Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge
Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Old June 23rd, 2012, 08:01 AM
Magic

Advertise here

Danger on the S.S. Anne

No Spaces Remaining!
Rating: T

Introduction:
I’ve been sitting on this idea for a while now, and thought that the great cruise of the S.S. Anne could become a premise for a roleplay. This roleplay is a mix of Journey-style and a competition, posts need to be made for the events however there will be adequate time for this (hopefully a week).

Plot:
Two mysterious characters have been handing out luxury cruise tickets, for free! Trainers from all over the Kanto region have been invited onboard the cruise liner, S.S. Anne, for a month of battling, good food and a well deserved holiday. The liner will make occasional stops, serving both as a means of day trips around Kanto (and allows for late passengers to board!). This will also provide a change to capture new Pokémon, as the variety at sea isn't that diverse.

Unfortunately, if you recall the anime, this trip may not go as smoothly as expected. A troublesome group are on board, who will stop at nothing to steal the relaxing trainers’ Pokémon. Unfortunately it looks like they have have infiltrated your ranks, enjoying themselves around you and learning your habits and weaknesses. Things are about to get dangerous on the S.S. Anne

You:
Come one, come all! You are a trainer from the Kanto region (although you can originate from elsewhere if you wish) who has been invited to Viridian City for the launching of the brilliant cruise liner, the S.S. Anne. It's unsinkable, probably.

At first your role is to interact and have fun, however as the game progresses and the plot unfolds you will have to work together to find the intruder among you. One character, at this point in the game (not the beginning), will be secretly labelled as the impostor. Only myself and the character's owner will know. At that stage the RP gets a bit darker, and every week or so a vote will happen.

The Vote:
The vote will happen OOC, however your Characters are free to voice their opinions IC. Players will pick one character that they feel could be impostor. If the vote is successful then the game is over! But let's hope that doesn't happen too soon. If the group collectively vote for someone innocent however... the impostor is free to meddle with the ship and the trainers.

At the end of a vote there will be a 'Results' post, which will be written by myself with help from the intruder-character's player. Each post will end with something substantial happening in response to the vote - Pokémon may be stolen, people might be injured, or worse...

Stop-off Locations:
Spoiler:
  1. Fuschia City [Safari Zone][Gym]
  2. Seafoam Islands [Cave]
  3. Mossdeep City [Space Center][Gym]
  4. Mikan Island [Surfing][Gym]
  5. Pinkan Island [Berry Picking][Exotic Pokémon]
  6. Navel Island [Snow Sports][Gym]
  7. The Open Ocean

S.S. Anne Rooms:
Spoiler:
  • Cabins for each of the characters (and many more) act as resting spots. Minor damage can be healed from resting here.
  • The Nurses' Room is where you would go if any of your Pokémon end up fainting, or with a status condition. You can also go to the Nurses' room if your chaacter is unwell or injured in the crossfire.
  • Battle Arenas are scattered around the boat, each battle system is fixed with an automated umpire, which makes sure all the fights are fair.
  • The Trading Room is similar to that of the anime, trades are controlled by a machine to make sure there is no foul play. Prior to trading all a Pokémon's details are showed on the monitor so the trainer can see exactly what is on offer.
  • The Food Aisle is filled to the brim with buffet food, breakfast/lunch/dinner is all available here. It is up to you to use this area, whenever you feel your character needs a snack, and is a good place for conversation.
  • Out on Deck is the only place you can hope to find wild Pokémon. Each stretch of the ocean will have a different array of Pokémon, however these are mostly limited to water and flying types.

Rules:
General:
  • All PC rules apply.
  • No Godmodding or Bunnying.
  • T-Rated, so keep swearing to a minimal and bare this in mind. If in doubt about what you can post feel free to ask.
  • If I ask you to change something, please do so.
  • The impostor MUST remain secret. If the secret gets out it is very hard to reassign it to someone else.
  • You start with a maximum of three Pokémon. However, you can trade Pokémon with other characters (or some NPCs I will introduce) or catch new ones (see below).

