The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 3rd, 2012, 01:42 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootingace View Post
Hi, i just got a dialga at level 47 today from my friend. I already have 7 gym badges but dialga won't obey me. What's going on? Is this A glitch and how do i fix it?
Trade Pokémon probably have different needs implemented... try to win 8th badge and see what's gonna happen.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 3rd, 2012, 10:02 AM
Narutofan9991

Do traded eggs hatch under your name & i.d.?
Old July 3rd, 2012, 10:26 AM
JollyRoger25
Dark Type Master

Nature: Jolly
Whats the best place to train pokemon to higher levels in Black?
Oh and Narutofan9991, yes, they hatch under your name and ID.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 10:32 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narutofan9991 View Post
Do traded eggs hatch under your name & i.d.?
Yes they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyRoger25 View Post
Whats the best place to train pokemon to higher levels in Black?
Oh and Narutofan9991, yes, they hatch under your name and ID.
It would help if you told us where you were. n__n;
Old July 3rd, 2012, 11:35 AM
JollyRoger25
Dark Type Master

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post

It would help if you told us where you were. n__n;
Sorry, I'm finished with the game's storyline, so I can go literally anywere in Pokemon Black.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 12:22 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Quote:
Sorry, I'm finished with the game's storyline, so I can go literally anywere in Pokemon Black.
Oh, well. Giant Chasm is a good place to go, it has Pokemon in their late 50's to early 60's. Just battle Pokemon like Audino there, with a lucky egg attached too you'll gain EXP easily. n__n
Old July 4th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
I also recommend battling the Trainers in Big Stadium/Small Court if you need extra training. Cheren can also be battled at Victory Road every day, you can also battle Bianca in Nuvema Town on weekends after you beat the Elite Four a second time.

And also just like DragonOmega said, fighting wild Audino at Giant Chasm can also help you train your Pokemon.

Paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

Old July 7th, 2012, 08:36 AM
pokemontrainer_samuel
Smoochum

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via ICQ to pokemontrainer_samuel Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to pokemontrainer_samuel Send a message via Yahoo to pokemontrainer_samuel
I saw some players on the GTS with flashy neon trainer messages. How do I do that?
Charizard the level 50 Charizard!

This chibi Articuno was adopted at Lugia.co.uk!
Old July 8th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Slayr231
Aspiring Writer, or something

My friend had a scrafty who knew both dragon dance and drain punch. He doesn't hack Pokemon and I know both moves can be bred onto scrafty, but from different fathers and I don't think any of the fathers can learn the other move. How is that possible? He moved away before I got a chance to ask him.
Old July 8th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

A male Smeargle that knows Dragon Dance and Drain Punch breeds with a female Scrappy/Scrafty and voila! n_n
Old July 9th, 2012, 08:41 AM
vegal
Beginning Trainer

Hey guys. I loved pokemon seasons and games upto Hoenn and then it turned into 734737437 new pokemons and I lost track and stopped watching since there are so many.

Recently I bought a DSI XL so I can play pokemon. It seems that nintendo are shoving new 8324828 amounts of new pokemon down our necks and we have to accept that I guess.

I want to play pokemon Black and hite but I got no clue about the pokemon.

Please guide me about what sort of pokemon are good etc

I am a pro at pokemon upto Hoenn. Know everything about them. Types, stats, attacks, evoloutions and everthing.

This new gen I dont know anything about

Guide me plesae D:

Dont just link me to the bulbapedia pokedex -.-
Old July 9th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Wild Entei
One does not simply stalk me..

Nature: Brave
People usually put the starters in PC when they get better pokemon.I really like Galvantula,Haxorus,Kyurem.Galvantula is a strong electric type pokemon and Haxorus a dragon type one.That's all i can say.
Old July 9th, 2012, 09:22 AM
pokehearts
I like trains.

Nature: Naive
Tepig is a pretty good starter in my opinion, though Oshawott is good too. I suggest catching Pokemon like Darumaka (A really powerful fire type) Petilil (May not be your cup of tea, as it is a grass type, but it gets Own Tempo + Petal Dance once it evolves.) Axew (A super powerful dragon type that's awesome in game once it evolves) Rufflet (I suggest egg trading at the start of your game, as you don't get it until right before Victory Road) and Zorua (A pretty good Dark type. Though, see if you can egg trade it with Dark Pulse, because it has better Sp. Attack then Normal Attack.) That's all I can say without taking too much space, I suggest going to http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml
and looking at the Black White Pokedex.

