• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Fire Red: BACKWARDS Edition

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2012
Found a glitch
In Saffron when you enter from the right you can walk into the fence
Screenshot:
img405(dot)imageshack(dot)us/img405/6255/frbackwardsglitch.png
I can't post URLs yet so get rid of the brackets and dot --> .

Last edited:

Epitaph93

Intermediate Digidestined
Years
So I've been training my pokemon for a few hours and I just beat Blain. I love the starters because of how different they are. I personally went with Kabuto because he's a favorite of mine. The only errors I noticed were: The kid and biker that are battling in palette town are gone after getting your first pokemon. That means you have no reason to go to Viridian, and some players might not get the pokedex until later in the game. Also there's a movement error in the route below palette town. The little mountain that misty and the kid are on, there are two boulders at the base that you can walk through.

It's a very fun hack and I'm looking forward to getting to the swamp because it looks like the coolest map. If you haven't tried this one out yet you need to because it's very fun.

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2012
I'm sure whether or not this was intended (I don't have screenshots) but in Diglett Cave I caught the Moltres (Yeah, with a ****in pokeball) and after I caught it there was still a Moltres there - You could catch unlimited Moltres
Also directly to the left of where that Moltres was you can walk through the wall

Also - how do I get from Vermillion to Cerulean?

Last edited:

DaleH771

Pokémon: Giovanni Origins developer
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Although the mapping looks a bit poor, THIS LOOKS AMAZING.

It's the sort of hack where this style of mapping works because the hack as a whole is quite... Different, ts not too serious and looks fun!

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2013
Thanks, everyone!

I added a known bugs section and a "tips" section. The tips section is for little problems people keep having- How to get to Cerulean, the ice puzzle in Seafoam, those sort of things.

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
This is a fantastic idea. Honestly, I had never thought about it until now. Are you going to make other backwards games, like ruby/sapphire or gold/silver?

Although the mapping is mediocre at best, I think you get your point across very well as to what each area is and how it was supposed to be changed, and that's really all that matters in a hack. Nice graphics and touches are just buffs.

Although I won't be playing this hack (too much crap on my hands at the moment) I'll be lurking the forums as usual paying attention. Good luck, Godspeed.

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2012
The post-game is a bit weird - but are you really meant to win that battle at the end. Also, I can't see a reason you can't do the endgame before finishing the game.
The first member of the elite 4 deserved it and btw I feel the 8th gym was a bit underlevelled

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2014
I faced Koga with one, but I can't remember if it's south of Fuchsia city, or at the safari zone......

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2013
The post-game is a bit weird - but are you really meant to win that battle at the end.

Nope! Granted, some people on other forums have beaten it (Quick claw + Destiny Bond, Quick Claw + Sleep Powder/Leech Seed). That Pokemon is an inside joke I have with some friends, so this would probably seem unbelievably silly to others.

Also, the first Elite Four member is my favorite, and everyone is saying he's the hardest, too. Whoops.

The postgame being accessible only through knowing where it is is semi-intentional. That way, if somebody doesn't get their ROM to save (pretty common in Fire Red), they can still access the "postgame" with savestates.

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2013
Do pokemon that normally evolve by trade have the option to evolved by level or by stones? Or did you not change anything about that?

I'd like to know before I make an effort to raise up a horsea or an abra.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2013
Yes, I did. I probably wouldn't have made trade evos available if they didn't evolve, but it's so easy to make them evolve differently, there's no point.

Also, each trade evo evolves with the stone that makes the most sense, or the moon stone. Some might evolve by happiness. I can't remember.

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2013
I'm kind of stuck. I have completed the 4th badge (grass).

And I don't know where to go. I don't know where to find cut or strength or if I should have found them by now.

Disregard that. I forgot to talk to the warden after the safari zone. So I didn't have strength. Now I can access the game corner.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2013
I'm stuck again lol

Where do I find cut? I'm in Vermillion and I don't know where cut is.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2013
Odds are, if you're wondering where cut is, you haven't beaten Misty. Thus, it is worthless. HM locations have not been changed, but you need the SS ticket to get on the SS Anne.

You probably need to go to rock tunnel now. If you HAVE beaten Misty, then it's on the SS Anne, as usual.

Back