Battling/Capturing Pokémon:
Spoiler:
  • You may only battle, and thus capture, Pokémon stated on the most current event post. This will be summarised in the first post.
  • After a wildbattle takes place I will award your Pokémon experience. Moves will be learnt in BW order as listed by bulbapedia.
  • The move limit for Pokémon is four, however 'standard' moves can be used regardless. This includes things such as Tackle, Pound and Growl. Standard moves will be listed with an underline.
  • Battles may also lead to item rewards, if I feel the post was very well written.
  • Catching a Pokémon must end with the Pokéball being thrown. You must then wait for me to post the outcome before continuing on.
  • The outcome will be decided by a dice roll. Either real or digital, whatever I can grab. Common Pokémon will be easiest to catch, Very Rare will be the hardest.
  • When it comes to player vs player battles please remember to end your post without inflicting control on anyone else's character. If you're finding it tedious writing short posts it may be a good idea to plan your battle together OOC.

List of 'Standard' moves which do not contribute to the 4 moves of choice.:
Spoiler:
If you think other moves deserve to be on the list please say.
  • Scratch
  • Pound
  • Tackle
  • Growl
  • Tail Whip
  • Leer
Remember, these techniques still have to be learnt!

Character:
Quote:
Full Name:
Age (16+):
Appearance: Photo/Paragraph
Personality: Paragraph
Biography: Detailed please! Min. 2 Paragraphs
Pokémon (Max 3)
Quote:
Species:
Nickname:
Level: [Level Cap: 40] Be realistic! If you are a beginning trainer you won't have three level 30 Pokémon. Remember your three Pokémon can be different levels.
Moveset: Any four moves that the Pokémon could have learnt, from it's level (BW Pokédex). You may inclue one bonus Egg Move or TM move. Remember that standard moves do not count to your moveset - see the Rules section for more details.
Short Bio: About a paragraph would be good.

Accepted Players:
At the moment I am going to cap the numbers at 12 15 16?, however if it's working comfortably more plays may open up.
  1. Giselle O'Brien (~Genevieve~)
  2. Ayame Akiko (PinkSapphire)
  3. Sarah Reyes (Greiger)
  4. Eve Murphy (NightOfRemorse)
  5. Caydee Mint (Meganium90)
  6. Dorian Dammer (Mick Fizz)
  7. Skylar Weathers (Mystical Mermaid)
  8. Johnny Tran (First Snow)
  9. Link James Hunter (Baker's Bulbasaur)
  10. Lucas Harding (FinalMaster)
  11. Waver Cato (silverexorcist)
  12. Melody Rainwater (CrumbledCandyWrapper)
  13. Orenji (PkmnRangerJ)
  14. Hogan Jules (Zagan)
  15. George Leggingsteele (Mr. Mammoth)
  16. Ortzi Aidyn (Fuyu)

Last edited by Magic; August 1st, 2012 at 11:44 AM.
Old June 26th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Denny Hamlin
i can f e e l again

Nature: Brave
Hi Swifty... you know I'm handing in my reservation for this! :) I'll get an SU up by tomorrow or tomorrow night! :D

Although it doesn't say how many "players" you're accepting so I assume it's unlimited. Whether or not, count me in. ^____^
MOD of FC&G & battle server // paired to Buoysel & Kanzler // rival of Jeff Gordon
[14:19] Slate...: yes megan is an independent black man who needs no shower & black woman to lead his new transsexual life
Old June 27th, 2012, 02:00 AM
Magic

I look forward to your SU Megan! Just a note I have added 'Abilities' to the Pokémon SU, to add a bit more diversity. It can be a useful tool in writing as well.

I've also clarified that there are 12 spots available at the moment!
Old June 27th, 2012, 05:12 AM
jackblaze
Greatness = Working Hard

Nature: Relaxed
Wandering if I can make a reservation for this? It seems pretty interesting and i need another rp to occupy my endless hours
Old June 27th, 2012, 05:56 AM
Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackblaze View Post
Wandering if I can make a reservation for this? It seems pretty interesting and i need another rp to occupy my endless hours
Of course I look forward to seeing your character!
Old June 27th, 2012, 06:28 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Awww, this looks fun~! Reserve me? :3

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old June 27th, 2012, 06:43 AM
Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
Awww, this looks fun~! Reserve me? :3
Of course ^-^

I have put more details up about how the movesets are working, in the first post. Basically:

Quote:
Nickname: Bulby
Level: 15
Ability: Overgrow
Moveset: Tackle, Growl, Leech Seed, Vine Whip, Poison Powder, Take Down.
In this example you can see I have looked at the moves a lv 15 Bulbasaur would know, underlined simple moves (which are found in a spoiler in the top post) and then chosen four other moves.

