The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 22nd, 2012, 09:13 PM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
I'm using NDS Music Player to listen to them and yeah, I like the lyrics in them too, although Roxie's song is incredibly annoying. If she's a singer, she should know a few more words.

But Akuroma song > all.
She's probably having a ball with her jam session.

Her theme does sound like a jam session. Just a quick sound test.

I listened again with focus. I bet she'll be saying "K-O-F-F-I-N-G" in the English versions. Just watch.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 07:29 AM
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
Techno remixes FTW XDDDD

I love all of them!!! Some of them don't even sound like Pokemon songs, they're so epic. Especially Akuroma. He better be pretty interesting to have a theme like that!

Hmm, I wonder if when we battle him at the World Tournament for the first time, if he'll have that theme, or something else.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 08:12 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I love the Kanto and Johto (the Kanto one reminds me of FrLg) remixes (both gym and champs), much better than the HgSs' versions imo. Sinnoh and Hoenn are alright, could use some toning up on the gym aisle .
Old June 23rd, 2012, 08:16 AM
Zayphora

Oh, and I don't like the Sinnoh gym remix, you can't really hear the actual melody...
Old June 23rd, 2012, 08:28 AM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayphora View Post
Oh, and I don't like the Sinnoh gym remix, you can't really hear the actual melody...
That's what I think needs fixing, had they done that I'll love it.

By the way Elesa's gym song sounds like something off TWENTY...though I don't mind <3
Old June 23rd, 2012, 09:08 AM
Forever
let it go

Okay so... I've listened to a few aaand...

I only like Aspertia's & Akuroma's so far. :x Ghetsis/Plasma sounded better in B/W, imo, Homika's is... I dislike it, and Elesa's is so much not like Pokemon it's creepy lool. I'm sure I'll warm to all of this, though, I just blame listening to Conquest as the only music at all for over a day lol. :x
Old June 23rd, 2012, 09:14 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
The title screen music sounds so good... A bit too good. Streamed, perhaps? It did give me the chills when I listened to it with my headphones. (The track does not show up when you try to extract the track using a SSEQ extraction tool or player.)

Also loving Aspertia and Hue (both themes) xD
Old June 23rd, 2012, 09:32 AM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪Twiggy♪ View Post
The title screen music sounds so good... A bit too good. Streamed, perhaps? It did give me the chills when I listened to it with my headphones. (The track does not show up when you try to extract the track using a SSEQ extraction tool or player.)

Yeah, it's streamed. That song is pretty good too.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old June 23rd, 2012, 09:45 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪Twiggy♪ View Post

Ooh this sounds like a certain remix.

p amazing really. If only the rest of the music was along these lines!
Old June 23rd, 2012, 09:56 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
Omg. I love Shizui's Gym theme. It's so awesome! So relaxing, too. Fits vey nicely in his gym.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 09:57 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
I love Iris' battle music, it fits perfectly with her battle background and room. I haven't really listened to much of the music yet though, I love the Hoenn Trainer battle music, and the Hoenn Champion music.

Old June 23rd, 2012, 10:24 AM
Kanto_Johto
Never glimpse the truth

Nature: Bold
Just listened to Elesa's music. The intro sounds like music from a certain type of film genre.....the "give me what I neeeeeeeeeddd" part doesn't help either.

The rest just sounds a bit weird. The inclusion of vocals is particularly out of character for a Pokemon game. I will admit that some of it is quite catchy though.

Edit: Just realised that all of the gym leaders have their own personalised music. I love Shizui's version of the theme. Is it just me or does the rival theme sound like something out of Pokemon TCG for the Game Boy?

Also, I just stumbled across this:

Spoiler:

I nostalgia'd hard.

Last edited by Kanto_Johto; June 23rd, 2012 at 10:33 AM.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 10:41 AM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by droomph View Post
Um...I don't think I can find any songs, but...

I love all of the Pokémon songs. I'll love all of them. Which one's my favorite? That's the thrill of the listening!

I assume it's gonna be one of the legendary ones, since I've always loved their mysterious yet bluntly obvious and badass style and melody to them. Eg Regis and Uxie, Mespirit, and Azelf's theme. I doubt that Kyurem's (both formes, I hope) will be any different...unless Game Freak slacks off, which they sure haven't done with this game, it seems!!

Also can we please have some links? That'd be nice imo since i dunno where you're getting all your music.

And XanderO I hope this post is okay with you because I honestly can't be bothered to search on Youtube for an hour to find 33 secs of a song.
Ascaaai

I was right about all these songs, but the only problem is that it sounds like someone found out about the stereo option. Just too much back-and-forth between left and right. It's not a problem for those who just listen from five inches away, but I have a tendency to put on earphones every damn time I need to listen to music. It hurts, Game Freak. Do something about it.

Old June 23rd, 2012, 10:50 AM
Kanto_Johto
Never glimpse the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by droomph View Post
Ascaaai

I was right about all these songs, but the only problem is that it sounds like someone found out about the stereo option. Just too much back-and-forth between left and right. It's not a problem for those who just listen from five inches away, but I have a tendency to put on earphones every damn time I need to listen to music. It hurts, Game Freak. Do something about it.
I was under the impression that the music has been in stereo since the beginning of Gen IV. I know that HGSS and BW were most definitely in stereo.

