The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 9th, 2012, 11:02 PM
bookworm29
Beginning Trainer

Sorry if I'm in the wrong place for this, but I Googled and Googled and nothing answered my question! My internal batteries ran dry on Ruby and Sapphire. My boyfriend soldered new ones (with tabs) to the boards for me and the message went away. The games still work, saved files and all. The clock runs when the game is off, I've downloaded the Berry Patch from FireRed (in fact, Ruby said it didn't need it), and my berries still won't grow! They grew well past 100 hours of play before the batteries died, but now they just stay as little lumps in the ground. Any ideas?
Old July 10th, 2012, 06:19 AM
Jak
mother of challenges

Nature: Timid
Yeah, when the batteries die in these games, the time based events, like growing berries or evolving Eevee into Umbreon/Espeon, no longer work. It's just stuck, but the game can still be played and saved unlike when batteries die in the older games. You can replace them I'm sure, but I really don't understand why anyone would bother at this point. Berries aren't that important. But perhaps Google replacing the battery in gen III games or even checking YouTube. I'm sure there are video tutorials, though of course buying a battery will be on your own time and money. Honestly though, if I were you, I just wouldn't worry about it. Berries aren't a huge loss, and as much as I love these games, it's two generations behind. So getting a lot of berries in gen III doesn't matter too much.
Old July 10th, 2012, 12:49 PM
bookworm29
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
Yeah, when the batteries die in these games, the time based events, like growing berries or evolving Eevee into Umbreon/Espeon, no longer work. It's just stuck, but the game can still be played and saved unlike when batteries die in the older games. You can replace them I'm sure, but I really don't understand why anyone would bother at this point. Berries aren't that important. But perhaps Google replacing the battery in gen III games or even checking YouTube. I'm sure there are video tutorials, though of course buying a battery will be on your own time and money. Honestly though, if I were you, I just wouldn't worry about it. Berries aren't a huge loss, and as much as I love these games, it's two generations behind. So getting a lot of berries in gen III doesn't matter too much.
Yeah I understand how the time works and stuff, but I did replace the battery and it still doesn't work. I like the older games better is all and it's just kind of a pain not to be able to use all the features.
Old July 11th, 2012, 07:13 AM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
Question: What is the difference, when catching a POKeMON in FRLG when the Balls spark or when the balls fade to grey after they struggle three times?
Old July 11th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Jak
mother of challenges

Quote:
Yeah I understand how the time works and stuff, but I did replace the battery and it still doesn't work. I like the older games better is all and it's just kind of a pain not to be able to use all the features.
True. I really dunno what to tell you about the battery though. :/ That's a pain that you did go through that trouble and it didn't work. Hopefully someone that understands the batteries better than me will come along and see your question. Also, you might consider asking in the Video Gaming forum. I don't know if there were other GBA games that needed a battery replacement, but chances are, there might be some more people that know about it in that forum. I might be wrong, but it's worth a shot, right? Just to be safe though, when you post, make sure you mention I sent you since I thought you'd have better luck there. It's still video game related so yeah. Hope you can get an answer.

Quote:
Question: What is the difference, when catching a POKeMON in FRLG when the Balls spark or when the balls fade to grey after they struggle three times?
I can't find anything on this. But I thought the yellow sparks thing was just something introduced in FRLG and carried over to games after that. It makes it easier to know if you got the Pokemon when the sparks come out. I haven't played FRLG in a long time, but I never noticed the PokeBall turning grey instead of emitting sparks, so...I just assumed this was an animation update.
Old July 11th, 2012, 03:50 PM
bookworm29
Beginning Trainer

[QUOTE=Sydian;7248545]

True. I really dunno what to tell you about the battery though. :/ That's a pain that you did go through that trouble and it didn't work. Hopefully someone that understands the batteries better than me will come along and see your question. Also, you might consider asking in the Video Gaming forum. I don't know if there were other GBA games that needed a battery replacement, but chances are, there might be some more people that know about it in that forum. I might be wrong, but it's worth a shot, right? Just to be safe though, when you post, make sure you mention I sent you since I thought you'd have better luck there. It's still video game related so yeah. Hope you can get an answer.