Hope that's ok :3 Any questions feel free to ask!
Old June 27th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Mystical Mermaid
Resident Mermaid

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mystical Mermaid
This looks like a really cool idea! It's kind of like a dinner theater style (I'd say murder mystery but I don't think there's going to be murder), which is really interesting. I'll reserve a slot if that's okay.
Old June 27th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical Mermaid View Post
This looks like a really cool idea! It's kind of like a dinner theater style (I'd say murder mystery but I don't think there's going to be murder), which is really interesting. I'll reserve a slot if that's okay.
Who knows ;]. Anywho, you are certainly reserved a place
Old June 27th, 2012, 07:13 AM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

Nature: Lonely
This looks really cool :3 can I reserve

Edit: Done :3

Full Name: Giselle O'Brien

Hometown: Undella Town

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Giselle stands at 5'4 and weighs the average weight for a girl her age. Her skin is pale and her large brown eyes stand out against her skin. Her hair is blonde in color and naturally curly and a small part of her hair on the left side is in a little mini ponytail. The upper part of both her ears are pierced with silver rings. Giselle dresses in a tank top that is a medium shade of pink, light pink, and light gold in color on the stripes and dot pattern. She wears a pair of jean short shorts and has a tattoo that is seen right at the bottom of her shorts on her left leg. The tattoo is a small pink heart with angel wings below it. She wears a pair of dark pink ballet flat shoes that has a ribbon of the same color that ties up part of her leg.

Personality: Giselle is a very sweet and kind girl...to those she likes. Though getting her to like you can be hard. Giselle is a hard person to impress and is usually cold to people until they do so due to her hard childhood. Giselle holds a strong love and respect for Pokemon and if she sees someone either trying to take someone else's Pokemon or mistreating their own she will act and it won't be pretty. She may not look like much but Giselle is skilled in Martial Arts. If you manage to impress her you will never find a better friend. Giselle is caring and kind to her friends and also very protective of them. She would stand between her friends and anything to keep them from harm.

If your not lucky enough to impress Giselle she will stay cold towards you, and couldn't care less what happened to the person as long as the Pokemon where okay. For those she doesn't like Giselle leaves them on their own, no worry in her mind she's got herself and her friends to worry about.

Biography: Giselle was born in in Undella Town in the Unova region but she didn't have an easy childhood. Her mother died when Giselle was five years old leaving her with her father who taught her martial arts and other things growing up. Her father taught her not to let anyone in that didn't impress her, and that those who didn't weren't worthy of her time. He taught her how important the bond between humans and Pokemon were and when she was ten he sent Giselle to Professor Juniper and she recieved an Oshawott. Right away Giselle made her first friend her Oshawott who she nicknamed Jet. After that Giselle was inseparable from her Pokemon and she traveled in Unova. On her Journey Giselle caught two other Pokemon and Pansear and a Panpour but didn't develop as close a bond with them.

When Giselle turned 11 she had placed 7th in the Pokemon League and was happy with the result, she didn't care about winning she just loved Pokemon so much. After the Pokemon league two boys came up to her and asked if she wanted to trade her Pansear and Panpour for their Tepig and Snivy. Giselle agreed and traded receiving her two new Pokemon. A bond grew as strong as the bond she has with Jet and she named the Tepig Flara, and the Snivy Rosie. At that moment she decided she was going to have Jet now a Dewott evolve into his final form and then have Rosie go to her second form and keep Flara as a Tepig. She continued to train her Pokemon after she returned home and at 16 she recieved an invitation to the S.S. Anne.

Pokemon:
Spoiler:
Jet
Spoiler:
Species: Dewott

Level: 35

Ability: Shell Armor

Moveset: Razor Shell, Aqua Jet, Fury Cutter, Water Pledge

Personality: Jet is a very calm and collected Pokemon, remind others of how calm water can be. He cares deeply for his trainer as well as for Flara and Rosie. He doesn't like to be beaten but he isn't to competitive and doesn't take it that badly. He just does his best to make Giselle proud.

Short Bio: Jet was born and Raised in Professor Junipers Pokemon lab. When Giselle was ten years old he was given to her by the Professor and has been at her side ever since.

