The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 4th, 2012, 03:34 AM
parallelzero
chelia.blendy

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
The nation of Fiore is known for it's many great guilds. Fairy Tail, Lamia Scale, Blue Pegasus, Sabertooth, all fantastic yet mysterious guilds that deserve the high praise they have received. Amidst the numerous guilds in the nation, however, one remains a mystery above all else. Celestia Spire, a guild buried in the mountains in the southwest part of the country has been in existence, albeit without any members for fifty years. A guild thematically based around the Celestial Spirits, it is said that the Master was once a grand Celestial Mage, one that now only recruits those into his guild that meet an odd condition.

He seeks those born infused with the magic power of the Celestial Spirits - a process that is presumed to rarely occur in children born of Celestial Mages - first or second generation, but isn't proven with fact. These offspring, as a result, are born with a magic potential almost on par with that of a mythical Dragon Slayer, particularly when the infused magic is of a spirit of the gold keys. In a way, these mages were essentially human descendants of the spirits, and the Master of Celestia Spire wanted them all for his guild. Aside from this known fact, nobody knows the true ambitions of Master Anacra - whether he wants to create a guild for the betterment of Fiore, or of his own ambitions.

->++

And that's it for the plot! I could go into it more, speak of my more in depth plans, but those will change based on the characters and how the events unfold. Think of the plot as more of an arc introduction, since the RP itself will consist of a series of story arcs revolving around Celestia Spire. The story will be taking place in tangent with the plot of the anime / manga (starting around the Oracion Seis arc), so canon events taking place in the world might come up once in a while. However, canon characters will not be showing up at any point.

Naturally, this RP will be a very character driven affair, so consider the pasts and personalities of your PCs carefully. I may make arcs more based on certain characters depending on the information you provide, but here's the thing: I don't want you to post the history of your characters in this thread, I'd like you to PM me them to keep them a secret until they have plot relevance. As a result, the history doesn't have to be really long - it could be a series of notes for me to work off of, and you could explain the rest later. If something pertaining to your character is about to come up, don't worry, I'll give you a heads up beforehand.

Before we go into more detail revolving around character creation, a note on magic. I'm not going to be too restrictive on the type of magic your character can use, seeing as how magic in the FT canon is extremely "whatever goes", but try and follow these two rules:
  • Don't make your character overpowered. Naturally, our characters will grow more powerful overtime, so at least for now consider that they shouldn't have the power of an S-class mage or anything.
  • Try to think of something unique. I mean, don't go making a Natsu or Gray power wise, basically. If you want, you could make a character with a variation of these skills, but I don't want "a fire mage that shoots fire from his mouth and can light his fists on fire", basically.

Character Form
Spoiler:

I.
Name :::: Code Name
Age | ♂ or ♀ | Occupation
Spirit Inheritance -/- Name of Magic

II. --} APPEARANCE
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Etiam eu leo vitae urna congue fringilla eget sit amet urna. Cras sed massa ac arcu ultricies blandit eget sed dui. Vivamus aliquam sem eu sapien mattis ultrices. Suspendisse ut congue lectus. Nullam rhoncus ultrices nibh, at pharetra risus eleifend in. Proin rutrum vestibulum ante, non placerat velit consectetur ac. Mauris at neque vel nulla feugiat congue ac nec elit. Proin adipiscing, diam at aliquam fermentum, nulla massa elementum enim, sed ultrices erat augue a odio. Pellentesque ante sapien, condimentum non mollis ut, adipiscing ut lectus. Sed id enim vel mauris adipiscing viverra at eget urna. Mauris a sapien in lorem consectetur dapibus id in felis. In leo neque, venenatis eget euismod non, consequat at justo. Curabitur lorem erat, auctor sed vulputate sed, commodo sed ligula. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Integer convallis nulla et nunc commodo vitae auctor odio fermentum.

Duis molestie massa vel ligula sagittis pulvinar. Donec vestibulum, eros at venenatis fringilla, dui neque consectetur urna, vel luctus enim risus at nulla. Vivamus elementum pulvinar neque, ac molestie sapien accumsan pellentesque. Phasellus non mauris ipsum, eu malesuada erat. Proin pulvinar erat at eros interdum convallis. Sed mi neque, feugiat et pharetra sed, convallis eget sem. Donec libero erat, semper iaculis dictum vitae, sodales eget lacus. Phasellus justo mi, faucibus ut molestie sagittis, eleifend ac quam. In ut ornare eros. Aenean laoreet dignissim porttitor. Vestibulum tortor neque, feugiat eu vulputate id, euismod quis arcu. Vestibulum sed pulvinar magna.

III. --} GENERAL PERSONALITY
  • comedic gimmick
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Etiam eu leo vitae urna congue fringilla eget sit amet urna. Cras sed massa ac arcu ultricies blandit eget sed dui. Vivamus aliquam sem eu sapien mattis ultrices. Suspendisse ut congue lectus. Nullam rhoncus ultrices nibh, at pharetra risus eleifend in. Proin rutrum vestibulum ante, non placerat velit consectetur ac. Mauris at neque vel nulla feugiat congue ac nec elit. Proin adipiscing, diam at aliquam fermentum, nulla massa elementum enim, sed ultrices erat augue a odio. Pellentesque ante sapien, condimentum non mollis ut, adipiscing ut lectus. Sed id enim vel mauris adipiscing viverra at eget urna. Mauris a sapien in lorem consectetur dapibus id in felis. In leo neque, venenatis eget euismod non, consequat at justo. Curabitur lorem erat, auctor sed vulputate sed, commodo sed ligula. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Integer convallis nulla et nunc commodo vitae auctor odio fermentum.

