3. Korra controlling the Avatar state so well. Like, really? Aang was by far more spiritual than she was, and much less rash than her as well, and it took him episodes (maybe even a whole season, I can't remember) to learn to control that. She got it down pact in a few seconds and could snap out of it on her own and everything! I liked how she entered the state, and thought it was really cool, but her control over it is slightly disappointing.

I guess I can forego the last two of them, though. Considering how long production takes and that they weren't aware they'd have another season. This was a nice wrap-up for everything that happened throughout the season.

Last edited by Patchisou Yutohru; June 23rd, 2012 at 09:05 AM.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 09:30 AM
~Harmony
Female Brass Musician

I just read there's a possibility for more than two seasons, but it isn't for sure yet. That would be great if there were!

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchisou Yutohru View Post
2. Korra getting her bending back. I was hoping that season 2 would be about her finding a way to get her bending back.
3. Korra controlling the Avatar state so well. Like, really? Aang was by far
more spiritual than she was, and much less rash than her as well, and it took him episodes (maybe even a whole season, I can't remember) to learn to control that. She got it down pact in a few seconds and could snap out of it on her own and everything! I liked how she entered the state, and thought it was really cool, but her control over it is slightly disappointing.

At the end of the episode, I saw the whole second season being about Korra's journey to delve deep into the spiritual side of being the Avatar and using that to journey towards figuring out how to get her bending back. Maybe even learn control and a little reserve with her bending since airbending is the only one she knew then. So that was a little disappointing to me. Plus the episode just felt extremely conclusive, so I wonder now which direction the next season will go in. Well, the writers have done a good job so far... I'll put my trust in them.

As for the Avatar State, I couldn't tell if Korra really had control of it or
if it was Aang really acting through her. Like when Aang could go in and out of the Avatar State without realizing it (though Korra wasn't destructive if that was the case like Aang tended to be). Guess I'll figure that out later...

...and on a sad side-note, I guess I should change my signiture. Not like there's going to be anymore new episodes anytime soon

Last edited by ~Harmony; June 23rd, 2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 06:06 PM
Zet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Harmony View Post
Spoiler:

Alright, I didn't hear about that. I wonder then if Zuko's daughter or Aang's
son was greatly influenced by Iroh (the first). If so, I hope they go a little
deeper in that relationship.

A part of me kind of wants Rohan to be another Airbender. I dunno why, but I
think it would be adorable if had those cute green eyes of Pema's and the
Airbending tattoos and Tenzin's airbending ability. Plus just for the whole
"rebuilding the Air Nomad Race" deal.

Ugh, one more season isn't enough to seriously go into depth with all the
Legend of Korra characters like they did with the Last Airbender characters.
Another season, please? :)
Spoiler:
Even if he isn't an airbender, he can still have airbending children. His children would just have to learn airbending from his dad or his brothers and sisters.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 06:52 PM
Netto Azure
<<38th Generation Sun Knight>>

I think it wrapped up pretty nicely. A bit too nicely in fact.

Spoiler:

But the Writers did say they would go the "New villain every season" route unlike last series linear storyline.

“The benevolent God of Light will forgive your sins.”

Old June 23rd, 2012, 08:00 PM
~Harmony
Female Brass Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zet View Post
Spoiler:
Even if he isn't an airbender, he can still have
airbending children. His children would just have to learn airbending from his
dad or his brothers and sisters.

Spoiler:
Yes, this is true. With all the genes running through that kid now because of Aang, Katara, Pema, so on, he could even have a waterbender with just the right luck no matter who he marries. More likely to have an airbender, but whatever. Genetics *sigh*
Old June 23rd, 2012, 08:57 PM
JadeSkittles
Gamer Girl

Send a message via Skype™ to JadeSkittles
JadeSkittles

Fire

The season finale was amazing. I loved what Tarlokk did at the end. Really was not expecting that at all!
Old June 23rd, 2012, 10:36 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Altairis Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
ok so i just got back from a week long trip and I haven't seen like the last 3 episodes of korra

so excited because i'm looking at the stuff not in the spoilers above and it looks like they were awesome as usual
Old June 24th, 2012, 12:47 AM
CarefulWetPaint
I burn. Come at me, you'll see

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to CarefulWetPaint
Welcome Jade! Okay onto the main point of discussion, the finale:
Spoiler:

That was a fantastic twist with Amon and Tarlock, I didnt see it coming tbh and was very surprised by it. I also loved the back story on him and how he got so evil and angry. Following in Papa Bears footsteps like a good lil boy!

Also planes really? Thats just cheating.

End Game:

OHOHOHOH This was a good episode! It was good to see that Amon had make up on to help with his lies very clever that was.
Also Mako with his epic lightning to the face! That was awesome who knew he had so many skills.
I must say I did see Korra getting her powers back from Aang coming but it was still cool that all the avatars came and helped out, then she had the power to give bending back! Yay for her!

Also Mako and Korra forever <3 It was good to see them FINALLY end up together, though Asami will be sad </3

All in all a good season finale and I hope they have more than 1 season in the works and Im seriously looking forward to the next season!