Flara
Spoiler:
Species: Tepig

Level: 27

Ability: Blaze

Moveset: Heat Crash, Flame Charge, Rollout, Fire Pledge

Personality: Flara is a very headstrong Pokemon. She loves to battle and can get very competitive but she will listen to orders faithfully. Like Jet she has grown to be protective of Giselle

Short Bio: Flara like Jet was born in Professor Junipers lab but she was never around Jet or Rosie. A week before Giselle chose her Pokemon Flara was chosen by a boy named Evan. She never had a strong bond with Evan but she liked him well enough. She was traded to Giselle for a Panpour and has been with her ever since.

Rosie
Spoiler:
Species: Servine

Level: 32

Ability: Overgrow

Moveset: Leaf Blade, Leaf Tornado, Mega Drain, Grass Pledge

Personality: Rosie is a more quiet Pokemon. She does what she is told and that's it. She cares deeply for Giselle and is protective of her but not the extent that Flara and Jet are. Rosie enjoys battles and listens but her favorite thing to do is nap in the sun.

Short Bio: Rosie was born in Professor Junipers lab and was chosen by a boy named Garret two weeks before Giselle choose her starter. Rosie did like Garret but the boy was a little to harsh in battles. Rosie was traded for Giselle's Pansear and has been with her ever since.

Last edited by SylveonStar; June 27th, 2012 at 10:34 AM.
Old June 27th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Genevieve~ View Post
This looks really cool :3 can I reserve
Of course, I look forward to hearing about Giselle!
Old June 27th, 2012, 07:29 AM
jackblaze
Greatness = Working Hard

Finished
Full Name:
Rajay Murdock

Hometown:
Saffron City

Appearance:

Mr Cool Kid. Always a "swagging" sort of character, matching out in every way possible, if one day he wore a red shirt he probably had on his red hat and red shoes. Of medium height and average build regular for a boy of his age, having yellow blonde hair which is usually covered by his hat but with hair still protruding from the front of his cap. Usually dressed in a brown shirt with sleeves that end a little pass his elbows and light blue jeans with a matching brown and blue hat. Finishing off his look his brown belt designed to hold his pokeballs, his poketch on hand, his light blue gloves and his "lucky" emerald pendant.

Personality:
Arrogant and talkative are just a few words used to described Rajay. Jay is a spirited and energetic boy who is always ready to battle and even more ready to talk, something he loves to do almost as much as battling. Jay, or Murdock as some people refer to him as, can sometimes be perceived as a liar due to the fact that he often embellishes the truth to make himself sound better. If he battles and loses miserable he will always speak of the good moments he might have had and never speak of the defeat itself.

Jay does have his good qualities though, he is a loyal friend and a world class trainer(his words not mine). And then we find our way back at his bad qualities, he doesn't usually do it on purpose but sometimes he causes trouble for himself with his arrogant and ignorant behavior and his rash decision making. A hot head could be another name to call him but not to his face, or else you might face the consequences....

Biography:

Well it's probably no surprise that one of the biggest mouths in Kanto came from one of the biggest cities, Saffron. So the stories begin 19 years ago when Rajay was born into the hustle 'n' bustle world of the city and pokemon. Born into a family rich with history known for having great battling ability and talented trainers and breeders but he was an only child who grew up with cousins and aunts and uncles all around him to remind him of family success.

Jack grew up around lots of friends and had his non stop stories to tell them over the years, aside from his time he spent in Saffron he traveled alot learning about the history of pokemon and the world they were living in. But he always returned with a story to tell whether they liked it or not.

At the end of the day Jay went with what he grew up and knew about and took off on his pokemon adventure with his trusty Growlithe hoping to emulate the family success and build his own name. He decided to journey with his Skitty and Heracross that he had caught while on his travels to other regions thinking it would be a easy road especially with the great ability that he believed he had.

It was a breeze up until the point he was stuck at Fuchsia City and their gym leader Janine who had bested him three times since his arrival there. Jay spent days training, sitting, wandering what next, if he couldn't beat all the gyms how could he go back to his hometown or his family. What would he do......

Pokemon

Spoiler:

Species: Arcanine
Nickname: Ace
Level: 34
Ability: Flash Fire
Moveset: Flamethrower-Flame Wheel-Agility-Thunder Fang
Personality: Polar opposite of his trainer, Ace is a calm and cool as they get, usually just happy to be with his trainer and battling only one thing will make Ace incredibly happy and that's an open field for him to run through. Still always looking out for Jay though and serves as his guardian.
Short Bio: Was Jay's guardian from a young age and as Jay grew so did he changing from a little growlithe chasing around a little boy ensuring he is safe and now into a fierce and powerful battler always dependable in battle and even serving as Jay's main form of transportation.

