The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 4th, 2012, 07:30 AM
{Swan}
I Never Asked For This.

Nature: Naive

Advertise here
Are you interested in non-Pokémon roleplay? Do you only join Pokémon roleplays?

Generally, no. The reason I roleplay here is because of the Pokémon roleplays. I mean if I see a solidly done ancient history roleplay then by all means I'm game. But anything else is not really interesting to me.

Would you like to see more original, non-Pokémon roleplays on PC? Or are you interested in roleplays based off other programs/games (IE Elite Killer's Elder Scrolls RP)?

I'd love a killer ancient history roleplay haha. But yes, besides that it's just not my thing.

Find me on:

Storenvy :: DeviantART :: Tumblr :: Twitter
Old July 4th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Are you intressed in non-Pokémon roleplays? Do you join them?

Yes i am intressed in them and i do join them

can someone give me discriptions of the current roleplays that accept members? i still want to join one, just one because i have to work the rest of the week (except sunday, friday only from 5 pm to 9 pm) unless i'm really intressed in two then i'll consider joining two
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old July 4th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Fort PokePower
Muffins forever

Nature: Quirky
I enjoy both Pokemon and non-Pokemon RPs. I mostly join Pokemon RPs, but that's because most of the plots for the non-Pokemon ones don't catch my interest, or I don't know very much about the series or game that it takes place in.

What is your favourite non-Pokémon roleplay?
I haven't joined many non-Pokemon RPs on PC, but there is a Zelda RP I joined on another forum called Skyloft Historia: A Crimson Destiny that I've enjoyed quite a bit.

Would you like to see more original, non-Pokémon roleplays on PC? Or are you interested in roleplays based off other programs/games (IE Elite Killer's Elder Scrolls RP)?

I'd definitely like to see more non-Pokemon RPs. Though Pokemon RPs tend to have good plots, it's nice to take a break from RPing ONLY in the Pokemon World.

Roleplays I am in:
Sekirei: Wings of Fate (OOC/IC) as Fia and Akira Takako
Fire Emblem: The Rift War (OOC/IC) as Adina Maralyn
Pokemon Odyssey: Search For Cresselia (OOC/IC) as Kaveri "Jetstream" Vian
One Piece: The Golden Age (OOC/IC) as Anahita Z. Firenze

Roleplays I GM:
Fargona: The Land of Dragons (OOC/IC) - Participating as Thia Rondamar
Old July 4th, 2012, 02:15 PM
SV
It was justified

Nature: Relaxed

I tend to join both, if they have good plots. I'm basically interested in both.

Hyrus As of now, it would probably be Atlantis Arising. Good stuff.

I enjoy seeing original non-Pokemon roleplays. But I also like roleplays based off other programs/games as well. Again, it really depends on the plot (and in some cases GM) for me. Truthfully, any RP can be great with a good plot and the right people guiding it.

Paired with the Epic Raikiri
Old July 5th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Vintage Arachnid
im always watchin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Vintage Arachnid
Well, I'm back for some much needed RPing.

Actually, I prefer non-Pokemon RPs.

Uhh, I've only returned yesterday so I don't really know. I like mystical, fantasy type stuff if that helps ya.

I looove original ones they are the most fun, in my opinion of course. I'm not really sure what Elder Scrolls is but if it has an interesting plot I'm likely to join it.

THE EXTREMELY JEALOUS PAIR OF CAREFULWETPAINT
Old July 5th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Cirrus
dreaming a transient dream.

Nature: Mild
Some shameless advertisement for my roleplay here ... Litany is missing one player. Genre: high fantasy, original world. Kindly apply if interested! (It was moving slowly for quite a while... my fault. =[ )

And also to supply some of my own answers to those three recent questions.

Quality is my most important criterion. That, and whether I have a concept ready to deploy (... yeah ...).

Mine obviously I have no idea.

I am ambivalent. It depends on the interests of the people; if more gamemasters are willing to create non-Pokemon roleplays, then so be it, and the reverse is the same.

~あさきゆめみし君と~

さくらの色 いとしさの花 あさきゆめみし君と
そっとそっと口づけをして 涙あふれてく

pair · in tempore momenti · personal vloid playlist
d.c. ii art assets belong to circus. text: tororo.