In other news someone should weekly stream Avatar the Last airbending to fill the void between seasons and in the weeks before the new season starts we could marathon the first season of Korra!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 24th, 2012, 01:58 AM
Olli

Spoiler:
That was quite an episode, though I feel like a lot of things went by too fast, with a lack of explanation. The revelation that Amon wasn't at all who he claimed to be didn't really come as a shock to me, as all his babbling about being gifted with the power to take away people's bending was noooot quite believable, though yeah, that's just common sense. The fact that Tarrlok was his brother though came as a much bigger suprise, especially since Amon took away his bending. Also, when Tarrlok was telling Korra and Mako about his past, there was one thing I found pretty dumb. If Noatak was really the caring brother he was made out to be, why would he ever agree to bloodbend his brother against his will. Then afterwards he tells his father not to hurt him, while he just seconds beforehand had done exactly that to Tarrlok. Seems quite hypocritical to me.
Though the boat scene with Amon and Tarrlok near the end was quite sad, I think it it was a great decision on Tarrlok's side, since Amon had gotten quite out of control.

I have to agree with Nick on the things he didn't like, as I thoght the same thing at pretty much all of them. It would've made much more sense for Amon to burn himself, as he as the intelligent person he appeared to be, shouldnt've expected a positive outcome with a silly make-up trick like that. It pretty much ruined his all plan, though oh well. He did turn out to be a coward at the end anyways.

With Korra getting her bending back being the main goal for season 2, it would be quite like AtLA's first book, since the only kind of bending she would be able to use was airbending, which is something I'd have liked to see. But oh well, that would've been quite predictable though, so at least now we have something to look forward to, rather than already knowing what the next season would be about. Really looking forward to it.
Old June 24th, 2012, 08:17 AM
~Harmony
Female Brass Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olli97 View Post
Spoiler:
That was quite an episode, though I feel like a lot of things went by too fast, with a lack of explanation. The revelation that Amon wasn't at all who he claimed to be didn't really come as a shock to me, as all his babbling about being gifted with the power to take away people's bending was noooot quite believable, though yeah, that's just common sense. The fact that Tarrlok was his brother though came as a much bigger suprise, especially since Amon took away his bending. Also, when Tarrlok was telling Korra and Mako about his past, there was one thing I found pretty dumb. If Noatak was really the caring brother he was made out to be, why would he ever agree to bloodbend his brother against his will. Then afterwards he tells his father not to hurt him, while he just seconds beforehand had done exactly that to Tarrlok. Seems quite hypocritical to me.
Spoiler:
Maybe that was a power issue? Tarrlok was saying something along the lines that Noatak enjoyed the power in bloodbending, so he didn't mind practicing it on his brother, but he always took his brother's side over his father's. Plus he probably figured Tarrlok would bloodbend him too, so what did it matter if he practiced on him (even though that didn't really didn't match Tarrlok's personality)? That could explain his sudden change in thinking. Basically, he just wanted a chance to boss his father around since he knew then he was capable of bloodbending people. I wonder how Tarrlok would've turned out if he ran away with his brother?
Old June 24th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Olli

Quote:
Spoiler:
Maybe that was a power issue? Tarrlok was saying something along the lines that Noatak enjoyed the power in bloodbending, so he didn't mind practicing it on his brother, but he always took his brother's side over his father's. Plus he probably figured Tarrlok would bloodbend him too, so what did it matter if he practiced on him (even though that didn't really didn't match Tarrlok's personality)? That could explain his sudden change in thinking. Basically, he just wanted a chance to boss his father around since he knew then he was capable of bloodbending people. I wonder how Tarrlok would've turned out if he ran away with his brother?
Spoiler:
Well, I just think it's generally contradictory for him to be shown to care about his brother so much, yet still be willing to do something he know will be of great discomfort for him. He should also know from his brother's personality, and from the fact that Tarrlok was unwilling to take part in the bloodbending lessons, that he wasn't gonna use bloodbending on him either, so yeah. I just don't think it really fits together.

If Tarrlok went with Noatak at the time, I think he'd change to share his brother's view on the whole thing. I mean, Tarrlok did look up to his brother at that time, and since it appears to be around there Noatak formed the idea that bending was a dangerous power for anyone to possess, I think it'd be easy for him to convince Tarrlok that that was how it was, and make him help with getting rid of the bending powers. Tarrlok would probably just become an Amon 2.0 or something, but whether that would've made any impact is hard to say.

Either way, unless that was a case of just not thinking everything out thoroughly, this could go back to my theory about how Amon's ability to take away people's bending would only apply for the people who got their bending taken away, and if that was the case then his plan would've failed anyways.
Old June 24th, 2012, 02:20 PM
~Harmony
Female Brass Musician

@Ollie97:There are some little flaws. You just wish there was more than 30 min in an episode to go deeper in the issue. The major problem was the story was rushed.