Duis molestie massa vel ligula sagittis pulvinar. Donec vestibulum, eros at venenatis fringilla, dui neque consectetur urna, vel luctus enim risus at nulla. Vivamus elementum pulvinar neque, ac molestie sapien accumsan pellentesque. Phasellus non mauris ipsum, eu malesuada erat. Proin pulvinar erat at eros interdum convallis. Sed mi neque, feugiat et pharetra sed, convallis eget sem. Donec libero erat, semper iaculis dictum vitae, sodales eget lacus. Phasellus justo mi, faucibus ut molestie sagittis, eleifend ac quam. In ut ornare eros. Aenean laoreet dignissim porttitor. Vestibulum tortor neque, feugiat eu vulputate id, euismod quis arcu. Vestibulum sed pulvinar magna.

IV. --} LIKES & DISLIKES
  • like | dislike
  • like | dislike
  • like | dislike
  • like | dislike
  • like | dislike
  • like | dislike
  • like | dislike
  • like | dislike
  • like | dislike
  • like | dislike

V. --} MAGIC OVERVIEW
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nunc cursus laoreet velit, quis ullamcorper nulla commodo ut. Aliquam feugiat commodo urna eget sollicitudin. Nulla porta gravida turpis id dictum. Morbi a condimentum tortor. Aenean elementum sapien eu justo egestas sed mattis quam cursus. Duis eu nulla eu tellus iaculis dictum. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Mauris lorem quam, ornare in condimentum vel, iaculis a diam.

VI. --} NAMED ATTACKS
  1. attack name - brief description
  2. attack name - brief description
  3. attack name - brief description

VII. --} CHARACTER RELATIONSHIPS
->to be updated at the end of each arc; leave blank for now

FORM EXPLANATION
Section I
Name, age, gender, etc. Most of this is pretty straight forward. Image isn't necessary, but ideal. The Code Name is a second name that the character is / will be known by, such as Natsu being referred to as "Salamander". Spirit Inheritence refers to which of the Celestial Spirits the character has received magic from. Those of the Zodiac are limited to one per character, and the choice will have very little affect on your characters for a while. A spoiler free overview of these spirits can be found here.

The choices are as follows (bold denotes a Zodiac):
Aquarius | Taurus | Cancer | Virgo | Sagittarius | Leo | Aries | Scorpio | Gemini | Pisces | Libra
Crux | Holorogium | Lyra | Nikora | Caelum | Pyxis

Sections II - IV
Appearance and personality are also pretty straightforward, though I did include a "comedic gimmick" slot for any particular... quirks your character might have. It's pretty much a requirement for characters in the series to be a little nuts! The Likes/ Dislikes are just there to help give us a more in-depth look at your characters mind. There's no required number.

Sections V - VI
The Magic Overview is so you can write a blurb about your character's magic, be it the type, how it's used, what it's effective against, etc. Keep in mind I will be watching how much magic your character is using in the RP, since characters can easily get exhausted by using too much. The named attacks section is for any special techniques your character may have thought up.

Section VII
This section won't be used quite yet, but it'll be later used to keep notes on your characters relations with others.

History
Remember to PM me some notes regarding your character's past. Keep in mind that your character is not a member of Celestial Spire, yet. They may be part of another guild, or not even involved in adventure to begin with. It's up to you.

CAST
Keep in mind that while there are theoretically a lot of slots with all of the Celestial Spirits, some of them may be used for characters introduced later. I'm honestly not expecting to get that many applicants for this RP, either.

I will keep this section of the post updated with characters as they are introduced.

Origins Arc
Master Anacra (NPC)
Graive Celiste (parallelzero) Leo
Airi Elinweisse (parallelzero) Lyra
Amell Vanderbilt (Retro Bug) Caelum
Neolane Aeolila (CarefulWetPaint) Aquarius
Ed St. Cloud (First Snow) Scorpio

SKY GOD SLAYER: CHELIA BLENDY
twitter + raptr + myanimelist + tumblr

Last edited by parallelzero; July 11th, 2012 at 06:35 AM.
Old July 4th, 2012, 04:03 AM
Magic

How many people are you taking? I'd like to reserve a space.

(Should I reserve a particular spirit inheritance, if I have one in mind already?)
Old July 4th, 2012, 04:06 AM
parallelzero
chelia.blendy

I'll probably take a few. Like I said, I'm not expecting a very big turnout. If I get more than that, I'll choose based on quality. I'd let me know the inheritance you have in mind, if only because I've got to think about my character/s.

Old July 4th, 2012, 01:56 PM
parallelzero
chelia.blendy

There seems to be a bit of confusion on how the magic is going to work. Your character will have their own, unique magic, not magic based on the spirit. Essentially the inheritance is for an increased magical potential which won't actually come into play until later. When picking a spirit, I'd honestly just pick one you like.

Old July 4th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Subsonic
Safe in My Hands

Oh okay, thanks for the clarification. I had this idea for yarn/string magic, but then realized the inheritance thing. I'll reserve too I guess? Oh and is the like and dislike section really needed?

Credit: Allstate + Eli Lieb

Last edited by Subsonic; July 4th, 2012 at 02:24 PM.
Old July 4th, 2012, 02:20 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Id like to reserve a spot please.
So the spirit we inherit from doesn't really effect our magic at all the start..?
Old July 4th, 2012, 05:40 PM
parallelzero
chelia.blendy

If it's easier for anyone, I've laid the code for the signup bare in the spoiler below for easy copying. And right, it won't have any influence for a while.

Spoiler:
HTML Code:
[CENTER]
[B]I.[/B]
Name :::: Code Name
Age | ♂ or ♀ | Occupation
Spirit Inheritance -/- Name of Magic

[B]II. --} APPEARANCE[/B]

[B]III. --} GENERAL PERSONALITY[/B][LIST][*]comedic gimmick[/LIST]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Etiam eu leo vitae urna congue fringilla eget sit amet urna. Cras sed massa ac arcu ultricies blandit eget sed dui. Vivamus aliquam sem eu sapien mattis ultrices. Suspendisse ut congue lectus. Nullam rhoncus ultrices nibh, at pharetra risus eleifend in. Proin rutrum vestibulum ante, non placerat velit consectetur ac. Mauris at neque vel nulla feugiat congue ac nec elit. Proin adipiscing, diam at aliquam fermentum, nulla massa elementum enim, sed ultrices erat augue a odio. Pellentesque ante sapien, condimentum non mollis ut, adipiscing ut lectus. Sed id enim vel mauris adipiscing viverra at eget urna. Mauris a sapien in lorem consectetur dapibus id in felis. In leo neque, venenatis eget euismod non, consequat at justo. Curabitur lorem erat, auctor sed vulputate sed, commodo sed ligula. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Integer convallis nulla et nunc commodo vitae auctor odio fermentum.

