The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 11th, 2012, 11:58 AM
blazerj13
Impossibly Possible~

Nature: Adamant

Advertise here
ok the audio folder dissapears when i drag it onto the desktop.... can you just give me the audio?
Old June 14th, 2012, 05:01 AM
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.claydon View Post
will you be upgrading this with essentials 7 or keep it how it is?
No because I make too many (more than 100) different edits on scripts (some sections had over 10 different edits), but I can port almost all features that I like in new versions like many bugfixes.
I you are talking about the new resolution screens it still will be in 480x320. Some sprites were cut off and this is a problem Because the pokémon sprites are bigger. I remade some screens to these sprites fit, but probably need to redo more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerj13 View Post
ok the audio folder dissapears when i drag it onto the desktop.... can you just give me the audio?
Because these are hidden files (see how to show hidden files). If you won't succeed on make them visible I will upload them.
Old June 14th, 2012, 02:50 PM
blazerj13
Impossibly Possible~

OH! LIGHTBULB! to make the game seem more realistic, maybe you could make an online version!!!
Old June 15th, 2012, 04:36 AM
Namorax
Beginning Trainer

Why is having an online version making the game more realistic? Besides, wouldnt you need something like a server and change a lot of the game?
Old June 15th, 2012, 06:00 AM
blazerj13
Impossibly Possible~

jesus man, it was just an idea and it would make it more realistic by being able to interact with real trainers, not npcs, u kno?
Old June 16th, 2012, 11:37 AM
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerj13 View Post
OH! LIGHTBULB! to make the game seem more realistic, maybe you could make an online version!!!
This game fits very well in MMORPGs concept. I like to see a MMORPG version, but now I have no plans for this.
Old June 16th, 2012, 12:19 PM
pbood2

Hi I can't use the unova crown. I gave it to my roggenrola, gave it a rare to lvl 15 but it didn't evolve. I would appreciate it if you could tell me what I am doing wrong. :D
Old June 16th, 2012, 04:03 PM
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbood2 View Post
Hi I can't use the unova crown. I gave it to my roggenrola, gave it a rare to lvl 15 but it didn't evolve. I would appreciate it if you could tell me what I am doing wrong. :D
15 is the maximum, but the majority had less level reduction, 5 in Roggenrola case. I rewrite this part on topic to make it more clear.
Old June 16th, 2012, 06:37 PM
pokemonmasteraaron
The blind Pokémon Master!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to pokemonmasteraaron
Where can I submit trainer ideas?
PM or here?
Also I think you should do something with the dungeon script.
Maybe a network of caves which are always changing.
That idea seems very appealing to me.
Old June 17th, 2012, 09:00 AM
legoDSdude
Unhatched Egg

how are u supposed to unloock knew telporting places
Old June 19th, 2012, 12:32 AM
Rathma
Beginning Trainer

^You need to beat the arena place(single area not double battles). Stops after rank 10 though.

Anyway nice game so far though I have a few questions:
1)Where do I get the dragon scale & razor fang? I need to evolve seadra/gligar
2)whats the max ranks? I'm at 13A atm and all the kiosks at the store still aren't open
3)How do u evolve pokemon that need to level up at a certain place? Like say my magneton?

Also a few bugs:
Some trainers still have spanish text(either full on or one line spanish between english ones). I know for sure one of the cyclists in the valley by the river is full spanish.

If u use something from your bag during battle the cursor will sometimes move an extra space(like if I go left when bag is highlighted instead of going to pokemon it goes there then back to bag or sometimes run)

Finally moves miss when they shouldn't at times. I've had moves like earthquake/thunderbolt miss sometimes with no special condition on my target(no double team/sand veil ability during a sandstorm etc)
Old June 19th, 2012, 12:44 AM
coolalex144
Pokemon Fan since 2001.

Nature: Calm
I like the game so far! :D
But I have the same questions as Rathma. How do I evolve my pokemon that have to level up at a certain place?

