• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
"@ProSyncro _ Fully Done? No time soon. Probably not even by this year. The beta will go to the 4th gym so thats a decent amount for now."

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Hey mewmasterify I made banner in 256 colors your banner was good but it's in 16 colors so it looks quite messed up trying using this.. :D

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2012
Wow, I just read through this whole thread and the most recent sprites posted look great!
I'll definitely give this hack a shot once a version is uploaded :D

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
An update will be posted tommorrow with new pics. I havent had internet access in a week, but I have still been working on it

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2012
Hey nice game, but

is the memory of the gba games that big so you can add fifth generation pkmn, because i tried once and my game didnt work very well

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
is the memory of the gba games that big so you can add fifth generation pkmn, because i tried once and my game didnt work very well

No she just replaced the old pokemon with the new pokemon because it would really be hard if we'll put them all together.. :)

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Thanks for the reply to Crawdawnt, Tajaros. What he said is correct.

Update:

Here's something extra in the game people may skip so I decided to post it.
This is PokeTime. I know most of you are veteran players and some are competitive battlers like myself. But there may be rookies playing the hack so my partner scripter Tajaros decided in various cities they'll be a tv show on that will give you tips and hints for battles. Some will even give you advice tips like "Ferroseed may seem like a boring defensive pokemon. But don't be fooled. It has access to spikes, stealth rock, and leech seed when it evolves. Be sure to try one out for yourself!" etc etc etc, you get the point.
153rzur.png
mcf1iu.png

25oxs00.png
24eanud.png

28v8tg8.png

Some In-Game Shots:
2mgv8dv.png
Haven't inserted the correct feet marks and probably won't ever...
28vawhw.png

30m3lgi.png

28wfeh0.png
That Tailow about to get slaughtered...
2vmzpxi.png
Like some pokemon games, about 4-5 pokemon are only available by trading trainers in various places. Larvesta being one of them...

2u6z9c9.jpg
Here's a look at one of my favorite gym leaders later on in the hack. EON, the Electric Gym Leader.

(As of right now, the backsprites for the following pokemon are not inserted perfectly. I'll get to re-sizing if I remember and have time. They're front sprites are perfect though: Rhyperior, Togekiss, Ambipom, Yanmega, Tangrowth, Roserade, Magnezone.)

I'm inserting the last handful of pokemon today, then all that's left is for my buddy Tajaros to insert all the scripts over and I believe we'll be ready to release it! Woohoo...

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2012
I've seen your Derugis idea
DRGDarugis96x96.png

and i've thaught of making a sprite so if you want to use it

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@ Kyle_649

It looks great, but I've already decided & inserted Midnight Shine's version. Thanks for your effort though. I will be using your Kyurem White/Black sprites for sure, however.

Good news though. The rom is in the hands of Tajaros now. Once he finishes inserting the rest of the scripts, it will be released right away after I check everything. No more updates, teasers, etc. It will be public very soon.

In the meantime, I can finally take a break from this until Tajaros is done. I'll be getting my hands on Pokemon Conquest & finishing up Mass Effect 3. So I won't be posting or online until Tajaros says he's finish. I see alot of very good looking and detailed story hacks near beta completion as well. I wish all hackers the best of luck & hopefully there will be plenty of new hacks to play very soon.

Last edited:
Years
This is my very first post so I apologize in advance for any errors. I joined to comment on this hack and participate in rom hacking myself soon. anyway this hack looks incredible and very engaging from the get-go. I like the fact your not making it perfect but fun and creative enough for members to still anticipate it as much as i am. I have a question however. I see keldeo is in the hack (he is my favorite pokemon ever.) if my guess is correct it seems the rival will be siding with him...so will he be able to be captured? sorry if this is a long post. it is my first and I am very excited to play. goodluck!

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
This is my very first post so I apologize in advance for any errors. I joined to comment on this hack and participate in rom hacking myself soon. anyway this hack looks incredible and very engaging from the get-go. I like the fact your not making it perfect but fun and creative enough for members to still anticipate it as much as i am. I have a question however. I see keldeo is in the hack (he is my favorite pokemon ever.) if my guess is correct it seems the rival will be siding with him...so will he be able to be captured? sorry if this is a long post. it is my first and I am very excited to play. goodluck!

As DarkRisingGirl said you will be able to get KELDEO later in the game when your RIVAL gives it to you... :)

Years
Ah I see...will the other muskedeers be available as well? I am interested in your fakemon darugis. what type will it be? I guess I will find out for myself soon I hope. I will be checking this thread for the beta and possible updates regularly.

PokemonGiratinaX

2015 Edition.
Years
Cool!

The story of this game is really good! But, maybe you should
change the Overworld sprite of the main-character.
Anyway , I'am supporting this hack :D

Nacas9

master of training quilava
Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2016
looks interesting, have you decided when in july will the first beta be out?

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2014
I can't wait for this! It seems like it'll be one of the best hacks ever. I'm wondering though, if the Pokémon's sprites are animated or not?

By the way, will Ho-oh be catchable or will Ash have him?

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@ Lugia_Da_Boss

Ash will have Ho-Oh & No the sprites won't be animated, but every pokemon will have new better looking sprites. (Blastoise looks really really badass IMO.)

In addition to the scripts still being inserted, brand new trainer sprites from BW2 are being inserted & the custom sprites I posted all have been fixed & their colors are perfect now.

Release coming soon, I can assure that.

Back