The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 30th, 2012, 04:10 AM
laurenbennxo
Beginning Trainer

How do you change the controls?
Old June 30th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Blazing Flare
Burning brightly

Nature: Mild
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenbennxo View Post
At first glance I'd say the default controls cannot be changed, although the level of interface customization in this hack is not something commonly seen and that alone is a big plus.

I'd like to ask the author what the EV mechanic is in this hack.
Does it follow the Gen 5 mechanic (battle by battle processing) or the mechanic of the previous gen (long term processing)?

Last edited by Blazing Flare; June 30th, 2012 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 30th, 2012, 05:48 PM
vitorhugo0
Unhatched Egg

Though as I have stated before(I don't know if this is correct in all the other computers). The text is too bunched up. A normal sentence in the game is setup like "WelcomeTrainer.FancyaChallenge" And frankly it hurts my eyes and head just to read like that
Old July 1st, 2012, 07:14 AM
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarsha View Post
While the language barrier is understandable, most if not all of the phrasing could be improved. As Blazing Flare said, the often very literal translations make little to no sense to a native speaker. Using the example previously brought up "Its a novice" should be changed to, "Are you new here?" or "Are you a new trainer perhaps?". If you would like, I wouldn't mind helping with the issue. If not, I'll just note what I notice and suggest something that I feel is more correct considering the context.

Other than the language barrier; I can say that I am enjoying your work so far. Visually, its impressive. I've noticed no misplaced spacing, or oddly shaped areas. At some points the transition between tiles happens slowly or in some cases too quickly. Though that may just be my computer.

I wish you luck in your endeavor.

Ah, forgot to add,
The music is a wonderful touch... Super Mario Sunshine.. Delfino plaza for the beach if I remember correctly?
I really appreciate if you can help me with better sentenses.
And you are almost correct in music. Delfino Plaza for the Teleport Station.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyunJae View Post
I love this game!!!! Does anyone know how to get squirtle? I want mudkip so bad
Wild in Valley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidRollin View Post
Okay i've been searching all around how do i get a water stone? And the linkstone i think its called to evolve my kadabra.
Both can be found in Pokémon Market (Rank 9 required).

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitorhugo0 View Post
I've got a strange problem. Besides the text in English having a few issues itself(I may be Portuguese but I don't like playing in Portuguese) it appears all bunched together with no spaces or anything
Some people had this problem when using the DP font. Just try another font.
Side note: The menus, attacks, abilities and some other stuff are in english in both language options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokelegend11 View Post
This game looks great! I have one question. Is there like a plot or something you have to to do to complete a main storyline?
Yes, you can beat the game. And this happens before you reach in the last Rank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenbennxo View Post
F1. But this is limited and a little confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Flare View Post
I'd like to ask the author what the EV mechanic is in this hack.
Does it follow the Gen 5 mechanic (battle by battle processing) or the mechanic of the previous gen (long term processing)?
Yes! I even manually put the Power Items (like Power Bracer) effect. Latter in game there a way to see the exact EV and IV of your pokémon.
I don't understand your second question, but I guess that is the second option.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 12:09 PM
Scorpiopt

A Question:

Does it have or at least is planed pokemon having different forms? like Kuryem and Keldeo

Suggestion :
A thing that i see that portable games never had was the Crystall Onix and the Shadow Lugia

Last edited by Scorpiopt; July 3rd, 2012 at 07:23 PM.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 04:02 PM
KidRollin
Beginning Trainer

How do i get a motor drive to evolve my electabuzz i cant find it anywhere.
Old July 4th, 2012, 01:11 AM
Namorax
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitorhugo0 View Post
Though as I have stated before(I don't know if this is correct in all the other computers). The text is too bunched up. A normal sentence in the game is setup like "WelcomeTrainer.FancyaChallenge" And frankly it hurts my eyes and head just to read like that
If you're using the DP-Font, switch to another. It fixed that problem for me.

EDIT: And it was mentioned this is NOT a hack. It is made with RPGMaker XP (thats the name I think), so i dont think it is correct to call it a hack. Just call it a "fan-game".

Last edited by Namorax; July 4th, 2012 at 01:16 AM.
Old July 4th, 2012, 06:27 AM
nezlief
Beginning Trainer

can I change rotom here?

and where can I store my Items?
Old July 4th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Namorax
Beginning Trainer

On the northern side of the town is a house with a blue roof (the one in the north-western corner I believe). You can talk to the wardrobe in there (the thing next to the bookcase) and store your items in there.
Old July 5th, 2012, 04:34 PM
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpiopt View Post
A Question:

Does it have or at least is planed pokemon having different forms? like Kuryem and Keldeo

Suggestion :
A thing that i see that portable games never had was the Crystall Onix and the Shadow Lugia
Yes! You can have several pokémon with different forms like Shaymin, Basculin and Sawsbuck.

Unfortunately, this game hasn't any BW2 content (at least in version 1.1). But probably I will put on version 1.2.

About your sugestion: After some days that I release the game I have great ideas about these things.

Quote:
How do i get a motor drive to evolve my electabuzz i cant find it anywhere.
You can find Electirizer (Motor Drive is an Ability XD) in Wild Elekids (they have a 50% change to have it) or in Underground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlief View Post
can I change rotom here?

and where can I store my Items?
Yes! And Rotom forms have type changes like Gen V. To change it form, find the Depot Key.
Old July 5th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Scorpiopt

thanks for those answers so far i am enjoying it good work

Also there was a gen 4 ??? type arceus maybe you can bring it back on the game and give that type a proper name ( it takes neutral damage from all types)

Old July 6th, 2012, 06:46 PM
KidRollin
Beginning Trainer

Okay thanks for the answer no idea why I said motor drive lmao but as of yet no elekids have given me the item after atleast 3hrs+ of looking -____-

Last edited by KidRollin; July 6th, 2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old July 7th, 2012, 12:18 PM
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpiopt View Post
thanks for those answers so far i am enjoying it good work

Also there was a gen 4 ??? type arceus maybe you can bring it back on the game and give that type a proper name ( it takes neutral damage from all types)
Interesting idea, but I need to change several things to make this working.