Species: Heracross
Nickname: Hercules
Level: 28
Ability: Guts
Moveset: Tackle-Leer-Horn Attack-Aerial Ace-Focus Punch-Endure
Personality: Now like trainer like pokemon, the hot head of the team. Look at him too hard and prepare to battle, look at the other pokemon on his team too hard prepare to fight, sneeze in a manner he doesn't like and expect a focus punch to the face.
Short Bio: Caught on a trip to Johto just to prove to his friends that he is a globe trotter who travels as much as he says. Ended up becoming one of his main battlers through his journey.

Species:Skitty
Nickname: Charmer
Level: 21
Ability: Cute Charm
Moveset: Tackle-Tail Whip-Growl-Attract-Sing-Doubleslap-Copycat
Personality: Will always try and charm her way out of anything, especially since she is a little trouble maker going around and eating peoples food just generally causing mayhem. But who could be mad at the cute little Skitty.
Short Bio: Another pokemon caught just to prove a point but Skitty was just too irresistible even for Jay and he just had to catch her, doesnt hurt with the ladies either

Last edited by jackblaze; June 27th, 2012 at 10:21 AM.
Old June 27th, 2012, 07:56 AM
NightOfRemorse
my anxieties have anxieties

May I reserve a spot? This looks awesome asdfghjkl;
Why you act frightened?
I am enlightened
Your weakness builds me, so someday you'll see
I stay away
Old June 27th, 2012, 08:19 AM
TurkishDelight
Scott Mescudi

Would it be possible to reserve a spot? This roleplay looks incredible!

Old June 27th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Magic

Nice start jackblaze!

Sure thing NightOfRemorse, I'll add you to the reservations list.

edit:// Ninja'd by TurkishDelight, reserved too
Old June 27th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Please reserve me a place i'll get my SU up as fast as i can
Pair
Roleplays
Deviantart
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old June 27th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSapphire View Post
Please reserve me a place i'll get my SU up as fast as i can
Reservation noted!

4 definite places left. Since there seems to be a lot of demand I may bump up the numbers a few if we hit 12 so soon.
Old June 27th, 2012, 08:41 AM
RyanRoksXD
Pokemon Hunger Games Tribute

Nature: Bold
I'm writing my SU as we speak, reserve me a spot
Old June 27th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
Reserve me. Now. I will get my SU up today! XD
Old June 27th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanRoksXD View Post
I'm writing my SU as we speak, reserve me a spot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greiger View Post
Reserve me. Now. I will get my SU up today! XD
Ahhh reservations for you both.
Old June 27th, 2012, 09:16 AM
OmegaPinkMan
Lonely Planet Boy

Send a message via Skype™ to OmegaPinkMan
This sounds interesting. Save me a spot, please, and I will have my SU as soon as I can.
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Old June 27th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Fizz View Post
This sounds interesting. Save me a spot, please, and I will have my SU as soon as I can.
Awesome, I'll add in your reservation.

Everyone who had reserved so far hereby has 48 hours to complete their SU. I'm also going to bump up the total to 15.
Old June 27th, 2012, 09:55 AM
RyanRoksXD
Pokemon Hunger Games Tribute

Nature: Bold
Ryan's SU!

Spoiler:
Full Name: Ryan Blake

Hometown: Accumula Town, Unova

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality: Ryan is a heartbreaker. He uses girls to get what he wants, and sometimes even asks them to lose battles so that he can win. Ryan is very convincing and can make a girl believe they love him. But Ryan is very sensitive, and he loves his Pokémon. He will do anything to win, however, which can really mess up a lot of relationships with other trainers and they may suspect that he is the impostor………. But he has never denied that he was.

Biography: Ryan hails from the Unova region, and was born and raised in a small town called Accumula Town. Ryan lived there until he was 15, and with two of his trusty Pokémon in hand. Ryan had received both of his Pokemon from his father. They both were found at the Pokemon Hospital that he was the head surgeon at. (For more info look at the Pokemon Bios) He traveled to the Kanto region, the oldest region in the entire world. There, he began in humble Pallet Town, and began his Journey after speaking with Professor Oak. His Pokémon excelled, and one day he was wandering down Route 24 and an Abra jumped out at him. It was very peculiar, especially because of the fact that Abra’s are so shy.

