The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Old July 9th, 2012 (10:24 AM).
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Nature: Quirky
Well the GS ball is what you are supposed to get there, you should take it to Kurt if you haven't already. I'm not on my laptop right now to double check the scripts, but I want to remember making it so you get that wing in Kanto (and you don't need the other wing for Lugia, he is part of another event).

Old July 9th, 2012 (10:42 AM).
Dimebag

Nature: Gentle
yeah but the stairway to climb the tower was open when i first got to tin tower...and i have celebi
Old July 9th, 2012 (12:59 PM).
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

I'm sure that's going to be a case of him being hidden by the wrong flag. Shouldn't really hinder getting Ho-oh normally I would think, but would be confusing.

Old July 10th, 2012 (02:58 AM).
Dimebag

If you find any solution please send me a message ....One way or another i prefer lugia...I can progress without ho oh right ?
Old July 10th, 2012 (09:37 AM).
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

You can absolutely progress without getting Ho-oh. But it looks like that's all it is, the elder is disappearing too early, so the game is doing the same thing it would if you had deposited the Rainbow Wing in your PC after getting it and trying to battle him- You can get up there, but he doesn't show up because you don't have the wing with you.

And also, Lugia is not found in Whirl Islands anymore, as they are flooded.

Old July 10th, 2012 (11:51 AM).
Dimebag

But i can still catch lugia through an event right ?
Old July 10th, 2012 (12:19 PM).
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Right. It's part of an event on South Isle. For the event to start though, you have to meet someone in Kanto that mentions going to a festival on South Isle.

Old July 10th, 2012 (11:57 PM).
Dimebag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
Right. It's part of an event on South Isle. For the event to start though, you have to meet someone in Kanto that mentions going to a festival on South Isle.
ok then i will get back to work after doing my homework today....but i am still angry with that elder.....and Ho-Oh
Old July 11th, 2012 (08:23 AM).
godlesplay

how are evolving kadabra, growlite and other pokemons ?
Old July 11th, 2012 (09:40 AM).
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

@gam3r! - He should work fine once you get the Rainbow Wing haha.

@godlesplay - Well the pokemon that evolved with stones like Growlithe still evolve the same way, the new Pokemon that were added have their evolutions listed in the first post, And you can still trade if you go to the GTS on South Isle.

For convenience, I'll probably add methods that don't involve trading in the Halloween Hack, and probably add them to this if enough bugs surface to warrant another bug fix patch.

Old July 11th, 2012 (07:16 PM).
Dr. James
Experimenting

Nature: Relaxed
Hey Mateo, great game! Just a question though.

It's not about the game, but the story itself. You say - and the hack shows - that the original Pokemon Gold's events have already happened. If that is the case, then who stopped Team Rocket that time around? It couldn't have been Gold, because he starts his adventure in this game. So it should have been someone else, besides Lance.

By the way, I created an article for this hack at the Pokehacks wiki (which is kinda new). Check it out. http://pokehacks.wikia.com/wiki/Pok%...Christmas_Hack

Cya
Old July 11th, 2012 (08:27 PM). Edited July 11th, 2012 by Mateo.
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Glad you enjoyed it! And that is an excellent question. While I never actually gave an official answer for that in the hack, I've sort of played it off as if Lyra from Heart Gold was the one that did it. The Rival's default name is Kris, and has the appearance of the original girl from Crystal, but Gamefreak seems to act like Lyra and Kris are two different people so this could work. Admittedly, Kris does borrow some elements of her character from Lyra, but just as many from May (She's the professor's daughter like May, but she started with Marill like Lyra did, and her personality is inspired slightly by both of them).

I figure I will try to address this better in the Halloween Hack, as it will chronologically occur between Gold and the Christmas Hack. In fact, the Cooltrainer you fight in the secret base near Lake of Rage represents the player from the upcoming Halloween Hack.

But again, I've worked off the assumption that Lyra was the one who did it over the summer in Gold/Heart Gold version.

Also:
Spoiler:
Speaking of continuity and female players, since RED is the champion, the final trainer is Leaf.

EDIT: Nice work on the wiki article. It looks as though these were based on the version before the "Bug Fix + Final Trainer" update, since it doesn't mention the Final Trainer, and I believe the Togepi Egg references and bird glitch were fixed in that one. But over all, very nice! Thanks for taking the time to put that up.

Old July 11th, 2012 (10:17 PM).
Dimebag

Quote:
@gam3r! - He should work fine once you get the Rainbow Wing haha.

