• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Need help on my team experts needed

MidnightDarkrai

Champion in the making
Years
I been beaten a lot in wifi battles mostly because I use a bad team and I didn't know about ev training untill a while back here's my team:
Luca the Lucario
Item: Expert Belt
Nature:Hardy, Somewhat vain
Ability: inner focus
Moves:Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Psychic, Aura Sphere

Dark Draco the Haxorus
Item:Shell Bell
Nature:Rash, likes to run
Ability: Rivalry
Moves: Earthquake, Dragon Claw, Dragon Dance, Outrage

Treeky the Sceptile
Item: Razor Claw
Nature: Sassy, likes to run
Ability: overgrow
Moves: Leaf Blade, Earthquake, Dragon Claw, Sword Dance

Mud the Swapert
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Rash, likes to fight
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Earthquake, surf, Protecr, Bulldoze

Blaze the Blaziken
Item: Flame Plate
Nature:Lonely, somewhat stubborn
Ability:Blaze
Moves: Fire blitz, Sword Dance, Flame charge, Brick Brake

Latios the Latios XD
Item:Draco plate
Nature: Calm, Loves to eat
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Thunder Wave, Dragon Pulse, Psychic, Thunderbolt

Plz help thanx

Oops I am new here and well i accidently made two sorry new threads

Last edited:

Cam Meekins

Banned
Years
May I suggest that you try draco meteor on latios. With draco plate, draco meteor is astoundingly powerful, especially with Latios paralyzing everything with tbolt :p Looks good to me otherwise, have fun!

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2013
You're going to have to change the natures of all of your pokemon. Are you up for that?
Edit: Lucario should be adamant
Haxorus should be adamant and should have the ability mold breaker
Sceptile should be jolly (or adamant)
Swampert: No idea.
Blaziken: Use Infernape.
Latios should be modest/timid

Last edited:

Jat

Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2013
Give Swampert Whirlpool to trap enemies (don't use w-pool on grass types though) exchange this for that silly protect you're running, because he isn't really a staller.

P.S. i HATE starters

smurf

Veteran Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
I would exchane latios for electivire build him up to know earthquake thunder punch an two more powerfull moves theres no point in havein two dragons plus most people wont battle if you have an uber

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2013
I would exchane latios for electivire build him up to know earthquake thunder punch an two more powerfull moves theres no point in havein two dragons plus most people wont battle if you have an uber

Latios isn't an uber. Also, Electivire sucks.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Give Swampert Whirlpool to trap enemies (don't use w-pool on grass types though) exchange this for that silly protect you're running, because he isn't really a staller.

P.S. i HATE starters

Just going to comment that Whirlpool isn't majorly effective in competitive play - it's much better to 2HKO or OHKO if you have nothing to help you set up your attacks.

As for the actual Swampert - it's capable of a PHazing role rather than a complete stalling role with protect (because you'd need something you want to wear down, being Toxic in most cases) with:

- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch / Roar
- Stealth Rock / Toxic

Bulldoze unfortunately isn't necessary because you already have EQ as a STAB, while Surf isn't great because it's a physical attacker primarily and Waterfall hurts a lot harder.

As for Lucario, you could consider replacing Psychic with Nasty Plot, and while generally Hidden Power Ice is preferable, Dragon Pulse can hit dragons so it's technically okay, although you have nothing to really hurt Gliscor or Landorus.

Latios isn't really usually seen running Thunder Wave, so if you want something for t-wave, I'll suggest that, then suggest something alternative for Latios itself.

If you'd like to parahax, you could consider Jirachi though as I'm assuming it's an in-game team, it might be a little awkward to get.

Alternatively, a careful Dragonite with Multiscale could do that with:

- Substitute
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Dragon Tail

Which allows you to Substitute unexpectedly, and then t-wave while they try to break the sub, then dragon tail and roost away the damage. You'll need Stealth Rock for this or Spikes, so putting SR on Swampert would be a good thing for you.

If you still want to keep another dragon, or a Serene Grace Togekiss can also be good at this role:

- Thunder Wave / Body Slam
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Aura Sphere / Nasty Plot

Which allows you to paralyse the opponent and boost your own special stats.

As for Latios itself, you could opt to keep it but redesign it a little to a more efficient set, or replace with another special attacker:

- Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Hidden Power Fire
- Recover / Psyshock

Would be something more suited, though if HP Fire is hard to get you could just skip that and keep the rest, bare in mind you'll be weak to Scizor a little.

Keep in mind if you want to keep using Swampert and go with Dragonite then switch to Swampert as the lead with Stealth Rock.

You could also have a rain team from what you've got, btw. If you kept Swampert at the lead setting up SR, then switch to Politoed (or Latios to take the grass attack) and set up rain, you help Lucario and Sceptile, as well as boost Surf & Waterfall. Blaziken would kind of be out of place there, though, so you could try Scizor in its place to hurt the grass attackers that'll try and hurt Swampert or Politoed as well as keep physical power that Blaziken would've had. This'll also help your two dragons that only have Lucario to defend them, or you could opt for Ferrothorn giving you SR as well as something to help the dragons. Then you could switch to something like Jolteon > Swampert to give you something else other than Ferro to help you with opposing water types as well as giving you an advantage if there's an electric type, rather than just a resistance (Volt Absorb), plus you could also use its main STAB of Thunder in the rain which'd then be boosted.

Also if you wanna keep Sceptile go for Acrobatics/Rock Slide > Dragon Claw.

Also as mentioned, while Latios isn't an uber yet, Blaziken actually is, so if you ever intend to go to online simulator play, you won't be able to use it in an OU metagame.

But yeah, just an idea, but if you wanna keep what you've got, that's fine, just the movesets will need a little altering. gl! :)

smurf

Veteran Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
Latios is an uber pokemon according to smogom its under the d/p section

smurf

Veteran Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
I relize that point is its still on a uber list period he tryed to say he wasent one period

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
It's only uber in the fourth generation metagame, and this is the fifth generation, meaning it doesn't matter if Latios is uber in a past generation or not.

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
Hes not Uber as of yet. Him and Latias will be once Soul Dew is released. Since the guys at Smogon are stupid babies, they will make it Uber, regardless if it has the Soul Dew or not.

Same with Blaziken. Why can't I use BLAZE Blaziken? Speed Boost was the reason it was banned to Ubers! SO IF IT DONT GET THE SPEED BOOST, IT CANT BE UBER.

Anyway.

Since you have a Special attacker Lucario, you should make it Modest or Timid. Natured. You can run a Nasty Plot set for an epic extra boost. I would get rid of Dragon Pulse, since you already have 2 Dragons, plus they get STAB on their Dragon attacks. I also don't think Psychic is a good choice.

I also don't think your Haxorus needs 2 Dragon STABS. Outrage is good enough, especially after a DD. Make it Adamant natured.

But eh, what do I know?

Back