• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Cofagrigus versus Golurk

Which do you pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mentalii

Back
Years
Cofagrigus, it intrigues me a lot. It's a little strange, and not very strong, but I don't know, there's something in it that appeals to me. Maybe its mysterious side ?
On the other hand I never payed attention to Golurk.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I'm really not a fan of either D: I've always detested Cofagrigus because tbh I think it looks terrible. :x The concept and design are both really bad imo and its battle style is pretty dull. Golurk is a completely different story though. I used to adore Golurk when it first came out; it's Ground/Ghost dual-typing seemed sooo cool. I was so excited to use one, but then when I finally did it was the biggest disappointment imaginable :c But I'm gonna go with Golurk just 'cos it can Fly. :3

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
This is a really hard decision, to be honest. They're both equally liked by me. Golurk is adorable, and who wouldn't like a ghost sarcophagus? HMM.

Years
Not my favorite Unova Ghost Pokemon, but I do like both almost equally. Cofagrigus is a mummy coffin thing with reminds me of ancient egypt, so I'll go with that.

droomph

weeb
Years
I like Golurk because I'm not a big fan of Soul Eater. :( Sorrrry Alternative

It's just something about Cofagrigus that is...wrong. I mean, I like Yamask (because cute) but Cofagrigus just seems a tiny bit weird.

:(((((

Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2013
I voted for Golurk. I use it more often in-game (which still isn't a lot), and its typing is far more unique than Cofagrigus'.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
Golurk is my choice, because of it's amazing physical movepool, which is in contrary to many ghost types, because the lot of them focus in special attack.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
CoFAGrigus all the way, as well as double rainbows! :)
Golurk is too slow and can't survive a Shadow Ball from a Specs Gengar, whereas the mummy can. Cofagrigus is a troll with a capital T.

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
I had a Golurk before and it was beast Shadow Iron Fist FTW

BUUUUTTTT....
Confagrigis is an amazing pokemon with an awesome name, stats, appearence, annimation(coffin with 4 arms fricken scary) and the best pokedex entree
Black

It has been said that they swallow those who get too close and turn them into mummies. They like to eat gold nuggets.(ha so irrelavent)

White

They pretend to be elaborate coffins to teach lessons to grave robbers. Their bodies are covered in pure gold.

I PISSED MY PANTS.JK :P

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2013
Golurk all the way. Not only does it have a better movepool than Cofagrigus but it also has added type of Ground so it can take out more types than Cofagrigus can

Years
I'll go with Golurk, but Golurk's a strange one to me. It always seems like it should have ridiculously high stats, and it just doesn't.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Golurk wins unfortunately. :( I very much prefer Cofagrigus ;;

Only about 3 polls left guys, so make the most of the polls! n______n Next is up really soon!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I didn't get the chance to vote....but I much prefer Cofagrigus. It's a freaking Sarcophagus in pokemon form! If that can't win a poll I don't know what can.

It's also really good in battle, I had one during the story of Pokemon White and it was a great asset to my team.

I like Golurk too but nowhere near as much.

Johnster

Losing is not an option
Years
Golurk gets my vote! :D Love the design and moveset. His just awesome in my opinion. Cofagrigus is just weird to me :x

Cofagrigus, it intrigues me a lot. It's a little strange, and not very strong, but I don't know, there's something in it that appeals to me. Maybe its mysterious side ?
On the other hand I never payed attention to Golurk.

What anime is that on your signature?

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2020
I prefer Golurk's design, so I'm going with him. I don't understand why people are confused as to why its type is Ground/Ghost. When you think about it, it suits him.

Years
Not only is Golurk a lot cooler looking, but it also can fly.

Not good enough? Fine!

Golurks are so fun to use, their ability iron fist just makes a Golurk super strong, as they learn many moves that are enhanced by this ability. The fact that they are so heavy and slow makes them great for using trick room or Heavy Slam. Golurk has an innovative/awesome typing, that is very useful throughout Unova. Plus, it's offensive AND defensive, making it great.

Confagrigus, while a great pokemon, isn't as good ingame, it's typing isn't as fun and Ghetsis had one and it was terrible to battle. stall pokemon are so annoying

SO GOLURK ALL THE WAY!

Back