[B]IV. --} LIKES & DISLIKES[/B][LIST][*]like | dislike[*]like | dislike[*]like | dislike[*]like | dislike[*]like | dislike[*]like | dislike[*]like | dislike[*]like | dislike[*]like | dislike[*]like | dislike[/LIST]

[B]V. --} MAGIC OVERVIEW[/B]
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nunc cursus laoreet velit, quis ullamcorper nulla commodo ut. Aliquam feugiat commodo urna eget sollicitudin. Nulla porta gravida turpis id dictum. Morbi a condimentum tortor. Aenean elementum sapien eu justo egestas sed mattis quam cursus. Duis eu nulla eu tellus iaculis dictum. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Mauris lorem quam, ornare in condimentum vel, iaculis a diam. 

[B]VI. --} NAMED ATTACKS[/B][LIST=1][*]attack name - brief description[*]attack name - brief description[*]attack name - brief description[/LIST]
[B]VII. --} CHARACTER RELATIONSHIPS[/B]
[/CENTER]

Old July 4th, 2012, 08:44 PM
parallelzero
chelia.blendy

Thought I'd throw these up so you guys have examples to go off of. Graive's profile has barely been touched, but the only thing missing in Airi's is the appearance. So, if you need an idea as to what profiles should look like...

I.

Graive Celiste :::: Metalhead
eighteen | | courier
Leo -/- Takeover: Armor King Magic

Spoiler:
II. --} APPEARANCE
tadaa
Standing at 5'11", Graive is a relatively tall youth with a thin body type that is toned with muscles, implying that he works out regularly. His medium, sandy blond hair is almost always wrapped behind a black headband that ties at the back, and the length of the band can reach as far as the centre of his back, even when tied. He wears a complex kimono, with a white top and navy blue bottom, with thick rope tied around his neck and waste. A red ribbon fastens his kimono at the front, although the outfit hangs off of his form rather loosely overall. His shoes consist of a pair of navy blue boots as well. His sleeves go well past his wrists, which makes it hard to see his hands every so often.

• Unnatural fear of water
As eccentric as can be, Graive is the type of individual that likes to live life to the fullest. His motto is "every experience is a valuable one", so there are very few events in his past that he appears to regret. As a courier that delivers mail all over the nation of Fiore, it means enduring all sorts of both weather and human related hardships, which works well with his otherwise optimistic personality. A handy individual, he actually has a knack for the mechanical and technological, able to fix anything from a magic-powered vehicle to magic-powered databases if required. Naturally, this comes in handy when traveling the nation on a personal, magic-powered airplane, and the traveling experience has given him a rather worldly persona, since he seems to know random facts about every location in Fiore. He's a little more bias towards women than men, too, a trait he inherited from his father. "Women should always be treated kindly" or some gibberish like that.

That isn't to say he's perfect. Being an honorable person, Graive is quick to anger when his own reputation, or the reputation of his friends are on the line. He doesn't take insults kindly, though he's quick to do the same to those that insult him first. He also has an irrational fear of water that seems to stem from some sort of trauma in the past. He uses magic to clean himself as opposed to bathing, and he'll have a freak-out if he's even hit by a droplet of rain. As you can imagine, a long-lasting rainstorm will often ground him for days to even weeks, delaying important deliveries. The root of this fear is unknown to everyone but himself, but there must be a deep scar associated with water to create such a loathing.

IV. --} LIKES & DISLIKES
  • dry things | wet things
  • mechanics | nature
  • girls | guys
  • fruits | vegetables
  • flying | walking
  • fighting | debating

V. --} MAGIC OVERVIEW
Graive's magic is an odd spin on the Take Over spell variations, allowing him to alter his form into that of a gigantic, mecha-shaped magic weapon. He most frequently uses the magic for transportation, using the thrusters in the case his plane breaks down. As of now, there are only two recorded mages capable of using this magic, and the details behind it's use are kind of scarce.

VI. --} NAMED ATTACKS
  1. Take Over: Armor Blade - The user's right arm is replaced by the gigantic, sword wielding arm of the Armor King.
  2. Take Over: Armor Gun - The user's left arm is replaced by the gigantic gun arm of the Armor King - requires a significant amount of magic power to fire.
  3. Take Over: Armor Soul - The user's entire body becomes that of the Armor King - a giant, robot like magic weapon. The design for Armor King is something similar to this.

I.

Airi Elinweisse :::: Aphasiac
sixteen | ♀ | member of blue pegasus
Lyra -/- Tendril Summoning Magic

Spoiler:
II. --} APPEARANCE
Questing Costume
Casual Attire

Not very tall of a girl, Airi stands at only 5'4" when she stands completely upright, her body thin without the presence of any apparent muscle. Her rather large eyes are a pale-purple in colour, and her aqua hair is shoulder-length and often tied into two tails on the sides since she isn't creative enough to really try anything else. As the tendrils that erupt from Airi's body have a tendency of shredding her clothes, when she knows she'll be making use of her powers, she wears her questing costume. Unfortunately, though, even that gets shredded up sometimes. A good amount of the money she spends on quests usually goes towards tailoring her outfits anew. Her questing costume is fairly barebones as a result, with a pleated, layered skirt that is black on the top and white on the bottom, and grey thigh highs that have thin, black vertical lines running down them. Her shoes, brown and old fashioned, as worn from continuous use, and the heels add less than an inch of height to her tiny body. Her stomach is completely exposed, since that's the area that most often gets destroyed by her magic, and a small, white top wraps around her chest, buttoned on with two black buttons at the front. To make up for this exposure, there's also a small cape that reached the bottom of her back and can wrap around her front if need be, with two red bows near the shoulders. Her ensemble is completed with a dark, witch-like hat with a red band wrapping around the base, and a skull ornament fastened on the right side.

