• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
Years
Since I have a bit of interest, let me pitch a proposal for that Fairy Tail concept.

Celestia Spire: Guild of the Spirits (A FAIRY TAIL RP)

The nation of Fiore is known for it's many great guilds. Fairy Tail, Lamia Scale, Blue Pegasus, Sabertooth, all fantastic yet mysterious guilds that deserve the high praise they have received. Amidst the numerous guilds in the nation, however, one remains a mystery above all else. Celestia Spire, a guild buried in the mountains in the southwest part of the country has been in existence, albeit without any members for fifty years. A guild thematically based around the Celestial Spirits, it is said that the Master was once a grand Celestial Mage, one that now only recruits those into his guild that meet an odd condition.

He seeks those born infused with the magic power of the Celestial Spirits - a process that is presumed to rarely occur to children born of Celestial Mages - first or second generation, but isn't proven with fact. These offspring, as a result, are born with a magic potential almost on par with that of a mythical Dragon Slayer, particularly when the infused magic is of a spirit of the gold keys. In a way, these mages were essentially human descendants of the spirits, and the Master of Celestia Spire wanted them all for his guild.

----

That's basically it for the premise. Basically, our characters will be those mages that possess the magic power of the Celestial Spirits and the RP will start with the Master of Celestia Spire doing... something. Probably set some sort of trap mission to bring out those that unknowingly have the power or something. XD Just because the characters have the magical power of the spirits though, doesn't mean they need to have the same abilities, so there will be a great deal of freedom in creating your character's magic. If people like this idea, I'll expand on it.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
I'm currently reorganizing my Youkai Academy RP so that it's more fun and better organized, after it's back in air i'll probely be making another RP, so my question:

what kind of RP would you guys like?

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@The__Original__Raitan: I usually start with an image, because going back and finding a picture for something you've already thought up is painful. I then think up a basic concept based on what they look like--Their appearance, namely clothes, usually tells you something about the character, and is never irrelevant in mine.

I usually ask myself what the person is dressed for and why they might have decided to dress that way. This often forms the basis of that person's personality. Do they dress to please others, for comfort, for practicality? Or do they dress the way to grab people's attention, not necessarily in a positive manner? Are they dressed for some sort of job or profession?

From there I wind up asking myself what kind of pokemon team would be appropriate for them. I have verious themes for different characters. Most of the time I give them some sort of theme. What does the trainer desire, cute pokemon? large powerful looking pokemon? a certain type of pokemon? Pokemon that identify with their lifestyle? Pokemon that can be found in a certain specific area?

Sometimes I wind up not giving them a theme however. At that point I decide how powerful they are relative to other trainers. I then have to write a history, flesh out the personality in-depth, and write a short misc info bio for them.

I accidentally my entire thought process.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Since I have a bit of interest, let me pitch a proposal for that Fairy Tail concept.

Celestia Spire: Guild of the Spirits (A FAIRY TAIL RP)

The nation of Fiore is known for it's many great guilds. Fairy Tail, Lamia Scale, Blue Pegasus, Sabertooth, all fantastic yet mysterious guilds that deserve the high praise they have received. Amidst the numerous guilds in the nation, however, one remains a mystery above all else. Celestia Spire, a guild buried in the mountains in the southwest part of the country has been in existence, albeit without any members for fifty years. A guild thematically based around the Celestial Spirits, it is said that the Master was once a grand Celestial Mage, one that now only recruits those into his guild that meet an odd condition.

He seeks those born infused with the magic power of the Celestial Spirits - a process that is presumed to rarely occur to children born of Celestial Mages - first or second generation, but isn't proven with fact. These offspring, as a result, are born with a magic potential almost on par with that of a mythical Dragon Slayer, particularly when the infused magic is of a spirit of the gold keys. In a way, these mages were essentially human descendants of the spirits, and the Master of Celestia Spire wanted them all for his guild.

----

That's basically it for the premise. Basically, our characters will be those mages that possess the magic power of the Celestial Spirits and the RP will start with the Master of Celestia Spire doing... something. Probably set some sort of trap mission to bring out those that unknowingly have the power or something. XD Just because the characters have the magical power of the spirits though, doesn't mean they need to have the same abilities, so there will be a great deal of freedom in creating your character's magic. If people like this idea, I'll expand on it.

So basically we are like dragon slayers cept instead of being trained by dragons we are born with the power of celestial spirits? The the powers are just a basis of our magic so you could have the abilities of Sagittarius so you're magic is long range with no real short rain power (because he uses a bow). Am I following correctly? Just need a bit of clarity on how the magic can be so I can figure mine out :P Or could it be we chose our magic powers and then you find a spirit that our powers are based around?
It sounds so interesting though! Im definitely liking the idea.

