• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen obligatory music thread.

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
This has been posted on Pokebeach. They play during the Pokemon World Tournament battles.

All five of the Gym Leaders/Elite Four themes (RBY/GSC/RSE/DPPt/BW):
Spoiler:

Five Champion themes and Iris' Champion theme (Blue/Lance and Red/Steven and Wallace/Cynthia/Alder/Iris):
Spoiler:

I'm amazed. This is probably one of the best things to have come out of these games. Brings back fond memories.

I screamed. I sang and danced to all of these songs and my family just watched
( hard to love pokemon while everyone else doesnt care) the techno is increidible

Now to listen to the rest of the music im gonna fangasm so much

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
Years
^ To the above: It is true, Red has been confirmed to be making an appearance in the Pokemon World Tournament.

Yeah, I found Burgh's gym theme to be calming too. It sounds almost psychedelic in nature (probably a reference to his love for art).

...This is the best game ever. Everyone else go home.

Looked up Burgh's gym theme. didn't listen to it earlier on account of dying over nostalgia It does sound really nice, nice and nature-y. I like!

Listened to Elesa's theme too. What is this, TWEWY? And Skyla's reminds me of LoZ. Homika's is awesome, hope they keep that in the US release.

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
JUST TAKE IT GAMEFREAK!!!! TAKE ALL MY MONEY !!!
OH MY GAWD O_o gamefreak is going in the right direction
The music is not good its perfect the music fits them all perfectly and Ghetsis and Achroma music was too die 4 X_x

How could you all hate Elesas music GF is just getting more realistic with pokemon and we all know that if that song was real a modeling agency WOULD play it

o/> Are you ready?o/>

YES ELESA YES<33333

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Listened to Elesa's theme too. What is this, TWEWY? And Skyla's reminds me of LoZ. Homika's is awesome, hope they keep that in the US release.
That's what I thought when I heard it, but I like it.

Also Drayden's music sounds epic!
The best is proably Drayden's but I have yet to hear Cheren, Burgh (in a clear video), and Shizui's.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
Aspertia City's theme was my fave.

Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
Aspertia City's theme was my fave.

Spoiler:
No comment for the last one...

Admit it though,
Spoiler:
was cool ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2012
The town BGMs are sounding very Sinnoh-esque in my opinion with B2W2.

Especially Virbank City's theme, but maybe its just because I've been played too much Platinum lately.

Nonetheless, I love the soundtrack.

Cid

Years
From that music bit in Jellicent's sig, I could say I adore Shizui's Gym track. Definitely one of my favourite renditions of the Gym theme. It's just so chill and relaxing. Which is really fitting for the Water-type theme of the Gym, and it kind of gives a tropical or beach vibe. :)

I generally love the soundtrack so far, though! Still new to the vocals because my only experience with that would be Ghetsis' Theme from BW but I think I'll manage.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
From that music bit in Jellicent's sig, I could say I adore Shizui's Gym track. Definitely one of my favourite renditions of the Gym theme. It's just so chill and relaxing. Which is really fitting for the Water-type theme of the Gym, and it kind of gives a tropical or beach vibe. :)

I generally love the soundtrack so far, though! Still new to the vocals because my only experience with that would be Ghetsis' Theme from BW but I think I'll manage.

Right!? It's perfect for a Water-type gym!

The soundtrack is pretty amazing. I'm loving all of the themes, actually. I love the new Gym Battle theme, love Ghetsis', love Iris'; they're just all amazing.

Sakura Rain

Years
Oh god Shizui's. I was all "this is playing in a gym THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER" I love his. Does Cheren not have a gym theme, seeing as he (apparently) fights outdoors?

The new Plasma theme is brilliant, I looooooove it omg. Had a listen to Sinnoh's Gym Leader/Champion theme: SWEET MERCIFUL JESUS TAKE MY MONEY

Years
All the remixed old themes aaaaaaaaa all my criez ;___; I really like Iris' theme; not too intense like Cynthia's but just as amazing in its own way nonetheless. I really want this game.

To be honest though, I'm not too fond of the rival battle music... stopped listening about a minute in since it was a bit boring to me. I'm sure I'll get used to it with how often we'll be battling him, though. XD;

The remixed B/W gym theme was the best, though!! it was already my favorite song and it got even betterrrr.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
All of the battle theme remixes took me back to the time when I battled against gym leaders/champions of older games. I loved them. Especially Blue's theme, Lance/Red's theme, and the Kanto/Hoenn/Sinnoh gym themes.

Sakura Rain

Years
YOU GUYS YOU GUYS I JUST NOW FOUND THE KANTO CHAMPION THEME

OMG

OMFG

/DYING

IT IS PERFECT

this is not an overreaction at all, why do you ask

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2012
I like the addition of lyrics to some of the themes. Not full on words, but just a line or two can add immensely while still adhering to tradition Pokemon. I just hope they sound good paired with the game is all

Raichupacabra

Villain
Years
This soundtrack is close to flawless. The flaw is that the Elite Four didn't get an even more epic battle theme. But I love everything I've heard. Especially Roxie's gym. Dogar c:

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
This soundtrack is close to flawless. The flaw is that the Elite Four didn't get an even more epic battle theme.
Why mess with perfection? It was already the best theme in BW, so why do anything with it?
Also, just heard this today. I AM IN LOVE <3 Go Iris! It reminds me so much of Deoxys, which is by far the best theme ever. But at the same time it was fitting for her and the stage that you battle her on (space). So upbeat, yet so serious. Makes me cry with joy. OKAY NOT REALLY
Spoiler:

Also, here is another song they did an amazing job remixing. It was already one of my faves, and I'm excited that they re-vamped it.
Spoiler:

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
Woah...Iris's song is epic! It makes me think of falling stars, for some reason....

This is completely random, but whenever I hear any version of the Johto Champ theme, I think of eating ramen. There is an explanation here, however- the day I beat Red on SS, I was interrupted by lunch, which was ramen noodles for some reason.

Sakura Rain

Years
The revamp of the Hoenn Champion theme is godly. Can't say the same for the Hoenn Gym Leader theme, now that I've taken my nostalgia goggles off. It doesn't feel frantic enough.

Had a re-listen to Elesa's Gym theme. It's starting to grow on me, you guys. Love love love Roxie's Gym theme. (have I said that already? lol)

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
The revamp of the Hoenn Champion theme is godly. Can't say the same for the Hoenn Gym Leader theme, now that I've taken my nostalgia goggles off. It doesn't feel frantic enough.

Had a re-listen to Elesa's Gym theme. It's starting to grow on me, you guys. Love love love Roxie's Gym theme. (have I said that already? lol)
I haven't taken off my nostalgia goggles since I first heard the themes. And I'm loving every second of it.

Roxie's and Elesa's Gym themes still weird me out a bit. At leasts Elesa's is funny, but Roxie's is just her band spelling out and shouting Koffing. And her band's name is Koffing. Seriously, wat?

Back