• writing errors with light pen
Known as Blue Pegasus' "Aphasiac", the girl who never appears to speak, Airi chooses to express herself in other ways due to the complications of her magic type. In order to converse with others, she has taken to the use of a light pen, which allows her to write and draw in the air before her. It's a little tricky since, she has to write everything backwards for others to read, but she can do so with a surprising speed and accuracy. However, on occasion she ends up making a typographical error, or words things a little oddly, or forget she can't express sarcasm properly while written, and becomes a laughing stock as a result.

A gentle girl by nature who's easy to fluster, she has a hard time dealing with rowdy people since she lacks the ability to settle them down normally. As a result, any annoyances she has have a tendency of building up within her until she finally snaps and yells, usually sicking a set of dangerous tendrils on the perpetrators accidentally. Generally, though, she appears to seem fairly content with her lifestyle, and does her best to help others when she has a chance.

For the most part, her happiness is a facade. Due to the unpredictability of her power and the fact that she doesn't speak, other members of her guild have the tendency to avoid her. With no notable friends to speak of, she often completes quests on her own, and has only known the warmth of true kindness on a few occasions. This aside, she holds a darkness within her - memories of events passed that haunt her constantly. The darkness has left her somewhat scarred, and with nobody to share her thoughts with, things don't appear to be improving anytime soon. Trust issues aside, it's obvious she was involved in something awful once upon a time.

IV. --} LIKES & DISLIKES
  • quiet | rowdy people
  • sweets | bitter food
  • darkness | mornings
  • baths | filth
  • games | fighting

V. --} MAGIC OVERVIEW
Airi's Tendril Summoning Magic is an extremely powerful technique that allows her to bring into existence and control a number (an upwards of ten) of tendrils made of dark magic that can erupt painlessly from her body with nothing but her voice. Both offensive and defensive, these tendrils can alter their size, length, and shape according to what Airi commands (can extend up to fifty feet, currently), and they can move extremely fast, as well as helping her to become more mobile. It's a mystery as to where these tendrils come from, though it has been proposed that it's actually a Take Over of some sort of undocumented monster (however Airi herself denies this theory).

The magic itself is actually extremely hard for it's user to control, as all it takes is an uttered word to bring forth the tendrils. If the wrong words are spoken by Airi, there is always the possibility that they could attack allies or perform other unwanted tasks. As a result, Airi very rarely talks in order to retain her human form, choosing to write in the air with a light pen to communicate. Since the tendrils are essentially a part of her body, any pain they accumulate is transferred to her directly, making pain endurance essential if she wishes to use them to shield her physical body from attacks.

VI. --} NAMED ATTACKS
  1. Tendrils: Impale - The tendrils become extremely sharp, and are launched at the enemy with the intention of stabbing through it.
  2. Tendrils: Shield - The tendrils interlock between Airi and an incoming attack, absorbing any damage (while transferring the pain to their user).
  3. Tendrils: Erupt - The tendrils dig into the ground and shoot up beneath their target, either ensnaring or impaling the unfortunate being.

Last edited by parallelzero; July 11th, 2012 at 07:36 AM.
Old July 4th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Subsonic
Safe in My Hands

If I can get on the internet tomorrow, then my SU will be up tomorrow. If I can't then it'll be up whenever I can actually get on. T^T

Old July 5th, 2012, 01:27 AM
Vintage Arachnid
im always watchin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Vintage Arachnid
It's been so long since I've RPed, I hope this is acceptable.

Should I wait for your approval/disapproval before sending my history?

Spoiler:

I.
Amell Vanderbilt :::: Vasa
seventeen | ♂ | volunteer
Caelum -/- Soul Rage

II. --} APPEARANCE

As most teenagers his age Amell is one lanky individual that can never find clothes to properly fit him. He wears an oversized, wrinkled, worn-out hoodie jacket which he hasn't taken off since he has gotten it. (Well, for things like showering, swimming, he does.) The colors have all faded causing the jacket to look quite dull. Once it had been a fiery red color with horizontal white stripes that varied in sizes every other stripe. The sleeves have a variety of bite marks up and down it as if a mouse chewed on it. This mouse would be Amell as when he is nervous he is known to chew on the end of his sleeves. There had been strings in his jacket but those had disappeared long ago. A washed out, black t-shirt is seen poking out from underneath the hoodie. His jeans seem to fit into a similar mold to his hoodie as it too isn't in the best shape. Tattered in a few places from his quests that take him all over the place. If one stared at them, his jeans, they would noticed several spell incantations written with a heavy hand in marker. To finish off this assemble comes the only thing Amell cares for, his boots. Tan in color, and about a size 14, these boots are his proud and joy he never leaves without them, in fact he never takes them off. They don't seem to have a speck of grim on them unlike the rest of his clothing.

Coming in at a whooping 150 lbs/68.03 kg and being 6'2"/187.96 cm in height doesn't always work to his advantage. This disadvantage causes his opponents to laugh when facing him because he doesn't have a menacing look to him. His tanned skin would be Amell's favorite thing about himself, he says it reminds him of caramel which happens to be his favorite candy. His least favorite would be his hair which is why he doesn't have any, he always leaves shaves it off. Two endearing, green eyes were blessed upon Amell, they give an innocent look to him which can work in his favor. Along with his bright smile there's almost no one he can't persuade into doing something for him.

• tends to talk to himself as if he is a entirely different person without realizing it.

