The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Do you mind corrupted music (I'll fix it later)?
No - I mute VBA's volume anyway 572 55.97%
No - I can deal with it for now 222 21.72%
Yes - I won't play if the music is corrupted 45 4.40%
Yes - It'll kinda ruin it for me :/ 183 17.91%
Voters: 1022. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 24th, 2012, 12:15 AM
wilso
Grass Master

Nature: Hardy
when i play most pokemon games i dont have music on i use my own =P (unless its like a epic battle theme)
Old June 25th, 2012, 07:07 AM
blazerj13
Impossibly Possible~

Nature: Adamant
oh, nice hack, love the screenies, love the storyline, keep it up! i cant wait to see this hack finished! ill mark july 20'th on my calender!
Old June 27th, 2012, 07:38 PM
hinkage
Go make some new disaster
Community Supporter

Well based on the current number of votes, it's clear nobody cares too much about music. That's what I figured, but it's reassuring to know for a fact. Now I can completely ignore corruption and not feel bad (for now) :P
Old June 28th, 2012, 01:27 AM
Dimebag

Nature: Gentle
so the final release is estimated to be at 20 july ?! woooohooo ! cant wait to play it !! Also i like the references ( e.g. cole phelps from L.A. noire )

Last edited by Dimebag; June 29th, 2012 at 01:18 AM.
Old June 29th, 2012, 09:53 PM
hinkage
Community Supporter

Gamefreak's Black/White and Black 2/White 2 have used some of my general ideas, with maps* and events**. Granted, the events weren't completely original to games, but they had never been done in Pokemon before. Just as a warning to everyone there MAY be some similar stuff, but now I'm inclined to just think of something else because I don't want to do things that have been done in the official games.

Spoiler:
*Specifically, they made a grassy area in the middle of Castelia that's surrounded by buildings. I had done that SAME THING in 2010 when I tried hacking G/S/C. Do I have any proof? No, so I should just shut up; they probably got the idea from Central Park anyway, but I DON'T CARE DAMMIT! >:(. And Illusion Forest (technically also from SMW tho).

**The Black 2/White 2 ending sequence, and other things I can't think of right now because it's almost 2 AM.

The only reason I bring this up is because I just saw the B2/W2 ending and got to thinking about how a lot of my ideas have been done by the mainstream games, and don't want people thinking I deliberately took ideas from them. It's just coincidence! Oh well. Too bad, so sad.

/Endrant Please consider adding support banners to your signatures, by the way. :D I added another, made by qaz015393. If you don't get why there's a Steven sprite, well then you clearly haven't played either of my other two hacks, you MONSTER. Anyway, I'll be posting more screenshots sometime this next week because I haven't in awhile.

Last edited by hinkage; June 29th, 2012 at 09:58 PM.
Old June 29th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Tigerkit300

Tigerkit approves. This looks very, very nice. I would add a little more detail to routes though. You don't want it to be just a plain, grass and tress route.*Constructive Criticism over*
Old June 30th, 2012, 02:52 AM
Dimebag

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinkage View Post
Gamefreak's Black/White and Black 2/White 2 have used some of my general ideas, with maps* and events**. Granted, the events weren't completely original to games, but they had never been done in Pokemon before. Just as a warning to everyone there MAY be some similar stuff, but now I'm inclined to just think of something else because I don't want to do things that have been done in the official games.

Spoiler:
*Specifically, they made a grassy area in the middle of Castelia that's surrounded by buildings. I had done that SAME THING in 2010 when I tried hacking G/S/C. Do I have any proof? No, so I should just shut up; they probably got the idea from Central Park anyway, but I DON'T CARE DAMMIT! . And Illusion Forest (technically also from SMW tho).

**The Black 2/White 2 ending sequence, and other things I can't think of right now because it's almost 2 AM.

The only reason I bring this up is because I just saw the B2/W2 ending and got to thinking about how a lot of my ideas have been done by the mainstream games, and don't want people thinking I deliberately took ideas from them. It's just coincidence! Oh well. Too bad, so sad.

/Endrant Please consider adding support banners to your signatures, by the way. :D I added another, made by qaz015393. If you don't get why there's a Steven sprite, well then you clearly haven't played either of my other two hacks, you MONSTER. Anyway, I'll be posting more screenshots sometime this next week because I haven't in awhile.
hey man... all this is just a coincidence i don't believe that anyone would think of you copying gamefreak....and that's why everyone is here ! To try a new pokémon adventure and support the creators of the hacks !
P.S. 1: I copy pasted a hyetlology banner in my sig but it doesn't seem to work. In the sig preview it shows up but when i comment not....
P.S.2: What is with that screen that says "is thrashing about" ???

