The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 6th, 2012 (10:15 AM).
The Doctor
I've got new kidneys!
Community Supporter

Location: The planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous
Nature: Adamant
It really would not make sense for the Protagonists from the first games to have completely disappeared from Unova. I wonder if they will implement them into the sequels, maybe making Hilbert battleable in White 2 and Hilda in Black 2 or something, but for GameFreak to leave them out completely would be quite silly indeed.

Opinions?

IGN: Adam
Old July 6th, 2012 (10:36 AM).
Aquarius1997
The Horoscopical Master

Nature: Quirky
They wont appear at all because Gamefreak has that nagging fear that femenists or masculinists(yup we now have masculinists) are going to sue over Pokemon if the male or female character is not in the game

The Aquarius loves a party. Anytime, anywhere is their motto. It is not unlikely that an Aquarius will consider a wake a good place to meet chicks. Aquarians love to be naked. It is even better if they are naked and crocked. Froot Loops is a very Aquarian cereal. So is Rice Krispies, since it will engage in a friendly chat with the Aquarian as he or she is eating breakfast. Count Chocula is off-limits, however. It belongs to the Scorpios. Aquarians use the phrase "Dude, man..." frequently when describing philosophical concepts. Aquarians have out-of-body experiences on a daily basis. If you are talking to an Aquarian and he or she zones out, consider the conversation hopeless. He or she is talking to the guy three feet away from you. Aquarians are fun because they channel people. Plus, if you tell them to, they will run around naked. Aquarians like astronomy because they've been to all those places. If you want to know what the food is like on Saturn, ask an Aquarius. Aquarians can allow themselves every possible vice on the planet, and don't think twice about it. That is why they piss everyone else off. They are cosmically entitled to do this.
Old July 6th, 2012 (11:11 AM).
NeveUsedThunderBolt
Electric-Type Gym Leader

Nature: Jolly
In games, I pick Hilda as I'm a girl, but as appearances go, I much prefer Hilbert!
Ah well, as long as I get good, electric Pokémon, I don't care who I pick!
Old July 6th, 2012 (11:38 AM).
Twilight-kun
Pokémon World Champion - 2015-16

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Twilight-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Twilight-kun
Mm...they do have sprites, but that might be for WIFI Battles with people playing B/W (?)
Old July 6th, 2012 (12:18 PM).
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
There was a rumor that Hilda/Hilbert will appear in Join Avenue, but there was no confirmation on this. Otherwise no, they don't appear in the game at all. They are "Off Searching for N".

They have battle sprites because they can battle with B/W and I think you can link up for Battle Subway with B/W as well.
Old July 6th, 2012 (03:35 PM).
Kanto_Johto
Never glimpse the truth

Nature: Bold
I made a thread with exactly the same title as this, haha. I'm assuming since mine's a month old this thread is fine though.

I agree though, having Hilbert/Hilda completely absent from the sequels is outrageous. Red makes an appearance in G/S and HG/SS, and those games centred on exploring an entirely new region. And since our new protagonist managed to come across N during the storyline of B2/W2, Hilbert/Hilda clearly aren't doing a particularly good job in looking for him, so they may as well return and at least make a cameo appearance.
Old July 6th, 2012 (03:57 PM).
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
There was a rumor that Hilda/Hilbert will appear in Join Avenue, but there was no confirmation on this. Otherwise no, they don't appear in the game at all. They are "Off Searching for N".

They have battle sprites because they can battle with B/W and I think you can link up for Battle Subway with B/W as well.
Spoiler:
Actually, N is searching for them.

Isshu Link between Black/White and Black 2/White 2 and several characters will make several references to the Black/White player character.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old July 6th, 2012 (04:12 PM).
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Sotomura View Post
Spoiler:
Actually, N is searching for them.

Isshu Link between Black/White and Black 2/White 2 and several characters will make several references to the Black/White player character.
All the news up until they revealed N was in the game said that the Main Character from B/W were off far away looking for N, then N made his appearance which sent some fans into a frenzy cause they were demanding that the old Protags appear.

Can't find anywhere where it says N is searching for the old Protags.
Old July 6th, 2012 (04:16 PM).
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
Unless you play the games, you'll never see anything about it.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old July 7th, 2012 (01:22 PM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Well it seems the Join Avenue apperances might actually be due to connecting with BW and not actually a real reference.
"
Join Avenue: Despite Join Avenue not being in Black & White, when Black 2 & White 2 users communicate with Black & White users, the user's avatar will appear in Join Avenue wanting to open a shop or find a specific shop " -Source Serebii.
Old July 7th, 2012 (02:32 PM).
pokehearts
I like trains.

Nature: Naive
If Hilbert and Hilda did appear in the game, what would their team be? Obviously if the a fight with Hilbert/Hilda did appear, memory link would be used to determine whether Hilbert or Hilda did appear (depending if you picked a boy or a girl) and would also be used to copy he pokemon you beat the champion with. (If you beat Alder with Emboar, Zekrom, Watchhog, Hydreigon, Braviary, and Stoutland, Hilbert/Hilda would use those Pokemon to fight you with) I think that would be really cool.

Friend Codes:
White 2: 2538 1585 2551

The unofficial Train Master of the Pokecommunity
Old July 7th, 2012 (03:41 PM).
silverexorcist
Individualism in Normalcy!