Last edited by Cirrus; July 5th, 2012 at 11:55 PM.
Old July 5th, 2012, 11:41 PM
Loki
its easy being with you
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Loki

Yes I actually join strictly non-pokemon roleplays. I personally love Pokemon roleplays, but at some point I lost interest in the new generation pokemon games, so I don't have all the new pokemon memorized. This makes it pretty difficult to formulate a good team in Pokemon roleplays these days, so I'm just unable to join pokemon roleplays because they're filled with mysterious creatures I don't recognize LOL. If there were a Hoenn generation or below only RP, I'd consider it if the quality was high enough!

It's a dA group roleplay based on the Legend of Korra called Republic City. But I'm sure that's not what this is asking, on PC my favorite non-Pokemon roleplay is easily YZ.

Uhh I don't particularly care, since I don't really have time to join any RP's unless they're of mind-blowing quality or if it's a fandom I'm really really into at the moment. If I apply to your RP you can bet I was impressed to mars and back! *thumbs up*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baker's Bulbasaur View Post
This will probably sounds like a very stupid question...

*Deep Breath*
Buuuuuuut

I'm looking to join an RP. I used to get involved with tons when I was a regular poster here about 5 years ago, but the whole system seems to have changed. I've re-read the rules, and the huge thread on RP Etiquette, but the one thing I can't seem to work out is how to sign up, I've looked down pretty much the whole list (Excluding ones with tons of posts that are obviously filled up and well into production) But even the threads with 1-10 posts don't have the sign up sheet on the front page.

I'm guessing I'm just confused cos back in the day when I was here more, an RP would begin on the same thread that had the sign ups at the beginning, whereas it looks to me now that once sign ups are complete they are deleted and the first post in the GM opening the story?

Assuming this is correct, the only reason I can't find an RP to sign up for is because there currently aren't any xD

But some clarification on this would be appreciated!
Holy crap Baker I haven't seen you in... a year has it been? IDK if you even recognize me LOL
Old July 7th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
I'm back from a terribly long internet hiatus! I'm catching back up to what I have been missing, but it seems fairly easy to find my place again.

That said, I'd like to re-plug and request some RPers to join my RP:

(Click it)

We need some spots for Sacred Fire, about two or three should cut it. Once we have it evened out on each side, the RP will begin, and sign-ups will still be accepted.

Old July 8th, 2012, 02:29 AM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

I'd just like to post an advanced apology to those waiting patiently for the RPA results. They are very close to confirmation, the Elite Six just has to iron out the last few. You guys made it difficult for us!

So please, just be a little more patient. We'll announce them when we are 100% sure of our winners. :)
Old July 8th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Denny Hamlin
accept d e f e a t

Already submitted my very first roleplay. :D I *think* I might be missing something because I was up at midnight working on it. D: If all goes well, then I'll be advertising it. xD

Also, I was about to VM you about that, Skyrim. xD Dang...is the competition that tough?

Anyways, while I'm here...I was busy doing other things so Imma catch up on the topics.

I think Pokemon Roleplays are the only things that keep me liking Pokemon at this time. Without roleplaying, I'd probably have lost my interest in the franchise. It's a good thing that I found something to do to keep my "childhood" alive while plugged into what I do best: writing.

As of right now I join Pokemon roleplays. I kinda don't feel like I'm at the level where I can join non-Pokemon roleplays, I'd rather wait till I've advanced enough to join in.

I won't join as of now, but I'd love to see more of them just to follow. The work done by the many roleplayers out there (including Litany: A Song of Worlds) is just amazing. This section needs more threads and stories like that.
Old July 8th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Ztar
Beginning Trainer

Hello im looking for a roleplay partner to do a simple one on one traveling rivalry or something if your interested pm
Old July 10th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Denny Hamlin
accept d e f e a t

I'm just gonna go ahead and do this:

My first revival Roleplay, The Pokemon Hunger Games is now live and accepting RPers, regardless of experience! You don't need to have read the books or watch the movie to join this roleplay. The concept is quite simple. ;) So, why not join!

/lolshamelessadvertisingiamawesomeamirite?
Old July 10th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Sort of, but the only other role play I'd really join is a Grandia themed role play; although I doubt that'd get much activity haha. I get really uncomfortable RPing about something that I'm not really knowledgeable about so I wouldn't be interested in joining a RP based on a topic I don't have much experience with. For example Megan's new Hunger Games role play; I know it specifically states that you don't need to read the Hunger Games books beforehand, but I'd still feel uncomfortable taking part until I had read them. :3
Old July 10th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
Sort of, but the only other role play I'd really join is a Grandia themed role play; although I doubt that'd get much activity haha. I get really uncomfortable RPing about something that I'm not really knowledgeable about so I wouldn't be interested in joining a RP based on a topic I don't have much experience with. For example Megan's new Hunger Games role play; I know it specifically states that you don't need to read the Hunger Games books beforehand, but I'd still feel uncomfortable taking part until I had read them. :3
Back last year in April when Eeveemaster9 created Years of Lies, I joined solely on the storyline. I had no idea for a little bit afterwards that it was based on the Hunger Games.

