The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Is the white 3Ds XL too noticeable when playing the game?
Yes, incredibly. You should go for a black screen. 1 6.25%
Yeah, you should probably go for something else. 6 37.50%
Nah, it's fine. 9 56.25%
WHA- The white version is the best! 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 28th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Mr. X
Oops
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet

Advertise here
You should defiently get SMT Devil Survivor Overclocked, and (if they make this) SMT Devil Survivor 2 Overclocked.

Come play Runescape
Old July 12th, 2012, 07:24 PM
MadisonHoratio
Beginning Trainer

How much money would i get if i trade my wii into game?
i have the everything
-the wii, its box, senser, holder(for the wii), remote,wii fit board and 2 games wii fit cd, and mariokart.
Old July 12th, 2012, 11:45 PM
Alinthea
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Moved into Quick Questions.

It completely depends on the company that you are trading it into. However, you aren't look at much, £40 cash and £50 trade in, maybe. I haven't checked in a long time.
Old July 13th, 2012, 12:56 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonHoratio View Post
How much money would i get if i trade my wii into game?
i have the everything
-the wii, its box, senser, holder(for the wii), remote,wii fit board and 2 games wii fit cd, and mariokart.
If everything is in good condition then I'd say you're looking at about £80 trade-in and maybe around £60-70 cash. Game aren't the best when it comes to trading in. Everything has to be literally in excellent condition to get cash.
Old July 15th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
Dead Space/Dead Space 2. Is it a game worth getting? (I'm a HUGE Resident Evil fan, and heard that it's similar to it)

Also, does it matter if I don't get the first and only the second?
Old July 19th, 2012, 03:00 PM
BBA_Beyblader_321
♥ the abbey boys

Nature: Sassy
I just got the game~ I'M COMPLETELY NEW TO GAMING.
So would anyone else know which class would be best? I'm stuck between Scout or Mage. Or which of those classes are best? Positives, negatives.... heeeeelp?
Really...? It says this thing has got 184 views so far... There's GOT to be someone on here!!!

Last edited by BBA_Beyblader_321; July 19th, 2012 at 09:41 PM.
Old July 20th, 2012, 03:34 AM
Alinthea
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Merged into Quick Questions.
I am afraid I can't help, but hopefully someone else might be able to.
Old July 20th, 2012, 03:43 AM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBA_Beyblader_321 View Post
I just got the game~ I'M COMPLETELY NEW TO GAMING.
So would anyone else know which class would be best? I'm stuck between Scout or Mage. Or which of those classes are best? Positives, negatives.... heeeeelp?
Really...? It says this thing has got 184 views so far... There's GOT to be someone on here!!!
Well a Scout and a Mage are very different in any game, really. Mage's are more of long distance fighters, they generally have lower defense, HP, and Physical Attack, but they are versatile and have strong (and elemental) spells (such as healing spells, protective spells, and attack spells), they are often good for playing with other people, but you can solo the game yourself. Scouts, on the other hand, are a mesh between short and long range but aren't adept in magic. They have more HP and physical attack than mages but aren't as strong as dedicated physical characters.
Old August 7th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Sydian
Reserved for Syd's house - Nook Homes

Nature: Timid
This might be odd, so bear with me. But I just bought a Game Boy Color and the start button is like...well I have to dig my thumbnail into it for it to work lol. Also, though not as important, the D-pad is a bit stiff. Are GBCs always like this or will these buttons loosen up over time as I play it more? I didn't have a GBC when I was younger, so lol thought I'd ask. Thanks in advance! Sorry that this is an unconventional question, haha.
Old August 7th, 2012, 10:15 AM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
This might be odd, so bear with me. But I just bought a Game Boy Color and the start button is like...well I have to dig my thumbnail into it for it to work lol. Also, though not as important, the D-pad is a bit stiff. Are GBCs always like this or will these buttons loosen up over time as I play it more? I didn't have a GBC when I was younger, so lol thought I'd ask. Thanks in advance! Sorry that this is an unconventional question, haha.
After repeated use it will start to loosen, it's nothing to worry about.
Old August 7th, 2012, 01:26 PM
ArtsyPokemon
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Calm
Well, I have recently gotten back into obsessing over Pokemon, I was thinking of getting a GameBoy Advanced at Gamestop for like 20-30 dollars.
I have a DSi XL that i love :) but sadly it doesnt come with a GameBoy game slot. (BOO!)
SO I ask all of you if i should get one.
(if this is in the wrong forum please tell me, I'm still figuring out where everything goes)
Old August 7th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Dynomuff
Beginning Trainer

Hello There!

You can buy a Gameboy Emulator for PC and play pokemon for free, any game on your PC

Check out my youtube channel Dynomuff for More information or help setting one up.
Old August 7th, 2012, 09:33 PM
ArtsyPokemon
Unhatched Egg

I dont really want it for the computer though. I mean.. i could but i prefer to use a console for it.
Old August 7th, 2012, 10:01 PM
Pokemon Trainer UV
Attractively foolish

Nature: Serious
"Buy" a Gameboy emulator? LOL

Anyways, you can find a Gameboy for really cheap prices in Swap Meets or in Flea Markets. I've found plenty of them.
That or you could just buy one online.

