The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 12th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birthday Thunder View Post
I think you took my post a little too seriously there friend. ^__^ I'm so sorry that my opinion generated such a reaction from you. That's not what I meant for it to do, as I strictly remember the OP asking what our individual thoughts were on the shiny charm. All I did was state my opinion, and what do you know? I get flamed for it.

I can tell your one of those people who expect to get a shiny with no REAL effort and are probably looking forward to the charm, and that's ok with me. You don't need to defend yourself by calling the game a kids game or implying that I have no life because I hunt for the shinies during long road trips or while I'm watching TV. Yeah, that really sounds like I'm a hermit who's life revolves around pokemon.

All in all, I dont want to start an argument with you. We both have our opinions and I respect you for yours. Please just remember not to call me out for following the thread's rules next time OK? ^__~
Hi, next time, if you feel offended by a post, report it. By responding you are 1) Baiting the other person so yes you want to start an argument,
2) are are being rude yourself and are not following the thread rules.

Also yes there is still a great deal of work to get shinys even with the charm. There are people in this thread that have said this.

The Charm also does not compare to the Poke Radar which lowered the Shiny Encounter rate to 1 in 200 with a chain of 40, so the charm has not made it any easier to get shinys than in the past.
Old July 12th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Birthday Thunder
Venus

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Birthday Thunder
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Hi, next time, if you feel offended by a post, report it. By responding you are 1) Baiting the other person so yes you want to start an argument,
2) are are being rude yourself and are not following the thread rules.

Also yes there is still a great deal of work to get shinys even with the charm. There are people in this thread that have said this.

The Charm also does not compare to the Poke Radar which lowered the Shiny Encounter rate to 1 in 200 with a chain of 40, so the charm has not made it any easier to get shinys than in the past.
Ok, will do. Thanks for telling me. I seriously wasn't trying to bait him by the way. That isn't really my thing, you know? I feel more mature than that. Sorry if my post sounded sarcastic and bait-ish because I never meant for it to sound that way.

3DS FC for X and Y: 2766 8490 0653
Old July 13th, 2012, 06:08 AM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
GS had a Gyarados of all things!
And then Crystal essentially gave us an egg with one out of the 7 pokemon who got pre-evolutions with a basically guaranteed shiny chance.

BW2 gives us a Haxorus of all things (but you actually have to do some pokemon catching for it)
and then a free shiny Gible, if you manage to beat the White Forest/Black City facility, which isn't as easy as it sounds either.

The shiny charm and the masuda method are nothing compared to the pokeradar.
Merely raising the chance to about 0,1% is still not making it anywhere close to common.
Ive bred about 1k Ralts eggs once, maybe with these tools one would have been shiny, but it took so long I gave up.
Old July 18th, 2012, 10:42 AM
iRyahn

Nature: Adamant
The first Pokemon game I got was Pokemon Yellow, i've been playing pretty much from the very beginning and have played several different Pokemon games (Yellow, Blue, FR, HS, Black, Ruby, Sapphire, Gold, Silver, Diamond, and now Black 2) throughout all of these games I have gotten to the E4 and pretty much quit at the post game mark, sometimes restarting the game. Usually on average I play each game at least 3 times each to the E4. Throughout all this play time I have STILL never seen or caught a shiny (bar things like Shiny Gyarados.) I'll admit I never purposely looked for shinies, but the chances of not even encountering one in all that time? If they make it a tiny bit easier to encounter them then I think that is a good thing for somebody like me who has played this long and still never encountered one.
Old July 18th, 2012, 11:55 AM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
Well yes, I think it's getting a bit easier to get Shiny Pokemon, especially in Black 2/White 2, considering there's two definite Shiny Pokemon (as opposed to Gyarados in the Johto games), and obviously due to the Shiny Charm. I don't really think it's an issue- I don't think they're going to make it too easy to get them. I mean unlike in the Johto games, where Gyarados MUST be battled to progress in the story and in Crystal the (Shiny) Egg is basically handed to you, in B2W2 you have to accomplish certain things to actually obtain the event Shiny Pokemon, and I don't think anyone can argue the effort required to get the Shiny Charm.
So with that in mind, once you achieve these things then it's going to be easier to get Shiny Pokemon, but actually achieving these things is no real easy matter.

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old July 25th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Galdr
ドラゴンのおうじ

Nature: Jolly
I think the increased chances are good, in my opinion. Getting them legitimately, of course. Because the Pokeradar doesn't exist in BW2, they made another way to do this. Personally I don't mind. But I wish the Pokeradar came back or another form of it.

But I think Nintendo will like "ban" shinies from tournaments because of this. This is my opinion, of course. I've been using the Masuda Method for a long time (since HeartGold) so I think this is a good opportunity. Someone said that before, so I agree.
Old July 25th, 2012, 09:04 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
There really isn't a reason to Ban a shiny. Their stats aren't different and they pose no game threat outside of their normal parameters. And its not like a lot of the ones that know how to RNG or Shiny hunt don't go with full teams of shinies anyway.
Old July 25th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Galdr
ドラゴンのおうじ

Hm, you just never know. It was just opinion, though. But it'll seem pretty stupid if they did ban shinies from official tournaments. In all honesty, it just seemed likely because a lot of people would have them and everything.

On a side note, I'm exactly 105 Pokemon away from completing the national dex on Black 2 to get the shiny charm. Half of them I don't even know or bother trying to go find, lol. This doesn't include Keldeo and Meloetta.