@godlesplay - Well the pokemon that evolved with stones like Growlithe still evolve the same way, the new Pokemon that were added have their evolutions listed in the first post, And you can still trade if you go to the GTS on South Isle.

For convenience, I'll probably add methods that don't involve trading in the Halloween Hack, and probably add them to this if enough bugs surface to warrant another bug fix patch.
Hope it will work with the rainbow wing
Old July 12th, 2012 (12:10 AM).
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gam3r! View Post
Hope it will work with the rainbow wing
It should. I don't remember having any trouble catching him with it during testing. I just never realized the Elder let you up there too soon because, well, I didn't try until I had the wing haha.

Old July 12th, 2012 (12:47 AM).
Dimebag

My bad lol....i was just curious
Old July 12th, 2012 (01:02 AM).
godlesplay

when will you make version where all pokemons are evolving via level up not via stones or trade ?
Old July 12th, 2012 (01:30 AM).
Dimebag

Quote:
Originally Posted by godlesplay View Post
when will you make version where all pokemons are evolving via level up not via stones or trade ?
I think that Mateo is going to add this " feature" on the new Halloween hack or on this if more bugs show up
Old July 12th, 2012 (01:40 AM).
godlesplay

so I must do it myself...
Old July 12th, 2012 (09:07 AM).
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

@godlesplay - Trade evolutions will be replaced in the Halloween Hack, and I'll probably make an optional patch you can apply to this one (Soon-ish) that will replace trade evolutions as well.

As for stone evolutions, I will not be replacing those with level up. This would be somewhat pointless, especially since I have made it so you can buy the stones like you did in RBY which removed the "stones are super rare" annoyance of original GSC. So yes, if you want stone evolutions replaced with level up, you would have to do this yourself.

Old July 12th, 2012 (09:13 AM).
godlesplay

I changed evolution of growlite,onix,kadabra and vulpix and I must say that Onix ( after Steelix) is very weak ( 50lvl and know rock throw from ~10 lvl )
Old July 12th, 2012 (09:30 AM).
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

That's odd, Steelix should still be learning moves unless you somehow messed up when editing his evolution so that it doesn't load his moves anymore. These are the moves he should be learning.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...By_leveling_up

All I can say is, if you are hacking my hack, I can't really help you because all I know is what I've done, I can't say what will change when other people start poking around with it. That would be like asking Gamefreak for help when you get stuck in Brown Version.

Old July 12th, 2012 (09:34 AM).
godlesplay

But arcanine learned extremespeed and flamethrower when I changed his evolution too
Old July 12th, 2012 (09:48 AM).
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

He would have learned Extremespeed anyway if you had evolved him by stone. Flamethrower I don't understand since that shouldn't be in his skill list, unless you had him evolve right after growlithe learned it or something.

Please do not complain if something isn't working the way you want it to since you are hacking my hack to do things I didn't intend for it to do. I don't mean to be rude, but I really cannot help you since these are not changes I intend to make and I can't be sure what all you are doing when you change them.

If you want him to learn new moves, go ahead and make him learn some new moves. You may as well, you're already changing the evolutions and stuff too and the moves he learns are stored right after his evolution data. Basically, if you insist on hacking my hack, don't expect me to really support it or help you figure out how to make my hack do something I didn't want it to. That just isn't reasonable.

Like I said, I will make a patch that replaces Trade evolutions, and if I find any problems when I change that, I'll fix them in the patch.

Old July 12th, 2012 (05:40 PM).
Dr. James
Experimenting

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
EDIT: Nice work on the wiki article. It looks as though these were based on the version before the "Bug Fix + Final Trainer" update, since it doesn't mention the Final Trainer, and I believe the Togepi Egg references and bird glitch were fixed in that one. But over all, very nice! Thanks for taking the time to put that up.
No problem. I hadn't seen the Bug Fix + Final Trainer IPS, I downloaded it and it's great. Some questions though.

- In that version, is Mewtwo still catchable?
- Why is Elm still talking about the Togepi Egg?

Cya
Old July 12th, 2012 (06:54 PM). Edited July 12th, 2012 by Mateo.
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Yep, Mewtwo is still catchable. Also, which thing is he still saying about the egg? Is it a phone call dialogue that I missed, or is it something he says in the lab? That will make it quicker for me to go to it and change it.

EDIT: Oh wait, he does mention the egg at one point after you get it from the Daycare couple. I think he or the daycare couple are supposed to indicate that they talked about it to explain why he knows.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links