Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Theatre > Roleplay Stage
Reload this Page Roleplay Discussion Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Stage This is where the In-Character roleplaying happens. Before you create a thread here, recruit some players in Roleplay Casting. Your very own legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures awaits! Let's go!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old June 22nd, 2012 (04:49 PM).
Sylveon

Nature: Modest
I have a character in my own rp, it's more fun that way and honestly it's easier to keep things on track that way
Old June 23rd, 2012 (05:58 PM).
W O O M Y
Crystal Tier

Nature: Brave
Maybe this could be a new topic for us to discuss, yes?

Which do you RPers prefer? Be a GM and participate in your own roleplay or GM your own roleplay without participation?
Old June 23rd, 2012 (06:06 PM).
Artist and Writer

Nature: Naughty
I enjoy them both actually, but I could say, playing in your own RP could get a bit... daunting. Not only do you have to write all the information for the roleplay, which takes time, but you're also writing posts for your character, which also takes a lot of time. If you have the time for that, and love to do it, then I guess there isn't really a problem. But when someone tries to limit themselves, then it seems more like a chore than fun if you want to take the roleplay far as well as taking your character all the way through it.

And no one would want to roleplay when it seems more like a chore than fun. That's kind of my thought. I throughly enjoy both options, but I wouldn't do the first if I had limited time.
Old June 23rd, 2012 (06:35 PM).
See You Space Cowboy

Nature: Relaxed
Which do you RPers prefer? Be a GM and participate in your own roleplay or GM your own roleplay without participation?

I truly prefer to participate with the RPers. It's much easier for me to guide the story and move the plot if I have a direct hand in it. Plus, it's much more entertaining for me as well.

A Legend once told me that roleplaying is about bringing people together and celebrating creative vision.
Paired with the Epic Legend
Old June 24th, 2012 (01:39 AM).
Arrest this man

I agree with Supervegeta. If I GM a RP I'd rather prefer to participate and interact with all other characters, and sometimes imo it has to be done to make sure your RP doesn't die.
Old June 24th, 2012 (04:02 AM).
Pokemon Professor / RP Mentor
Crystal Tier

Nature: Sassy

What is it to run a roleplay without actually playing a role? Not my cup of tea, for sure. I've absolutely no interest in writing a book, and to me that's what it boils down to. It's the same reason I don't read roleplays I'm not participating in. (Unless, y'know, I'm evaluating them to see if I want to join them. That's a different story though.)

Of course, what constitutes participation? I find it hard to imagine GMing while controlling literally 0 characters. That sounds like a recipe for disaster to me. NPCs are an extremely powerful tool that to me would constitute participation, even though a good NPC has a very restricted role and it's own unique, rather censored perspective. (I try not to write from the eyes of an NPC but rather the character interacting with them, personally.)
Old June 24th, 2012 (04:31 AM).
The Evil Queen
ModeratorCS

Quote originally posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow:

What is it to run a roleplay without actually playing a role? Not my cup of tea, for sure. I've absolutely no interest in writing a book, and to me that's what it boils down to. It's the same reason I don't read roleplays I'm not participating in. (Unless, y'know, I'm evaluating them to see if I want to join them. That's a different story though.)

Of course, what constitutes participation? I find it hard to imagine GMing while controlling literally 0 characters. That sounds like a recipe for disaster to me. NPCs are an extremely powerful tool that to me would constitute participation, even though a good NPC has a very restricted role and it's own unique, rather censored perspective. (I try not to write from the eyes of an NPC but rather the character interacting with them, personally.)
I think it depends on the style of the RP. For example, your PTA RP is quite relaxed and very open, with that much freedom it would get boring as a GM to not jump in (and you would probably miss a lot as well).

With RPs with stricter stories however the event posts can become their RPs. I for one, in the past, like using NPCs as my characters and showing events from their perspective, rather than just a broad introduction. Using that I have as many characters as are needed, and sometimes interact with the players, but it keeps an air of authority.

Also the GM-is-a-player can throw up problems of self-favouritism if the group is split into teams, or things like levelling up Pokémon/catching Pokémon. It becomes tricky and I think GMs should be careful when RP in their own game.
Old June 24th, 2012 (04:12 PM).
Arrest this man

Hey people, I just wanted to inform all you guys that I've decided to temporarily quit RPing.

In recent times I've just lost all inspiration to write any kind of post, and RPing has just become somewhat of a chore for me, and not really fun. I haven't been active in any of my current RPs anyways, so I guess I'll be freeing up those spots I was holding for such a long time. I dunno when I'll be back, it may be a week, a month, or whatever.

I'll still be checking out new RPs though, but I won't be joining them. I'll probably contribute to discussion in this thread as well, but that's it. Again, I'm really sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused for some GMs, but there's not much I can do about it right now. See ya guys later then, I guess.

