The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 27th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Starsprite
This is how we live!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Starsprite
This club looks like in needs more love. That is what I'm here for.

Name: Starsprite
Partner Pokemon: Marie the Flaaffy

So which Electric types have the best fan art?

I really really really like the fanart for the Mareep line. I think it's absolutely adorable~

Spoiler:
Old June 27th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Hi Starsprite, welcome to the club! So what made you choose Flaffy as your partner? And why do you like Electric types so much? c: The image you linked doesn't work, but I agree that they certainly do have a lot of great fan art!

I just absolutely adore the common sparkle in fan art that's applied to its coat - it looks utterly divine. ♥
Old June 27th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Starsprite
This is how we live!

Well hello there! I chose Flaaffy because...I really don't know. I just love them for no particular reason. It has a lovely colour scheme too, especially with the white on pink.

Well I don't think that there's a single electric type I don't like. In-game they have speed, and I love the designs for all of them, so all around they're my favorite type.

I don't know what's wrong with the image, by the way, since it shows up in my post fine for me. I probably made some mistake typical of new users or something. I have a tendency to do that.
Old June 27th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Ahh nice, those are brilliant reasons to love Electric types. c: I certainly agree with you; their immense speeds and elegant designs truly are something to behold! So which is your favourite Electric type Pokémon? May I assume it's Flaffy or something else? x]

Hmm odd - it's probably just my computer playing up since there's nothing wrong with the code you posted haha. One thing I love about the Electric sheep family is that they're able to have so many different personalities applied to them due to their designs/characters. Eg with Mareep it can look cute, elegant, powerful, silly, or anything you'd like! I really don't think most Pokémon families share this trait. Here are some of my favourite examples c:

Spoiler:

Man this is really making me want to make a Mareep theme... xD
Old June 27th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Starsprite
This is how we live!

Oh my~ I don't know that I could pick just one. I am very fond of the little electric sheep though, so I guess it can be my favorite. ♥

I agree. They can fit into so many different portrayals. Although, most portrayals I've seen have Mareep being incredibly fluffy. Not that I'm complaining.

I'm hoping these actually work. xD
Spoiler:

Old July 1st, 2012, 06:49 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

N'aww, that picture of Mareep and Whimsicott together is adorable! <3 I think that brings up an interesting new topic though :D Do you think Electric types blend well with other types? And if so, which?

I think Electric types don't really blend in naturally with any type other than Flying. Thunder birds and huge monsters (or in Emolga's case squirrels) creating lightning from the sky seems like a perfect image to me that fits perfectly with the concept of Electric types. But unfortunately I can't think of any other types which lend themselves well to the Electric type; it seems to be a very solitary type in this respect. The only other type I'd coin it with is Steel because it makes sense that machines would be capable of producing this kind of electric power, but that's about it. :3 It's interesting though that the majority of Electric types are in fact mono-typed with the minority having dual-types - I think this really beckons the point that Electric Pokémon are a pretty solitary race in terms of type combinations.
Old July 1st, 2012, 02:17 PM
KyokuseiXRyusei
DenCabe! :3

Nature: Sassy
UserName- KyokuseiXRyusei
Pokemon Partner- StunFisk

I agree. Electric-Types look better in the sky. For example, Zapdos will always be a favorite of mine. The way streaks of Lightning are slashed across the sky is such a vivid flavor!
Old July 1st, 2012, 03:35 PM
Starsprite
This is how we live!

While I agree that an Electric/Flying type does work, I don't think it's the only blend of types that works. For example, I think they blended Rotom's Ghost and Electric types well, and I imagine a Psychic/Electric type might work out well too. Dragon works too. You can make a dragon out of pretty much anything. Electric and Water, though, is pushing it, as would be Electric and Grass.

I had actually never noticed how solitary Electric types were until just now. The more you know, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyokuseiXRyusei View Post
The way streaks of Lightning are slashed across the sky is such a vivid flavor!
You have no idea how much I love the way you worded that~
Old July 1st, 2012, 06:46 PM
Zephele
✧ leave it to me!