As for your question, first answer this: "So I'm just gonna have game cartridges for nothing?"
Old August 7th, 2012, 10:29 PM
Sydian

I would get a Game Boy SP. Hate to knock my most nostalgic handheld, but once you get something with a backlight, it's hard as hell to go back to old handheld consoles without one. So if you can get an SP, that would be the better option. Plays Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy Advance games like a pro because it has a backlight. Only problem would be locating a charger.

btw, I totally understand the feeling of wanting to play games on the real deal console. I am not a fan of emulators at all. There's something quite nice about holding the console or controller in your hand and playing it the way it's supposed to be played. :)
Old August 7th, 2012, 11:55 PM
awolfsquared
Network connectivity problems.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
I suggest you get an SP like Sydian said. I just got one back in December and remember first turning it on to play my Sapphire. I had a GBA but that broke on me and it took a while for me to adjust to how bright the backlight was. It's also not as bright as the DS's backlight which is also why it felt so different, but the GBA doesn't have a very bright screen and can't be played in the dark without a light accessory.
I had one of the twisty kinds for my Game Boy Color.(also known as a worm light)
Spoiler:

It's a little less cheaper to buy a SP which was a backlight built in than buy a GBA and a light accessory IMO. Plus it can play Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy Advanced games just like the GBA.

"I have no idea what I'm doing. but I know I'm doing it really, really well."- Andy Dwyer
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old August 8th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
I would get a Game Boy SP. Hate to knock my most nostalgic handheld, but once you get something with a backlight, it's hard as hell to go back to old handheld consoles without one. So if you can get an SP, that would be the better option. Plays Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy Advance games like a pro because it has a backlight. Only problem would be locating a charger.

btw, I totally understand the feeling of wanting to play games on the real deal console. I am not a fan of emulators at all. There's something quite nice about holding the console or controller in your hand and playing it the way it's supposed to be played. :)
I'm gonna second this, but try going to a used games dealer rather than a pawn shop because most stores like such require you bring the system's charger so the next person that owns it will be able to pick it up and start playing.

Plus, a distinct advantage of the GBASP is that you can fold it shut and stick it in your pocket easily, whereas other models can't do that as easily, if at all.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old August 8th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Sydian

Quote:
It's a little less cheaper to buy a SP which was a backlight built in than buy a GBA and a light accessory IMO. Plus it can play Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy Advanced games just like the GBA.
Even though the worm light is cheaper (I had two...I hate that I can't find them though!), I found it unhelpful and a bit of a nuisance, especially for GBA games which have a bigger screen. The worm light only illuminates a small spectrum (lol like Flash in RSE!) and gets a lot of glares. Granted, it's been years since I've used one.

Anyway, if I bought an original Green Version, would it work on my American Game Boy? Or Color, Advance, SP, whichever I play it on, lol.

And speaking of regional things, if I bought a French 3DS game from Quebec, would that still be in the same region as the USA? Or would the region lock get me when I play it on my 3DS? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Sydian; August 8th, 2012 at 03:51 PM.
Old August 8th, 2012, 03:14 PM
ArtsyPokemon
Unhatched Egg

Thanks for all the help guys
Where could i get the GBA SP? Or should i just get the GB...
Im terrible at making decisions haha. It was hard to just pick my starter Pokemon too.
Old August 8th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Sydian

You can find SPs at local gaming stores if you have any, and possibly GameStop though I wouldn't bank on it. You might have luck online, though if you choose to buy one offline, Amazon would be your better choice.
Old August 8th, 2012, 03:58 PM
ArtsyPokemon
Unhatched Egg

Well, I found a solution (if i don't get the GBA later) because i have a DS Lite that i had for about 4-5 years and the touch screen broke, i mean if you want to touch then it will take a while or won't happen. BUT as we all know GBA games had no touch screen (way to state the obvious -.-) and i can use it for GB games!! WOO! :D
Although, i may get a GB or GBA SP cause the screen is all flimsy and such...
Anywho, thanks for the help guys :) I wouldve bought anything...
Now... What Pokemon game to get >:)
Old August 8th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Algo Fonix
oh god

If you do end up getting an SP, be sure to get an AGS-101, the screen on it is much better than the 001.
Old August 8th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Anyway, if I bought an original Green Version, would it work on my American Game Boy? Or Color, Advance, SP, whichever I play it on, lol.

And speaking of regional things, if I bought a French 3DS game from Quebec, would that still be in the same region as the USA? Or would the region lock get me when I play it on my 3DS? Thanks in advance!
Gameboy systems don't have built-in region locking, so you'll be fine.

As for the 3DS, I found a useful region map today that lists all the regions and what games you can play.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old August 21st, 2012, 08:50 AM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
Any good co op campaign games I can play with my sister? She's the cool type who likes stuff like Resident Evil 5 (which I have) but anything's welcome. Suggestions?
Old August 21st, 2012, 08:57 AM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodex View Post
Any good co op campaign games I can play with my sister? She's the cool type who likes stuff like Resident Evil 5 (which I have) but anything's welcome. Suggestions?
That depends, what systems do you have?

Sponsored Links

Advertise here