Amell is not the most "normal" kid on the block/guild and thus he is rarely seen connecting with any members. His talkative nature tends to annoy even the calmest people and cost him friendships in general. Not that he would even notice as he is usually too busy bickering with himself. Conversations that start with him and another person more than often end with him and himself, arguing nonetheless. Amell increasing gets louder, angrier, and more disturbed the longer he carries on. The only way to "calm" him down is by simply placing your hand on his shoulder, it seems to center him. People are always wary to get close emotionally and physically with him but once they do most of them are hooked. Infectious with his chattiness, it seems he could make the mute speak.

During quest Amell would rather work with teammates than work alone. He is more of a follower than a leader as responsibility over others tends to scare him. His teammates would not hesitate to declare how loyal he is despite his oddball nature. Amell sees his life as nothing much than something to be thrown away and because of this is often seen rushing into battle without warning. He leaves all the strategizing and scheming up to the other members on the team as if his input means very little. Amell knows that sooner or later his Soul Rage spells will take drain his life force eventually leaving him a vegetable. With this he figures it's better for him to sacrifice his life sooner than become a motionless body.

As a volunteer he travels to different guilds and completes quest without having to be tied down by them. Preferring to not be settled in one place for long, Amell gathered this was the only reasonable occupation for himself. Though if he had to pick a guild he knows deep down that it would have to choose Sabertooth.

IV. --} LIKES & DISLIKES
  • interaction | silence
  • flowers | dead/wilted nature
  • dairy products | vegetables
  • money | coins
  • forests | open meadows

V. --} MAGIC OVERVIEW

Soul Rage is the ability to separate ones soul from their body. It is a technique that can do more harm than good if one has not had the proper training. The user of the magic/spell leaves their physical form and becomes an intangible being. Their physical form collapses which leaves it completely vulnerable to anything that comes across its path. The soul is much stronger, faster, and better overall than the physical body that it inhabits. It is more offensive than defensive as the speed boost enables the user to attack an opponent multiple times before they can react. When making physical attacks the soul itself also becomes tangible and in that moment is open to any attack. As for its defensive capabilities there is only one that is handy and that's the Soul Barrier. Often used for team combat, as the user spreads its soul over a physical form and absorbs all damage done to it.

Using this magic is very taxing to the individual, some are known to not wake up for days after exerting themselves. Death is more common than injury among Soul Rage users. Time is a key component in utilizing this technique as using too much will cause internal injuries to their physical forms (ex: rupture organs, heart attacks, crack bones), and too little, well, it's just not possible to return to your body without at least fifteen minutes passing by. It is said that the soul takes on a more crazed personality or an entirely new one all together. It is also known when the soul returns to physical body it causes the mind to go insane a little at a time.

VI. --} NAMED ATTACKS
  1. Soul: Barrage - The soul zooms in with incredible speed and tries to land several physical attacks (punches, kicks, bites).
  2. Soul: Barrier - The soul is able to cover a physical form and take the damage from an attack that they normally would've. The physical form it covers feels absolutely nothing, almost as if it wasn't there.
  3. Soul: Drain - Attaching itself to the opponent the soul is able to steal energy from its opponent replenishing any strength or recovering from any sustained injuries.

THE EXTREMELY JEALOUS PAIR OF CAREFULWETPAINT
Old July 5th, 2012, 01:54 AM
parallelzero
chelia.blendy

Hmm... good question. You look okay though, so go ahead and send it to me.

Old July 5th, 2012, 05:22 AM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Ill do my su tomorrow but can I chose my spirit now? If so could I please have either Aquarius or Taurus? Preferably Aquarius?
Also what will the pace of the rp be?
Old July 5th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Subsonic
Safe in My Hands

Well here's my SU. I want the okay first before I send my history. If you don't like it, I can completely revamp the SU. I have a couple of other possible characters in mind, but this character seemed to want to come out of my brain the most.

Spoiler:

[CENTER]
I.
Ed St. Cloud :::: The Butler
18 | ♂ | Occupation
Scorpio (Because I find him sexy. XD) -/- Yarn Make Magic

II. --} APPEARANCE
Ed doesn’t own any casual clothes as most of the time he is tending to the needs of the family he is owned by. He wears a white dress shirt under a black tail coat. Like most butlers of rich households he wears a bowtie around his neck. He has black dress pants and nice black tacky shoes that clip and clap along tile floors. The chain of a stopwatch shows itself from the pants pocket and like most stereotypical butlers he has a handkerchief in his breast pocket and wears white gloves. He looks older than eighteen because there is a small bifocal on the bridge of his nose.

He has cropped blond hair and greys eyes. His face is a bit hollowed and his nose is a bit fat. His ears are slightly pointed at the top end and people often remark that his ears make him look elf like. Ed is about five foot two, a bit on the short side. Most butlers tower over their master in height, but unlike them, Ed is much shorter compared to his master. His arms are quite long, but he has great dexterity with his fingers.

• He tends to appear out of nowhere and can disappear in a flash. He takes great enjoyment seeing the shocked and scared look on people’s faces when he just appears out of nowhere. When people tell him to stop doing that he smiles and says: “Of course I will,” but really he lies.

Ed cares much for the family that took him in and raised him to be a butler and eventually a bodyguard. He credits them for saving him from being used as a horribly treated slave and being auctioned off. Because of this, Ed is very loyal to them and will go as far as kill himself it it meant that they would be safe.

He is a worrywart when it comes to those he cares about. Ed is so much of a worrywart he tends to hyperventilate just worrying over them. Many of the butlers find it hilarious that he is so worried because Ed is the youngest out of them and that the situation should be reversed.

The butlers and maids tease Ed constantly. It’s mostly because he is so teasable. He acts young for his age as he asks a lot of questions. His eyes seem to sparkle for some odd reason. The butlers and maids enjoy teasing him because apparently he makes weird faces when they do. Besides his child like and talkative attitude with the other butlers, maids, and the heir to the Jameson fortune, when he is on the job he usually is more professional and has a light smile plastered on his face.

