Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

View Poll Results: Favorite BW City?
Nuvema Town 0 0%
Accumula Town 5 8.33%
Striaton City 4 6.67%
Nacrene City 1 1.67%
Castelia City 10 16.67%
Nimbasa City 11 18.33%
Anville Town 1 1.67%
Driftveil City 3 5.00%
Mistralton City 1 1.67%
Icirrus City 2 3.33%
Opelucid City 7 11.67%
Pokemon League 0 0%
Lacunosa Town 7 11.67%
Undella Town 4 6.67%
Black City/White Forest 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 6th, 2012, 05:06 AM
Reshiram Man
Resident Peacekeeper

Nature: Modest

Advertise here
Which city is your favorite?

My favorite city is Opelucid City, because I like the version differences in the cities, and also, the city is dragon-based, which happens to be one of my favorite types.
West, on a plane bound west
I see her stretching out below
Land, blessed mother land
The place where I was born

Scars, she’s got her scars
Sometimes it starts to worry me
Cause lose, I don’t want to lose
Sight of who we are

From the mountains high
To the wave-crashed coast
There’s a way to find
Better days I know

It’s been a long hard ride
Got a ways to go
This is still the place
That we all call home
Old July 6th, 2012, 05:21 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I like Nimbasa City because of its amusement park, the sports stadiums and the Battle Subway.

Old July 6th, 2012, 06:55 AM
diab_low
#SmashingTheMaroons

Nature: Gentle
I kinda like Nimbasa because u can re battle trainers at the stadium. there is always something to do there even when u finish the game.
Old July 6th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Aquarius1997
The Horoscopical Master

Nature: Quirky
I know im going against the norm here but
I HAD NO FEELINGS FOR NIMBASA CITY!!!!!
It was one of my most uncared about cities i only like it now since black-haired elesa is there
My favorite is actually Accumula town
(maybe nacrene city)
I pick a city the same way i pick a girlfriend
I look for hidden qualities

I like nacrene for the relaxing accordian music there
And i like accumula for the upbeat pianist and drummer

Maybe i just dont like show-offy cities even though I live in one
ONLY ME HA!!!

The Aquarius loves a party. Anytime, anywhere is their motto. It is not unlikely that an Aquarius will consider a wake a good place to meet chicks. Aquarians love to be naked. It is even better if they are naked and crocked. Froot Loops is a very Aquarian cereal. So is Rice Krispies, since it will engage in a friendly chat with the Aquarian as he or she is eating breakfast. Count Chocula is off-limits, however. It belongs to the Scorpios. Aquarians use the phrase "Dude, man..." frequently when describing philosophical concepts. Aquarians have out-of-body experiences on a daily basis. If you are talking to an Aquarian and he or she zones out, consider the conversation hopeless. He or she is talking to the guy three feet away from you. Aquarians are fun because they channel people. Plus, if you tell them to, they will run around naked. Aquarians like astronomy because they've been to all those places. If you want to know what the food is like on Saturn, ask an Aquarius. Aquarians can allow themselves every possible vice on the planet, and don't think twice about it. That is why they piss everyone else off. They are cosmically entitled to do this.
Old July 6th, 2012, 11:58 AM
cacturne4512
Psyduck

Nature: Quirky
I like Lacunosa Town the best. I guess I like the kind of creepy atmosphere.
This has been a post.
Old July 6th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
I'd have to say Driftveil City because of the music alone. I don't care what the city looks like that music is awesome.
Looking for X & Y friends, friend code is: 2964-8571-0102
Send me a pm if you add me.
Old July 6th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Devil In Exile

Nature: Quiet
Undella Town is my personal favorite due to the bay and Cynthia being nearby but city wise I'd have to say Nimbasa City since it has the sports domes and battle subway but the music could be better if you ask me.

Gotta love the high life.
Old July 6th, 2012, 03:49 PM
KyokuseiXRyusei
DenCabe! :3

Nature: Sassy
Striaton City. Very classy and full of Cilan, Cress, Chili!
Old July 6th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Shayminlover123
Top Pokemon Trainer

Nature: Timid
Nimbasa I like the gyms gimmick and the ferris wheel.
Old July 7th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Normally I would say Nimbasa due to the great about of replayability it provided, or even Undella Town with its seaside calm (or summertime merriment!), but in the end I have to go with Anville Town. I'm highly biased because of the special track included on the BW Soundtrack, but it's also an adorable, relaxing little town that really comes alive during the weekends.
Old July 8th, 2012, 02:51 AM
Mentalii
Back

Nature: Gentle
Castelia City, I love big cities. This is the city I enjoyed the most to go all over town. And it's a very beautiful city, a delight for the eyes.

