The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old July 4th, 2012, 11:30 PM
Kyain's Avatar
Kyain
The Sky High Pokémon
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Kyain

POKéMON PURE WHITE

"When the sky and the depths of the ocean fight, it will be a magnificent battle to behold!"

Author: Final Destination
Engine used: RPG Maker 2003 using the PokéEngine GBA kit

"What's this about PokéEngine GBA?"
Spoiler:
First off, mods, I assure you that this is not a hack! It is just a simple codename for the engine I'm building for this game. PokéEngine GBA is a "starter kit" you could say that I built for myself. It aims to replicate the Pokémon GBA games engine within the bounds of RPG Maker 2003. The features it has is outside this spoiler, so read on! I plan on releasing it whenever I feel like it.

Q: When are you releasing it?
A: Maybe after the game is finished.

Many will probably say that RPG Maker 2003 is obsolete and that we should move on. It's actually a very powerful program when used right, besides, what I use and how obsolete it is shouldn't matter because people still use it. I'll discuss releasing it when the time comes...


Story:
The region of Altro is a big region that's home to two legendary birds: Ho-Oh and Lugia. However, two teams seek them for their own personal gain: Team Aero and Team Sacred, who seemingly appeared when Ho-Oh and Lugia appeared. Their goal? To cause destruction, for fun. They also have another thing in mind though: Recently in Altro, an ancient tablet was dug up on the east side of the region. When translated it, it said this:

"When the sky and the depths of the ocean fight, it will be a magnificent battle to behold!"

It was found out to be linked to Ho-Oh and Lugia, which explains why both teams want to both cause destruction and find Ho-Oh and Lugia. They haven't been removed from the region yet because all of their activities is done in secret, and no one knows where their bases are. However, it seems like every time Team Aero and Team Sacred meet, they get into a mini-fight over who's going to meet, and their leaders are never around. Soon, their fights seem to be planned, and don't seem as real. What's going on with them? What kind of battle will the legendary Pokémon fight in if Team Aero and Team Sacred force them to fight?

You are a kid from Oceanview Town, in West Altro, who has been exposed to Pokemon all their life. Your best friend has been your friend for as long as you can remember, so it's only expected that your friend would know a lot about Pokémon too. Professor Samuel Oak from the Kanto region is coming to West Altro, which is where you live. When he's ambushed by a Team Aero Grunt, you must use one of his Pokémon to save him.

And that's when it all starts!


Features (implemented):
~CBS (Custom Battle System, 6% done)
~CMS (Custom Menu System, 5% done (only main layout is done, and even then I must make the Pokémon and basic menu layouts)
~CNS (Custom Naming System, 5% done)
~CMS (100% done, uses custom textboxes)
~Pokemon Generating System (35% done, must do it for the other 5 slots)
~Walking/Running System (Name says it all, 100% done)

POKeMON GENERATING SYSTEM
Spoiler:
For those who care: This game doesn't use Actors for Pokemon! Just variables! When you encounter a wild Pokemon or when you receive one, a script runs. This fills certain variables with values that are used in the CMS and CBS coding. For a wild Pokemon, they're used for battling and if you catch it, then it becomes one of yours where it can be used in CMS and CBS coding



Features (confirmed):
~CSS (Custom Shop System, 0% done)

SCREENSHOTS:
Spoiler:

CMS Layout

You obtained a Bulbasaur! (No it doesn't use that textbox in game, I'm in a debug room xD)

Oceanview Town, the town where the seas carry tales of adventure! ;D

Proof of Concept...O_O

Notice the bare HUD.

Even more bare...

Got away safely--oh...


THE HEROES:


If you're a Boy the Girl is Jill;
If you're a
Girl the Boy is Frankie;


THE RIVAL:
[to be revealed]


THE PROFESSOR(S):
Spoiler:

Professsor Samuel Oak
&
Professor ???


THE EVIL TEAMS:

Spoiler:
TEAM AERO:
[insert Team Aero design here]

TEAM SACRED:
[insert Team Sacred design here]


THE REGION:
Spoiler:

Left side of the map is West Altro
Right side is East Altro
1 - 11 cities is West Altro cities, 12 - 18 cities are East Altro cities


What I need from YOU:
This is a big project, and with the advanced style project I'd like to use Kanto, Johto and Hoenn's Pokemon, and I'd like to be able to have double battles and all that other fancy stuff.

However!