I'm still going to visit PC so if anybody wants to chat just send me a VM/PM.

end dramatic post
Old June 25th, 2012 (05:18 PM).
W O O M Y
Crystal Tier

I've noticed both ways in roleplays. In all honesty, I find GMing and participating in your own roleplay a lot more fun than just controlling the RP. This reminds me of movie filming. Not only you want to be the "director" but also you want to act out a character and direct at the same time. It's more work, but if you have the time...you'll be just fine.

Enjoy your time off, DeepImpact. I'll miss your RP posts in the future, let's hope your inspiration to RP again returns! :)
Old June 26th, 2012 (02:55 PM).
'errything that shine ain't always gonna be gold
Gold Tier

Just want to let everyone know, Pokémon: Kanto's Rebirth currently has three starter Pokémon left; Bulbasaur, Charmander and Eevee!

- -

Old June 26th, 2012 (09:07 PM).

Nature: Quiet
Is Skymin the only mod for RP creation approval?

My new pokemon rp

http://pokemonchallengersrp.proboards.com/index.cgi

Join if you like a challenge.
Old June 26th, 2012 (09:13 PM).
part time demon hunter
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Me and parallelzero, though parallelzero does not do so unless I were to go on leave.

And bye Sammy, I know you'll be back in like, three days. ;D
Old June 26th, 2012 (09:17 PM).

Nature: Quiet
Ok thanks just cause I wanted to know who to contact in case my thread dies before its even put up. XD
Ps hasn't nearly happened yet just wanted to prepare.

My new pokemon rp

http://pokemonchallengersrp.proboards.com/index.cgi

Join if you like a challenge.
Old June 26th, 2012 (11:19 PM).
I will kill the strong ones

Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Lmao everytime someone says "ps" i feel like i'm being called xD anyways, does anyone have roleplay suggestions for me?

And by sammm! Skymin is right~ you'll probely back within a week though :p
Old June 26th, 2012 (11:40 PM).
W O O M Y
Crystal Tier

I'm gonna go ahead and advertise this (and maybe make a suggestion for PinkSapphire?)

Danger On The SS Anne is now accepting roleplayers! The RP just got posted today. If you're looking for a journey-ish roleplay, as well as a competitive enviroment, then you should like.. totally join. Plus, this is SwiftSign's first roleplay here in the RP Corner (iirc?) so I support him 100%! ^_^

oh oh BY THE WAY... remember the time I asked about reviving a Pokemon-Hunger Games crossover roleplay like.. a month ago or so? I got my permission granted by the original creator yesterday, and he allowed me to revive the RP. So, I cannot wait to get this RP set, and get started as well!

/so excited
Old June 27th, 2012 (02:12 AM).
The Evil Queen
ModeratorCS

Quote originally posted by Meganium90:
Danger On The SS Anne is now accepting roleplayers! The RP just got posted today. If you're looking for a journey-ish roleplay, as well as a competitive enviroment, then you should like.. totally join. Plus, this is SwiftSign's first roleplay here in the RP Corner (iirc?) so I support him 100%!
Not to sound too bias, Megan has a good suggestion here though ;3. SUs are open and I'd love to see some people in there - old roleplayers or new!

Quote originally posted by Meganium90:
oh oh BY THE WAY... remember the time I asked about reviving a Pokemon-Hunger Games crossover roleplay like.. a month ago or so? I got my permission granted by the original creator yesterday, and he allowed me to revive the RP. So, I cannot wait to get this RP set, and get started as well!
Oooh interesting! I like the idea of being sent emergency potions, antidotes and maybe even a few TMs. Feel sorry for whoever dies first though >:3 (well, a tiny bit >> << >>).
Old June 27th, 2012 (11:18 PM).
chelia.blendy
Platinum Tier

Nature: Calm
Anyone have any interest in participating in a non-canon Fairy Tail based RP (not to be confused with a fairy tale)? The series struck a cord with me, and I'm debating whipping something up, provided there's any interest. I'm also throwing a few Pokemon-related ideas around in my head, but more on those later.

SKY GOD SLAYER: CHELIA BLENDY
twitter + raptr + myanimelist + tumblr
Old June 27th, 2012 (11:30 PM).
Doctor Lobotomy
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by parallelzero:
Anyone have any interest in participating in a non-canon Fairy Tail based RP (not to be confused with a fairy tale)? The series struck a cord with me, and I'm debating whipping something up, provided there's any interest.
I would definitely be interested in this! The fairy tail one that is, I love the series and think it would be a great universe for a RP. I'd just have to figure out how to RP and such beforehand though since I havent RP'd before but I wouldnt mind giving it a shot if you didnt mind me being a newbie.
Old June 28th, 2012 (10:08 AM).
acrobatic effing pirouette.

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Saturated Hue
INFODUMP AHEAD

IM BACK YAY

Alright, guys, so some of you may have realized that I was MIA since a while ago. Now I'd hate to make excuses, but excuses I must make, because these stuff actually happened to me. For the past three months, it's been nothing but a storm of bad luck for me.