That imagery is certainly stellar~

I agree that Dragon types fit well with Electric considering how dragons are often seen as creatures which can manipulate the elements. Though I don't find the idea of Water/Electric types all too farfetched considering how many fish, such as sharks, can detect electrical fields, while others, like eels, can generate them.

I dunno, I guess it depends on how well the design of the Pokemon blends the two types together. For example, Electric/Ghost on Rotom works quite perfectly together, considering it's a ghost that haunts electrical equipment.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 10:13 AM
Starsprite
This is how we live!

Oh just me popping in and replying two days later~

You know, I actually hadn't thought about how electricity plays its part in the water, so I take back what I said about that. I still hold that a Grass / Electric type would be somewhat disastrous (stun spore or no).

I do, however, think if they come up with more electric types at any point in time they should probably branch out a little.
Old July 4th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Quote:
UserName- KyokuseiXRyusei
Pokemon Partner- StunFisk

I agree. Electric-Types look better in the sky. For example, Zapdos will always be a favorite of mine. The way streaks of Lightning are slashed across the sky is such a vivid flavor!
Hi there, welcome to the club! Great to see more Electric type fans out there :D So what made you choose Stunfisk as your partner? It's a personal favourite of mine too so I can completely understand why, but I'm curious what you like about it? :D Also wow, you sound just like Cilan at the end there. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsprite View Post
I do, however, think if they come up with more electric types at any point in time they should probably branch out a little.
I certainly agree. What I'd love to see is a Grass & Electric type, a Poison & Electric type and an Ice & Electric type. Possible also Fire & Electric. The reason I choose these type combinations is due to the way Electric types generally have a huge Special Attack stat and immense speed, the latter of which is an area that most other 'special types' miss out on. I think most deserving of an Electric-type partnership would be Ice since if Ice types gained a bit more agility, they'd be a thousand times more deadly. Plus unleashing a barrage of Electric & Ice type moves will be enough to render any opponent useless; especially helpful in defeating Ground types where the Electric Pokémon normally fall down.
Old July 4th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Starsprite
This is how we live!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
What I'd love to see is a Grass & Electric type,
Notice how that was the type combination I was just preaching against. xD

I agree that those stat combinations would be interesting to work with, but I just have trouble envisioning what kind of species they would be. I'd say it would take a great deal of creativity to make a Pokemon with some of those type combinations, and people are already complaining that some Pokemon are being based off of things that are 'bizzare' to say the least.
Old July 4th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Notice how that was the type combination I was just preaching against. xD
I know haha, I just think the stats would compliment each other well xD

Quote:
I agree that those stat combinations would be interesting to work with, but I just have trouble envisioning what kind of species they would be. I'd say it would take a great deal of creativity to make a Pokemon with some of those type combinations, and people are already complaining that some Pokemon are being based off of things that are 'bizzare' to say the least.
Ahahah, I cannot agree with this more! xD I think it'd have to do down the Joltik/Galvantula route tbh if we're working with Grass/Electric types. Maybe a an Electric plant or something? xD I just Googled "Electric Flower" and some tbh amazing images came up eg:
Spoiler:

So I think if they based the Pokémon on something as beautiful and powerful as this, it'd work well. Although at the moment all I can think of is a blue Maractus with these flowers on its shoulders shooting electricity so I don't think I'm the best person to answer this lmao.
Old July 4th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Starsprite
This is how we live!

Quote:
Although at the moment all I can think of is a blue Maractus with these flowers on its shoulders shooting electricity so I don't think I'm the best person to answer this lmao.
Well they could go more of the Lilligant route (of course I would say that) or even something similar to a Meganium. I looked around for any direct connections between plant life and electricity, and I just couldn't seem to find anything. Okay, so now I want to see an Electric/Grass type just because I'm curious about it.
Old July 4th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Okay so I've spent a while trying to find connections, and I think I've got one... Bare with me, and look at this image.

Spoiler:

Okay so you're probably thinking "What the heck?", but how about... A SEA ANEMONE THAT SHOOTS FIREWORKS!? ;D I know this is a crazy idea but I mean come on, we've already got an ice cream and a rubbish bag so why not a firework shooting mound of planty fluff? \o/ I dunno, it's the best I can come up with haha. Have you guys got any more concept ideas for Grass/Electric types? xD
Old July 4th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Starsprite
This is how we live!