The Pinkie Pie

Party Rocker Pony/Trainer
Years
How do you create your characters? Do you base them off something? Do you get a appearance set then work off that? Etc.

In my experience, my characters are based on one of three things: myself, someone I know, or a character I like. Sometimes it could be based on two of those, or all three. Despite that, it isn't rare for me to use a character off the top of my head. As far as appearance, I do that about half the time. Other half, I'll do type out the appearance once everything else is set.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Would anyone be interested in an RP where you are a human in control of a dragon? I'll post more details once I get the plot more organized.

Raveness

Champion
Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2012
[SIZE="a"]I love to rp, but anytime I find one I like to join it is already full. Any tips?[/SIZE]

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
[SIZE="a"]I love to rp, but anytime I find one I like to join it is already full. Any tips?

Well Danger on the S.S. Anne has a few spaces left at the moment ;) RPs do tend to fill up quite quickly at the moment. Especially those with only a few spaces in the first place.

Would anyone be interested in an RP where you are a human in control of a dragon? I'll post more details once I get the plot more organized.

Hmm I think more details are needed! Could work pretty well though, as long as the dragons can all be quite different to each other and there's a sound story around them.

How do you create your characters? Do you base them off something? Do you get a appearance set then work off that? Etc.

I tend to base my characters of one trait or profession, but try to warp them to make them less predictable. Try to break some stereotypes without overdoing it. I prefer to think about original appearances, although sometimes I may base a face/hair off an image so it's easier for myself and others to picture them. I like creating their own clothing though to match their personality.[/SIZE]

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
Years
This will probably sounds like a very stupid question...

*Deep Breath*
Buuuuuuut

I'm looking to join an RP. I used to get involved with tons when I was a regular poster here about 5 years ago, but the whole system seems to have changed. I've re-read the rules, and the huge thread on RP Etiquette, but the one thing I can't seem to work out is how to sign up, I've looked down pretty much the whole list (Excluding ones with tons of posts that are obviously filled up and well into production) But even the threads with 1-10 posts don't have the sign up sheet on the front page.

I'm guessing I'm just confused cos back in the day when I was here more, an RP would begin on the same thread that had the sign ups at the beginning, whereas it looks to me now that once sign ups are complete they are deleted and the first post in the GM opening the story?

Assuming this is correct, the only reason I can't find an RP to sign up for is because there currently aren't any xD

But some clarification on this would be appreciated!

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
This will probably sounds like a very stupid question...

*Deep Breath*
Buuuuuuut

I'm looking to join an RP. I used to get involved with tons when I was a regular poster here about 5 years ago, but the whole system seems to have changed. I've re-read the rules, and the huge thread on RP Etiquette, but the one thing I can't seem to work out is how to sign up, I've looked down pretty much the whole list (Excluding ones with tons of posts that are obviously filled up and well into production) But even the threads with 1-10 posts don't have the sign up sheet on the front page.

I'm guessing I'm just confused cos back in the day when I was here more, an RP would begin on the same thread that had the sign ups at the beginning, whereas it looks to me now that once sign ups are complete they are deleted and the first post in the GM opening the story?

Assuming this is correct, the only reason I can't find an RP to sign up for is because there currently aren't any xD

But some clarification on this would be appreciated!
You're probably looking in the IC threads. A lot of GMs only put the SUs in the OOC thread in the RP Lounge, so if you want to join an RP, find the thread with the same name in the Lounge.

Sapphire Rose

Years
@hunterzero- i thought akio-kun had made one already :3 he's still looking for RPers but will submit the IC thread once he's back ^^ it's called "scared fire, devine water."

But if you would made a complete different one i guess i would join :3

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
[SIZE="a"]I love to rp, but anytime I find one I like to join it is already full. Any tips?[/SIZE]
Subscribe to the "check to see if your thread is accepted" thread. If you fix your account up correctly, you get emails when I update it or you can just check your usercp every day like I do.

Sapphire Rose

Years
note for everyone i RP with

From on tomorrow i'll be online less :3 still everyday but just... Less xD this is because i have work now and i'm going to work the whole summer :3 and... My phone probely won't be payed untill july 1st -v- hehe... Sorry guys :)

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
What I currently have planned for the dragon RP:

I'm probably going to call it Fargona, after the name of the world where it will take place. I'm still working on creating the world. Each person will start with at least one dragon (the max will probably be 3). Scattered about the land are arenas where people pit their dragons against each other in battles in which the winner is rewarded a prize, usually gold. The idea I'm currently working on for the plot is that someone is killing off dragon masters and stealing their dragons.