Last edited by Dimebag; June 30th, 2012 at 09:02 AM.
Old July 5th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Asuf
Dragon Tamer

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Asuf
Yeah, i don't think anyone is going to make a big deal about a few coincidences seriously. You have two other hacks? I'm going to look for them now lol. I hope more support banners can be made, I'm not liking these ones too much... Just my opinion though. Good luck again with the hack on finishing it and fixing audio errors!

Old July 6th, 2012, 04:11 AM
Dimebag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuf View Post
Yeah, i don't think anyone is going to make a big deal about a few coincidences seriously. You have two other hacks? I'm going to look for them now lol. I hope more support banners can be made, I'm not liking these ones too much... Just my opinion though. Good luck again with the hack on finishing it and fixing audio errors!

i think that pokemon awesome version ( hinkage's first hack) wasn't showcased so it will be hard finding the patch file
Old July 7th, 2012, 03:02 AM
RennyRenato123
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Modest
I can't wait for this game
Old July 7th, 2012, 03:41 AM
Dimebag

Quote:
Originally Posted by RennyRenato123 View Post
I can't wait for this game
No one can wait ! 13 days to july 20 ( possible release date ) !
Old July 10th, 2012, 12:28 PM
hinkage
Community Supporter

I have good news and bad news.

Bad news:
Sorry guise, but I'm going to have to delay the release for this game. No excuses -- there's just too much to do and not enough time, I think. New projected release date is August 24. It could be sooner though. Sorry :(

Good news:
I've completely updated the OP, including new screenshots.
Old July 10th, 2012, 04:30 PM
wilso
Grass Master

Nature: Hardy
only a few more weeks i guess ill think of it as a late b day present :3 btw love the new screenshots
Old July 11th, 2012, 04:58 AM
Dimebag

Well too bad that the release is going to be delayed but its okay.Everyone should be patient...,
Old July 11th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Asuf
Dragon Tamer

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Asuf
Take all the time you need, you can never put a release date on a hack since you never know whats going to happen in my view...
I'm liking the new screens though! Finished your first hack which I enjoyed, need to find a suitable Emerald rom for the second though, anyways keep at it.

Old July 12th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Aurasan
Beginning Trainer

This looks awesome man. I'd suggest you mod the "hero" sprites but I've always liked the white haired guy.. maybe mod the girl sprite? Also hoping there are fakemon and scenery in the battle screens. Would loved to have seen this in Beta form.
Though I must disagree with you on scripting / mapping. I find the former takes no thought and the latter to require creativity, regardless.. good stuff!

Old July 12th, 2012, 07:27 AM
LightOfTruth
Likes Hacks and Official Games

I be following this thread as the hack looks great. Just a question, Is it possible to release new screen-shots per week to show process of the hack before the beta or full game?

Get some Sims 3 stuff now

Old July 12th, 2012, 07:55 AM
blazerj13
Impossibly Possible~

aww..... release delayed......*remarks calender*
Old July 18th, 2012, 08:37 PM
munchhack
Advanced Scripter

I think you have really good tiles so far, like the gym tiles, I have been wanting to make my own custom tiles on fire red but I can't and I am amazed with your tiles.
Old July 19th, 2012, 12:00 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
You are putting too much pressure on yourself if you put up a release date. Take all the time you need. This hack has really great potential in it.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 03:26 AM
krisye

This looks absolutely amazing.
Legen... Waiting for it.... (...we'll see about that the 24th of august)
Old July 25th, 2012, 12:30 PM
hinkage
Community Supporter

Hello everyone. I have an update.

I was working on Hyetology today when these things happened:

For those of you who are newer to ROM hacking, there are two lessons to be learned here:
1. Never hack Pokemon Emerald.
2. Always make backups.

Needless to say, this blows. Have a nice day.
Old July 25th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Pinta77
Swadloon Trainer
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
Wow! This looks pretty cool. It's nice that it's an emerald hack, and the story is great. Trailer looked pretty good to. I can't wait til it's ready.

@hinkage
Uh-oh, this doesn't mean the game is cancelled does it!?

Wonder Trade!!!
Old July 25th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Dimebag

WTF?! What happened there ?
Old July 25th, 2012, 01:17 PM
hinkage
Community Supporter

Nah, I have backups and can (probably) fix everything. It's just funny.

So far, this game has survived through about 8 uber, gamebreaking glitches, and my old computer completely pooping out, all because I planned ahead.

Sponsored Links