Well that's great and all but...well, wouldn't a sea anemone be well...a Water Type?

Either way I want that Pokemon now. Because that is just SO COOL. So in that case would we want something like a Christmas Tree Pokemon? I mean, it has the plants and the electric lights, so it makes just as much sense.

(Do I count as 'you guys', because I just keep replying and replying. It's going to get old soon. xD)
Old July 4th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Zephele
✧ leave it to me!

I don't think it's too much to fudge the types a bit. I mean, Stunfisk is clearly a fish and should probably be Water-type, but its strange typing works with it very well.

One idea for Electric/Grass that I had was an electric pole with wires... but even as a fan of something like Trubbish, I think that's stretching it a bit, haha. Christmas tree Pokemon definitely works better. Or maybe some sort of weird carnivorous plant which uses lights and electricity to attract and stun prey. Something like this (click!) but instead of using sticky sap, the arms glow...? I don't even know, haha. But I do want a Pokemon with this typing to exist too, now.
Old July 5th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Well that's great and all but...well, wouldn't a sea anemone be well...a Water Type?

Either way I want that Pokemon now. Because that is just SO COOL. So in that case would we want something like a Christmas Tree Pokemon? I mean, it has the plants and the electric lights, so it makes just as much sense.)
Well, yeah, but... Shh. xD It's the best I could come up with okay? xD I think a Christmas Tree Pokémon would be interesting, but isn't that what Abomasnow/Snover are meant to be? :3 Plus I can't really see how they'd make that without it looking really cheesey/awful :c But it would be interesting to see them try :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephele View Post
I don't think it's too much to fudge the types a bit. I mean, Stunfisk is clearly a fish and should probably be Water-type, but its strange typing works with it very well.

One idea for Electric/Grass that I had was an electric pole with wires... but even as a fan of something like Trubbish, I think that's stretching it a bit, haha. Christmas tree Pokemon definitely works better. Or maybe some sort of weird carnivorous plant which uses lights and electricity to attract and stun prey. Something like this (click!) but instead of using sticky sap, the arms glow...? I don't even know, haha. But I do want a Pokemon with this typing to exist too, now.
I agree with the Stunfisk thing; especially since Stunfisk actually lives under water, so yeah the sea anemone idea could work x] Hmm, a pole with wires could be interesting, but it's kinda making me think Ferrothorn with a thinner body xD I reckon the image you linked would be perfect though, it already looks like it's glimmering with energy :D

So how about an Electric/Poison type? o3o I don't even know where to start with this one lmao; at the moment I'm just thinking a snake with an electric tail. xD Here's some Electric/Poison fakemon I found on Google, what do you guys think of them?

Spoiler:

I'm guessing the idea is to combine radiation and electricity... But yeah, I'm actually kinda like them tbh. And it's not like I can think of any better ideas xD It's an interesting direction to take Poison types in too tbh, using radiation as opposed to actual poison.
Old July 5th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Starsprite
This is how we live!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephele View Post
Or maybe some sort of weird carnivorous plant which uses lights and electricity to attract and stun prey.
I actually really like that idea. You definitely beat my Christmas Tree with that one. xD

I actually think a Christmas Tree Pokemon would be a complete disaster. All you'd really be doing is putting a string of lights around an Abomasnow and calling it an Electric Type.

Wait. Wait. I've got this. How about...Abomasnow Christmas Tree Form? Oh I'm so clever.

Quote:
I agree with the Stunfisk thing; especially since Stunfisk actually lives under water, so yeah the sea anemone idea could work x]
I'm pretty sure a sea anemone isn't even a plant though. I'd say it would have to be a Water/Electric type.

EDIT: Oh, and for the Electric Poison types I see what they're trying to do, but I think it needs a serious change to it's colour scheme. xD

Last edited by Starsprite; July 5th, 2012 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Forgot something. xP
Old July 5th, 2012, 02:14 PM
KyokuseiXRyusei
DenCabe! :3

Nature: Sassy
I don't mind seeing double-type Electric Pokemon. Actually, correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there are any Electric/Poison type Pokemon. I want to see Electric/Ice type Pokemon, too.
Old July 5th, 2012, 05:10 PM
KoboraX
Grand Master of Themed Teams

Nature: Relaxed
Name: KoboraX
Partner Pokemon: Crash the Eelektross

In my opinion, Electric is only a good mix with Flying types. Zapdos is pretty much the only example of that, dispite the fact it's the only Electric/Flying type so far. Other than that, Dragon would be a possible good substitute with the case of Zekrom and how it brought Fusion Bolt and Bolt Strike to the Electric type world.

