The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 22nd, 2012, 03:01 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post
Serebii has just announced two new items;

Shining Charm - When held makes it easier to encounter shiny Pokemon
Round Charm - Daycare man will find eggs quicker. When held.
An item that up's shiny encounter? Yes, now if only they had the radar too...

An item to eggs quicker is another good thing...some eggs lasted quite a while for me to get...
Old June 23rd, 2012, 03:18 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Ok...Serebii updated their site with the new Items in B2W2

Achroma Machine: A special device that forcibly awakens the powers of Pokemon. But it\'s a prototype, so it\'s unfinished.

Dirty Handkerchief: A handkerchief that a regular visitor to Nacrene City's "Cafe Warehouse" dropped. Faintly smells of Pokemon.

DNA Link Pin: A pair of linking pins to combine Kyurem and a Pokemon which were said to originally be one.

Forgotten Item: A LiveCaster picked up in Nimbasa City's Amusement Park.

License: A license card necessary to enter the Nature Sanctuary that very few people know of.

Medal Box: A box-like device which stores the medals you've collected and displays information about them.

Plasma Card: A card key needed in the Plasma Frigate when entering the Password.

Reflecting Mirror: A mysterious mirror that reflects the truth and changes Pokemon to their true forms.

Round Charm: A mysterious unbelievable charm that when held, makes it easier for the Daycare Man to find eggs.

Shining Charm: A mysterious shining charm that when held, makes it easier to encounter shiny Pokemon.

Last edited by Khrysta; June 23rd, 2012 at 06:56 PM.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 03:50 PM
Khrysta

I am curious as to what the Dirty Handkerchief is used for.....Also the Shiny Charm and Round Charm have to be held? How odd. Cool, but very odd.

I'm wondering how exactly they'll work. Will the Shiny Charm be like a Masuda Method as a Held Item? Will it combo with Round Charm for easily exploited Shiny Egg Hunting?

Last edited by Khrysta; June 23rd, 2012 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Adding more
Old June 23rd, 2012, 04:19 PM
Community Supporter

The Shiny charm simply works with wild Pokemon as the text for it says 'Encounter' so no there'll proably won't be a way to combo them. It would be nice if it worked on eggs though...
Old June 23rd, 2012, 07:10 PM
Aquarius1997
The Horoscopical Master

Nature: Quirky
The competative field is going to be full of shiny pokes
People are going to abuse the heck out of the shining charm

The Aquarius loves a party. Anytime, anywhere is their motto. It is not unlikely that an Aquarius will consider a wake a good place to meet chicks. Aquarians love to be naked. It is even better if they are naked and crocked. Froot Loops is a very Aquarian cereal. So is Rice Krispies, since it will engage in a friendly chat with the Aquarian as he or she is eating breakfast. Count Chocula is off-limits, however. It belongs to the Scorpios. Aquarians use the phrase "Dude, man..." frequently when describing philosophical concepts. Aquarians have out-of-body experiences on a daily basis. If you are talking to an Aquarian and he or she zones out, consider the conversation hopeless. He or she is talking to the guy three feet away from you. Aquarians are fun because they channel people. Plus, if you tell them to, they will run around naked. Aquarians like astronomy because they've been to all those places. If you want to know what the food is like on Saturn, ask an Aquarius. Aquarians can allow themselves every possible vice on the planet, and don't think twice about it. That is why they piss everyone else off. They are cosmically entitled to do this.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 07:24 PM
Community Supporter

Yeah seems like Shinies might not be as rare as they used to be but of course this depends on the shiny encounter rate the item provides. If it's higher than the Masuda method there will be some more shinies for sure.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 08:14 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
License: A license card necessary to enter the Nature Sanctuary that very few people know of.
Wanna know more about that location now. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post
Serebii has just announced two new items;

Shining Charm - When held makes it easier to encounter shiny Pokemon
Round Charm - Daycare man will find eggs quicker. When held.
100% for finding eggs quicker - that'll help RNGers too etc. But Shining Charm...? No. Just... I'd much rather find a shiny randomly than use a set item, despite never finding one in the first place. :x
Old June 23rd, 2012, 08:19 PM
Aquarius1997
The Horoscopical Master

Also the round charm will help out those impatient players who are breeding for perfect pokemon

The Aquarius loves a party. Anytime, anywhere is their motto. It is not unlikely that an Aquarius will consider a wake a good place to meet chicks. Aquarians love to be naked. It is even better if they are naked and crocked. Froot Loops is a very Aquarian cereal. So is Rice Krispies, since it will engage in a friendly chat with the Aquarian as he or she is eating breakfast. Count Chocula is off-limits, however. It belongs to the Scorpios. Aquarians use the phrase "Dude, man..." frequently when describing philosophical concepts. Aquarians have out-of-body experiences on a daily basis. If you are talking to an Aquarian and he or she zones out, consider the conversation hopeless. He or she is talking to the guy three feet away from you. Aquarians are fun because they channel people. Plus, if you tell them to, they will run around naked. Aquarians like astronomy because they've been to all those places. If you want to know what the food is like on Saturn, ask an Aquarius. Aquarians can allow themselves every possible vice on the planet, and don't think twice about it. That is why they piss everyone else off. They are cosmically entitled to do this.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 08:30 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
Omg, that shiny charm and that License are amazing items. I wanna know where we could obtain these! One feels like you could obtain it from the Battle Subway as a prize, while the other feels like something Cedric or Professor Juniper would give you.