Quote:
Okay thanks for the answer no idea why I said motor drive lmao but as of yet no elekids have given me the item after atleast 3hrs+ of looking -____-
Really sorry, I forgot to put the Elekid/Magby wild hold items in the 1.1b. I will upload a version with this fix in around one or two weeks.
Old July 11th, 2012, 11:54 AM
classiccartoonsftw
Nintendo is for awesome people

I've downloaded this game this afternoon, and I love it! However, I've discovered a bug while playing it. My Pokemon don't get healed after each Colosseum battle!

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=304577

Be sure to check the last page!

Credit for this sig goes to Ash`, credit for my avatar goes to The Epic Pikachu from Tumblr
Old July 12th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Gawerty
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by classiccartoonsftw View Post
I've downloaded this game this afternoon, and I love it! However, I've discovered a bug while playing it. My Pokemon don't get healed after each Colosseum battle!

I would think they wouldnt get healed after each battle to add to the challenge..?

Anyhow nice job on the game but could you maybe add a fastforward feature to make training easier..? Nice game with or without fastforward and i think the english and the mapping could improve but other than that, nice job, i am enjoying the game
Old July 12th, 2012, 01:14 PM
KidRollin
Beginning Trainer

I found a bug not sure if someone already brought this up but, if you try to buy a pokemon from the market with a full party the game crashes.
Old July 13th, 2012, 06:17 AM
classiccartoonsftw
Nintendo is for awesome people

Shouldn't this game have a place where you can store your items?

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=304577

Be sure to check the last page!

Credit for this sig goes to Ash`, credit for my avatar goes to The Epic Pikachu from Tumblr
Old July 13th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Nothingtodo
Unhatched Egg

I play the game now for two weeks and I'm lovin it
But I have a question, where can I find a Volbeat? I've never seen it, so I can't find it in the Pokédex-.-
Old July 15th, 2012, 05:31 AM
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Quote:
Your pokémon are healed just before and after all rounds, but not between rounds. There a little mistake in this description in game (fixed on 1.1c). Thank you for your report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgj View Post
Anyhow nice job on the game but could you maybe add a fastforward feature to make training easier..? Nice game with or without fastforward and i think the english and the mapping could improve but other than that, nice job, i am enjoying the game
The fastforward makes the game looks a little unnatural and isn't too necessary because I put several options to make the game can be more quick like reverse run (you normally run and when holding the run button you walk), quick battle start, quick hp bar up/down speed, etc...

Quote:
I found a bug not sure if someone already brought this up but, if you try to buy a pokemon from the market with a full party the game crashes.
Here is working. You can give me more information about this?

Quote:
Shouldn't this game have a place where you can store your items?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namorax View Post
On the northern side of the town is a house with a blue roof (the one in the north-western corner I believe). You can talk to the wardrobe in there (the thing next to the bookcase) and store your items in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothingtodo View Post
I play the game now for two weeks and I'm lovin it
But I have a question, where can I find a Volbeat? I've never seen it, so I can't find it in the Pokédex-.-
From a Illumise.
--------------------------------------------------------------
VERSION 1.1c WITH CORRECTED BUGS RELEASED!
Old July 15th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Nothingtodo
Unhatched Egg

And where can i find a Illumise??
Old July 15th, 2012, 08:09 AM
KidRollin
Beginning Trainer

Yea, when i went to the pokeshop to buy a zorua i had a full party and then the game crashed on me i tried it again with a empty slot and it worked fine. And the pokemon i've caught so far have disappeared instead of going to box 2 they just vanish.
Old July 17th, 2012, 05:23 AM
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothingtodo View Post
And where can i find a Illumise??
In Local Trade Station for a Mothim.

Quote:
Yea, when i went to the pokeshop to buy a zorua i had a full party and then the game crashed on me i tried it again with a empty slot and it worked fine. And the pokemon i've caught so far have disappeared instead of going to box 2 they just vanish.
Can you post here the error message? For the second error, the message of pokémon going to pokédex and box appeared? And how was the battle when you caught the pokémon?
Old July 17th, 2012, 10:59 AM
KidRollin
Beginning Trainer

I think i posted the picture properly as for the battle they went smoothly and it let me catch them but in my box there not there. Also when i come across them they have a pokeball next to them showing i caught them.
Attached Thumbnails
Error.png‎  
Old July 18th, 2012, 03:14 AM
or19937
Keep calm & BURN IT WITH FIRE!

Nature: Lonely
DAMN!
It's been years since i've played a pokemon game that I can't grind in a ridiculous speed.
XD

Awesome game, bro. LOVED IT.
Old July 18th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Gamefan
Beginning Trainer

I've been playing this for the past couple of days and I love it. For some reason I keep running into Eevees. I could have an entire Eevee team at this rate. Imagine my glee when I finally caught Scyther and then saw a trade for Pinsir. Time to crush everything.

Seriously, every other Pokemon I meet on the beach is an Eevee. I've bumped into three en route to the second beach portal. I think it's just weird luck, but it's weird. Pidgeys are rare for me!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links