Old June 19th, 2012, 06:39 AM
G_Sylar

Nice presentation! Downloading now.
Old June 19th, 2012, 07:14 AM
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemonmasteraaron View Post
Where can I submit trainer ideas?
PM or here?
Also I think you should do something with the dungeon script.
Maybe a network of caves which are always changing.
That idea seems very appealing to me.
You can submit me trainer ideas by PM or by this topic.
I thought in random generate dungeons before, but in the end I decided to cut off to release more quick (like so many features). Now that I thinks again on this I also had interesting new ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathma View Post
^You need to beat the arena place(single area not double battles). Stops after rank 10 though.

Anyway nice game so far though I have a few questions:
1)Where do I get the dragon scale & razor fang? I need to evolve seadra/gligar
2)whats the max ranks? I'm at 13A atm and all the kiosks at the store still aren't open
3)How do u evolve pokemon that need to level up at a certain place? Like say my magneton?

Also a few bugs:
Some trainers still have spanish text(either full on or one line spanish between english ones). I know for sure one of the cyclists in the valley by the river is full spanish.

If u use something from your bag during battle the cursor will sometimes move an extra space(like if I go left when bag is highlighted instead of going to pokemon it goes there then back to bag or sometimes run)

Finally moves miss when they shouldn't at times. I've had moves like earthquake/thunderbolt miss sometimes with no special condition on my target(no double team/sand veil ability during a sandstorm etc)
Actually is the Colosseum. This won't stop on Rank 10, just become less frequent.

1-Dragon Scale can be found in Sea and in wild Horsea/Seadra. Razor Fang can be found in Underground and Pokémon Mart in Rank 16.
2-All open in Rank 16.
3-In similar places, isn't hard to figure. The Magneton case is Tunnel.

Thank you for the bug report! Actually the cyclist is speaking portuguese (and not spanish). Besides him, do you remember more locations of trainers speaking portuguese in english mode?
Old June 22nd, 2012, 11:42 PM
Blazing Flare
Burning brightly

Nature: Mild
This game has a few very interesting concepts and its very ambitious in its reach and breadth, trying to create new ideas while getting rid of some hasslesome points the originals were (and are) plagued with, so overall congratulations to the author for the progress thus far.

However, I felt the experience is marred somewhat by strange and sometimes senseless usage of English; as much as the game isn't text heavy, whatever little text remains can (and should) be improved.

It should be kept in mind that phrasal forms that make sense in Portuguese do not necessarily follow suit in English and ought to be
looked over and refined (one simple example is the newbie guide outside the laboratory - "Its a novice" is a literal translation and makes no sense in the given context.

Other than that, I wish the author all the best and hope for the continued success of this project. It has the potential to set a new quality paradigm as far as Pokemon fan games go.

Last edited by Blazing Flare; June 22nd, 2012 at 11:59 PM.
Old June 24th, 2012, 06:28 AM
KingCharizard
C++ Developer Extraordinaire

Nature: Bold
I'm surprised this game hasn't gotten more popular by now.. Its a very solid release. good job good luck on any future releases.
Old June 24th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Kira5D
Beginning Trainer

Hi. Thank you very much for the game. It's awesome. I have 2 questions:
1. How can I evolve my Budew if there aren't day and night? It's LV38 already and I have taken good care of it. I think that the happiness stuff is OK. Furthermore, is there a character which can tell me how happy my pokemon is, so I can check it?
2. Where can I find the move tutor?
Thanks a lot.
Old June 27th, 2012, 05:03 PM
vasalpa
Unhatched Egg

Hello, I managed to finish the game! I'm at rank 18/X... However i can't find Arceus! I thought that I could buy it when I finished rank 17 but it isn't there! Could you tell me where I can get it?
Old June 27th, 2012, 05:26 PM
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Flare View Post
This game has a few very interesting concepts and its very ambitious in its reach and breadth, trying to create new ideas while getting rid of some hasslesome points the originals were (and are) plagued with, so overall congratulations to the author for the progress thus far.