The "Forgotten Item" is pretty interesting. I wonder what its purpose really is.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 08:41 PM
Aquarius1997
The Horoscopical Master

Jellicent why do change your avatar every five seconds >~<

I want to see the forgotten item too because it resembles a broken C-gear or a broken Xtransceiver
Watch it be the rivals or maybe the old protagonist's

Old June 23rd, 2012, 09:35 PM
Community Supporter

It's be horrible fridge logic if it were the old player character's...

The license sounds interesting. I wonder if these are Key items that will be distributed to wi-fi. The License might lead to a place to catch Shaymin, or Celebi, or maybe both...
Old June 23rd, 2012, 09:37 PM
Khrysta

The forgotten Item isn't the Main Protag's from B/W. Hilbert's is Blue and Hilda's is Pink. That one is Yellow. Its most likely like the Lost Item/Lost Doll from Generation 1.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 09:50 PM
Community Supporter

Wonder if perhaps the lost item and the napkin are part of an item chain in which we find one, give it to it's owner, than get a new item from them and look for that thing's owner. The award for returning them could be the license or something nice like a gift Pokemon.
Old June 24th, 2012, 06:32 AM
Khrysta

Wow you really have to work to get those charms....

11:49; Once you've captured all Pokémon in the Unova Pokédex, Professor Juniper will give you the Round Charm. Once you've complete the National Pokédex, Professor Juniper will give you the Shiny Charm

And here is what the License does:
11:28; When you have finished the Unova Dex and speak to Professor Juniper, she gives you the license. Show this to the person at the Mistralton Airport and Skyla will take you via plane to somewhere off the map, the Nature Sanctuary
This place has grass containing non-Unovas such as Girafarig, rivers etc. but in the middle of it is a Level 60 Shiny Haxorus
Old June 24th, 2012, 06:39 AM
Haseyo
쏘쿨

I actually like that we must complete the dex. There was never any motivation to do so previously.
Old June 24th, 2012, 06:53 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Hey guys, has anyone found Water Stone?
I've got loads of other stones but I couldn't find Water Stone... does anyone know where to find one?
Old June 24th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Haseyo
쏘쿨

No idea. Even tried Googling, and all I find are threads from other sites asking the SAME question. Won't be seeing too many Vaporeons at this point, haha.
Old June 24th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Community Supporter

It does seem like GF is giving us incentives to complete the dex with these items. It'll make things more fun that way.
We still have yet to learn what the napkin, and broken c-gear are for...
The napkin's description is kind of creepy, it says that it smells faintly of Pokemon...
Old June 24th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haseyo View Post
No idea. Even tried Googling, and all I find are threads from other sites asking the SAME question. Won't be seeing too many Vaporeons at this point, haha.
It's really weird that the only possibility are Dust Clouds :/
And thanks to the missing part of obtaining the elemental monkey the selection of stones is also missing :/
Well... I'll be searching... hope to find one...
Old June 24th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
On the topic of Stones I hope that we can buy them somewhere, it's SUCH a pain to go into dust clouds to find them because it's all up to chance. I think we might, because now the Eevee line is in the new Unova dex.

Ok anyway I think the Round Charm and the Shining Charm are really interesting, I'm curious as to how they work in game. I don't think they would affect competitive much because you could just RNG a shiny or go on PO and use a shiny but it might make it easier for people like me who can't RNG to find a shiny, lol.

What do you guys think the Forgotten Item and the Dirty Hankerchief are? And what does the Achroma Machine do? And what is this Nature Sanctuary?
Old June 24th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Purchasing the older stones would be a huge relief, but from what the users who have the games are saying, that apparently isn't possible. :c
Which sucks, because I would legit buy fifty of each.

The Achroma Machine seems to affect the Crustle in Seaside Cave, from what serebii has revealed.
Maybe the forgotten item has something to do with Ghetsis? Maybe even Genesect. No idea, but I know I'm excited for that Round and Shiny charm. They'll be a hard task to get, but I can't wait!
Old June 24th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Community Supporter

Uh in Black's Black city one can buy stones so one can proably find them there in B2W2 too.
Perhaps' Ghetsis dropped the C-gear after escaping.
Old June 24th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Haseyo
쏘쿨

Yeah if you have your Black City with a bunch of people, I believe the shops in there sell various stones.
Old June 24th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Community Supporter

Kind of sucks for those of us who lack people around area to get NPC's from...
Wish they could put stones in the department store like in Kanto...
Old June 24th, 2012, 10:21 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

I also noticed a lot of trainers have a Life Orb attached to their Pokemon. I wonder if this means that they'll be available relatively early. I know I would certainly like one for my Pokemon!

Also, do the colored Shards have a confirmed location?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links