Ed doesn’t understand the appeal for big busted women and their curves. While others would blush, make wolf whistles, and have blood streaming down their nostrils, Ed finds them completely uninteresting. But then again, a gay man would never understand the appeals of a woman like a straight man could. He will stutter and blush while talking to someone he finds really attractive and can become a little clumsy as well. Unfortunately, these men know that Ed is attracted to them when they talk because of all the blushing, stuttering, and rare bouts of clumsiness.

If there is one thing Ed hates in the world, it would be people who abandon or sell their children. This hate formed from the hatred of his parents who had sold him to the black market just to get out of poverty. If he ever sees them again, Ed would mostly maim them, to the point where they might actually die
If it wasn’t obvious enough, then let me say it. Ed can hold grudges. He will remember every single name and face to those who have royally angered him. This started with his parents and the list just grew and grew (especially being a bodyguard.). He won’t forget why he holds a grudge on someone and can give a very detailed account on it. Most butlers and maids find this utterly scary and try their best not to anger to the point where he may hate them. The Jameson family, however; finds this very useful for a bodyguard to have.

IV. --} LIKES & DISLIKES
  • Knitting | Swords
  • Jameson family | Enemies of the Jameson family
  • Men (Sexually and Romantically)| Women (Sexually and Romantically)
  • food | fish
  • friends | bullies
  • parents who take care of their children | parents who abuse, neglect, or sell their children
  • Allies of the Jameson family | threats to the Jameson's family safety

V. --} MAGIC OVERVIEW
Yarn make magic is another type of molding magic that utilizes the use of yarn to create things of the user’s desire. Ed utilizes this magic through the use of two knitting needles and yarn created by his magic. Ed is able to create anything he wants and the only limit at the moment is his imagination. However, with every type of magic there comes a couple of weakness. One would be fire mages. The yarn creations he makes are ridiculously weak to fire and are flammable. Just set fire to his creations and your victory is pretty much won. Another weakness is Ed’s inability to use his yarn make magic without his needles.

VI. --} NAMED ATTACKS
1. Yarn Make: Yarn Dragon – A long, animated, snake like dragon made from yarn. It doesn’t breathe fire or anything as it will most likely ram or bite its enemies. Ed can make it as long as it wants and can even extend it once it is already made as well. This is Ed’s primary long ranged offensive attack. If Ed loses his needles while using this move, the dragon will go completely out of control and will destroy almost anything it can reach. The only way to stop the yarn creature’s rampage is to somehow get Ed to get a hold of his needles.
2. Yarn Make: Yarn Spear – A spear made from Ed’s yarn make. This is Ed’s primary weapon when fighting close range and is highly proficient at it as well. Like all of his yarn creations it’ll be useless once it touches fire, however, it won’t lose its shape if Ed loses his needles as it is not dependent on the needle to keep its form. However, if Ed loses his needles, he won’t be able to make another yarn spear.
3. Yarn Make: Yarn Shield – A giant knight shield made from yarn. This shield can defend against most type of magic and offensive attacks. However, once it’s torched the shield will fall apart. The shield isn’t dependent on the needles to keep its form, so if Ed loses his needles and yarn he will still have his shield, however, once the shield is gone, he can’t make another without his needles.

Last edited by Subsonic; July 7th, 2012 at 08:11 PM.
Old July 5th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Rokusasu
Scientist Salarian

Nature: Quirky
I'm very interested in this, but won't be able to complete a SU until at least Sunday (no internet for two days/ nights, and not enough time before I have to go to bed to finish it to a decent standard). Is this okay?

Old July 5th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

I'm expressing my interest in this too. :3

I'll have my SU here soon~!

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old July 5th, 2012, 04:30 PM
The Last Sentinel
Beginning Tracker
Community Supporter

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to The Last Sentinel
Same with me!

I'll have it up soon hopefully.
Old July 5th, 2012, 04:43 PM
parallelzero
chelia.blendy

Realistically if I start it before Sunday, by the time my next post goes up you'll have had time to apply. This is getting more interest than I thought though. If I get too many applications, I might have to sort them by quality and select the best ones. @.@

Old July 5th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Subsonic
Safe in My Hands

^I thought it would be more popular. A lot of people like Fairy Tail.

Old July 5th, 2012, 06:11 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Here's my SU, I hope its good enough as I havent really done this before. If something needs to be changed or more added just say and I'll do my best to make it better.

Spoiler:

I.
Neolane Aeolila :::: Mist
19 | ♂ | Swimming Instructor
Aquarius -/- Steam

II. --} APPEARANCE
Fashion sense is something that Neolane doesn’t have or care for. He basically lives in a pair of grey board shorts that have two dark purple stripes near the top which is black. Being a coastal person he wears singlets most the time with his favourite being a light gray one that has a fire prohibited sign printed on the front of it. When winter rolls in he has a dark purple jacket that he wears. It is zip up with a flap that comes across from the left and buttons up on top close to the right shoulder. The jacket also has a fur hood he rarely using and gets frustrated by. Being o coastal person he rarely wears covered shoes, living in thongs (flip flops) or sandals most the year.

Being a swimming instructor he has a well-defined body. He stands at 6’1” and weighs in at 79.5kg/175 lbs. Being fairly happy with his body and fitness level he carries himself with pride and has good posture, which makes him look larger than he really is. His hair is fairly short and dark brown with a slight tint of blond at the tips from the time spent in the sun that spikes up slightly at the front. He also has a fair tan from the massive amount of time he spends in the sun while he teaches people how to swim. Neolane’s favourite attribute is his vivid blue eyes that have wonderful streaks of light grey/white dancing around the iris like lightning bolts. He also takes great pride in his smile and teeth which he cares for dearly.

• Zones out in situations in which he should be giving his whole attention to.

Neolane has a fairly laid back personality which lends people to believe he is lazy and doesn’t listen to people when they talk to him. Being laid back also usually gets him stuck in long conversation with strangers that are pointless as he enjoys conversing with people he hasn’t meet before and is too polite to end a conversation because it is going too long.

