The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old June 21st, 2012, 07:05 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mateo

Advertise here
-Typo is intentional, its a reference to a recurring post on 4chan's /vp/ board where someone posts a Vaporeon with a heart next to it, with Vaporeon asking "Are you simgle, Master?"

-It was taken over, this hack assumes normal Gold already happened during the summer. That's why Goldenrod's tower is off limits as well, they tightened up security after the take over in Gold. That being said, I'll still go back and look at the text for the radio tower. Thanks!

Old June 26th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

Nature: Gentle
i would like to ask if all 251 pokémon are available ( even if the are edited to be other pokémon ) In other words can someone catch 251 pokémon in this hack ?
also read that some pokemon are UNAVAILABLE IN THIS HACK EVEN WITH TRAINING is this because they where edited to be other 3d gen pokémon ?
Old June 26th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Correct, the ones that are unavailable even with trading are that way because they were replaced to add new Pokémon. All the Pokémon *should* be available, although you may have to trade for a few if I made an oversight in making them available. Many of the trade evolution Pokémon are available in Cerulean Cave/Unknown Dungeon, although they should still evolve through trade like normal unless otherwise noted. The Pokémon whose evolutions were changed were mentioned in an earlier post. If you find that I neglected to mention one in that post, let me know and I will update that as well as mention it here.

Old June 27th, 2012, 04:04 AM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

Just learned that ( correct me if im wrong) torchic isn't in this hack well is there any chance to be added in your next hack ? ( as far as i know a remake of Halloween hack of yours )
Old June 27th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Seraphimon-sama

Um quick question what's with all the Doctor Who references? I've only noticed two so far, one in this hack and one in your other hack.
I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

Sprite made by DD's Sprite Shop~!

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Old June 27th, 2012, 10:40 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

@gam3r! - You're right, Torchic is not in this hack. The only gen3 starter that was added is Mudkip, and that was originally a joke and I just decided to go ahead with it, because I had people mention Mudkips earlier in the hack.
EDIT: Also, its not very likely that Torchic will be included in the Halloween Hack, the ones I'll be adding will primarily be dark or ghost type, to fit the theme. Like I say, Mudkip and his evolutions were originally a joke (in fact, one I almost forgot about, and the first version I released I didn't even have their stats, moves, or evolutions completely inserted yet). So I guess to make it fair, the Halloween Hack will either have all 3 RSE starters, or none of them. I'll mention it in the thread for that hack whichever way I decide on when the time comes.

@Seraphimon-sama - I'm a fan of Doctor Who, so I threw in a few references to it along with the references to other things. There are references to Classic Rock songs (For example, "Couple Jak & Diane" is a refence to the John Mellencamp song "Jack and Diane", and their text references the lyrics. There is also a Hiker who quotes the song "Round and Round" by Ratt.) There are references to internet memes (For example, the trainer in Falkner's gym that says "Cool Story, bro.") Basically I like to reference other things that I'm a fan of, and Doctor Who is one of them.
EDIT: After writing this post, I'm tempted to make a spoiler'd section in the first post that just lists all the random references to things that I tossed in for anyone who is interested in (or possibly confused by) those things.

Last edited by Mateo; June 27th, 2012 at 10:50 PM.
Old June 27th, 2012, 11:16 PM
Seraphimon-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
@Seraphimon-sama - I'm a fan of Doctor Who, so I threw in a few references to it along with the references to other things. There are references to Classic Rock songs (For example, "Couple Jak & Diane" is a refence to the John Mellencamp song "Jack and Diane", and their text references the lyrics. There is also a Hiker who quotes the song "Round and Round" by Ratt.) There are references to internet memes (For example, the trainer in Falkner's gym that says "Cool Story, bro.") Basically I like to reference other things that I'm a fan of, and Doctor Who is one of them.
EDIT: After writing this post, I'm tempted to make a spoiler'd section in the first post that just lists all the random references to things that I tossed in for anyone who is interested in (or possibly confused by) those things.
Oh ok. I was just wondering because I actually used to be practically obsessed with Doctor Who until about a year ago. I'm still interested in te show but I'm more into anime these days. But I should say this: LONG LIVE THE TENTH DOCTOR!
Also how am I supposed to beat the first gym in the other hack with just Eevee Lv. 14 and Kakuna Lv. 10? Is there someplace that I can catch a Fighting-Type? Or am I able to evolve Eevee in some unknown way?
I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

Sprite made by DD's Sprite Shop~!

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Old June 28th, 2012, 12:10 AM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Well, assuming "the other hack" is the old beta of Secrets and Rumours, you should be able to find Mankey on the route west of Viridian like you could in Red. But the new demo that will be out soon has the original starters and will be more like Red.