In Platinum, the Battle Tower Frontier, who is your rival's father in all Sinnoh based fourth generation games, mentions when you fight him that he knew your father as a child and that they were attacked by wild Starly, which happened in Diamond and pearl, but not Platinum. I suspect that we won't be seeing much aside from a small allusion like this in Black 2 and White 2. Although I fear that it will be like HG and SS where the former female character just vanished and was replaced entirely.... T.T
Old July 8th, 2012 (06:31 PM).
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
The worst part is that they were the best designed protagonists to date. They haven't even had a movie cameo. What's GameFreak on?
Old July 9th, 2012 (07:16 AM).
Kevin
kevin del rey
Community Supporter

I wish they would appear. :(

Better yet, it would be cool to see them as champions. Although their lines and team would be awkward to create.
Old July 9th, 2012 (08:53 AM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I'm just glad they are acknowledged as existing in the games because the FireRed and LeafGreen's female protagonist's existence was completely forgotten in HeartGold and SoulSilver.
Old July 9th, 2012 (09:30 AM).
pokehearts
I like trains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny Demon View Post
I wish they would appear.

Better yet, it would be cool to see them as champions. Although their lines and team would be awkward to create.
No doubt the lines would be hard to create, I just wouldn't have them talk, like Red in HG/SS. And the teams could be created using Memory Link, It would take the team you beat the Champion with, buff the levels if needed, add more moves and copy your fighting style throughout the game. and BOOM! you've got yourself a battle with Hilbert/Hilda/Whatever you named them

Friend Codes:
White 2: 2538 1585 2551

The unofficial Train Master of the Pokecommunity
Old July 9th, 2012 (11:12 AM).
SoraTheTruth

doubt they completely dissapeared from the series they'll probably do like gold silver and crystal where you battle Red after beating the Kanto gyms or something like that.
Old July 9th, 2012 (01:55 PM).
Khrysta

Hilbert and Hilda have yet to be discovered and so far isn't programmed as battleable unlike Cheren and Bianca with Unova Link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraTheTruth View Post
doubt they completely dissapeared from the series they'll probably do like gold silver and crystal where you battle Red after beating the Kanto gyms or something like that.
No unfortunately that role was given to N who is battleable once a Month and has a different Weather team each battle.
Old July 10th, 2012 (01:45 AM).
Haseyo
쏘쿨

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
I'm just glad they are acknowledged as existing in the games because the FireRed and LeafGreen's female protagonist's existence was completely forgotten in HeartGold and SoulSilver.
To be fair, the original games only had the male choice, so it would be so extra to add / twist a bunch of dialog just to make that one change.

I was hoping the old protags would appear in PWT, but oh well. Who knows, there may be a B3/W3
Old July 10th, 2012 (02:44 AM).
C_r_e_a_m_p_u_f_f

... but wont it be weird that Hilbert/Hilda from B/W have already caught Zekrom/Reshiram and we can catch Zekrom/Reshiram from B2/W2?
Old July 10th, 2012 (02:56 AM).
Haseyo
쏘쿨

I think it is assumed that they released them, or perhaps never caught them to begin with, only used it for the fight vs N. Were we able to just defeat Resh/Zek at N's Castle in B/W? I always restarted if I failed to catch it, I dunno if N says you -have- to which I think would be strange if we did.

I want to say it's assumed in each game you didn't catch the legendaries. For example, in FR/LG you can get the birds + Mewtwo. In HG/SS, you can get them again.

Either:

A) They are breedin' like mofos
B) Each previous protag doesn't catch them story-wise.
Old July 10th, 2012 (03:42 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haseyo View Post
I think it is assumed that they released them, or perhaps never caught them to begin with, only used it for the fight vs N. Were we able to just defeat Resh/Zek at N's Castle in B/W? I always restarted if I failed to catch it, I dunno if N says you -have- to which I think would be strange if we did.
You HAD to catch Reshiram/Zekrom in order to continue. Even if we were to defeat the dragon, it would just respawn =)

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 10th, 2012 (07:27 AM).
Haseyo
쏘쿨

Well then, they breedin' like mofos.
Old July 10th, 2012 (10:28 AM).
Ghiaccio
Ace Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_r_e_a_m_p_u_f_f View Post
... but wont it be weird that Hilbert/Hilda from B/W have already caught Zekrom/Reshiram and we can catch Zekrom/Reshiram from B2/W2?
Spoiler:
I am pretty sure that N releases his dragon (so in Black 2, he releases Zekrom, as he had Zekrom in Black 1) and that's the one that you catch, while Hilbert/Hilda still has their dragon
Old July 10th, 2012 (10:42 AM).
Haseyo
쏘쿨

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghiaccio View Post
Spoiler:
I am pretty sure that N releases his dragon (so in Black 2, he releases Zekrom, as he had Zekrom in Black 1) and that's the one that you catch, while Hilbert/Hilda still has their dragon
Derp, I just remembered that. You're right. Funny thing is I JUST left that area too.

Spoiler:
He doesn't release it, you just defeat him in his destroyed castle, returning Zekrom (B2) or Reshy (W2) to its orb form, and you can return to Dragon Spiral Tower to catch it yourself.

Sponsored Links