The Abra and Ryan’s Cubchoo battled it out and Ryan finally caught Abra. After that, the Abra has made incredible progress and has evolved into Kadabra. Ryan had battled a the Pewter and Cerulean gyms and beat both Gyms. Cubby took on the Pewter Gym, and after a long battle with many close calls, Cubby barely won. At Cerulean, Alistair took on Misty, and easily took her out with his arsenal of Psychic moves. He left Cerulean and arrived in Vermillion, and a strange man handed him a ticket for the S.S. Anne. He decided it would be good to go.

Species: Kadabra

Nickname: Alistair

Level: 20

Ability: Synchronize

Move set: Teleport, Kinesis, Confusion, and Psychic

Personality: Alistair is a very strange Pokémon. He is very straightforward and never takes no for an answer. He has been like this since Ryan caught him, as he insisted that he would go on a journey with Ryan. Alistair almost always wants to battle, and will even come out of his Poke ball voluntarily and run out onto the field before Ryan can even send the Pokémon he intended to battle.

Short Bio: Alistair was a scared Abra all alone on Route 24. His family had migrated, but he stopped for a second to get a drink of water and they had vanished. Alistair had always been the solitary type, and when this first happened he was ecstatic. But over time, the little Pokémon was alone and frightened. When he saw Ryan come along he jumped at the chance to make a friend, and after he was caught the two and his Pokémon became best friends.

Species: Cubchoo

Nickname: Cubby

Level: 22

Ability: Snow Cloak

Move set: Growl, Powder Snow, Icy Wind, Brine, Hail

Personality: Cubby is a very shy girl, and it was very difficult for her to become Ryan’s Pokémon. But nonetheless, she began to love it. Although she is still very shy, she has become feisty and very motivated to win. She is very comfortable around people and Pokémon she knows or in battle, but when it comes to social interaction she is at a loss.

Short Bio: Cubby lived with her Mother and Sisters and brothers on top of Beartic Mountain, but one day as they were climbing around having a jolly old time, Cubby fell off of a cliff and was taken to the nearest hospital. Ryan’s father, a Pokémon doctor, healed the girl. He saw so much of his son in this little Pokémon that he caught her and sent her to Ryan back in Accumula Town. Cubby and Ryan had a difficult time in the beginning, but eventually they became the best of friends.

Species: Deino

Nickname: Devon

Level: 23

Ability: Hustle

Move set: Tackle, Dark Pulse, Bite, Dragon Breath, Head-butt

Personality: Devon is very happy and affectionate. Many people are surprised because Devon looks like he crawled out of hell, but he is a little angel. He loves to snuggle and cuddle, but his real passion lies in battling. He is a real devil within battle, but if he makes a Pokémon faint after the battle he will make sure the Pokémon is okay. He is a huge sweetheart.

Short Bio: Devon didn’t start his journey with Ryan as a Deino, Ryan received him as an egg. Ryan’s father was taking out the trash at the Pokemon Hospital he worked at, when he found an egg sitting on the porch. It had a note on it that said “Give this egg to a kid who will give this Pokemon a journey of a lifetime.” Ryan’s father immediately sent the egg to his son, and when it hatched Ryan was incredibly surprised. He had never seen this Pokemon before, but he was excited because it was such a mysterious Pokemon. They became the best of friends and have been traveling ever since.

Last edited by RyanRoksXD; June 29th, 2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old June 27th, 2012, 10:13 AM
WestsideConnection
Bow Down

Nature: Naughty
Hit me with a reserve please!

Full Name: Niklas Lundstrom
Hometown: Goldenrod City, Johto
Appearance:

Personality:

Niklas is cool, calm and calculating. He is the very master of patience, and can outlast anyone when it comes to waiting. Niklas is very patient, waiting for the perfect opprotunity in life instead of unsatisfactory opprotunities. He never underestimates what others can do, a trait that aids him in battle and life. Niklas usually finds himself as a stern voice of reason in times of strife or difficulty. Niklas makes no random move, even though some of his decisions seem erratic or strange, doubting his intentions is how many foes have lost to Niklas in the heat of battle. Niklas operates under a strict regime, not tolerating the failures of people he is counting on or his failures. Niklas is a valiant worker, giving everything he does his full effort. Niklas is quite intelligent when it comes to battling and training Pokemon. Niklas is generally indifferent to the feelings of others. Niklas is not self-absorbed either, he just puts feelings, wants and wishes aside. Niklas just focuses on getting the job done, and due to these traits, has become an efficient and elite trainer. Niklas also prefers to dress formally, as he holds an air of sophisication around him.