I have come up with a list of dragon species that will be in the RP. More may be added to this list. I am currently working on descriptions for each species:
Amphisbaena
Bakunawa
Basilisk
Celestial
Chimera
Drake
Fae
Gargoyle
Hydra
Manticore
Quetzalcoatl
Tatzelwurm
Tiamat
Wyrm
Wyvern

If anyone still wants to know more, I'll add more when I'm further along in making the plot.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
What I currently have planned for the dragon RP:

I'm probably going to call it Fargona, after the name of the world where it will take place. I'm still working on creating the world. Each person will start with at least one dragon (the max will probably be 3). Scattered about the land are arenas where people pit their dragons against each other in battles in which the winner is rewarded a prize, usually gold. The idea I'm currently working on for the plot is that someone is killing off dragon masters and stealing their dragons.

I have come up with a list of dragon species that will be in the RP. More may be added to this list. I am currently working on descriptions for each species:
Amphisbaena
Bakunawa
Basilisk
Celestial
Chimera
Drake
Fae
Gargoyle
Hydra
Manticore
Quetzalcoatl
Tatzelwurm
Tiamat
Wyrm
Wyvern

If anyone still wants to know more, I'll add more when I'm further along in making the plot.

Hrrm. I like the idea of dragons, but the story at the moment seems like a bit of a cop out - since it's very much 'Pokémon-without-Pokémon'.

I think a dragon RP will work better with a deeper, original story - Dragons are often mythical and magical beings with almighty power. It may be interesting to go along that route - rather than having them battle each other pose them more as knights, battling the evil (perhaps sorcerors?) which seeks to take away the dragons.

It would be an interesting spin, since usually knights are the slayers of dragons rather than partners. I would say, again to make it less like Pokémon, each player should have strictly one dragon. That makes them rarer - why would anyone want to steal dragons when there seems to be loads?

Hope that made sense and gives a few things to think about :3.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years

Hrrm. I like the idea of dragons, but the story at the moment seems like a bit of a cop out - since it's very much 'Pokémon-without-Pokémon'.

I think a dragon RP will work better with a deeper, original story - Dragons are often mythical and magical beings with almighty power. It may be interesting to go along that route - rather than having them battle each other pose them more as knights, battling the evil (perhaps sorcerors?) which seeks to take away the dragons.

It would be an interesting spin, since usually knights are the slayers of dragons rather than partners. I would say, again to make it less like Pokémon, each player should have strictly one dragon. That makes them rarer - why would anyone want to steal dragons when there seems to be loads?

Hope that made sense and gives a few things to think about :3.
I was thinking about that, but if people only get one dragon each then the Fae would likely never get chosen because it's only about the size of a sparrow. But then again, it's still powerful, so I could probably change it to one dragon each... Dragons aren't supposed to be incredibly rare in this world, but I see your point about the arenas... It shouldn't be to hard to change.

What you said actually gave me an idea: Many humans can tame dragons, but only certain humans have the rare ability to create a bond with their first dragon. This causes their first dragon to listen to them without question, and the dragon and master can communicate with pictures and emotions, but not with actual words. Any other dragons must be tamed the normal way, which is much more difficult. Even fully trained dragons don't always listen to their masters.

If you still think it would work better with each person to only have one dragon, then I'll probably

Your question about why someone would steal dragons when there are so many is something I can't answer. It would give to much away~

To replace the arenas, dragon masters could instead be knights as you suggested, wandering adventurers, thieves, farmers.... anything, really. Dragons could easily have uses in many different occupations in medieval times.

One species I didn't think of adding before is Longma, which is rather silly as horses are my favorite animals and usually the first things I think of XD And the Kirin is also being added to the list of species.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years

It really varies. Sometimes I use characters from stories I've thought up in a roleplay so I can get more familiar with them. (Like Kris from Valde Bellum and Lanhua from Arcanum) Usually these are minor characters that I'd like to get a firmer grip on. For most others I usually have an image of a character in my head that I really like. I'm a very visual person (which I need since I also do a lot of drawing) and in order to make a good original character I need to have a very good visual on them. These other characters usually come to me while reading the plot of a roleplay, especially when they have interesting settings. (Like Evie from Prelude)

So yes, I base them either of a pre-existing character for an original story or of a strong mental image.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Hey everyone we've had a terrible storm and I still don't have power, I'm in a public place to use internet but I'm not sure when the power will be back they said around July 8th

CJBlazer

Rogon, the Ninja Pokemon
Years
Hey, umm, I am new here and am not sure just how to get a roleplay started here. I am an expert roleplayer and hope to put my first RP here: Time Exploration. Its when a secret area of the Kinleaf Forest has been discovered and the League Masters (roleplayers) have sent a team to investigate.

I probably should introduce League Masters first, shouldn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back