But I know what you mean about certain passages of instrumentation sliding from one ear to the other. However, the actual games will provide much better audio quality than the tracks that have been ripped and uploaded to youtube. Usually music uploaded onto youtube is over-compressed.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 02:23 PM
Community Supporter

^ That gives me hope that the Hoenn and Sinnoh gym themes will sound more true to the original.
I also thought they were in stereo since way back...
Old June 23rd, 2012, 04:08 PM
tootlerocks
Epic Trainer

I've been looking forward to this soundtrack for ages and I must say I'm very impressed. Ghetsis' battle theme in particular is much improved from BW imo. I think in BW it just seemed sort of without direction at times, just long bits with timpanis and not much else. Don't get me wrong, the BW one does still sound pretty cool, ominous and suspenseful sort of thing, but at times a bit... empty, if you know what I mean.
In BW2 though, it has more of an urgent, desperate feel, and actually sounds more like there's a tune behind it. That's the sort of thing I tend to like in battle themes, though I'm probably more accustomed to Gen III themes than normal...
But on a more positive note, Game Freak WAY outdid themselves in the World Tournie battle themes... ah nostalgia. And Achroma's battle theme sounds pretty cool too.
ERROR #650: This Pokemon does not exist.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 04:19 PM
Zayphora

Elesa's theme is just....? How is this Pokemon? I don't get it....it sounds bizarrely like Lady Gaga....? Where is Game Freak going? But it's cool. It's certainly unique! ;D
Old June 23rd, 2012, 04:40 PM
Community Supporter

Elesa's theme is fine imo, for me it's Akuroma's theme that's strange...sounds like eerie techno beeps...
Old June 23rd, 2012, 04:59 PM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Quote:
Elesa's theme is just....? How is this Pokemon? I don't get it....it sounds bizarrely like Lady Gaga....? Where is Game Freak going? But it's cool. It's certainly unique! ;D
It'll be interesting to see if there are some new music composers behind the music. It would explain how they're different.

That having been said, there's a reason behind all the Gym themes. I'm not surprised everyone's gotten one that fits, but it's not like they don't work. If you remember Elesa's other job, the music that plays is actually quite realistic.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 05:13 PM
Zayphora

Yeah, I know. It is sort of a runway song thing. TBH, I don't not like it. It just surprised me that Pokemon would do something with lyrics like this.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 05:18 PM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Sotomura View Post
It'll be interesting to see if there are some new music composers behind the music. It would explain how they're different.

That having been said, there's a reason behind all the Gym themes. I'm not surprised everyone's gotten one that fits, but it's not like they don't work. If you remember Elesa's other job, the music that plays is actually quite realistic.
When I saw the runway thing in the promo, I didn't think she'd be getting as fancy of a song as she did. The song works really well given what we know about her.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online

[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old June 23rd, 2012, 05:54 PM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

Quote:
How isn't it Pokemon? I think it's amazing and very fitting to her character! Though I don't really hear the similarities between it and Lady Gaga...

Naturally, I prefer Skyla's gym theme. I saw a comment on Youtube saying that it sounds like Legend of Zelda, and I can totally hear it. These gym themes are a pleasant surprise for me and add so much more to my opinion of the music in this game, which was already pretty high!
Old June 23rd, 2012, 05:58 PM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

Speaking of Gym themes, Burgh's gym theme is really calming and relaxing. It really sets a mood in the gym.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online

Old June 23rd, 2012, 06:00 PM
Sakura Rain
→Let's laugh at everything!

aksl;hgisfesgjfwo;ieath LIJSLKFHDSIGJWEOFJSDKFEWOIRJFJMHFKWEOIJRHF:K jfsdlakfjdasklghdsk;alfjsdklfjsdl -dead-

Omg. All the music. I can't even. It's my childhood in song form~

Hoenn's Champion/Gym Leader music is sure changed from R/S/E. It's more in style with B/W now, though, so I can't really complain about it. Kanto Gym Leader Theme = LOVE. Johto Gym Leader Theme = LOVE. Johto Champion/Red Theme = LOVE. btw, is it true that Red is going to be in the World Tournament? This seems a little far-fetched.

@Pokemon w/lyrics: You know, the Village Bridge had music with vocals. And it was fantastic, so I guess they thought they'd try it with some other songs.

♫A message I've thought much too much about,
Maybe it'll reach somebody, who can say?
Certainly, I've always been this way,
A patched up, crazy matryoshka♫

"Matryoshka" - hachi/Hatsune Miku & Megpoid Gumi

Old June 23rd, 2012, 06:33 PM
Kanto_Johto
Never glimpse the truth

^ To the above: It is true, Red has been confirmed to be making an appearance in the Pokemon World Tournament.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
Speaking of Gym themes, Burgh's gym theme is really calming and relaxing. It really sets a mood in the gym.
Yeah, I found Burgh's gym theme to be calming too. It sounds almost psychedelic in nature (probably a reference to his love for art).
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here