Thanks, I will see what I can find out.
Old July 15th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Themistocles
Beginning Trainer

I'm in the safari zone in Fire Red and I just came across an exeggcute that was yellow instead of the regular pink. When it appear on the screen a bunch of stars surrounded it and went away. Just wondering what this means...
Old July 15th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Keyaki

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Keyaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themistocles View Post
I'm in the safari zone in Fire Red and I just came across an exeggcute that was yellow instead of the regular pink. When it appear on the screen a bunch of stars surrounded it and went away. Just wondering what this means...
Its called a Shiny Pokemon

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shiny_Pokemon

You never heard of one have you?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 16th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Kanto_Johto
Never glimpse the truth

Nature: Bold
Question: The internal battery has run dry on my Sapphire. Is it still possible to evolve Feebas despite not being able to grow berries?
Old July 16th, 2012, 12:30 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto_Johto View Post
Question: The internal battery has run dry on my Sapphire. Is it still possible to evolve Feebas despite not being able to grow berries?
As long as you have enough berries to make enough Dry PokéBlock to max out its Beauty, then yes.
Old July 16th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Kanto_Johto
Never glimpse the truth

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
As long as you have enough berries to make enough Dry PokéBlock to max out its Beauty, then yes.
I have quite a lot of Chesto berries and will work on getting a Wiki berry when I can. Is that good enough if I blend them in Lilycove's contest hall?

Edit: Managed to evolve Feebas fairly easily. Thanks!

Last edited by Kanto_Johto; July 16th, 2012 at 04:25 PM.
Old July 30th, 2012, 02:23 PM
LuVrDiSC
pokéGirL Power !

Nature: Modest
i am trying to get a Gengar with the Hidden Power of Fire. now i understand it works off IV's but since im not a Genius Mathematician i dont understand this IV stuff AT ALL. im looking at the guide on smogon and it just makes my brain hurt.

soo...

to get a certain Hidden Power like Fire, is it based off all the Poké's IV's ? or just one, for example lets say Special Attack ?

PLZ HELP !!!!!!!
Old July 30th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Luigi-San
Decisions, Decisions...
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to Luigi-San Send a message via Skype™ to Luigi-San
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuVrDiSC View Post
i am trying to get a Gengar with the Hidden Power of Fire. now i understand it works off IV's but since im not a Genius Mathematician i dont understand this IV stuff AT ALL. im looking at the guide on smogon and it just makes my brain hurt.

soo...

to get a certain Hidden Power like Fire, is it based off all the Poké's IV's ? or just one, for example lets say Special Attack ?

PLZ HELP !!!!!!!
It's based on all of the IV's. Here's how to calculate it: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...er_calculation

And if you aren't strong with math, you can use one of these to do the calculation for you:

http://www.psypokes.com/dex/hp.php
http://www.legendarypokemon.net/javacalc.html

<--- Level these up!

<--- Join us!

Last edited by Luigi-San; July 30th, 2012 at 03:59 PM.
Old July 30th, 2012, 05:51 PM
LuVrDiSC
pokéGirL Power !

thanx for that.
so hows everyone getting Flawless IV's so easy ?
im calling them out and saying CHEAT DEVICES !
it's ok, your secrets are safe with me RoFFLz
Old July 30th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

Probably by RNGing, which is not hacking or cheating in any way, shape, or form.
Old July 30th, 2012, 11:03 PM
LuVrDiSC
pokéGirL Power !

im not to convinced. not that im saying RnG is hacking, im saying their using cheat devices :p
Old July 31st, 2012, 08:14 AM
Jak
mother of challenges

Well, that's not a nice thing to accuse people of. ;( Most people don't RNG in 3rd gen anyway I don't think, since it's more difficult. Either way though, if you wanna know more about it, you can check here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=275154 End of story.
Old July 31st, 2012, 12:08 PM
LuVrDiSC
pokéGirL Power !

im to stupid for this stuff. its like rocket science n stuff

so if someone has the smarts could they figure this out for me ?

say i catch a Timid Ghastly and i want it to have Hidden Power Fire

then what should it's stats look like ?

or is that to vague ?