Old June 28th, 2012, 12:34 AM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

Doctor Who references ? aw ! i remember in secrets and rumors an npc in viridian pokémon center that said " i saw a trainer with a sonic screwdriver in the woods "
Old July 7th, 2012, 01:03 AM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

woot :O Mew in the goldenrod game corner ?????
Old July 7th, 2012, 01:35 AM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Yep, that's right! I changed up the game corner prizes in both regions, and decided Mew would make a nicer prize to save up for than, say, Porygon. Also, the original R/B starters are available in the Celdadon Game Corner.

Old July 7th, 2012, 01:50 AM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

Quote:
Yep, that's right! I changed up the game corner prizes in both regions, and decided Mew would make a nicer prize to save up for than, say, Porygon. Also, the original R/B starters are available in the Celdadon Game Corner.
Oh ! That's great ! is there some specific reason that you have porygon at 6666 coins :O
Old July 7th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

To make him cheaper, really.

Originally Kanto's game corner had Mr. Mime for 3333 coins, Eevee for 6666 coins and Porygon for 9999 coins in Gold and Silver. I just used those amounts for the new Pokemon in Johto, then made all of the Kanto starters have the same price, which if I recall is 2100 coins, originally the price of Dratini in the Johto game corner.

Old July 7th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

Quote:
To make him cheaper, really.

Originally Kanto's game corner had Mr. Mime for 3333 coins, Eevee for 6666 coins and Porygon for 9999 coins in Gold and Silver. I just used those amounts for the new Pokemon in Johto, then made all of the Kanto starters have the same price, which if I recall is 2100 coins, originally the price of Dratini in the Johto game corner.
Aha ! Though i believe porygon isn't worth it's money unless you evolve it to turn into porygon2 in 3d gen
Old July 7th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Yeah, I always considered Porygon kind of useless for the price back in the day. I mean he's a cool Pokémon and an awesome concept, but he just wasn't useful enough for the price tag.

That's why in the old Sterling Silver I had machines where you could battle and try to catch Porygon normally, to put more fun into catching him and play up his gimmick status a bit. I figure that will come back in a future hack, but couldn't say at this point which one that will be.

Old July 8th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

Cool idea about those machines you said, i had heard about sterling silver but it was abandoned i think.Also have you added the lost girl script in ecruteak city which was scrapped ? there is an event in ecruteak with the same "plot" read about it on a site from a guy named IImarckus ( who has the same name with the hax.iimarck.us which is skeetendo )
Also while i was playing i went into that house that permits access to tin tower and somekind of a bug i found :i talked with the elder who blocked me unless i had the badge from ecruteak ( which i have) and a white textbox appeared and then i was teleported to the entrance of that building ! Not that it affected gameplay but it kinda freaked me out ( i was playing at 12 o'clock at night)

Last edited by Dimebag; July 8th, 2012 at 09:54 AM.
Old July 8th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Domo Genesis
This is Beautiful, This is Art

Nature: Hasty
Quick question: Is Flame Ball more powerful than Ember?
Old July 8th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

@Domo Genesis
Yes it is far more powerful
Old July 8th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

@gam3r! - That's odd, I don't remember ever encountering that elder bug, I'll look into it and see if I can figure out why it happened.

And on the lost girl script, there was no existing script left in the game that I could find to re-implement, there was only some leftover unreferenced text. So I used that and made up an event that would use it.

Also yes, IImarckus is the one who hosts Skeetendo's forums.

@Domo Genesis - Yes, flame ball is more powerful than ember.

Old July 8th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Domo Genesis
This is Beautiful, This is Art

Nature: Hasty
Quote:

@Domo Genesis - Yes, flame ball is more powerful than ember.
Cool, thanks.
And another quick question: After I beat the 7th gym, there should be another Rocket event, like in the original games. Is there? Because I looked all in Goldenrod and other towns, and there are't any Rockets there, and I went to Blackthorn city and Claire isn't there.
Old July 8th, 2012, 01:08 PM
godlesplay

can anyone tell me if this is final version?
Old July 8th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

@godlesplay - Yes, this is a complete hack.

@Domo Genesis - Go check out the Battle Tower again. You should have gotten a phone call about Team Rocket being there, replacing the normal call about the take over at the radio tower.

Old July 9th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

Hey Mateo...i need your help...again....Just answer me...is Ho-Oh catchable ? I just climed the tin tower and found...nothing
Old July 9th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

He should be catchable, and I'm not sure why you found nothing :s I'll look into this and see what I can figure out.

EDIT: Also, has anyone else been having similar problems?

Old July 9th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

Am i supposed to have rainbow wing ??? I don't have it ( i got a GS ball instead) and when i entered tin tower the elder on the ground floor wasn't there...I think it is related with that damn elder... could it be a bad patching error ? Or is it interferance with gameshark ( i have sharked some Candies the other day )<----cheater !

Last edited by Dimebag; July 9th, 2012 at 10:15 AM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here