The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 1st, 2012, 08:04 AM
darkdemon
Beginning Trainer

Pokemon Destiny

Made with RPG Maker XP, and Pokemon Essentials

The Main Story Line, should you chose to accept it

Spoiler:
For the past several years people have been disappearing and nobody knows where too. Your dad himself was on an epic journey with the Pokemon Master of all regions and they were doing this special research on pokemon when suddenly they disapear too. Nobody realises they had disapeared untill after a few years when rumours are brought up that your dad died while training, and the Pokemon Master died in a fatal mistake made by your Dad which killed the Pokemon master. Your dad left you behind 1 of his childhood pokemon and a PokeGear. Now you are thirteen and your mom wants you to follow your dream, but you want to also figure out about your dad, and so set out on your journey.

Your choices of paths:

Spoiler:
Trainer- The typical, now expected story line from any Pokemon game. You chose a starter pokemon, you have rival. You go around the region trying to beat all the gyms and eventually beating the elite four. This path includes the Main Story Line.

Researcher- You meat the professor and he/she will ask you a set of questions that will in the end decide who you get as your starter pokemon. From here you will be sent on a mission to collect data about different Pokemon and try to uncover and learn more about the 3 legendary pokemon. After seeing all three you will be sent into a parallel universe in which you uncover many many secrets about your past, everybody's present, and everybody's future. It is then your mission to get back to the real world somehow and then you get to chose whether you want to send the 3 legendaries away or let them roam your lands. This path MAY include the Main Story Line.

Explorer: You are given a very sturdy Pokémon and are expected to travel into the unknown seas and unknown land. On this journey you may discover new regions and new people on new lands!! You will also have the ability to claim unknown land and give it your own name and develop city's and town's on it!! This path MAY include the Main Story Line.

Screenshots:

http://gyazo.com/ee93e29ea6cc1eec0578637275bf6f0c

http://gyazo.com/3f1daf513b9ecafa28cb0134ba91b7dc

http://gyazo.com/3ff24cec68a028626ae4038c4044298d

http://gyazo.com/215a9055f6a7e6e7cc1137b5e623b7fc

I really want to post a map put it's not allowed

Credits:
-Flameguru
-Poccil
-Ho-Oh 112
-Kyldove
-Speed
-And others =D

HELP NEEDED!!
Looking for:
-Spriters
-Sripters / coders
-Mappers

Pease note: Im looking to put a load of effort into this game and will appreciate some advance sripters that could implement new features into this game.

Last edited by darkdemon; July 9th, 2012 at 12:06 PM. Reason: New screen shots
Old July 3rd, 2012, 06:34 AM
darkdemon
Beginning Trainer

UPDATE: Sadly enough something happened to my entire project and it now gives me an "Unexpected file format" error. I will try to start from scratch and this time with better graphics but maybe the same story. I hope progress will be made. =|
Old July 3rd, 2012, 06:44 AM
Jay-Kunn
Lawfully Evil

Nature: Adamant
I'm sincerely sorry that happened to your project.

However, I do want to ask; have you mapped out your story, just yet?
Pokemon Opal Version
- What happens when the fight reaches the inside?
Old July 4th, 2012, 03:33 AM
darkdemon
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-Kunn View Post
I'm sincerely sorry that happened to your project.

However, I do want to ask; have you mapped out your story, just yet?
Well yes I have planned out the entire story in my head =D And

UPDATE:

Even though I couldn't get my maps back I decided to start over and I have made much faster progress. The story and everything will remain the same but the Home Town is changed!! The project is back up and running!!
Old July 9th, 2012, 09:37 AM
personz5

good luck also may i suggest that make a option to choose a team like team rocket magma aqua etc well good luck hope you dont quit on it
Old July 9th, 2012, 09:39 AM
tanjim13

Nice story and screenies, but I think the grass tiles are a bit too bright, but that's just my opinion, otherwise, it is great!
Old July 9th, 2012, 11:09 AM
darkdemon
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by personz5 View Post
good luck also may i suggest that make a option to choose a team like team rocket magma aqua etc well good luck hope you dont quit on it
I'm not exactly sure if I will do that but I was planning on adding DLC to the game. SO after it's first launch you will be able to download extra content and that content may bring a new team!! And don't worry I'm definitely NOT quiting on this game!

Tanjim13:

I dont know, if many people say it's too bright then I guess I'll change it. It's not so hard. Although the reason I like this bright grass is because I thought that it would give a more lively feel to the game if everything was bright and there were pokemon flying around.

UPDATE!!

Since I lost my previous project I'll be posting new screenies of what I have so far. I have made more progress than before!! Check the screenies again for an updated everything!

Last edited by darkdemon; July 9th, 2012 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Update!
Old February 27th, 2013, 03:20 AM
Freak A
Back !!!

Nature: Bold
I will only say one thing, the third part, could be made as a completely different game.

and I LIKE PEANUTS !!!!!
Old February 27th, 2013, 05:37 AM
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

Thread revival. Please don't.

Sponsored Links