For about a week after I 'left', I had internet issues. I could hardly open Google anymore, let alone actually post several paragraphs here on PC. We called in customer service, and that problem was resolved. Briefly. I don't really understand the mechanics or what was really going on, but after two days' worth of hassle my parents decided to grab a new modem, with a new wireless provider. And so the internet problem was over.

OOOH, BUT I'M NOT DONE YET

After that, something happened, the details of which I'd rather not talk about, that quite upsetted myself and my family. To blow off steam, we went on a three-week vacation to my hometown (which had very, very limited internet connection; the countryside is fun, though!). We returned at the 23rd--I had the ability to return to PC from that date onwards, but it required a little...courage-gathering before I could actually sign-in again. So there's that.

Also, I believe A MASSIVE APOLOGY is in order to GMs whose RPs I left hanging, without a single word of warning (and of course to the RPers as well). I feel horrendous about it, but the whole thing was really out of my hands. Still, I'm terribly, terribly sorry. ;;

Old June 28th, 2012 (10:09 AM).
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by parallelzero:
Anyone have any interest in participating in a non-canon Fairy Tail based RP (not to be confused with a fairy tale)? The series struck a cord with me, and I'm debating whipping something up, provided there's any interest. I'm also throwing a few Pokemon-related ideas around in my head, but more on those later.
I'm also saying my interest in this - fairy tail is amaaaaazing (especially Erza~)

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old June 28th, 2012 (10:22 AM).
The Evil Queen
ModeratorCS

Quote originally posted by Miss Doronjo:

I'm also saying my interest in this - fairy tail is amaaaaazing (especially Erza~)
I second (or third) this opinion!

Also, welcome back Saturated Hue! Hope all is ok now .
Old June 28th, 2012 (03:58 PM).
West Side

I'm going to go out on a limb and present a new topic!

How do you create your characters? Do you base them off something? Do you get a appearance set then work off that? Etc.
Old June 29th, 2012 (08:13 AM).
chelia.blendy
Platinum Tier

Nature: Calm
Since I have a bit of interest, let me pitch a proposal for that Fairy Tail concept.

Celestia Spire: Guild of the Spirits (A FAIRY TAIL RP)

The nation of Fiore is known for it's many great guilds. Fairy Tail, Lamia Scale, Blue Pegasus, Sabertooth, all fantastic yet mysterious guilds that deserve the high praise they have received. Amidst the numerous guilds in the nation, however, one remains a mystery above all else. Celestia Spire, a guild buried in the mountains in the southwest part of the country has been in existence, albeit without any members for fifty years. A guild thematically based around the Celestial Spirits, it is said that the Master was once a grand Celestial Mage, one that now only recruits those into his guild that meet an odd condition.

He seeks those born infused with the magic power of the Celestial Spirits - a process that is presumed to rarely occur to children born of Celestial Mages - first or second generation, but isn't proven with fact. These offspring, as a result, are born with a magic potential almost on par with that of a mythical Dragon Slayer, particularly when the infused magic is of a spirit of the gold keys. In a way, these mages were essentially human descendants of the spirits, and the Master of Celestia Spire wanted them all for his guild.

----

That's basically it for the premise. Basically, our characters will be those mages that possess the magic power of the Celestial Spirits and the RP will start with the Master of Celestia Spire doing... something. Probably set some sort of trap mission to bring out those that unknowingly have the power or something. XD Just because the characters have the magical power of the spirits though, doesn't mean they need to have the same abilities, so there will be a great deal of freedom in creating your character's magic. If people like this idea, I'll expand on it.

SKY GOD SLAYER: CHELIA BLENDY
twitter + raptr + myanimelist + tumblr
Old June 29th, 2012 (09:14 AM).
I will kill the strong ones

Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
I'm currently reorganizing my Youkai Academy RP so that it's more fun and better organized, after it's back in air i'll probely be making another RP, so my question:

what kind of RP would you guys like?
Old June 29th, 2012 (09:24 AM).
Pokemon Professor / RP Mentor
Crystal Tier

Nature: Sassy
@The__Original__Raitan: I usually start with an image, because going back and finding a picture for something you've already thought up is painful. I then think up a basic concept based on what they look like--Their appearance, namely clothes, usually tells you something about the character, and is never irrelevant in mine.

I usually ask myself what the person is dressed for and why they might have decided to dress that way. This often forms the basis of that person's personality. Do they dress to please others, for comfort, for practicality? Or do they dress the way to grab people's attention, not necessarily in a positive manner? Are they dressed for some sort of job or profession?

From there I wind up asking myself what kind of pokemon team would be appropriate for them. I have verious themes for different characters. Most of the time I give them some sort of theme. What does the trainer desire, cute pokemon? large powerful looking pokemon? a certain type of pokemon? Pokemon that identify with their lifestyle? Pokemon that can be found in a certain specific area?

Sometimes I wind up not giving them a theme however. At that point I decide how powerful they are relative to other trainers. I then have to write a history, flesh out the personality in-depth, and write a short misc info bio for them.

I accidentally my entire thought process.

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)