Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page B2 W2 Japanese version of B2/W2

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Old June 29th, 2012 (03:36 PM).
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Silver Tier

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by Sydian:
I get a lot of people that think I'm weird for playing it in a language I can't read
WEIRDO

But really, it makes sense. But my thing is, I'd love to read the story, and if I can't do that, the game is a little disappointing. I would order it, but only to have as a collective item, not as something that I'd play and really, that'd just be a waste of my time and money (that I don't have). So I'm just waiting until it's US release to play it.
It just annoys me if I can't read it, and plus if I don't know a Pokemon's moveset and it starts learning a new move, it'd be tedious to have to look it up and such. I'd rather just know right off the bat.

"We've restored your Pokémon to full health.
We hope to see you again!"
Old July 6th, 2012 (09:37 AM).
Woah

Nature: Relaxed
is it worth it? just to get it earlier?
Old July 6th, 2012 (10:43 AM).
The Horoscopical Master

Nature: Quirky
No it is not worth it. For once pokemon has started to make engaging storylines with interesting plots, you cant understand nothing if you dont know japanese.(thats like playing a zelda game in all japanese which is impossible without help)

Im currently looking online for a free way to learn japanese but no luck
If only public city schools in my city offer japanese instead of spanish french and chinese

The Aquarius loves a party. Anytime, anywhere is their motto. It is not unlikely that an Aquarius will consider a wake a good place to meet chicks. Aquarians love to be naked. It is even better if they are naked and crocked. Froot Loops is a very Aquarian cereal. So is Rice Krispies, since it will engage in a friendly chat with the Aquarian as he or she is eating breakfast. Count Chocula is off-limits, however. It belongs to the Scorpios. Aquarians use the phrase "Dude, man..." frequently when describing philosophical concepts. Aquarians have out-of-body experiences on a daily basis. If you are talking to an Aquarian and he or she zones out, consider the conversation hopeless. He or she is talking to the guy three feet away from you. Aquarians are fun because they channel people. Plus, if you tell them to, they will run around naked. Aquarians like astronomy because they've been to all those places. If you want to know what the food is like on Saturn, ask an Aquarius. Aquarians can allow themselves every possible vice on the planet, and don't think twice about it. That is why they piss everyone else off. They are cosmically entitled to do this.
Old July 7th, 2012 (01:08 AM).
California Dreamin'
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
I've learnt from purchasing both HGSS & BW from Japan kinda ruins the game for when I buy it in english so I'd rather last out and enjoy it more in a language I can comprehend rather than go through having no clue.
Old July 7th, 2012 (02:04 AM).
My life would suck without you
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I won't because it'll ruin my English playthrough, I can't read Japanese and because the games are region locked and I therefore can't play them on my 3DS.
Old July 7th, 2012 (04:27 AM).
spacing out

Nature: Hasty
I really don't get why people would get it other than for collecting purposes. It ruins the English playthrough like Vaporeon said and you'll miss half of the story. I don't really fancy having to have a walkthrough with me constantly either. Besides, why would you play the original version when you're gonna have to buy the English version eventually? That's a waste of money too, so no. And it's not like I enjoy these games so much anymore that I can't wait for the English version to come out.
Old July 7th, 2012 (08:16 AM).
Gold Tier

I imported Black and White from Japan. Gameplay was ok and yes I did have to look up walkthroughs but it didnt really ruin my English playthrough. Though it was longer a wait for the English version of Black and White. Seeing as its now 3 months till release of BW2 in the US, I see little reason for me to import the game. Its more expensive especially with the cost of shipping. I like having Japanese games for collectinf purposes, to connect to the DW and get Japanese events(over wi-fi) but thats about it.
Old July 7th, 2012 (11:40 PM).
яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...

Nature: Hardy
I just got it in the mail yesterday.

Honestly, I got a little upset, but after looking up translations I'm very happy with the game. Its still the same thing, and I was so excited for it. The game is reaching my expectations, and I'm really glad I tried getting it early.

My little sister is getting White 2 in English for her birthday. She wants the japanese version, but honestly I'm making her wait because I know she'll be confused and angry she won't be able to read it X'D Silly

ι ѕнαℓℓ ρяσtє¢t уσυ, му ℓσνє.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links