Maybe you should just take that mindset! As opposed to thinking that you gotta know the entire story of a series, just read what they've got and see if it makes sense to you!
Old July 11th, 2012, 06:11 AM
Rokusasu
Scientist Salarian

Speaking of series serving as the inspirations for role plays, I'm toying with the idea of a Mirai Nikki themed RP, though as always it's the logistics that are annoying to work out.

Old July 11th, 2012, 06:16 AM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Hello, I'm back! It feels good to be back here. I was wondering if anyone has any RPs they're making, or if anyone can suggest any RPs I could join.

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old July 11th, 2012, 06:36 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
SD- i'm remaking my Youkai Academy RP, dont worry, everyone's character will be added automatically, so yours too.

I'm also thinking of making a kingdom hearts RP and bringing it out around... August and september, anyone has any ideas for the KH RP? Plot etc.?
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old July 11th, 2012, 10:12 AM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSapphire View Post
SD- i'm remaking my Youkai Academy RP, dont worry, everyone's character will be added automatically, so yours too.

I'm also thinking of making a kingdom hearts RP and bringing it out around... August and september, anyone has any ideas for the KH RP? Plot etc.?
Don't overload yourself, if I were you, I'd get one going a few months before the other, or just one at a time. A lot of stress comes from simultaneously doing GMing multiple RPs, especially one as big as Youkai Academy and a storyline as convoluted as Kingdom Hearts'.
Old July 12th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
I need some RPing to get back into my writing mindset. Damn, it feels good to be back.

Let's see...

Pokemon Fallout - Even though Marin is the only one I've really interacted with in it, it's still fun.

Earth & Sky - I was happy to get back into it. It's also accepting new members, guys!

Sacred Fire / Divine Water - My RP. Still need more spots on the Sacred Fire family before we can start! SINE AHP NAO!!

I might not join another until I feel I'm ready. Especially since now I have to deal with "Real World Problems".

Old July 12th, 2012, 10:23 AM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
@Akio-kun: I've already asked to reserve a spot in Sacred Fire / Divine Water. If you check I posted to reserve a spot in Sacred Fire.

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old July 12th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Magic

Danger on the S.S. Anne has a few slots available! I thought I'd let a few more join at the first stop.

Q: What is your ideal amount of players in an RP?

Personally I love big groups. It means there is an opportunity to like some people, dislike people, and there is much more choice and variety. Really I think interacting with the same few people non-stop can get a bit tiring and samey XD.

(Hence why S.S. Anne is now up to 18)
Old July 12th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

I've always preferred small groups. In a huge number of peoples, you can lose track when people are posting too often. Anyone remember Focus Shift? That was the perfect amount of people to activity ratio.
Old July 12th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Cirrus
dreaming a transient dream.

Nature: Mild

My ideal number of players is anywhere from 3-6. I like small groups, because it makes it easy to coordinate things with people; additionally, there's much more opportunity to create something that one is passionate about when one has a small group of people to share it with (at least in my opinion) rather than a larger group.

~あさきゆめみし君と~

さくらの色 いとしさの花 あさきゆめみし君と
そっとそっと口づけをして 涙あふれてく

pair · in tempore momenti · personal vloid playlist
d.c. ii art assets belong to circus. text: tororo.
Old July 12th, 2012, 08:43 PM
NV
Dracon Leader

Location: In my own little world, taking potshots at your little world.
Depends on the RP, normally I'd say 6 including the GM.
its a nice round number and theres a good chance of at least 3 of them being avid RPers.

By the way my RP's been up for a few days.
It's part of a series but not everyone who plays will need to play in the future parts.
I'd like it if some people signed up within the week.

PM me for info about this project.

Old July 12th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Starsprite
This is how we live!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Starsprite

I'm kind of a sucker for crowds (that 10-15 range, not like 50-60), but they're a bit hard to handle. The RPs with a small group always function a lot better, it seems. I've got a wonderful group of fourteen in my own RP though, so who's to say big groups can't function smoothly too?

Sponsored Links

Advertise here