Biography:

Niklas Lundstrom was born in the booming city of Goldenrod City, in the Johto Region. Niklas was born to two medicore Pokemon trainers, who barely made ends meet. From a young age, Niklas had planned to become a Pokemon trainer just like his parents, but better than them. Growing up, Niklas studied about Pokemon in his spare time, mostly about battling and training, but a little about physiology. When Niklas was fourteen, he began his Pokemon Journey.

Niklas' first Pokemon, given to him by his parents, was a Dratini who has been with Niklas ever since. From the beginning, Niklas found a natural talent in Pokemon battling, as he quickly began to collect Gym Badges. Trainer after trainer lost to Niklas, who's cool and calm battling style earned the spotlight as the "next big thing" due to his talents and young age. Niklas decided to go slowly after beating the first two gyms, feeling that he had all the time he wanted. So, Niklas ended up taking two years slowly working his way through the Gym challenge, although when he did decide to battle he went out and took out any competitors. After completing the Gym Challenge, Niklas went to the Pokemon League. Niklas ended up an early defeat and left forty-ninth out of sixty-four. It was then when Niklas understood that Pokemon battling was a constant job.

So, Niklas took a trip to Hoenn, and trained hard there, sweeping the Gym Challenge there with ease. Niklas also met the two other members of his team, Lotad and Beldum, who have since become Ludicolo and Metang. Once again, Niklas faced a sixty-four trainer tournament for the league title. Doing what he could to avoid another embarrassing defeat, Niklas fought with a relentless tenacity and finished fifth. Priding himself on his finish, the now seventeen-year old Niklas Lunstrom returned to Johto.

Niklas competed in the annual Pokemon league tournament for the next few years, spanning from his seventeenth year to his twenty first year. In these tournaments, Niklas finished sixteenth, eighth, twentieth, third, tenth, wrapping up five years. After growing bored of the same tournament, Niklas began to look elsewhere to battle. Niklas competed in tournaments all over the world, earning success, fame and money. Niklas was still looking for something else, a little danger.

Species: Ludicolo
Level: 28
Ability: Rain Dish
Moveset:
Zen Headbutt-Bubblebeam
Fury Swipes-Rain Dance
Personality:
Ludicolo is very upbeat, happy and delirious. Ludicolo is always in a good mood, and is always ready for a party. Ludicolo loves to dance and have fun, something Niklas has no time for. Ludicolo is very random, and acts a bit obnoxious most of the time. Ludicolo is wacky, and is very loud and tries to get others to laugh all the time.

Short Bio:
Ludicolo met Niklas while in Hoenn, when Ludicolo was just a Lotad, or what Ludicolo calls, the good old days. Ludicolo at first annoyed Niklas but the two created an understanding of what was acceptable in terms of partying, and Ludicolo and Niklas have bonded well ever since.

Species: Metang
Level: 32
Ability: Hidden B/W Abilities allowed.
Moveset: Any four moves that the Pokémon could have learnt, from it's level (BW Pokédex). You may inclue one bonus Egg Move or TM move. Remember that standard moves do not count to your moveset - see the Rules section for more details.

Species: Dragonair
Level: 40
Ability: Hidden B/W Abilities allowed.

Last edited by WestsideConnection; June 29th, 2012 at 12:41 PM.
Old June 27th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Magic

Ryan is looking good! Would you mind expanding on Biography section a bit though? Maybe talk about how Ryan got Cubby and Devon. You also mentioned Gym battles so it would be good to expand that and be more specific (who? how well did it go? etc.).

Bare in mind that receiving your ticket will be the first 'event' once we get going, so you can leave that out for now.

*puts Ryan on the character list*

edit:// Also, Pokémon should only have on Ability (like in the anime/games).

WestsideConnection reserved!~ 48 hours from now is the limit if that's ok

Last edited by Magic; June 27th, 2012 at 10:29 AM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here