However, I felt the experience is marred somewhat by strange and sometimes senseless usage of English; as much as the game isn't text heavy, whatever little text remains can (and should) be improved.

It should be kept in mind that phrasal forms that make sense in Portuguese do not necessarily follow suit in English and ought to be
looked over and refined (one simple example is the newbie guide outside the laboratory - "Its a novice" is a literal translation and makes no sense in the given context.

Other than that, I wish the author all the best and hope for the continued success of this project. It has the potential to set a new quality paradigm as far as Pokemon fan games go.
I know about the phrasal forms differences, but some sentense that I translate wrong and sound so obvious to native speakers I can't easily detect (at least now). This is a very hard thing to do alone, so I requested to people tell me where I made grammatical erros or submit better translation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCharizard View Post
I'm surprised this game hasn't gotten more popular by now.. Its a very solid release. good job good luck on any future releases.
Me too. I have some theories about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira5D View Post
Hi. Thank you very much for the game. It's awesome. I have 2 questions:
1. How can I evolve my Budew if there aren't day and night? It's LV38 already and I have taken good care of it. I think that the happiness stuff is OK. Furthermore, is there a character which can tell me how happy my pokemon is, so I can check it?
2. Where can I find the move tutor?
Thanks a lot.
1-Budew evolve by Happiness (day or night) or using the item Sun Shard, you can find it in Pokémon Mart with minimum Rank Lv9. The person telling happiness in on Pokémon Center with minimum Rank Lv6.
2-The Move Tutor moves can be found in TMs. The Move Relearner and Move Deleter can be found in this house (top/left on picture):

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasalpa View Post
Hello, I managed to finish the game! I'm at rank 18/X... However i can't find Arceus! I thought that I could buy it when I finished rank 17 but it isn't there! Could you tell me where I can get it?
Wow!
Get at least 600 pokémon in pokédex before try to get Arceus.

Last edited by FL; June 27th, 2012 at 05:32 PM.
Old June 27th, 2012, 06:13 PM
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
this sounds like a really interesting concept!
boiling it down to the core mechanics.
the ability to catch every single pokemon in one game is a huge draw for the completionist in me.

massive congrats on actually managing to finish it, it's a rare sight.

downloading now. ill give impressions later.
Old June 27th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Jarsha
Beginning Trainer

While the language barrier is understandable, most if not all of the phrasing could be improved. As Blazing Flare said, the often very literal translations make little to no sense to a native speaker. Using the example previously brought up "Its a novice" should be changed to, "Are you new here?" or "Are you a new trainer perhaps?". If you would like, I wouldn't mind helping with the issue. If not, I'll just note what I notice and suggest something that I feel is more correct considering the context.

Other than the language barrier; I can say that I am enjoying your work so far. Visually, its impressive. I've noticed no misplaced spacing, or oddly shaped areas. At some points the transition between tiles happens slowly or in some cases too quickly. Though that may just be my computer.

I wish you luck in your endeavor.

Ah, forgot to add,
The music is a wonderful touch... Super Mario Sunshine.. Delfino plaza for the beach if I remember correctly?
Old June 28th, 2012, 02:44 AM
HyunJae
Unhatched Egg

I love this game!!!! Does anyone know how to get squirtle? I want mudkip so bad
Old June 29th, 2012, 04:05 PM
KidRollin
Beginning Trainer

Okay i've been searching all around how do i get a water stone? And the linkstone i think its called to evolve my kadabra.
Old June 29th, 2012, 04:42 PM
vitorhugo0
Unhatched Egg

I've got a strange problem. Besides the text in English having a few issues itself(I may be Portuguese but I don't like playing in Portuguese) it appears all bunched together with no spaces or anything
Old June 29th, 2012, 08:33 PM
pokelegend11
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quiet
This game looks great! I have one question. Is there like a plot or something you have to to do to complete a main storyline?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here