Neolane is also a strategist who likes thinking things through instead of just charging in guns blazing. Though he only looks for the most efficient way to achieve the goal, which can end up with a trail of destruction if he believes it’d be the best way to get the job done. This contradicts how laid back he is and shocks most people who see this side of him.

Neolane is a very caring person, especially with children and hates seeing people sad. Sometimes he can take this too far, coming across as an overprotective parent in an effort to stop the people around him from being hurt or saddened. This can also lead to him pushing people away from him if he thinks his presence would bring harm to them.

Working as a team is something Neolane likes to avoid as he doesn’t want to be the reason a teammate is hurt or killed if he fails his part of the mission. Because of this he prefers to work alone so if anything goes wrong he will be the only one that will have the consequences of the failure and no one else will be at risk.

IV. --} LIKES & DISLIKES
  • Fit/Active People | Unfit/Lazy People
  • Tropical weather | Desert weather
  • Purple | Chocolate Brown
  • Rain | Fire
  • Being able to see the sky | Being in deep caves/places where he can’t see the sky
  • Calm and relaxing environments| Chaotic and stressful environments

V. --} MAGIC OVERVIEW
Neolane has the ability to use steam magic. Steam magic is magic that uses water/water vapour in the air to create steam. The process of making the steam can also create explosion as people who can use steam have the ability to split the water molecules. Being able to control the steam and its movement to create shields or move objects. The steam created is very hot so can scorch things on contact, even the user, making it a physically dangerous magic to both the user and enemy.

The main downfall of steam magic is its power is determined by the amount of water that the user has access too. It is at its strongest in high humidity or near large expanses of water but leaves the user almost defensive less if there is no water in the air or surrounding them.

VI. --} NAMED ATTACKS
  1. Steam: Burst – the water molecules are split with the click of fingers creating explosions in desired locations (though it’s not very precise).
  2. Steam: Push – a blast of steam is created which can be launched to push things back/around
  3. Steam: Shield – A bubble of steam is created around the user to provide limited protection against attacks

Last edited by CarefulWetPaint; July 6th, 2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old July 5th, 2012, 11:43 PM
parallelzero
chelia.blendy

So I'll be keeping the CAST section of the first post updated with characters that have been accepted. To make the list, I need to approve both your sign-up and your history. If you've made the sign-up already, feel free to PM me their history if you've yet to.

I updated Airi's profile with pictures of her appearances, and will describe them sometime this weekend (likely when I finish with Graives's signup).

Old July 6th, 2012, 12:44 AM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

I pm'd you my characters history/ history outline.

Also I have a question about your images, do you draw up your characters images yourself or get them from somewhere?
Old July 6th, 2012, 09:05 AM
parallelzero
chelia.blendy

On occasion I'll draw my own, but I'm practicing so I tend to use images from image boards like I did with Airi. If you search "original" on sites like http://www.safebooru.org, you'll get a good number of potential artwork.

Old July 8th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Rokusasu
Scientist Salarian

Currently under construction
Spoiler:
I.

Nia Tawdry :::: Goliath
19 | ♀ | Waitress
Virgo -/- Augment Magic

II. --} APPEARANCE
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Etiam eu leo vitae urna congue fringilla eget sit amet urna. Cras sed massa ac arcu ultricies blandit eget sed dui. Vivamus aliquam sem eu sapien mattis ultrices. Suspendisse ut congue lectus. Nullam rhoncus ultrices nibh, at pharetra risus eleifend in. Proin rutrum vestibulum ante, non placerat velit consectetur ac. Mauris at neque vel nulla feugiat congue ac nec elit. Proin adipiscing, diam at aliquam fermentum, nulla massa elementum enim, sed ultrices erat augue a odio. Pellentesque ante sapien, condimentum non mollis ut, adipiscing ut lectus. Sed id enim vel mauris adipiscing viverra at eget urna. Mauris a sapien in lorem consectetur dapibus id in felis. In leo neque, venenatis eget euismod non, consequat at justo. Curabitur lorem erat, auctor sed vulputate sed, commodo sed ligula. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Integer convallis nulla et nunc commodo vitae auctor odio fermentum. Duis molestie massa vel ligula sagittis pulvinar. Donec vestibulum, eros at venenatis fringilla, dui neque consectetur urna, vel luctus enim risus at nulla. Vivamus elementum pulvinar neque, ac molestie sapien accumsan pellentesque. Phasellus non mauris ipsum, eu malesuada erat. Proin pulvinar erat at eros interdum convallis. Sed mi neque, feugiat et pharetra sed, convallis eget sem. Donec libero erat, semper iaculis dictum vitae, sodales eget lacus. Phasellus justo mi, faucibus ut molestie sagittis, eleifend ac quam. In ut ornare eros. Aenean laoreet dignissim porttitor. Vestibulum tortor neque, feugiat eu vulputate id, euismod quis arcu. Vestibulum sed pulvinar magna.

• Highly insecure about her chest, or lack thereof
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Etiam eu leo vitae urna congue fringilla eget sit amet urna. Cras sed massa ac arcu ultricies blandit eget sed dui. Vivamus aliquam sem eu sapien mattis ultrices. Suspendisse ut congue lectus. Nullam rhoncus ultrices nibh, at pharetra risus eleifend in. Proin rutrum vestibulum ante, non placerat velit consectetur ac. Mauris at neque vel nulla feugiat congue ac nec elit. Proin adipiscing, diam at aliquam fermentum, nulla massa elementum enim, sed ultrices erat augue a odio. Pellentesque ante sapien, condimentum non mollis ut, adipiscing ut lectus. Sed id enim vel mauris adipiscing viverra at eget urna. Mauris a sapien in lorem consectetur dapibus id in felis. In leo neque, venenatis eget euismod non, consequat at justo. Curabitur lorem erat, auctor sed vulputate sed, commodo sed ligula. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Integer convallis nulla et nunc commodo vitae auctor odio fermentum. Duis molestie massa vel ligula sagittis pulvinar. Donec vestibulum, eros at venenatis fringilla, dui neque consectetur urna, vel luctus enim risus at nulla. Vivamus elementum pulvinar neque, ac molestie sapien accumsan pellentesque. Phasellus non mauris ipsum, eu malesuada erat. Proin pulvinar erat at eros interdum convallis. Sed mi neque, feugiat et pharetra sed, convallis eget sem. Donec libero erat, semper iaculis dictum vitae, sodales eget lacus. Phasellus justo mi, faucibus ut molestie sagittis, eleifend ac quam. In ut ornare eros. Aenean laoreet dignissim porttitor. Vestibulum tortor neque, feugiat eu vulputate id, euismod quis arcu. Vestibulum sed pulvinar magna.