Off-topic question for anyoneDid they ever say where Amon learned energy bending-- a form if bending only Aang knew for a time? Did I miss the explanation for it somehow?
Old June 24th, 2012, 02:26 PM
CarefulWetPaint

Quote:
Off-topic question for anyone, did they ever say where Amon learned energy bending-- a form if bending only Aang knew for a time? Did I miss the explanation for it somehow?
I think they explained it as it was not energy bending and instead blood bending that was cutting off the ties to the elements. I'm not sure how he did it with the blood bending but Im pretty sure thats how he was doing it..

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 24th, 2012, 02:28 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb

@~Harmony
Spoiler:

I think the point they tried to make in the last episode was that it wasn't energy-bending, but bloodbending. Since Noatak (don't know if that's spelled right) thought the avatar was the most powerful, it makes sense that he'd do his best to try and "recreate" the most powerful form of bending (in his eyes). However, he must of not been able to find a teacher so he used bloodbending to do the job. I think he closed the physical, biological part of the brain that allows bending, but not the spiritual side like Aang did (which is why Korra could airbend, the most spiritually connected of the elements) This is also why I think it could be reversed unlike true energybending.
Old June 24th, 2012, 02:52 PM
thegeneticway
"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie

Nature: Relaxed
Username: thegeneticway
Element: Water

Wow, that show was too amazing. I need the second book to be released now. ;(
Spoiler:

Wow. That finale was so amazing. So many highlights yet weird things going on.

As someone pointed out, Korra seems to have controlled the Avatar state. I was like "o_o Aang has to unlock chakras and sacrifice his spiritual needs while Korra has to cry for 5 seconds? I don't think so -__-"

Furthermore, I've noticed that her airbending strikes are just like her firebending strikes. I was so surpised. Her airbending is theresult of the lack of anything to bend. I found that irrational and odd. Honestly, there was no better time for her to learn airbending, but the way she performed it seemed poorly edited in.

As much as Korra is awesome, I don't think it is right for her to harness these powers so quickly. This series was a bit rushed if I may say.

Replaying Emerald!

Goals:

National Dex Completed
All 7 Gold Symbols
Master of Contests

... looks like i have a long way to go
Old June 24th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Zet

Finale spoilers
Spoiler:
I think it would have been better to end on a cliff hanger. Just showing Aang behind Korra saying "But you called me".

So guys, in a few weeks it will be July 21st... Be sure to play this in honour of Mako.

and here's a cover version of Leaves From The Vine if you want to listen to something beautiful

Last edited by Zet; June 24th, 2012 at 05:29 PM.
Old June 25th, 2012, 09:00 AM
GolurkIsDaBomb

Damn you Zet, the first one almost made me cry. Iroh was truly one of (if not) the best character in the original series.
On a similar note, what did you guys think of the voice-acting, in both series? I thought the first series did a really good job especially with characters like Iroh, Azula, Zuko and Katara. Especially Azula, she was really scary.
In the second series I'd have to say I really enjoyed Tenzin, Lin and Korra. Each one was able to show different sides of themselves without it seeming cheesy or ridiculous. (in my opinion)

Of course, I'm in no way an expert haha. So what do you guys think?
Old June 25th, 2012, 03:36 PM
CarefulWetPaint

Honestly I think they do a fantastic job on basically all the points in Korra, the voice actors do a superb job (most the time) and the animation is rather beautiful. Avatar has got to be the best American made animated series for sure.
I hope they keep up the quality in the next season

Old June 26th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Altairis Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
Eek I saw the finale and I loved it. i love this series, I hope they don't cancel it, I can't wait for next season. C:

I saw somewhere that it would be called Book 2: Energy, do you guys think that's true?

Last edited by Altairis; June 26th, 2012 at 09:54 AM. Reason: lol it posted twice
Old June 26th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Olli

The voice acting in ATLA was really great. I wouldn't say it was anything exceptional, as I've seen my fair share of animes with good voice acting, however compared to something like the Dragonball series, which apart from the constant screaming in every episode, had pretty ok voice acting, I'd say it's pretty decent.

As for Korra, I think it's sunken a bit. I still love the voice acting and all, however I don't feel like it's really the same as it was in ATLA, and a bit like some of the voice actors aren't as experienced. Like with Korra, even though I do love her voice, I don't feel like the voice actor does as good a job as I'd want her to. Perhaps that's just because there hasn't been any parts where they have really had a chance at showing how good they are, but I don't really know.

One thing that really irked me though, was when they put Zuko's voice on a character named Iroh, on someone born years later. I mean, it kinda makes sense since he's a descendant of Zuko, however I've just gotten used to someone named Iroh having that friendly old man voice, and just hearing Zuko's voice not coming from Zuko just doesn't really feel right :<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapras* View Post
Eek I saw the finale and I loved it. i love this series, I hope they don't cancel it, I can't wait for next season. C:

I saw somewhere that it would be called Book 2: Energy, do you guys think that's true?
I don't think there's any chance that it'll be canceled with the very well deserved popularity it has had just over this one, short season.

About the title of the next season, I have no idea. Was the first season actually called something? Either way, since the "book" in the titles from ATLA was more to point out Aang's progress in mastering all the elements, I don't really think Energy would fit very well together with it. Though if it is true, it might give us a small hint on what the next season is about, though that's not really anything to go on :/

Really looking forward to the second season though :D
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links