The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 20th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Rayquaza.
Lead Dev in Pokémon Chaos

Nature: Adamant
I appreciate your complements but the 'truly amazing pixel artist' who did the logo was none other than Mineox100. I agree, the heroine looks way better but the rival will be the next one to receive an update.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 11:04 PM
Rayquaza.

As many of you know, I am the maker of Pokémon Emerald Legend, And I am in a situation where I do not know which tiles I should use for my game. Here are some screenshots of the 3 styles there are:
Spoiler:

Please just either find it on my DA (On my sig) or vote here which style fits your liking.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 11:11 PM
Firestorm.
AND I THREW IT ON THE GROUND!!

Nature: Calm
After I found that tileset on Hoko.tk for you, I was hoping you would use it in the game. That's why I voted for BW.

Old June 23rd, 2012, 11:19 PM
Firestorm.

I wish this post was stickied. I think the CSS worked ot pretty well for you on the first post. Once the screenshots come out that would complete it.

Old June 23rd, 2012, 11:34 PM
Pharetra
MOM GET THE CAMERA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestorm. View Post
I wish this post was stickied. I think the CSS worked ot pretty well for you on the first post. Once the screenshots come out that would complete it.
Ehm, lol? Why would a showcase thread be stickied? If this thread was, why would this one be stickied and the rest not?

Also, can I ask you to stop posting comments like this? I know it is not my right to forbid you from posting and expressing your point of view, but I think it is pretty clear right now that you absolutely love this game.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 11:38 PM
Pharetra
MOM GET THE CAMERA

It's all a matter of preference really. Just go with the style you like. After all, it's your game and not the game of those who play it.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 11:59 PM
Rayquaza.

That's the problem I have, I can't decide. That's why I opened this thread.
Old June 24th, 2012, 12:39 AM
Rayquaza.

P-Sign is right Firestorm., we know you love this game seeming as you post in this thread almost more than I do.
Old June 24th, 2012, 01:26 AM
Cilerba
the hearts of lonely people
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Um. Why would you make a new thread when you had this thread to post that in? I moved all of the posts into this thread. Please don't do something like that again.
Old June 24th, 2012, 02:32 AM
Rayquaza.

Sorry Cilerba, I know I should have asked you where to put a poll. This thread hardly gets any publicity these days (Apart from Firestorm. telling us how much he likes this game for the fifty-thousandth time).
Old June 26th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Firestorm.

[SIZE="a"]Sorry about that. From now on, I shall stop spamming this thread.[/SIZE]

Old June 26th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Rayquaza.

It's fine. Just don't spam. Try to leave more constructive comments. Also I'm still not getting many votes people. Please vote so that I know what the majority of people on PC like to see.
Old July 15th, 2012, 01:48 AM
Rayquaza.

Back again with updates. Since the poll for what generation tiles I should use I have now opened a new poll on my DA over whether I should use BW or BW2 grass. Please vote so that a suitable decision can be made, I didn't get enough votes on my last poll.

C'mon! All my fans, Where are you? Please vote.

Here is a link: http://rayquaza-dot.deviantart.com/g...78715#/d563i8y

and here is the Image if you don't have a DA account:
Spoiler:
Old July 15th, 2012, 03:10 AM
khkramer

I'd say the first one.
The BW2 grass just looks off.

Check out the MMORPG I'm developing:

• Trading • PvP • Co-Op
Old July 15th, 2012, 03:12 AM
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

I like the contrast in BW2, but not the pattern. While BW1's patten is nicer, but it's really hard to see, looks like one shade of grass most of the time.

still, i think i like BW1's grass better.

a fusion of both would be the best. ie; BW1 grass, but with increased contrast.
Old July 15th, 2012, 03:22 AM
Rayquaza.

Okay, a few more promising votes. More appreciated.
Old July 15th, 2012, 03:26 AM
Rick1234
Hidden in the shadows, for now

Nature: Quiet
Hm. The one thing I have not commented on is your project. Looks really good man. Keep up the work. I think I might just play it when it's done :D
Old July 15th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Rayquaza.

Updates on a few things:

Firstly a number of PMs suggesting BW2 tiles. I have also had many more votes of the BW tiles as well. I thank everyone for voting, the voting shall expire this approaching Sunday. Judging by the number of votes the favour is swinging in the direction of BW2 but only by about 2 votes:

BW: 12
BW2: 14

Once the voting expires I shall remap everything in the game to the specifications of the winning tiles, after that a new demo shall be released.

I would like to thank everyone who has voted so far for their co-operation and would request that if you want your say in this then don't keep your opinion to yourself, either PM me, post it on this thread or post it on my DA.
Old July 15th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayquaza. View Post
Updates on a few things:

Firstly a number of PMs suggesting BW2 tiles. I have also had many more votes of the BW tiles as well. I thank everyone for voting, the voting shall expire this approaching Sunday. Judging by the number of votes the favour is swinging in the direction of BW2 but only by about 2 votes:

Once the voting expires I shall remap everything in the game to the specifications of the winning tiles, after that a new demo shall be released.

I would like to thank everyone who has voted so far for their co-operation and would request that if you want your say in this then don't keep your opinion to yourself, either PM me, post it on this thread or post it on my DA.

Sorry it took so long to post. I keep saying Ill get to it later. The game looks awesome, and I would like to vote if its not to late.

For the grass, I like the first image a ton better, the BW2 tiles look strange. And for the first thing to vote on, with the tile styles, the first one is by far the best.

Good luck with the game. I hope to see it go far
Old July 15th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Rayquaza.

Quote:
Updates on a few things:

So that nearly evens out everything at:

BW: 13?
BW2: 14?
Old July 17th, 2012, 01:05 AM
Firestorm.

[SIZE="a"]I would like to place my vote on BW2. The colour blends in with the rest of the overall colour scheme.

The BW grass looks pretty good but has a pretty bland colour scheme in contrast with the rest of the picture.[/SIZE]

Old July 17th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Rayquaza.

For God's sake Firestorm.! Do you need a trip down memory lane or something? You were the first one to make a vote! (Even before I did) you only get one vote!
Old July 18th, 2012, 01:23 AM
Firestorm.

[SIZE="a"]Hi guys, I'm here with information concerning Emerald Legend as Rayquaza.'s internet is down (Since I know him personally, he told me to put this message up).

The poll has now closed because Rayquaza. has had a hugh amount of PMs with votes:

The winner of the poll was the BW2 tiles by 3 votes.

BW: 34
BW2: 37

Very close desision, thank you for voting. Work has now resumed on Emerald Legend (Finally) so keep an eye out on this thread, http://emeraldprojects.me.uk and Rayquaza.'s DeviantArt for more updates.[/SIZE]

Old July 18th, 2012, 01:34 AM
Rayquaza.

Its fine, my internet is back again, it was only down for a few hours.
Old July 18th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

Quote:
Its fine, my internet is back again, it was only down for a few hours.
Thats good to hear, although i disagree with the grass. Hows the following script going? any problems

Sponsored Links