That is a lot of data for me to be coding and inputting.
I'd have to input all 386 Pokemon's base stats, movesets. Not only that, I need to add abilities too. I also need custom sprites! So...

Positions needed:
~Data Inputter x1: Variables for base stats need to be filled. Lots of conditional branches that have to be done for the CBS and other stuff has to be put in. etc. etc. That's where you come in. PM me for more details!
~Additional Coder: I have mostly everything down, but I'm not sure how I'd go along with the evolution system, and the experience system. That and it's good to have some support on your side!
~Spriter(s): I'm no spriter, and the Frankie and Jill sprites weren't made by me, but posted onto a forum for everyone to use. As such they didn't have the Running, Surfing, Bicycling or Pokeball use sprites. If you can make these sprites in Gen 3 style, that'd be appreciated. I also need Gym Leader sprites (more on this later, it's getting late...)

More positions will be posted as needed.

Credits:
Funnybunny: For inspiring to make this game and for his tilesets
RM2k3Kid: Charsets and more tilesets
Arnou (from another forum)
NikNaks: For making the region map
Thank you for looking at my thread!

__________________

Silver-tier supporter Kyain's Signature
There's nothing here...lol
My stuff:

Space for rent


lalalalala i can't hear you. FACT.
[context: facebook]
Quote:
over a milliard of users had no access
[1:41:11 PM] Khilia-chan~: they all were forced to have a life





Last edited by Kyain; August 23rd, 2012 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Put the person who made the char sprites in the credits and the region map in too
Reply With Quote
  #2    
Old July 9th, 2012, 04:35 AM
Rick1234's Avatar
Rick1234
Hidden in the shadows, for now
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ponyville, Equestria
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Nice job. But your menu looks like the one used in Pokemon Raptor :/ Just with out the pokegear option and the background, with a changed bag mainly. Not saying you took it just saying it looks like it. But I like the character sprites very original :D
Reply With Quote
  #3    
Old July 9th, 2012, 06:38 AM
Kyain's Avatar
Kyain
The Sky High Pokémon
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Kyain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1234 View Post
Nice job. But your menu looks like the one used in Pokemon Raptor :/ Just with out the pokegear option and the background, with a changed bag mainly. Not saying you took it just saying it looks like it. But I like the character sprites very original :D
Well, I admit, I was going to originally going to make it look like Raptor's...then I got inspiration from other places and there you go
__________________

Silver-tier supporter Kyain's Signature
There's nothing here...lol
My stuff:

Space for rent


lalalalala i can't hear you. FACT.
[context: facebook]
Quote:
over a milliard of users had no access
[1:41:11 PM] Khilia-chan~: they all were forced to have a life




Reply With Quote
  #4    
Old July 9th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Rick1234's Avatar
Rick1234
Hidden in the shadows, for now
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ponyville, Equestria
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Final Destination View Post
Well, I admit, I was going to originally going to make it look like Raptor's...then I got inspiration from other places and there you go
Ah Haha I wanted to do the same but I said no it's stealing so I did not even bother
Reply With Quote
  #5    
Old July 9th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Jaydens's Avatar
Jaydens
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia.
Gender: Male
Looks good, When i saw the word script for the battle system part I was guessing your using the SDK Rm2k3 Patch/Script?
Reply With Quote
  #6    
Old July 10th, 2012, 05:01 AM
Kyain's Avatar
Kyain
The Sky High Pokémon
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Kyain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydens View Post
Looks good, When i saw the word script for the battle system part I was guessing your using the SDK Rm2k3 Patch/Script?
SDK for RM2k3?
Never heard of it...
__________________

Silver-tier supporter Kyain's Signature
There's nothing here...lol
My stuff:

Space for rent


lalalalala i can't hear you. FACT.
[context: facebook]
Quote:
over a milliard of users had no access
[1:41:11 PM] Khilia-chan~: they all were forced to have a life




Reply With Quote
  #7    
Old July 10th, 2012, 08:09 AM
khkramer's Avatar
khkramer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Gender: Male
I think he's referring to DynRPG : link
It adds extra functionality and plugins to RM2K3.
By the way, nice game!
__________________

Check out the MMORPG I'm developing:

• Trading • PvP • Co-Op
Reply With Quote
  #8    
Old July 11th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Seraphimon-sama
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Gender: Male
Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is already a game that has the name Pokemon Pure White. It already has a release.
__________________
I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.


Sprite made by DD's Sprite Shop~!


GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Reply With Quote
  #9    
Old July 11th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Kyain's Avatar
Kyain
The Sky High Pokémon
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Kyain
Is this game that has the name already on this forum?
__________________

Silver-tier supporter Kyain's Signature
There's nothing here...lol
My stuff:

Space for rent


lalalalala i can't hear you. FACT.
[context: facebook]
Quote:
over a milliard of users had no access
[1:41:11 PM] Khilia-chan~: they all were forced to have a life




Reply With Quote
  #10    
Old July 11th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Rezah's Avatar
Rezah
justicykes
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada, BC
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphimon-sama View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is already a game that has the name Pokemon Pure White. It already has a release.
Doesn't matter. It's a name. Nobody owns a name for a game or hack when they decide to use it; release or not.
__________________
>Courtroom Révolutionnaire

Pokémon Tyrian Developer

Hello! Please, drop me a visitor message if you want to chat! I'd love to talk to more people!
avatar credit

Follow me for updates on my game and various other things!
Reply With Quote
  #11    
Old July 11th, 2012, 11:08 PM
DarkDoom3000's Avatar
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New Zealand
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Although i agree with daed, that it doesn't matter if the name is used or not.

that said, you have to think about the scenerio, where someone asks the name of the game, and you say "Pokemon: Pure White" and they google that.

are they gonna find your game, or the other game?
just some food for thought.
__________________
Beta 0.73 is out
Thread | Website | Blog
Reply With Quote
  #12    
Old July 11th, 2012, 11:08 PM
yiliang99's Avatar
yiliang99
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Anything I can help,I use rpg maker 2k3 too
__________________
This signature has been disabled.
Way too tall. No scroll bars allowed. 350 pixels is the max.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Reply With Quote
  #13    
Old July 12th, 2012, 05:10 AM
Kyain's Avatar
Kyain
The Sky High Pokémon
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Kyain
Is there anything that you're good at (coding, mapping?)
__________________

Silver-tier supporter Kyain's Signature
There's nothing here...lol
My stuff:

Space for rent


lalalalala i can't hear you. FACT.
[context: facebook]
Quote:
over a milliard of users had no access
[1:41:11 PM] Khilia-chan~: they all were forced to have a life




Reply With Quote
  #14    
Old July 16th, 2012, 04:21 AM
yiliang99's Avatar
yiliang99
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
I can do both,but I think I am better at coding
__________________
This signature has been disabled.
Way too tall. No scroll bars allowed. 350 pixels is the max.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Reply With Quote
  #15    
Old July 16th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Kyain's Avatar
Kyain
The Sky High Pokémon
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Kyain
How good are you at coding? Shoot me a PM
__________________

Silver-tier supporter Kyain's Signature
There's nothing here...lol
My stuff:

Space for rent


lalalalala i can't hear you. FACT.
[context: facebook]
Quote:
over a milliard of users had no access
[1:41:11 PM] Khilia-chan~: they all were forced to have a life




Reply With Quote
  #16    
Old July 16th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Erosu mou
 
Join Date: May 2011
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nice spriting!!Good luck on your project also.
Reply With Quote
  #17    
Old July 21st, 2012, 01:38 PM
Kyain's Avatar
Kyain
The Sky High Pokémon
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Kyain
Hello people. I plan on updating the battle system to D/P/Pt/HG/SS styled, and I also plan to maybe update the graphic style to that kind of style too. I may move to essentials, but that's probably not going to happen. Either way, I need a spriter to make my trainer's sprites into 4th gen styled. Their trainer sprites are based off of PT Lucas and Dawn, so I need the overworld sprites, back battle sprites and a few other sprites based on them too.

Thank you.
__________________

Silver-tier supporter Kyain's Signature
There's nothing here...lol
My stuff:

Space for rent


lalalalala i can't hear you. FACT.
[context: facebook]
Quote:
over a milliard of users had no access
[1:41:11 PM] Khilia-chan~: they all were forced to have a life




Reply With Quote
  #18    
Old July 28th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Kyain's Avatar
Kyain
The Sky High Pokémon
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Kyain
Bump, with a new screenshot!
As i code more, I'll update this post
Spoiler:

__________________

Silver-tier supporter Kyain's Signature
There's nothing here...lol
My stuff:

Space for rent


lalalalala i can't hear you. FACT.
[context: facebook]
Quote:
over a milliard of users had no access
[1:41:11 PM] Khilia-chan~: they all were forced to have a life




Reply With Quote
  #19    
Old August 14th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Nimphious's Avatar
Nimphious
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Gender: Male
The red text in your topic makes it really difficult to read. I couldn't go through all of it...