Last edited by LuVrDiSC; July 31st, 2012 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 31st, 2012, 01:58 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

Hidden Power is determined by IVs, not by the stats you see. So...you can't just look at the stats and know what the IVs are and know "oh, this one has HP Fire." Going after certain HP in gen III just seems pointless really, unless you can RNG in that generation. And the only way you're gonna know your IVs is by using an Action Replay, because to my recollection, no one in gen III will tell you about your Pokemon's IVs.
Old July 31st, 2012, 02:47 PM
Luigi-San
Decisions, Decisions...
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to Luigi-San Send a message via Skype™ to Luigi-San
Quote:
And the only way you're gonna know your IVs is by using an Action Replay, because to my recollection, no one in gen III will tell you about your Pokemon's IVs.
There also exist some IV calculators:

http://www.serebii.net/games/iv-calc.shtml
http://veekun.com/dex/gadgets/stat_calculator
http://www.psypokes.com/dex/iv.php
http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Calculators/IV.aspx
http://www.legendarypokemon.net/javacalc.html
http://pokemon.marriland.com/iv
http://shaym.in/apps/iv_checker
http://waitingforseedot.appspot.com/ivs

<--- Level these up!

<--- Join us!
Old July 31st, 2012, 06:57 PM
LuVrDiSC
pokéGirL Power !

im kinda dumb when it comes to the Calculators too i am having a hard time grasping the whole IV thing or the RnG stuffs. i need a tutor lol.

i saw something about Pairing on this site. does anyone with expertise in Gen III want to pair with me and teach me a thing or two?
c'mon im a sweet gal
Old July 31st, 2012, 09:18 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

If you can't grasp the IV stuff, then don't bother. Same with RNG. Honestly, I don't see why you ask for help if you can't apply the answers that are given to you. And this isn't the place to find a pair.
Old August 1st, 2012, 01:15 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Hidden Power is determined by IVs, not by the stats you see. So...you can't just look at the stats and know what the IVs are and know "oh, this one has HP Fire." Going after certain HP in gen III just seems pointless really, unless you can RNG in that generation. And the only way you're gonna know your IVs is by using an Action Replay, because to my recollection, no one in gen III will tell you about your Pokemon's IVs.
In Emerald, at the Battle Frontier, there is a man who tells you a bit about your Pokémon's IVs, but it isn't anywhere near enough to find a Hidden Power from.
Old August 1st, 2012, 01:07 PM
LuVrDiSC
pokéGirL Power !

Quote:
If you can't grasp the IV stuff, then don't bother. Same with RNG. Honestly, I don't see why you ask for help if you can't apply the answers that are given to you. And this isn't the place to find a pair.
WTF attitudy much ? not even cool, damn. just trying to ask for some help and you gotta go get your panties all in a bunch ?
is there anyway to ignore members on here ?

but anyway, here's an easy question for you. i know you can migrate poké's from Gen III to Gen IV, but theres no way to migrate lets say a Roselia from S/S to L/G ?

Last edited by LuVrDiSC; August 1st, 2012 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 1st, 2012, 01:14 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuVrDiSC View Post
WTF attitudy much ? not even cool, damn. just trying to ask for some help and you gotta go get your panties all in a bunch ?
is there anyway to ignore members on here ?

but anyway, here's an easy question for you. i know you can migrate poké's from Gen III to Gen IV, but theres no way to migrate lets say a Roselia from S/S to L/G ?
Um, I believe you are the one with the attitude. You asked a question and you were given the answer.

As for your migration question the answer is no. Once a Pokemon has migrated to a further generation (i.e; LG to SS) it cannot go back (SS to LG)

1349 6159 4149 // 1174 [TSV]
(feel free to add)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links