Luvdisc Solo x4
FireRed 3/8 - Ruby - Platinum - White 2
Omastar Solo - FireRed 0/8
Armaldo Solo - Emerald 0/8
Furret Solo - Silver 0/8
Pokemon Emerald Randomizer Nuzlocke - 0/8
Old July 6th, 2012, 02:11 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Wait. Wait. I've got this. How about...Abomasnow Christmas Tree Form? Oh I'm so clever.
... xD This would be wonderful paha. And what with all the new forms they're bringing in with Gen V.2, I wouldn't be surprised if this did actually happen haha. Maybe it could bring in a third typing and we'd get a Grass/Ice/Electric Pokémon - now that would be cool.

Quote:
I don't mind seeing double-type Electric Pokemon. Actually, correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there are any Electric/Poison type Pokemon. I want to see Electric/Ice type Pokemon, too.
There aren't, but I really think there should be :D What do you think they'd look like if they did exist? And the same for Ice/Electric types? :3 I find them both really hard to picture tbh; I can't think of anything to relate the types haha. How about a polarbear with a thunder hammer? xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoboraX View Post
Name: KoboraX
Partner Pokemon: Crash the Eelektross

In my opinion, Electric is only a good mix with Flying types. Zapdos is pretty much the only example of that, dispite the fact it's the only Electric/Flying type so far. Other than that, Dragon would be a possible good substitute with the case of Zekrom and how it brought Fusion Bolt and Bolt Strike to the Electric type world.
Hi there, welcome to the club! :D What made you choose Eelektross as your partner Pokémon? ^^ Emolga and Thundurus are both Electric/Flying btw, although I agree that they don't really show off this dual typing very well compared to Zapdos. I reckon you're right about Dragon/Electric Pokémon though, I never thought of that! There's sooo much potential for that typing to exist; I'm picturing a massive glowing light blue dragon with massive yellow horns bellowing out thunderous ripples and glowing bolts of red hot lightning and hnggg this just sounds so cool in my mind. <333 What do you think new Dragon/Electric types could look like?

By the way, if you guys ever get tired of talking about new types of Electric Pokémon then feel free to start a new topic :D I'm just really interested in this side of things haha.
Old July 6th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Starsprite
This is how we live!

Quote:
Maybe it could bring in a third typing and we'd get a Grass/Ice/Electric Pokémon - now that would be cool.
Third typing? Oh just imagine all the cool things that could bring about~

I mean, obviously it would be a little awkward in game, but think of all the designs that could come out of it. What about that? Would that change your perspective on what types you would add to electric if you could add not one, but two types? I sound like a person on an infomercial. Don't I? xD

That said, I want that Electric/Psychic, and an Electric/Grass. Make it happen. I am the prettiest princess in all the land, and I hate waiting.
Old July 8th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

I know haha, it'd bring out some seriously cool new strategies and abilities for our darling Electric types to use! And some of the designs, just wow. How about a Water/Grass/Electric type? -subtly nudges sea anemone- ;D So what would be the best two types to combine with Electric? o.o I guess Electric, Fighting and Water would be good since that'd cover pretty much any enemy you could imagine; and I'm sure something that badass would look amazing. xD

Electric and Psychic hmm... Interesting idea, what kind of things could you think of for that? Atm I'm just thinking a Grumpig that has a yellow gem on it's forehead lmao.
Old July 8th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Starsprite
This is how we live!

What would an Electric / Fighting / Water type even be?

You could have an Electric / Flying / Water type, like a thunderstorm maybe, or the Electric / Grass / Water type like you said. There are just so many combinations...

I looked up Electric / Psychic types, and all I could find was a lightbulb Pokemon and a recolour of Pikachu. I was confused.

Sponsored Links