However the map look absolutely huge, and the scripting is a nice change from all the actor methods I've seen floating around.

I'm sorry I can't say more about this, but I found it particularly taxing to look over the post, please consider using black instead of red, and don't use bold except where necessary. There's no reason to attempt to attract extra attention to your post, it's at the top of the thread!
Reply With Quote
  #20    
Old August 23rd, 2012, 12:05 PM
Kyain's Avatar
Kyain
The Sky High Pokémon
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Kyain
tbh actor method sucks...and I'm using a different theme right now (PokeBo[o]k)
ALSO!

UPDATE!
That's right, an UPDATE!
Now, I will assure you, this game isn't dead! Between life and other projects, I've been too busy to work on the engine. Though, for a couple of days now, I've been thinking: why not use game maker! Now some of you wisemouths will say "Game Maker + RPG = Disaster." Well people have done it before and are still doing it. Right now I'm using a few examples to guide me along with my own coding But! I have something to ask:

Is there any great Game Maker experienced people out there that aren't taken already?
Probably not. But! If there is, I'd like you to be proficient in GML and (maybe) be an avid Pokemon fan (not likely). Just popping in to say that this isn't dead!
__________________

Silver-tier supporter Kyain's Signature
There's nothing here...lol
My stuff:

Space for rent


lalalalala i can't hear you. FACT.
[context: facebook]
Quote:
over a milliard of users had no access
[1:41:11 PM] Khilia-chan~: they all were forced to have a life




Reply With Quote
  #21    
Old September 17th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Kyain's Avatar
Kyain
The Sky High Pokémon
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Kyain
UPDATE! Still chugging along on this. Things get rough and it's still a long way to go. Here's what's finished:
  • Walking
  • Running
  • Biking
  • Surfing
  • PGS (Pokemon Generation System)
  • Going to other maps
  • Talking to NPCs
I'll be attempting the menu soon. I'm also working on a few other games, so...yeah I'm a busy person
__________________

Silver-tier supporter Kyain's Signature
There's nothing here...lol
My stuff:

Space for rent


lalalalala i can't hear you. FACT.
[context: facebook]
Quote:
over a milliard of users had no access
[1:41:11 PM] Khilia-chan~: they all were forced to have a life




Reply With Quote
  #22    
Old September 17th, 2012, 11:15 PM
mjolnirIV's Avatar
mjolnirIV
Graphic Designer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New Zealand
Age: 20
Gender: Male
The screenshots look really cool and the game sounds quite interesting, I'll be looking forward to the release.
Reply With Quote
  #23    
Old December 7th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Kyain's Avatar
Kyain
The Sky High Pokémon
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Kyain
Update~!!

I'm starting this over on RM2000. Yes, I know it's bad to backtrack, but there's a few exclusive patches for it that'll make everything a lot easier to code. Mainly, for showing pictures. Guess what? I can now make the bag system a lot more like the main series Pokemon games' bag system. Also, anyone out there that can use scripts (Ruby/Sphere/etc.) to make images for the Pokemon names/attacks/other stuff? PM me!
__________________

Silver-tier supporter Kyain's Signature
There's nothing here...lol
My stuff:

Space for rent


lalalalala i can't hear you. FACT.
[context: facebook]
Quote:
over a milliard of users had no access
[1:41:11 PM] Khilia-chan~: they all were forced to have a life




Reply With Quote
  #24    
Old December 7th, 2012, 06:29 PM
yiliang99's Avatar
yiliang99
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
can I have the link for the rpg maker 2k3 version???I wish to download and use it.
__________________
This signature has been disabled.
Way too tall. No scroll bars allowed. 350 pixels is the max.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Reply With Quote
  #25    
Old December 7th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Kyain's Avatar
Kyain
The Sky High Pokémon
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Kyain
Quote:
Originally Posted by yiliang99 View Post
can I have the link for the rpg maker 2k3 version???I wish to download and use it.
No, because:
1. I lost the code;
2. It wasn't very...finished anyway, and I probably would've based the 2k version on the 2k3's code
__________________

Silver-tier supporter Kyain's Signature
There's nothing here...lol
My stuff:

Space for rent


lalalalala i can't hear you. FACT.
[context: facebook]
Quote:
over a milliard of users had no access
[1:41:11 PM] Khilia-chan~: they all were forced to have a life




Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 05:40 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.