Old July 8th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Driftveil City, man. It's got gorgeous music. It's pretty even though it's an industrial city, It's home to one of my favourite Gym Leaders. It's got a market in- I tend to adore cities with markets. It's got the big bridge and pretty routes to the northwest and it's near open water and really it's just fabulous. ♥
R & R

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old July 8th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Aerinoctis
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lax
I like Nimbasa City, Mistralton City, and Undella Town because of the music and their designs.
Old July 8th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
I like Accumula's design, it's a shame they only really used it for Ghetsis's speech in the beginning, I feel like there really wasn't anything to it content-wise. They could have done more :C
showdown, gallery, anime, & family
Old July 9th, 2012, 12:26 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivvon View Post
Normally I would say Nimbasa due to the great about of replayability it provided, or even Undella Town with its seaside calm (or summertime merriment!), but in the end I have to go with Anville Town. I'm highly biased because of the special track included on the BW Soundtrack, but it's also an adorable, relaxing little town that really comes alive during the weekends.
I found that town kind of boring. There was nothing really to do there! I wanted to explore more around the area, but the limited travel really made me not want to go there since there was very little to see/do.

I pick Castelia/Nimbasa, btw. n_n Prettiest! Oh and Black Cityyyyy.

Also noticed you included Pokemon League/White Forest, which means since they're not really cities, you can all bring up routes if you guys want too since it all kind of fits in and if discussion leads that way do it, imo.
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Old July 9th, 2012, 12:34 AM
Sonicfan9988
Sonic, Hilda & Rosa! ♥

Nature: Relaxed
I liked Castelia City the most because of it's design and it's music!
All credit for the awesome banner goes to emerald on the PokemonNewsDaily forums.

Credit for the Sonic and Pokemon X & Y heroine friendship icon goes to Lakia on the Bulbagarden forums and Nix-U on DeviantArt.

Sonic, Hilda & Rosa fanboy for life! The best video game characters ever!

I am now a moderator on the Romeo Sigs Forum! If you join, Sonic, Hilda & Rosa will be very happy!
Old July 9th, 2012, 04:27 AM
leojay
Beginning Trainer

Driftveil City for sure. Just for the music, it's simply amazing.

Am I allowed to make that the reason?
Old July 9th, 2012, 05:30 AM
Senbon
Beginning Trainer

I like Nimbasa because of its stadium.
Old July 15th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Ninjagon
Back from a break.

Send a message via Skype™ to Ninjagon
Nimbasa City is where my decision rests. It also where i train my pokemon (Stadium's),train my self (Subway) and where i use my BP to buy useful things, such as the way over-priced Vitamins and Life Orb's, you can never get enough of those two things, i tell ya lol.

There aren't many Lions left in the world now, yet poachers still exist. Even though it is illegal it still happens. Don't have anything to do with poaching - Take pride in your actions (pun intended)
Old July 15th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Haseyo
쏘쿨

Lacunosa Town. I was saddened how little there was to do there in B/W (slightly improved in 2), but the music and layout just seemed very nice to me. I'd like to live in a place like that.

You know, minus the whole non-gated community with monsters outside thing.
Old July 16th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Psycher!
PKMN Overlord

I liked Opelucid City for the music, and Undella Town for Cynthia and the music. IT'S SO CALMING.
Old July 16th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haseyo View Post
Lacunosa Town. I was saddened how little there was to do there in B/W (slightly improved in 2), but the music and layout just seemed very nice to me. I'd like to live in a place like that.

You know, minus the whole non-gated community with monsters outside thing.
Spoiler:
The storyline is already over by then in B/W, while in B2/W2, you go through as part of the actual storyline. You actually have to go from Nimbasa to Undella and eventually off along the other new area in the game; correct me if I'm wrong, but Nacrene, Accumula, Striaton, and Numeva Town are off-limits until the E4 are beaten, am I right? Almost makes sense; there wasn't much in those areas before (other than two Gyms and a very out-of-the-way Challenge Rock that I used for financial gain while in the area), and there's even less to do there now if I understand, other than detouring through the Dreamyard.

I will reserve opinion as I have yet to see three of these areas. I don't really count the Pokémon League as a city.

Cyclone
"Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Last edited by Forever; July 16th, 2012 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Had to add spoiler tags because members don't want to see even "small" B2/W2 spoilers. :(
Old July 27th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
For its sheer scale, scope and ambition, I have to pick Castelia City. Yes, it wasn't perfect, what with its array of empty buildings and not all that much to do... but it was such a departure from all of the cities that came before it in the Pokemon world that I couldn't not vote for it. I love my cities big and metropolis-y, and there isn't anything bigger or more metropolis-y than Castelia, so it gets my vote in a heartbeat.
Old July 27th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Katie the Friendly Ghost
I like rain.

Nature: Adamant
Mistralton had the coolest music, but I like Undella Town. Something about a small town on the beach that is very, idk, relaxing? And I think that was the town where I made some serious bank off that guy who bought the underwater treasures.
Old July 27th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the Friendly Ghost View Post
Mistralton had the coolest music, but I like Undella Town. Something about a small town on the beach that is very, idk, relaxing? And I think that was the town where I made some serious bank off that guy who bought the underwater treasures.
You are correct. 300,000 for the Ancient Crown alone. That will buy you a few TMs from the shops!

Cyclone
"Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here