IV. --} LIKES & DISLIKES
  • like | dislike
  • like | dislike
  • like | dislike
  • like | dislike
  • like | dislike
  • like | dislike
  • like | dislike
  • like | dislike
  • like | dislike
  • like | dislike
V. --} MAGIC OVERVIEW

VI. --} NAMED ATTACKS
  1. Augment: - brief description
  2. Augment: - brief description
  3. Augment: - brief description
VII. --} CHARACTER RELATIONSHIPS ->to be updated at the end of each arc; leave blank for now

Last edited by Rokusasu; July 9th, 2012 at 07:55 AM.
Old July 8th, 2012, 03:20 PM
The Last Sentinel
Beginning Tracker
Community Supporter

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to The Last Sentinel
Here's the bare bones of my SU. I'll try and finish it soon!

Done!

Spoiler:

I.

Brius Aegle :::: Grimm
18 | ♂ | Member of Fairy Tail
Virgo -/- Steel Make

II. --} APPEARANCE

To begin, Brius stands at 6' and weighs nearly 145 lbs, giving him an athletic build. His pure-white hair is about medium in terms of length and tends to be quite messy most of the time. Typically, his bangs tend to cover his forehead, even to the point of getting in front of his eye. Brius' skin is quite pale in contrast to his taste of clothing. His eyes, or rather eye, is an icy-blue color.

On to clothing, Brius wears a type of demin-like pants, zippers going up the centers of both legs. He tends to wear a tight, black tank top in casual wear, but tends to switch between wearing it or not when on a quest. In the accessory department, Brius actually has quite a bit. First and foremost would probably be his eyepatch, a constant reminder of a little bit of bad luck in his history. Brius has a set of two, seemingly gauntlet-styled gloves. The left glove is both black and white and possesses a wide assortment of buckles on it as well as a white padded part on his elbow. His right however, is pure black and possesses the same padded part on the elbow. On this side, it also has a zipper running down it's length and a variety of chains around the wrist.

• Intellectual Hypocrite
Stubborn, strong-willed, short-tempered, and impulsive, Brius' personality is easily seen as complex. Outspoken and hot-headed to the extreme, Brius will never back down from a fight or challenge. He is always a person who will attempt to keep "cool" image, though he does say that he doesn't entirely care. This side of his personality is nearly always supported by his cold appearance, making him seem like one of the worst people in the world.

Brius is also someone who prides himself on his amount of knowledge, making him not like those who act stupid. The thing is, with the amount of knowledge he has, he easily gets things jumbled in his head, making him appear wrong with some things. Ultimately, this makes him look like a fool and even a hypocrite at times.

However, even with his abrasive demeanor, Brius is easily one to be empathetic and compassionate towards others, especially those he cares about. Because of this, he will tend to go to great lengths to help his friends, even to the point of risking his own life to protect them. He also despises those who mistreat their own allies. To Brius, this is the worst thing someone can do as allies are only there to help and support you. This is likely his worst downfall as he will almost always trust his allies, even if they're out to do harm to him (unless he knows it of course).

On the case of fighting, Brius has a, different, sense of honor. Of course, he always wants to win fights without any gimmicks and in a legitamate way. While he likes teamwork, he will never go in a group against one person. Brius also happens to have a small thing for revenge, though merely as a means to right what an enemy has done wrong.

IV. --} LIKES & DISLIKES

• Intellect | Idiocy
  • Friendship/allies | Enemies
  • Teamwork | Solidarity
  • Heights | Underground
  • meat | vegetables
V. --} MAGIC OVERVIEW

Steel-Make magic is a form of molding magic utilizing different types of steel made from the user's magic. From there on, the steel can be manipulated in nearly any way the user knows how. Typically, the only weaknesses the magic possesses is extremely high heat and pressure. If the enemy were to own both of these powers, then the user's creations could be manipulated and leave his powers nearly useless.

VI. --} NAMED ATTACKS
  1. Steel-Make: Weapon(Sword or Scythe) - The user manifests a weapon, a sword or scythe in Brius' case. The steel is typically made to be light-weight, yet still effective in battle.
  2. Steel-Make: Bullet - The user manifest a single, or even multiple, bullet(s) that can be used for short to long range combat. While creating the bullets is fairly easy, firing them swiftly enough can cost the user greatly in terms of magic power.
  3. Steel-Make: Encompass - The user surrounds his/her body with a workable, yet strong steel. This is used both offensively, as it can physically heighten the power of a punch or kick, and defensively, as it also heightens defense. The downfall is the fact that the user must first manifest enough steel to manipulate, which can obviously take some time due to the amount needed.

Last edited by The Last Sentinel; July 17th, 2012 at 09:13 PM.
Old July 11th, 2012, 06:37 AM
parallelzero
chelia.blendy

Just a post to check on the people who haven't quite finished their signups. Do you guys have a guesstimate on how long it will take, since I was hoping to start the RP tomorrow.

My characters are done now. Lastly, the first post has been updated with the accepted cast again.

Last edited by parallelzero; July 11th, 2012 at 07:37 AM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here