Friend Codes:
White 2: 2538 1585 2551

The unofficial Train Master of the Pokecommunity
Old July 10th, 2012, 12:17 AM
Slayr231
Aspiring Writer, or something

I am trying to teach Smeargle dragon dance and drain punch to breed in Pokemon Black and I can't get Smeargle to learn a second sketch. I already taught it dragon dance but when it passed level 31, where it was to supposed to learn another sketch, it just replaced dragon dance with sketch. Help?
Old July 10th, 2012, 03:52 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegal View Post
Hey guys. I loved pokemon seasons and games upto Hoenn and then it turned into 734737437 new pokemons and I lost track and stopped watching since there are so many.
It's actually 734737437 - 734736788 but oh well...

Quote:
Even though you don't want to look at Pokédex, it's the best way
You know... it's best to carefully choose the Pokémon you use
Once you do that, they will surely be your favorites =)

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 10th, 2012, 04:30 AM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Quote:

Recently I bought a DSI XL so I can play pokemon. It seems that nintendo are shoving new 8324828 amounts of new pokemon down our necks and we have to accept that I guess.

I want to play pokemon Black and hite but I got no clue about the pokemon.

Please guide me about what sort of pokemon are good etc

I am a pro at pokemon upto Hoenn. Know everything about them. Types, stats, attacks, evoloutions and everthing.

This new gen I dont know anything about

Guide me plesae D:

May I come up with some good Pokemon to use in Black & White?

For a Fire-type, great options are Darmanitan for a Physical attacker or Chandelure for a Special attacker. Darmanitan (which starts as Darumaka) hits really hard due to its Sheer Force ability (Hustle as Darumaka) and man, Fire Punch hits extremely hard. Darmanitan also gets the Sheer Force from moves like Fire Fang and Flare Blitz.

You can catch Litwick (Chandelure's lowest stage) at Celestial Tower, so sometime around the 6th Badge. Litwick has pitiful Speed so you might have to give it an Exp. Share until it evolves into Lampent at Level 41. If you have a Dusk Stone, you can evolve Lampent into Chandelure. Chandelure has extremely high Special Attack (it actually has the highest Special Attack of all non-Legendaries) and it gets good Special-based attacks like Flame Burst and Shadow Ball. I definitely recommend it cos I used one in my Black playthrough and it never disappointed me.

Frillish is a good choice for a Water-type if you don't start with Oshawott. You can catch them in Driftveil City/Route 17 & 18 once you have Surf (after you win your 6th Badge). It's really good once it evolves into Jellicent, it has good defensive stats and HP, and pretty good Special Attack as well.

Lilligant is a great option for a Grass-type (starts as Petilil). They might be White exclusive, although if you're playing Black you can talk to a Lass in Nacrene City to trade your Cottonee for a Petilil. This special one comes with perfect Special Attack IVs and a Modest nature, meaning it will hit hard. Evolve Petilil with a Sun Stone at 26 and no later so that Lilligant can learn Quiver Dance. With Quiver Dance, Lilligant will start to become a sweeper on the Special-based spectrum, Petal Dance is also a must if you get one with Own Tempo.

I also recommend Scraggy, cos it gets awesome attacks at low levels (like Brick Break and Hi Jump Kick) and it can take hits pretty well. It may take a long time to evolve (Level 39) but at least its learned moves make up for that. Once it becomes Scrafty, it can hit really hard. Even better if you get one with the Moxie ability, which raises Scrafty's Attack stat when it knocks out an opponent's Pokemon. It can learn some good TMs too, with loads of great Physical-based attacks. Plus it is weak to only Flying and Fighting-type attacks, which means it isn't too heavy on weaknesses.

Drilbur (which you can find in dust clouds in most caves) is awesome to use if you need a strong Ground-type. At Level 31, it evolves into the mighty Excadrill. Excadrill has a ton of Attack and learns great Physical-based attacks that will hit very hard not to mention it gets moves like Hone Claws and Swords Dance which boost its already-high Attack stat. Being part Steel, it has a good amount of resistances not to mention it learns Earthquake shortly after evolving (Level 36) which is great since the TM is not available until the post-game. I highly recommend Excadrill.

As mentioned above, Axew is a great option for a Dragon-type cos it hits extremely hard once it becomes Haxorus. It gets moves like Dragon Dance and Swords Dance which boost its potency, not to mention all the great attacks they get. Try and go for the ones with Mold Breaker cos Rivalry is plain useless.

Sigilyph, which you can find in the Desert Resort is a great option for a Psychic-type. Sigilyph has good stats in everything except Attack, but that won't matter since you'll want it to focus on Special-based attacks. It gets good moves like Psychic and Air Slash. It has some good support moves too including Cosmic Power, Reflect and Light Screen. It's also a good Flying-type to use as well. Definitely go for one with Magic Guard.

Paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

Old July 11th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Azureth

I am curious, why did D/P/Pt have a Mystery Zone but B&W doesn't?
Old July 11th, 2012, 12:48 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azureth View Post
I am curious, why did D/P/Pt have a Mystery Zone but B&W doesn't?
Well the Mystery Zone existed in Gen IV so the underground wouldn't all glitch up, and I'm guessing with the removal of all the underground data in Gen V meant that the Mystery Zone wasn't needed.
Old July 11th, 2012, 11:28 PM
pokemontrainer_samuel
Smoochum

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via ICQ to pokemontrainer_samuel Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to pokemontrainer_samuel Send a message via Yahoo to pokemontrainer_samuel
There is a triple Porygon event on the pokemon gl now. They said you can find the porygon c-gear password at pokemon.com and the password to befriend porygon at IGN. But I can't seem to find them. Anyone know the password to it?

By the way, I can't find it on the net because it's just available today. And it's not the Japanese event which ended some time ago
Charizard the level 50 Charizard!

This chibi Articuno was adopted at Lugia.co.uk!
Old July 12th, 2012, 09:22 AM
EQUALSGAMER
Proud user of Garbodor

just wondering how do you get to anville town i beat the elite four once nd have gone everywhere but there.
Old July 12th, 2012, 09:25 AM
BlackPheonix
Beginning Trainer

I have been trying for about 2 days now to make my pokemon legal for wi-fi battles. My team is:

Ferrothorn, Ability: iron barbs. Moves: Spikes, Stealth Rock, Iron Head, Ingrain

Blissey, Ability: Natural Cure. Moves: Egg Bombs, Shadow Ball, Hyper Beam, Work up

Flygon, Ability: Levitate. Moves: U-turn, Aerial Ace, Hone Claws, Incinerate

Luxray, Ability: Intimidate. Moves: Substitute, Toxic, Roar, Wild Charge

Politoed, Ability: Water Absorb. Moves: Brick Break, Echoed Voice, Scald, Ice Beam

Scizor, Ability: Technician. Moves: Agility, Bullet Punch, Swords Dance, Hidden Power (Water)

I dont know my secret ID, is that maybe it?
Old July 12th, 2012, 09:26 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by EQUALSGAMER View Post
just wondering how do you get to anville town i beat the elite four once nd have gone everywhere but there.
You have to take one of the Battle Subway Trains (the brown I think) in Nimbasa City. You don't need to battle anyone though.

Quote:
There is a triple Porygon event on the pokemon gl now. They said you can find the porygon c-gear password at pokemon.com and the password to befriend porygon at IGN. But I can't seem to find them. Anyone know the password to it?

By the way, I can't find it on the net because it's just available today. And it's not the Japanese event which ended some time ago
The passwords are IGNPORYGON and PORYZCGEAR2012.
Old July 13th, 2012, 10:56 PM
Aerinoctis
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lax
Trade related question!

I just got Black the other day. I've had White since it came out. This is the first time in God knows how long that I have two Pokémon games of the same generation at the same time. I've just started my journey, so I can't test this out, but I'm wondering it anyway. After I get the trio badge and can actually trade, can I send my team to my White version, level them a little bit so that the game proceeds quicker and more people are at Black City, and then send my team back to Black without requiring additional gym badges for them to obey me?
Old July 13th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Keyaki

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Keyaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerinoctis View Post
Trade related question!

I just got Black the other day. I've had White since it came out. This is the first time in God knows how long that I have two Pokémon games of the same generation at the same time. I've just started my journey, so I can't test this out, but I'm wondering it anyway. After I get the trio badge and can actually trade, can I send my team to my White version, level them a little bit so that the game proceeds quicker and more people are at Black City, and then send my team back to Black without requiring additional gym badges for them to obey me?
All Pokemon received in any trades require an x amount of badges before it will obey its trainer. Depending on the level of your Pokemon in White, if you trade them to Black you'll need an a certain amount of badges if you need them to obey you. If you plan on getting to Black City, then you may need to get all 8 badges and if you plan on doing that using Pokemon from White version whom are no doubt at way higher levels, then you're going to have a tough time.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 13th, 2012, 11:19 PM
Aerinoctis
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyaki View Post
All Pokemon received in any trades require an x amount of badges before it will obey its trainer. Depending on the level of your Pokemon in White, if you trade them to Black you'll need an a certain amount of badges if you need them to obey you. If you plan on getting to Black City, then you may need to get all 8 badges and if you plan on doing that using Pokemon from White version whom are no doubt at way higher levels, then you're going to have a tough time.
Thanks for the speedy reply, but...that wasn't what I wanted to do. I already know that if I did that method it wouldn't work. What I wanted to do was trade my Pokémon I have in Black to White, train them in White to a higher level (just slapping them in the Elite Four with an Exp Share or something) and then trade them back to Black. I know when you trade / trade back a Pokémon, it gives a welcome back message to the Pokémon of some sort, so I figured it would see that, hey, this little guy was caught by the trainer that it's being traded back to now, and it wouldn't require the badge because of that.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links