Anyway, I still think this is good for those who can't seem to run into shinies at all.
Old July 27th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Rhea2x5g
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
Well first, I'd like to say that it's NOT easy to what it sounds like. [You have to get the shiny charm after you complete the Pokedex? Sounds hard.] How will you even obtain all the Pokemon in the game? By trading? I don't think you'll want to catch almost every Pokemon in this game. I don't.
Old July 28th, 2012, 04:24 AM
Ciax
Ledian Used Starlight!

Nature: Sassy
They are getting a bit easier, but the thing that ticks me off a little bit is that they just put a shiny Haxorus in the game. Now everyone who has spent the hundreds or thousands of hours trying to get one has pretty much been spat in the face.
Old July 28th, 2012, 10:27 AM
JoshWilson2k10
Beginning Trainer

IMO pokemon shiny pokemon are better being incredibly hard to find Back in leaf green i found a shiny abra after about 6 days of training and searching i found it! The feeling afterwards was amazing and the patience and the commitment made it feel a whole lot better :D
Old July 28th, 2012, 11:31 AM
voicerocker
Psyduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciax View Post
They are getting a bit easier, but the thing that ticks me off a little bit is that they just put a shiny Haxorus in the game. Now everyone who has spent the hundreds or thousands of hours trying to get one has pretty much been spat in the face.
Not really. If people decided to spend that much time to get 1 Pokemon, that's their problem. (I've never found a shiny when actually trying to.) What about all the people who don't have any shiny Pokemon? Now they can have one of their own too. Some people aren't lucky enough to come across a shiny.

Pokemon White 2 Team:
Old July 28th, 2012, 03:51 PM
이큐리
#nofilter
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
I think it's great that its a bit easier for the people who can't RNG/have never had the chance to run into random shinies. I'm a shiny addict myself, so the easier the better. :3
Old August 4th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Patchy
-

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Patchy
I think it's fair. At first I was annoyed (even though I RNG lol) because I'd spent hours in DPP using the Pokeradar and learning how to do it wasn't easy either, but it's quite fair that GF give a few shinies out I think. I know if the RNG was never cracked I'd be beyond elated for this anyway! :P

I still think something like the Pokeradar might've been fairer though. I know it reduced it to a 1/40 chance or something but at least you had to work for it - not that completing the dex isnt work, but you can't AR your way to a 40 chain.

I already have a shiny haxorus but I will have to catch that one, knowing it's just sitting there waiting would kill me hahaha.
Old August 4th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Mateshard005

I don't care for shinys because all it is the same Pokemon, just a different color and sparkly graphics. I mean I would catch one if I found one, but what difference would it make?
Old August 17th, 2012, 11:52 PM
Bourne-mouth
Trainer

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Spectrum View Post
I feel the actual rate isn't increasing - but the inevitable encounters of shiny Pokemon are. But the increase is so little it's negligible, and I do enjoy shinies :3
I second this motion.

The special Pokemon shinies do amuse me, though.
Old September 7th, 2012, 01:42 PM
chaoticlapras
Ziggy Stardust

Nature: Lonely
Well, I am plased to hear that. I have layed pokemon for years, completed Green, Red, Yellow, Crystal, Ruby, Emerald, Firered, Diamond, Platinum, Heartgold, Black. Each of which I completed five times. I grind considerably, havinga team of 6 level75 pokemon before E4. I have never seen a shiny (bar the red gyarados). I have had nine critical balls on my black though. Caught Reshiram with one on a normal pokeball, Kyurem with one on a quick ball. Well, all these pokedex completions eem tiring, but it should be easier, since I have accsess to 400 already.

Find me on RPG Maker forums http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index....chaoticlapras/
I'm more active there than on here, if you need me drop me a PM or something.

Give me cookies or die...
Old September 7th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Mochi

Nature: Sassy
I do like that they're becoming more easily accessible, but it does kind of take the novelty out of them.

Old September 8th, 2012, 03:09 AM
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

Yeah, the rate of finding them is getting a bit fairer. I think GameFreak realises, the chances are insane and are trying to boost it up to make it a tiny bit easier for everyone.
. :p
Old September 8th, 2012, 09:38 AM
pokepokeball
Beginning Trainer

I don't think so. It's like a 1/8000 chance or something

I have a shiny Rayquaza! It's really cool

Last edited by pokepokeball; September 8th, 2012 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old September 8th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Blue Emerald
One of life's great mysteries

Nature: Naive
Personally, I don't mind that shinies are getting easier to find. I only try to get shinies if I like the color, like orange Chandelure or green Bulbasaur. If the shiny color looks worse on them than the original color, then I just don't bother with them.
Old September 8th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Blues-Music
Pokemon researcher

Nature: Calm
Yeah.I also know a way to get a great chance of getting them.When you have the item that makes shinies appear easier use the masuda method.Which is breading two pokemon from different countries.Using the masuda method gives a bigger chance of it being a shiny.Having the shiny item will make the chance even bigger.
Old September 9th, 2012, 05:27 PM
o Pikachu o
Pikachu

Nature: Relaxed
They are getting easier to find. Shiny Gible, Shiny Dratini and Shiny Haxorus. Not to mention Shiny Charm (Well tbh you need all 649 PKMN to get that item so that balances it out). There has also been quite a few events with shinies
Old September 9th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
I don't really think they're becoming easier to get. I've only seen 2 Shiny Pokemon myself, set-shiny Pokemon not counted. I don't think that by making specific Pokemon shiny they're making them "easier" to get because everyone can have that Haxorus, just as everyone has that Gyarados, so it's not really that special tbh.
Old September 11th, 2012, 09:54 AM
SoulSilver10112
George the Poliwag

Agreed its getting to easy to get a shiny, but lots of people would really want to catch or hatch one, so they know they worked hard to get it.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links